Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:34:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: need help with bitmain usd wire transfer  (Read 596 times)
act2017 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:12:12 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2017, 08:04:29 AM by act2017

Hey so I provided my bank with my proforma invoice and told them I wanted to fulfill that invoice with a wire and they withdrew the money, and i uploaded that transfer proof to my bitmain order page.  now they contacted me yesterday nearly a week later and said they would be refunding my account because the company they use to send their wire transfers refused my transfer due to supposed "risk factor".  So my question is who can I use to successfully wire my payment to them?  I was thinking about trying western union because it looks like you can send to a bank account internationally up to 5k dollars from their website (order is for 3500) using a debit/credit card, but I don't want to try and have them send it back.   Does anybody have experience with this, I will be sure to use btc in the future because this is just too stressful.  But I cannot change my payment method according to their website, and I need to find somebody who will wire them the money.  Also another thought is contacting support and asking if they can let me use btc instead.

EDIT: So I had posted this a couple places and haven't gotten any responses, so I was going to just try the western union thing, I made an account, entered the amount (compensated for their upcharge on the exchange rate) and tried to continue, but then it said you have to send it to a bank card.  obviously not an option for me.  So now i'm back to the drawing board.  please any thoughts would help.  also for whatever reason, the only option it gives me when creating a new order if for USD Wire so I can't even order some with btc or ltc.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
act2017 (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:50:06 AM

BUMP
AndyM456

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:31:53 AM

3 years ago I tried a couple of ways of transferring money direct, always stopped due to risk factor. Basically the Banks are making it difficult (they feel threatened). Would personally suggest doing it via BTC and forget fiat currency.
What I did 3 years ago was bought a pallet of S4 for fiat currency from someone in the EU (where I am based) then mined some BTC and used that to get some T9s and Avalon 741s. BTC is awesome, no numpty Bankers trying to stop you for "Risk Factor", last transfer to Avalon cost me 9 USD :-)
act2017 (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:17:16 AM

3 years ago I tried a couple of ways of transferring money direct, always stopped due to risk factor. Basically the Banks are making it difficult (they feel threatened). Would personally suggest doing it via BTC and forget fiat currency.
What I did 3 years ago was bought a pallet of S4 for fiat currency from someone in the EU (where I am based) then mined some BTC and used that to get some T9s and Avalon 741s. BTC is awesome, no numpty Bankers trying to stop you for "Risk Factor", last transfer to Avalon cost me 9 USD :-)

thanks for the reply, for whatever reason on the checkout page it didn't offer me ltc or btc.  only usd wire transfer, am I doing something wrong?

EDIT:  Also, what about these people on bitmain talk who use USD wire transfer and then wait weeks for confirmation but usually seem to get confirmed.  who do they use for wire transfer?  they must receive some payments through wire transfer or i would think they wouldn't even offer it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: