Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:41:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins are a joke, only bitcoin matters!  (Read 2135 times)
ozanec123 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:33:48 PM

Guys, I own 6 different alcoins and during the dip i followed them all go down as the bitcoin was losing in value.  Then yesterday when things started stabilising they were all without any exception all rising in value as the bitcoin raised too. So if bitcoin is driving all prices up and down, what's the point of playing with altcoins if no matter what techonology they use and what team stands behind them they ll just follow the bitcoin lead? I am not sure about you but this last situation depressed me a lot, and I would love to read your opinion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:38:01 PM

Try ARK, look at it's charts. There's more, but that's the one on my mind right now.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
europesss

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:45:33 PM

Guys, I own 6 different alcoins and during the dip i followed them all go down as the bitcoin was losing in value.  Then yesterday when things started stabilising they were all without any exception all rising in value as the bitcoin raised too. So if bitcoin is driving all prices up and down, what's the point of playing with altcoins if no matter what techonology they use and what team stands behind them they ll just follow the bitcoin lead? I am not sure about you but this last situation depressed me a lot, and I would love to read your opinion.
BTC needs competitors to make it grow , otherwise you can't see a better btc. That's the key of altcoins. I believe in that someday there will be some altcoins better than BTC.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 03:05:38 PM

EURO, GBP and CHF are a joke. We only need "the mighty" $.

AleSergio

Activity: 378

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:07:01 PM

At first you were looking on a price of USD, because mostly we have pairs like altcoin/btc than ofcourse you have seen a red market for all altcoins. But if you look closer there are lots of projects which have received zero affect, because of such news. For example ARK has grown during this period, also investFeed has gained good volume Smiley You just need to research...

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

amirsambudi

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:09:04 PM

it is true that all bitcoins are affected by the bitcoin price movement, but the development of the project itself is also important so that they can keep their prices and not fall too deep

BTConFire

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:10:36 PM

The price only alters because people panic sell altcoins as well when BTC price flinches. Altcoins are easier to mine, some are easier to gamble with, some can be traded fast, some keeps anonymity, some are secure. Those altcoins with a lot of balance and stability won't even budge with a small change in BTC value. However, the recent China's acts made some force sell all their online worth of cryptocurrencies. I guess that brought down the market price of several coins. There are a handful of coins like ARK, XMR and ETH which won't fail you.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:20:23 PM

A big part of the answer is trading pairs - moving between fiat and alts generally involves going via bitcoin. Another big part is that we are (still) in quite early days of crypto, and bitcoin is hugely dominant. Which in turn is a reason for the btc/alt trading pairs.

I think as the market matures, and as trading becomes easier and a lot of the projects become embedded in everyday life, then alts will begin to decouple from bitcoin.

But it's not a 100% match at the moment anyway. Coins do rise and fall for good reasons of their own; it's just that this is not always noticeable because it is swamped by the bitcoin effect. If a coin rises $1 because of good progress with the project, and simultaneously falls $4 because bitcoin is tanking, then you don't see the split - you just see the $3 overall drop, and (rough) correlation with bitcoin.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:25:52 PM

Bitcoin and the altcoins do not develope 100% equally.
When you look closer you will see that the alts had a bigger amplitude than bitcoin had. That can be used by the traders to make some extra percent of money.
And then you have to think that this time the whole market of crypto currencies was hit. That does not happen always.
Often you hear good/bad news about just a single coin. Then that one coin behaves completely different than the market.

It's me!!!
Gecko8

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:37:31 PM

Agree, it is dominated by Bitcoin, but actually it also depends on company itself, which sits behind the altcoin. During the dump itself I had identified an interesting pattern. Obvoiusly POS coin stayed a bit more stable than other altcoins. Probably because most are staking and do not move back and forwards their funds.
SchlaWinner

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

Invent Bacon-Coin and see me HODL

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:43:52 PM

Just because the market is dominated by BTC and (almost) all altcoin charts look similar to btc, that shouldnt mean that altcoins are a joke...

Either you believe in a project and invest long-term or if youre a trader - some coins act more volatile than others esp in respect to btc crashing.. look at okcash for example - from ,00010 back to ,00018 while btc recovered by around 25% (or well as of now, 20%)

So long-term investors went back to were the coin started before btc went down.. and traders couldve jumped in at its low and made 3x the %-gain btc got

I am too awesome to even do Signature campaigns.
minbosen

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:51:17 PM

I think the btc looks like the USD and other altcoins are similar to the CNY, CHF and so on, of course you can hold btc as a long term investment, but you can also have some altcoins to make great profit.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████