Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:54:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: starting a bitcoin exchange  (Read 1304 times)
kodmanyagha

Activity: 74
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:28:44 PM

First thing you must have to have lots of money. for example 100 btc you need.

then I implemented bitcoin, altcoin and fiat pair exchange software. please look this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5053350.0

this has 5 coins btc, bch, eth, xrp, ltc. you can buy this and then start immediatelly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aftermkt
Copper Member

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:28:26 PM

Anyone who can help with good information on how to start a bitcoin/altcoin exchange.

biggest thing I would like to know is where to source for bitcoins, or is there a way we can be affiliates with bitcoin.org so when users on our platform buy bitcoins we are provided with bitcoins from any other source or bitcoin.org is this possible.

Thanks for your help.

I can advise regarding the requirements from a legal perspective as we have setup a handful of exchanges. This includes obtaining money transmission or securities licenses. I wont bore you with the details here, but feel free to pm me
ethernitylive

Activity: 15
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 08:34:05 PM

Dear Sirs,

I lead a team of 5 blockchain developers, we got good experience writing smart contracts and dApps.
We have already put online 2 distributed exchanges and can help you start up your project.

You can see our work at:
https://ethernity.live

I am at your service to provide you with further details or discuss any project related issue.

Best regards,
Fatima
tradebtcEU

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 06:03:36 PM

I can tell you a few things:
- a simple exchange it is easy to get, but it relies on 3rd parties wallets
- if you aim toward a real trading platform, the things are more complex (and expensive)
- if you want to generate and handle wallets, the things are extremely difficult

I worked about one year along with other developers to build our own exchange. We picked the best core we could find and moved on. Initially I though it would take about 1 month (max) to have it ready, it finally took me an year.

What is important to notice, as I though a lot about this before starting the project: we do not store private keys. We rely on the bitgo api to secure the coins and to have a backup record of each transaction. So if you want to store wallets, that it's a huge challenge.

I have worked for more than 10 years as a developer so I understood pretty well the security requirements from the very start. If you are not a developer yourself, you will need to trust other people for dealing with sensitive code parts, which potentially can leave the door open to hackers. So be extremely aware.

IMO, at this point you could buy a PHP based exchange script, which relies on 3rd parties wallets. The disadvantages of such an approach are obvious though: you depend on a centralized exchange rate and pay fees to the wallet providers. But even in this scenario you need a lot of security, as you will still store some personal data that could potentially could leak funds in case of hacking.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:48:00 PM

Can we lock up this thread? Its been a year already and being bumped out with those newbies above.

First thing you must have to have lots of money. for example 100 btc you need.

then I implemented bitcoin, altcoin and fiat pair exchange software. please look this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5053350.0

100 BTC isnt a bad start up but you are just simply advertising or suggesting your software.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
karthickmedia20

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:46:42 PM

Hi Team!

I can see you are holding your nerves to choose source for Bitcoin Exchange Website Development, here I would like to mention Zab Technologies a leading crypto based development company providing highly secured modules for their cryptocurrency based applications!

Take a look at their site (Zab Technologies) and get and idea on how to implement/develop cryptocurrency wallet development.
acarli

Activity: 267
Merit: 77

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 02:27:13 AM

...... If you want to make your own exchange, you have a several options:
1) You can buy a white-label system with performance similar to cryptocurrency exchanges, that are in the second hundred of existing cryptocurrency exchanges. It will cost you thousands of dollars (except liquidity program).
2) You can hire developers, product architects and develop you own product. It will cost you millions od dollars. But it could be better if you find people who already made some exchanges.
Both options need a liquidity program. You have to pay to liquidity provider for crypto and fiat liquidity.
But prepare for a long and difficult work)

Yes, I agree with you.

A "normal" exchange is difficult to pull off now. You probably missed the party on that one. However, might work if you have a unique selling point.

Here are some ideas. I like to make lists so bear with me.

(1) Geotargeted: How about an exchange that targets a specific region that is underserved? Central or South America.

(2) Industry-specific: Exchange that focuses on a specific industry. That's a tough one. You would have to come up with an API that would allow automatic exchanges. Like coinpayments.net .

(3) Specific demographics: Older or less tech savvy people. Make it simple to use so anyone can use it.

I'm sure there are more USP's but those came off the hip. .Best of luck to you.

bitqistchris

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2018, 12:20:10 PM

It is certainly not easy to start a cryptocurrency exchange. We, at bitqist (https://bitqist.com), especially underestimated how certain organizations oppose against cryptocurrency-related companies. For instance, it is very challenging to open a bank account at a reputable bank as a cryptocurrency-related company.
cryptomainframe

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 05:24:20 AM

Crypto Mainframe currently provides users with a source for credible crypto news, ICOs, and live prices. Users of our platform will benefit from a dynamic exchange aggregation system, which consolidates the prices of major currencies from over 150 crypto-currency exchanges worldwide!

So currently crypto mainframe is a news site which pulls news from 5 different news sites and post related contents to site while reposting to socials.  Also a integrated coin market cap with and coin to exchange aggregation system.  Also allow the ability to buy Crypto direct from site using Challengly.

I am currently working on an open source exchange which will follow the Binance model for coin and discount.  The exchange will also host a mining pool for all mineable coins offering high discounts for own coins in exchange for mined coins.

Currently looking for partners as i am working on building the Crypto Mainframe Decentralised Team   

Crypto Mainframe will soon be launching it's own crypto-currency exchange with enhanced features, focused on delivering a reliable and secure 'decentralised'​ trading platform.   ....look out for the White Paper for Crypto Mainframe Exchange.

https://t.me/Crypto_Mainframe

https://www.cryptomainframe.co.uk
https://twitter.com/CryptoMainframe
https://www.linkedin.com/company/cryptomainframe/

Feel free to PM in for any more information or any advice regarding Crypto
digitalcoins

Activity: 248
Merit: 12

Voronkov Ventures accelerator of pre-seed projects

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 05:10:08 PM

You will need a lot of money upon starting an exchange. You will need a huge budget for security which you will also need some professionals to employ for its hardening. Partnering up with reputable people who have done it before should be able to help you. I once plan to have my own too. Have you tried checking an exchange script?

We also want to start crypto exchange.
Maybe we can list of people with different exchanges?
Overall, I am pissed off by exchanges with difficult listings.
We want to make exchange with free listing for all the projects.
Free entrance for raising capital.

Is there a list anywhere of exchanges with free listing?

Looking for team members for various startups
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 04:07:11 AM

You will need a lot of money upon starting an exchange. You will need a huge budget for security which you will also need some professionals to employ for its hardening. Partnering up with reputable people who have done it before should be able to help you. I once plan to have my own too. Have you tried checking an exchange script?

Of there are crypto exchanges site that offer free listing but your project to have a huge community support first before you can apply for such exchange listing and the best way for you to get huge community support is by hosting an airdrop campaign. However, I believe exchange like Nexybit and crex24 does that you can contact their representatives on here.

glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:15:05 AM

Anyone who can help with good information on how to start a bitcoin/altcoin exchange.

biggest thing I would like to know is where to source for bitcoins, or is there a way we can be affiliates with bitcoin.org so when users on our platform buy bitcoins we are provided with bitcoins from any other source or bitcoin.org is this possible.

Thanks for your help.

I can advise regarding the requirements from a legal perspective as we have setup a handful of exchanges. This includes obtaining money transmission or securities licenses. I wont bore you with the details here, but feel free to pm me

Their would be requirement of licenses as per each country rule or their government polices. Firstly may be a regulator nod would also require if your country still has not given a green signal of legally accepting the crypto currencies. Then yes you would require the best of the security so that no lapses occur and your wallet's get hacked.
Lumen111

Activity: 504
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:57:34 AM

Exchange https://freetrade.finance have a free listing of coins

1.Service for the distribution of airdrop and bounty
2.Holding trade contests for your token
3.API link for Coinmarketcap or other aggregators
4.Payment service for ICO
5.Investor's office (create and sale of tokens and conduct ICO).
6.API keys for the operation of the trading bot

https://freetrade.finance
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: