Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:27:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Imagine this in your country  (Read 457 times)
Naccamotor (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:15:24 PM

Imagine that after ppl have burnt their fingers using toasters the state decides to ban toasters. A week later online shops have to stop business within 2 weeks. Some online shops may stay in business for an additional month because they've never sold toasters....

Luckily there's Bisq..

Lucky me for living in Switzerland.

I bet in the long run Chinese government will cut their own flesh, IF they really keep up the ban. Ppl WILL find a way around. No government can design the future. Imo cryptos will be the future of payment.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:46:26 PM

Imagine that after ppl have burnt their fingers using toasters the state decides to ban toasters. A week later online shops have to stop business within 2 weeks. Some online shops may stay in business for an additional month because they've never sold toasters....

Luckily there's Bisq..

I bet in the long run Chinese government will cut their own flesh, IF they really keep up the ban. Ppl WILL find a way around. No government can design the future. Imo cryptos will be the future of payment.

Don't buy into the FUD man. China isn't going to ban Bitcoin or cryptocurrency anytime soon. That you can put your money on. They are not stupid!
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:02:35 AM

Luckily there's Bisq..

I think the chance is very more likely that this ban is a fraud, China in it's obsession to become economically more powerfull knows very well the power behind the movement that is cryptocurrency and most likely is looking at how this can play a role in the very much anticipated shift that will happen anytime in our lifetimes.

I personally think that any government that stimulates cryptocurrency is going to benefit themselves and country immense by participating, though I'm not sure if they realize that yet themselves. But time is surely ticking, the adoption of new tech goes at an increasingly faster pace.

Also crypto whether succes or failure in solving the issue, seems from an ideological point of view to satisfy a huge and growing dissatisfaction surrounding central banks.
People are more than glad to take away their power any means necessary but for a long time people have been stuck playing their game with no escape card. It seems that that card has finally entered the deck and it's been shuffled and dealt only waiting to be played out.

Interesting times it are, everything goes faster than ever before.

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:24:59 AM

Quote from: Naccamotor lLiving topic=2181382.msg21880234#msg21880234 date=1505517324
Imagine that after ppl have burnt their fingers using as oasters the state decides to ban toasters. A week later online shops have to stop business within 2 weeks. Some online shops may stay in business for an additional month because they've never sold toasters....

Luckily there's Bisq..

Good analogy brother. Luckily for you, you're  living in one of the most Cryptocurrency friendly country. Hope most countries become as free as your country one day.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:28:46 AM

your analogy is wrong.

people never burnt their fingers with toasters. instead it was shops selling toasters illegally without license to sell toasters! so the government came to them and said "who let you sell toasters, we are closing you down". and people continued using toasters and buying toasters from those shops that had the license.

There is a FOMO brewing...
mekar sari

Activity: 1302
Merit: 501

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:32:11 AM

I really agree with the content of this thread, some people do not like china because of this.
However it is their right, but I am glad to see them banning cryptocurrency, hopefully they have actually sold all their coins. And God will bless us all

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Simple_Man

Activity: 163
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:33:34 AM

Luckily there's Bisq..

I do agree but the viewpoint of the Chinese communist government is different. THe Chinese government is a communist government. A true communist is a friend of poor and needy people. But Chinese government is mainly Maoists. They believe in power and not in the rights of the people. So when they saw that people have got their own way of earning, they tried to intervene. Because earning money is similar to earning power.

Chinese government just can't bear that fact that a lot of people is trying to earn a decent living through bitcoin. They are just power greedy animal and trying to stop the bitcoin because they want their people to be dependent on government only. However, bitcoin is not alone dependent on bitcoin because  a huge public support backs them up.
iamMhew

Activity: 688
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:52:26 AM

Luckily there's Bisq..

some other toasters seller (exchanger) are have no licenses so they just got banned on their country. so the continuation of this toaster seller to be a legal seller on their country is just to have a licenses to work again in a legal way. and yes government have no right to handle your own future if you choose to have/work in bitcoin mostly alt-coins so you/people always find a way around to keep on what they want to do on their life just be in an legal way.
rcoins0720

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:54:13 AM

nope they will not do that living in different country is yess a big advantage
especially when you are mining and the bill is not that big

I think BTC will not baned in china because some of the well known ICO lives there

beter luck to those have buy btc now because of drop rate
Lenzie

Activity: 658
Merit: 254

For campaign management, please pm me.

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:08:12 AM

Luckily there's Bisq..

Don't buy into the FUD man. China isn't going to ban Bitcoin or cryptocurrency anytime soon. That you can put your money on. They are not stupid!
Yes I think so too. China saw the opportunity in bitcoin and is maximizing a way to earn from it. They strategically create news that manipulates the value. Well guess what, it didn't. They have just manipulated the nervous small holder but not us. They did not close the exchange exactly they are just uspending it for having no license. But it will be soon resolve.
Job well done to china bitcoin decrease really deep.

Bitcoin Mixer
▬▬ www.Go-Overt.com ▬▬
.............CLEARNET..........TORNET............
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀░░░░██████▄
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄█▀░░░░░░█████████
▀████████▌▐░░░░░░░████████▀
▀████████▄██▄░░████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀