Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:01:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I told my grandma to put all her lifesavings in Bitcoin because you guys said  (Read 7384 times)
allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:11:29 PM

seem to have worked out this but man not a good idea

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
f150

Activity: 606
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:31:25 PM

what's on your mind, until his words like that? Before saying you should think first before issuing words like that. how others who read think you are stupid, his words like that.
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:46:11 PM

I hope this isn't true because investing all your life savings in a market which is very volatile that just stupidity. Most people here are buying bitcoins with their spare money or with savings they have. Bitcoin is a very good investment but currently it's still in early stages and some countries banned it already so I don't invest in it it with my life savings.   

Yes, it's not advisable, but in this case I think it was a good shoot, as they bought when BTC was pricing $4200 and now BTC is at $10.000... More than 100% profit already made in about 5 months. If they have already sold the BTCs, his grandmother must be very happy at this time!  Cheesy
Now it would be better to keep some BTCs invested and withdraw a good part of the profit, this way it's possible to reduce loss chances to zero, as ROI was already hit and any profit from now on it's just an extra...
It was indeed a good shot but I wonder what happened to them now? It was a silly and dangerous move to make because it was the life savings of his grandmother but good thing the price grows so there will be no one crying. I will also suggests to take what is originally invested or maybe more to sell and convert into fiat. It will still be better if grandma can see her life savings visually. It was a great risk after all. Anyways, putting the life savings of his grandma into investing is not a good move because he did it upon reading from this forum. Though it had been profitable but WHAT IF? Imagine the hardship and the sadness that will happen if it didn't work out.

Not that stupi if she have aready made that 2x return. IMO she should cash out becouse noone know what will be tomorow price .
Putting old people in crypto is rather risky behaviour .
For sure, the kid and his grandma's money result to a very big profit because of the growth in the bitcoin price. It was a big risk and not a good idea for risking the old woman's money. Old people needs money mostly for medication and emergency health issues so imagine how big the risk that child has put the money into.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
PricelessBing

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:49:59 PM

You shouldnt have believed everything said in the forum without having utilised your common sense. Now you can only pray.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:50:52 AM

I hope this isn't true because investing all your life savings in a market which is very volatile that just stupidity. Most people here are buying bitcoins with their spare money or with savings they have. Bitcoin is a very good investment but currently it's still in early stages and some countries banned it already so I don't invest in it it with my life savings.   

Yes, it's not advisable, but in this case I think it was a good shoot, as they bought when BTC was pricing $4200 and now BTC is at $10.000... More than 100% profit already made in about 5 months. If they have already sold the BTCs, his grandmother must be very happy at this time!  Cheesy
Now it would be better to keep some BTCs invested and withdraw a good part of the profit, this way it's possible to reduce loss chances to zero, as ROI was already hit and any profit from now on it's just an extra...
It was indeed a good shot but I wonder what happened to them now? It was a silly and dangerous move to make because it was the life savings of his grandmother but good thing the price grows so there will be no one crying. I will also suggests to take what is originally invested or maybe more to sell and convert into fiat. It will still be better if grandma can see her life savings visually. It was a great risk after all. Anyways, putting the life savings of his grandma into investing is not a good move because he did it upon reading from this forum. Though it had been profitable but WHAT IF? Imagine the hardship and the sadness that will happen if it didn't work out.

Indeed. You touched an interesting point, "what if"? After the investment was made and the profit was made (more than 100%, wow!) it's easy to analyze the situation positively, but the inverse could have happened. So it's not an example to follow for other people that are reading about it now. The same volatility that pushes it up, pushes it down as well... So, for those who are thinking about doing the same, think better about it.  Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Shoesouse

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:36:16 AM

What would your grandma do with more money at this age? She should spend it on her luxury now and spent the rest of her life enjoying those
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:32:04 AM

What would your grandma do with more money at this age? She should spend it on her luxury now and spent the rest of her life enjoying those

this is what I am thinking too right now. I think she needs to enjoy the rest of her life with her life savings money and not confuse or do something with her money. but if she really wants to make an investment in bitcoin, maybe she only need to use 25%-50% from all of her life savings money so she still could enjoy her life.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
coinstalker23

Activity: 310
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:44:34 AM

it will only go up. She bought at $4200 Sad
How soon can we REALISTICALLY see $4200 again and upwards?

You can clearly see that bitcoin is overtaking the social media hype because of its rapid growth of adaption and most of the people are seeing it as a chance to get out of poverty but I don't really think that bitcoin can help them. You can't always trust people on the internet on how you do or interact on your daily life. Dude, you are old enough just to think twice what's wrong and right Please don't be a fool to listen to somebody's advice. You are risking your grandmother's lifesaving money just for bitcoin.
tanginamoo

Activity: 276
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:44:05 PM

I definitely agree with this statement. At her age she needs to unwind and enjoy herself with her own money. But I am not saying that you make a wrong decision in telling her to put her lifesavings in bitcoin. It is just that there is more pleasant option.

KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:54:37 PM

You best be not listening to people in the internet specially not in this forum. A lot of people are giving bad advices regarding proper bitcoin investment and giving away your grandma's life savings to bitcoins is very risky. But I do hope you guys became rich because bitcoins cost around $11,000 now.

jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:02:49 PM

His remorse was so gigantic that he decided to suicide after his grandma's loss of nearly 50% and after all these posts saying he was stupid to follow forum users advice. Then he was unable to see the price hitting $20k in December. What a pity!

This is only my guess.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:10:10 PM

I definitely agree with this statement. At her age she needs to unwind and enjoy herself with her own money. But I am not saying that you make a wrong decision in telling her to put her lifesavings in bitcoin. It is just that there is more pleasant option.

Well if the grandmother wants to invest then there ia nothing wrong with that.  Besides he did not stated how old is her grandmother.  But in case that she is on her dawn, then it might be appropriate if she will just enjoy her money.  Nonetheless she wants to give some of her money as inheritance.
halenephthys

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:52:40 PM

You were told in the form what to do and you went to do it. The gambling approach does not say anything. It's only luck that can wait for you after such prompts. You better rely on yourself.

You can't just believe whatever they told you here. Not because bitcoin is doing good these past years means that you will always win in this kind of gamble. There is always a probability that you will lose. Even if it just 1%, it is still a chance. We must only invest what we can afford to lose. So it's not appropriate for me to just invest all your grandma's life savings. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:06:02 PM

You were extremely stupid to believe anything written here. You were extremely stupid to suggest it to her. She was even more stupid to follow through on it.

That's if any of it actually happened of course.
I don't know if his/her story is true but if its true it's a stupidity that turned out to be profitable at this time and more profitable if they sold it at the 4th quarter of 2017. Grin

Not that stupi if she have aready made that 2x return. IMO she should cash out becouse noone know what will be tomorow price .
Putting old people in crypto is rather risky behaviour .

That stupidity that the OP told to her grandma turn out to be profitable at this time if her grandma kept the bitcoin until now or sold it when the price is sky rocketing at $19,000 dollars. But even they got a huge profit from that bitcoin investment it is still not advisable to put all your hard earned money on  crypto currencies, Imagine if her grandma invested at $18,000 to $19,000 dollar she probably have an heart attack now when she see the price at this moment.  Smiley
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:19:32 PM

Your grandma right now is probably harvesting what you and her planted a while ago. And probably that is great for you both to do that. That's a nice risk you took. Right now, all I can say is enjoy the money you've earned out of your risky investment Smiley.
mayu13

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:04:53 PM

Actually it is not a good move or decision. Never ever put ALL your savings in bitcoin or in any investment even if the return is great because we can not determine until when it will go. There are full of ups and downs. Since it is risk taking decision be prepared on what will be the outcome of it. Hope your move would turned out well and make a lot from it and won't regret in the end.
Omosomofa

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:12:11 PM

Investing $4200 in bitcoin depend on your personal Decision. If bitcoin goes up is your luck but if remain like that or drop... She have to wait until bitcoin price goes up for her. And then she can make out profit from her invest. She need to watch the market always... Whenever she notice that the price goes up and she can withdrawn $1000... Let her immediately sell.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:21:40 PM

Most of the people in the forum do not agree the decision taken by you to advise your grandma putting all her lifetime savings in bitcoin.  And you saying that some persons "we"(you)  said it you to do this.  I am sure no body would have said this you to invest all the savings in one bitcoin.  I have seen most of the people advising here and also I am of the opinion that we must not invest all our investments in one instrument only (do not put all the eggs in one tray)  as it increases our risk factor.  
So I think your claim regarding members in this forum said you to do so is not true.  I think you just want to troll some post here.  
Now though the investment has doubled but I sincerely advise you to sell some part of bitcoin now and keep this money in some other investment like gold or bank deposit.  
Though the decision taken was foolish; but still I congratulate you as the investment value today is more than double.  So be quick encash some part of it.  It will be better option for your grandma.
I pray for the good health of your grandma. God give her good health.
turagsoy123456

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:40:53 PM

Yes,  your right you explain well about this situation. Putting your all money in one investment is so risky. We all know that bitcoin has no stability in their price.Sometimes the value of bitcoin inclined up and somtimes inclined down. But if you have a wise idea you know how to hold your coin be patiece in that situation you can wait it. So you have in the right track.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
zentdex

Activity: 196
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:47:50 PM

Hi there, any updates about this investment, seeing those 4.2k it seems you almost bought a one half bitcoin on those days. I have notice that you risk the lifesaving money of your beloved grandma and do hope that you purchase it then when the price is much way more lower than today even the fact that bitcoin current price is almost half of the recorded all time high of 20k. I do hope that this goes well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: