Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:51:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bought ETH just to join an ICO ?  (Read 1016 times)
Sungoku

Activity: 462
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:47:06 AM

I think to join and invest in ico not too much if still do not have experience.
 1-5 eth is enough. Good luck
JohnSnowSand

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:45:31 AM

Guilty as charged, ETH by itself does not really excite me .
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:13:04 AM

I also think that many people bought ETH purely for participating in ICOs. And this is a reason for its rise, as well as a reason for it falling during the big ICOs when people complain that the network is clogged and can't take the volumes.
ICOs aren't really the purpose of ETH, but I do think it's the driving factor in price at the moment.

maulana rifai

Activity: 331
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:10:41 AM

Each ico has a different price so you have to know the price of ETH to buy ico first.
moamin77

Activity: 310
Merit: 102

JACS.tech

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:53:36 AM

How many bought ETH just to join an ICO ?

Till now, I usually exchange part of my Eth holdings for the selected ERC-20 tokens.....but soon, I may need to add some Eth to continue investing in the good ICOs that will be out there

dewanaga
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:14:57 AM

Till now, I usually exchange part of my Eth holdings for the selected ERC-20 tokens.....but soon, I may need to add some Eth to continue investing in the good ICOs that will be out there
I think to invest a certain amount of ethereum on a project do not do much if you still do not really understand,
and choosing a good ico is very important
moamin77

Activity: 310
Merit: 102

JACS.tech

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:23:47 AM

I think to invest a certain amount of ethereum on a project do not do much if you still do not really understand,
and choosing a good ico is very important

Yes! That's exactly what I meant by 'Good ICOs'......I am referring to the ones that will 100% satisfy all requirements in the due diligence check list (project idea, feasibility, team, panel, distribution %, lock-in tokens, price, bounty program.....& many more)

cryptowomba

Activity: 234

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:39:43 PM

I have bought ETH to get involved in an ICO, but I think people who are doing this should be very aware of the price of ETH and how it can greatly affect your investment.
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:40:32 PM

I bought a double digits worth of ethereum and i got a decent return worth hundreds of ethereum from ico, But it depends on your self how many the amount of ethereum that you will afford to lose in there if the project gonna fail in the future. Because this was a pure speculation. 50% Yes:50% No

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

I hve bought some Ethereum, but not to participate in some ICOs. I am going to hold them.
The most times I invest in ICOs with my Bitcoins!
shenjing85

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:09:18 PM

I would rather wait for the tokens to come to exchange to buy them directly than buying during ICO.

I only bought a few eth (less then 10) to join in some very hot ICO projects such as Kyber, generally, I would like to buy some cheap tokens just after the ICO is over since there are some panic investor or bounty hunters selling their tokens below the ICO price.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

karmamiu

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:22:51 PM

Well in my case i don't also think if somebody do this, but I bought ETH jsut for my own sake and not for ICOs existing, maybe it is also tempting to invest ETH in ICOs but just like the others keep saying it is better to wait till it comes to exchanges before I will buy coins directly. I jsut also let my ETH sleep for a while, and been reserving it just in case I will be in need someday, but hopefully not.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████
█▄███████████
██████████
███████████████▄
█████████████████▌
█████████████████
████▀▀▀▀█████▌
██████▀▀▀███████
███████████▌
███████████▀█
█████████████
▀██████████████
████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░▀██▀░███
███░▀▀▀█░█░▀▀▀█░█░░░░░░███
███░░░░░█░░░░░█░░░░░░███
███░░░░░█░░░░░█░▀▀▀█░███
███░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░░███
▀████████████████████████▀
██████████
████████████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Flodemaga

Activity: 286

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:17:40 PM

Well this year ICO using smart contracts and getting a lot investment were a showtime to eth, since its required those currencie to work with the smart contracts, some person told me that bitcoin can easy get those feature and incorporate more value as well, but eth is high due to the several ICO that keep coming.
anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:44:22 PM

I would rather wait for the tokens to come to exchange to buy them directly than buying during ICO.

I only bought a few eth (less then 10) to join in some very hot ICO projects such as Kyber, generally, I would like to buy some cheap tokens just after the ICO is over since there are some panic investor or bounty hunters selling their tokens below the ICO price.

yes,

now the most of ico's are overpriced if they are not scams.

looking at tokens after ico is a good idea because price is more cheap than ico price
kandholabhavna

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:04:26 PM

Most of the ETH i had bought to buy different ICO's, but I also saw the opportunity of ETH being used by the masses to buy different ICO's and so bought some to sell when the price is high. Now I am doing the same and buying CFI, so when the masses adopt it, I will sell them.

Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:09:37 PM

Well this year ICO using smart contracts and getting a lot investment were a showtime to eth, since its required those currencie to work with the smart contracts, some person told me that bitcoin can easy get those feature and incorporate more value as well, but eth is high due to the several ICO that keep coming.

But the people who are all invest on ICO will not profitable one every people. However, most of the ICO giving option to buy the tokens with the ETH alone not much with bitcoin since it is first and costliest crypto.
I am now waiting to get some tokens which I bought with the btc only. Now eth value also slightly increasing.
tfot123

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:17:37 PM

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well! I’m the community manager for Pally and just wanted to invite you to join the discussion on our bitcointalk thread and telegram group. We’re a decentralised social travel platform, have existed since early 2016, have live products out and got successfully through our pre-sale in 11 minutes in August. Hope to speak to some of you. Our ICO starts Oct 15th 2017

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2100229.0
https://t.me/icopally
www.pally.co

You can also try out a BETA version of the app
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pally-the-app-for-friendly-internationals/id1206993633?mt=8

Kind Regards,
Tanya
Community Manager
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:51:58 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 06:27:46 PM by shyliar

i would say the main catalyst for bitcoin's rise this year was people buying bitcoin to buy ethereum to buy icos.

if there hadn't have been any icos then bitcoin would be half or less of its current price and ethereum would be 20-30 bucks.

I think you're right. Although since ETH hasn't produced a single popular DAPP or been adopted by anyone of importance the price might have remained even lower.
NoiseBoy

Activity: 266

Sound. Fury. Signifying.

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:58:32 PM

This is basically me, all the time. I only hold eth when I'm in between ICO positions.

But then, that's really what Ethereum is intended for. Eth wasn't envisioned as a currency or a store of value; rather, it was indended to serve as the gas that fuels smart contracts. ICOs are just that--smart contracts. And they raise money for appications that will eventually run on numerous smart contracts. That fact that ethereum has inflated so much is largely speculation; the real value in eth is in its ability to run the EVM.
Backupnime

Activity: 494
Merit: 104

homt.net

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:00:42 PM

i'm never interest to join in ICO, prefer for trading better than participate in ico program.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: