Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:04:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Zuckerberg and Bitcoin  (Read 8461 times)
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:42:11 PM

Not exactly true... he was supposed to be making it with/for them..... 

That's true, he did say we was going to create it for them, but he didn't copy their exact plans. The two men only had ideas, no designs etc. He couldn't of stole anything because them men actually didn't create anything except for a idea, which social networks already existed at that point. They said ONLY for their university. BUt, that's just limiting the social network.

Yet, Mark did take some of their ideas, but he turned them into so much more. The film "social network" actually explains this and Mark points out some very good points. One of them was that them two guys wouldn't even know how to do it, he's the one who created it.
In fact, them two guys did provide him with some code, yet Mark didn't even use ANY of their code. He used their general idea, but turned it into 'his' version.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:59:07 AM

Zuckerberg will support Ripple. 

Ripple is gonna be hailed as a great revolutionary leap in the world of finance. 

Watch out for more corporate backing on ripple.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
BeeCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:29:35 AM

Zuckerberg will support Ripple. 
Source?
Why should he support Ripple, when he can make his own "Fripple"?
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:50:32 PM

In other news.

Mark Zuckerburg dumps $1 billion into LiteCoin.

Alternative title...

A Fool and his Money soon parted.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
CoinGuard

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:12:07 PM

Personally I don't think it's a good thing for that megalomaniac to have interest in it.

This worries me, someone who has built the worlds largest repository of more than a billion people's thoughts, photos, address, phone numbers, friends, etc and actually could give two f**cks about user privacy, and was a part of the NSA PRIZM program (naturally) getting into btc will completely throw out what bitcoin is about.

No thanks Mark.

I remember someone mentioning that back in Facebook's early days Zuck was speaking to his cronies, and mentioned that "people who use Facebook are stupid" this was before the platform was opened to devs. Once the open graph and other FB APIs became available and I took a look at the massive amount of data you could use in your app I was a believer in the fact that he probably did make that comment.

Many of the people using Facebook have no idea the things us developers can access on them. Remember Mark is a nerd.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:28:14 PM

Personally I don't think it's a good thing for that megalomaniac to have interest in it.

This worries me, someone who has built the worlds largest repository of more than a billion people's thoughts, photos, address, phone numbers, friends, etc and actually could give two f**cks about user privacy, and was a part of the NSA PRIZM program (naturally) getting into btc will completely throw out what bitcoin is about.

No thanks Mark.

I remember someone mentioning that back in Facebook's early days Zuck was speaking to his cronies, and mentioned that "people who use Facebook are stupid" this was before the platform was opened to devs. Once the open graph and other FB APIs became available and I took a look at the massive amount of data you could use in your app I was a believer in the fact that he probably did make that comment.

Many of the people using Facebook have no idea the things us developers can access on them. Remember Mark is a nerd.
I don't follow your objection. Why don't you start the world's largest social network and base it on anonymity? Here's a freebie. Call it PoserBook.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
CoinGuard

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:40:34 PM

No thanks Mark.

I don't follow your objection. Why don't you start the world's largest social network and base it on anonymity? Here's a freebie. Call it PoserBook.

Nowhere did I say I wanted to start a social network. What Mark has done is an achievement in of itself. But I think your missing the point of what I'm saying the mission statement of Facebook and what bitcoin stand for are not in alignment what so ever.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:06:33 PM

No thanks Mark.

Nowhere did I say I wanted to start a social network. What Mark has done is an achievement in of itself. But I think your missing the point of what I'm saying the mission statement of Facebook and what bitcoin stand for are not in alignment what so ever.
Since when is the mission of FB not about making billions? What better way to monetize everything than with Bitcoin?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
BeeCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:56:28 PM

So, any follow-up on Mark Z. and Bitcoins?
Haven't heard any further news...
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 02:51:52 PM

There was no news. The whole thing was bullshit to begin with.

also see
atomium
Donator

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Study the past, if you would divine the future.

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:01:15 PM

lets see what zuck finally does, all the big guys seem to talk about but aren't doing anything
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:37:17 PM

lets see what zuck finally does, all the big guys seem to talk about but aren't doing anything

That's true. A lot of owners of BIG companies have been 'interested' in Bitcoin, but they usually don't opt in for it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: