Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:54:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO & November 'possible' fork  (Read 638 times)
moamin77 (OP)

Activity: 310
Merit: 102

JACS.tech

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:40:45 AM

If you're planning for an ICO in the near future & your timeline is flexible, (i.e. its start & end dates), is it wise to avoid the month of November due to the 'possible' BTC fork?

I know Alt & ICOs could always be a good backup plan for the folks who are afraid to keep their BTC during the instability time but there is always that group who prefers to jump from the Crypto boat completely (& possibly gets back again when the dust settles) 

byusboy

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:37:45 PM

If you're planning for an ICO in the near future & your timeline is flexible, (i.e. its start & end dates), is it wise to avoid the month of November due to the 'possible' BTC fork?

I know Alt & ICOs could always be a good backup plan for the folks who are afraid to keep their BTC during the instability time but there is always that group who prefers to jump from the Crypto boat completely (& possibly gets back again when the dust settles) 

November fork isn't a problem. There is no consensus around S2X, so it simply won't happen or die within 1-2 days. No worries.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1138

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:54:11 PM

For now I don't put any worries on this November event the thing that worries me off on this last day of this month on which we do know China did make implementations on closing exchanges.It would really affects bitcoins price and so on with altcoins too. November is fast approaching but for now we should mind of first on the possible recent event that would happen on this bitcoin world.

moamin77 (OP)

Activity: 310
Merit: 102

JACS.tech

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:08:37 PM

For now I don't put any worries on this November event the thing that worries me off on this last day of this month on which we do know China did make implementations on closing exchanges.It would really affects bitcoins price and so on with altcoins too. November is fast approaching but for now we should mind of first on the possible recent event that would happen on this bitcoin world.

True! Totally Agree! That will be another critical factor but as it'll happen soon (in 2 weeks); we can just wait & see how things go before we decide further on the ICO plans, details & timeline

The Enoeht

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:31:10 PM

China used to make 15% of the market, it´s not like 1.5 billion people were in cryptos.
dealung

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:42:58 PM

there should be no worries in november. all will run as before and hope everyone here will be happy to see the price of btc and alt at the end of the year.
CoinSpeculator

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:54:34 PM

there is no fork till to 2018 for ethereum. if you talking about bitcoin i don't think so for it too.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1138

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:11:12 PM

China used to make 15% of the market, it´s not like 1.5 billion people were in cryptos.
Yes,they do really give some impact on cryptocurrency world since they do have the power and the funds to affect it but well no matter how powerful they are they cant put an end on bitcoin or any other coins in the market.It can affect but its not the reason for it to die.If this upcoming November fork would happen then expect that the thing do happen back in August 1 event will surely happen again this is why we should ready our stashes Smiley

surix

Activity: 274

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:14:10 PM

From my observation, alts are not safe heaven for BTC simply because the correlation is too strong. At least I don’t use them to hedge BTC events, it failed me before.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
kamina87

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:22:39 PM

Thanks for giving advice to everyone, but I think in November everything will be the same again as on August 1st. Investing in ICO projects will not affect much.

tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:56:41 PM

If the ICO is collecting ETH funds, I don't think there will be any problems.
kolap

Activity: 301

In Crypto We Trust

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:28:13 PM

This Eth keep forking. It's getting annoying. Just like the China dramas.

YYmeans

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:32:41 PM

Then can ask ETH instead , or at the worst , another coin like BCC will come out.

bouren

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:40:57 PM

Fork are always followed by the bunch of fuds, predictions, estimates and panic. We have seen the month of July, how offbit it was due to UASF earlier and then BCC.
Same blizz can happen in November too, no doubt. But I feel that community is more mature to fork situation now. As well as next possible fork has positive outlook from community so it won't be a big problem.
So we can conclude that ICO will remain unaffected and we could see more crypto millionarie ICO this November.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:04:10 PM

I think that's going to come and go without a hitch. Simply for the fact and everybody's focused on everything else and all this other fear based rumor mill stuff. Makes it impossible for anybody to focus on the important things while they're focused on things that aren't even real in the first place. Like this China ban that was nothing more than talk during the protocol assessments at the government.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
Eugene_Debs_Hartke

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:06:25 PM

I think that's going to come and go without a hitch. Simply for the fact and everybody's focused on everything else and all this other fear based rumor mill stuff. Makes it impossible for anybody to focus on the important things while they're focused on things that aren't even real in the first place. Like this China ban that was nothing more than talk during the protocol assessments at the government.

Also what happened after bitcoin cash hard fork? Bitcoin came out ATH and stronger. Bitcoin never fails.
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:40:31 PM

Don't worry about november when octobers a bigger problem. China could effectively kill off 15% of the entire market. It would recover, yes, but it'd take a while

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██