Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:21:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China vs BTC?  (Read 2057 times)
TK14

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:48:36 PM

I think china was just banning exchanges and ICOs, not bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:49:19 PM

Just because they started to ban the ICO doesn't mean that it will ban bitcoin or any other currency.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:08:27 PM

Well chinese government seems to want control over anything and bitcoin probably unnerves some high officials because it's decentralized. I think eventually china will focus on taking advantage of this revolution instead of entirely banning it

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:31:54 PM

There are news on the internet and you can google it if you want a specific information about it. But for giving you a short info, China is not trying to ban bitcoin. It is not literally they are banning bitcoin but it's like the message they want to send to the crypto people there is they want to regulate the transactions of bitcoin and other alt coins, so they banned exchanges and ICO's.

I hope that the domestic exchange and ICO ban is all that will happen. There have even been suggestions that these bans are temporary, and that the government will institute a licensing regime for them.

However, there is some scary FUD floating around that would be much worse:

(Unverified) report that China is trying to block bitcoin exchanges and p2p network in China by GFW @cnLedger
https://twitter.com/btcdrak/status/908998917995552776

They can't really block access to the Bitcoin network anymore than they can block access to Google. That is to say, average citizens can probably circumvent it. But if true, this could provide another major round of FUD that could rock the markets.

I have read those articles that you mentioned about the ban is just a temporary thing. China seems to block and ban p2p trade / network, what are they really want to tell us? There is also a tweet from viabtc and they are worrying about "what If" mining will be banned in China.

Yeah, Haipo Yang has been laying on the FUD very thick ever since the rumors emerged. I wonder why. By all appearances, ViaBTC has always been a proxy for Bitmain, and Bitmain holds a lot of BTC (and are heavily invested in its future). I don't see how him going around tweeting "if China gov say mining is illegal, we are fucked" helps their cause. Jihan Wu, in comparison, has not shown the same level of worry.

It would not be surprising if China blocked the P2P network within the country's Great Firewall. It wouldn't be effective at restricting use, but it would discourage average citizens from using it and thus using BTC for capital flight.

But given BTC's trajectory on the world stage and China's dominance in mining, the government prohibiting mining would be shooting themselves in the foot.
Tashi

Activity: 391

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:49:26 PM

Can someone explain to me why china is trying to ban bitcoin.?

Thanks for your replies. Smiley
China didn't banned bitcoins dude. It is just that the ICOs. Because they are referring that all ICOS are all scam. And I heard news that they will create their "new" bitcoin. I forgot the name but probably that coin would be the only token Chinese people will buy and it will grow strong because many investors will invest on that token.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
dongosquad

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:50:04 PM

from the news I read, china wants to protect his people from irresponsible ico-ico or scam.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:56:54 PM

from the news I read, china wants to protect his people from irresponsible ico-ico or scam.
That's an action a lot people here wouldn't mind if it was followed up by a lot other countries, but the main point of the recent load of China news has to do with the fact that it won't be allowed to do yuan versus crypto trading.

If you look closely at the statements from exchanges that are subject to these regulations, it only affects their Chinese activities, and not the rest ~ that's something people seem to forget, or not understand.

It may turn out that prohibiting yuan trading is just a first step where later all crypto trading will be affected, but as it is right now, this entire situation has resulted in too much exaggeration, which has severely affected the sentiment.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
aanbudi

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:23:03 AM

China only bans ICO. They do not bit Bitcoin and just assume Bitcoin transactions are illegal activities. And they ban ICO for a reason. And I hope China is not like JP Morgan.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:41:36 PM

Thanks for your replies. Smiley
Bitcoins are the virtual currency and cant be banned. China is banning the ICO and not the bitcoins actually. Even if they are banned, they can be used by every citizen of china even after banning them. I dont think china will take the decision to bann bitcoins as they can be hardly banned. Each time we have seen china taking its own unique decisions. I dont actually know the main reason behind banning ICO. There will be no difference even after abnning ICO. Perhaps china i8s banning ICO because some ICo didnt launched even aft6er taking the money.
cliffhanger35

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:04:21 PM

China is not banning bitcoin.

Wrong.  China is banning Bitcoin.  They are launching a full war on Bitcoin.  Stopping the ICOs and closing the exchanges is in effect 'banning Bitcoin'.  
They are now banning all 2P2 transactions and also, possibly, the mining operations (this is unofficial atm though) so that REALLY sounds like a very direct war on BTC.
androidpobeditel

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:19:24 PM

Very much I doubt that China has something against bitcoin. Given the fact that China is the leader in bitcoin mining, all this statement against bitcoin is nonsense. Most likely they just manipulate the market, in order for big players to enter it at a lower price.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:21:40 PM

Very much I doubt that China has something against bitcoin. Given the fact that China is the leader in bitcoin mining, all this statement against bitcoin is nonsense. Most likely they just manipulate the market, in order for big players to enter it at a lower price.
you are absolutely right and my opinion is the same. The main thing was to create such a situation and to dismiss Bitcoin and now the most important thing for them is with buying as much Bitcoin coins as possible. Bitcoin will still go up in its price in the near future and then China will benefit from these manipulations.
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:30:24 PM

Again i am seeing one more comfort zone  question please do some research or atleast understand whats happening china is trying to close illegal activities using bitcoin and in the name of ICO there is lots of scam happening everything they are regulating.
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:53:54 PM

It was reported in the news that ico's was banned in japan because bitcoins are used to buy drugs but i do not believe it, Today bitcoins value is decreasing because of the incident. Then in the news next days they reported that it will be legalize again so i think the value of bitcoins will rise again eventually.
Yes the price for bitcoin may again go up because of the news. And yes it was true that bitcoins are been used to purchase or sell all the illegal activities like drugs, weapons, etc.

There is a another anonymous community known as deep web and it supplies all the illegal commodities like drugs, weapons, Hitman services, etc in exchange of bitcoins and perhaps that is the major drawback about bitcoins. Bitcoins are completely anonymous and it influences such peoples to use them. It should be stopped as soon as possible because it is spoiling life of many peoples and also it is creating a negative image of bitcoins in front of new peoples.

degaga15

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:34:51 PM

I think China really wants to dominate or replace the dollar as a tool of world transactions, China wants his currency the same or can replace the dollar, but China saw the development of bitcoin more rapidly than he imagined, for fear of competing therefore China withdrew from bitcoin world . that's my personal opinion.
bitKaBoom

Activity: 166

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:42:46 PM

So far China has banned ICOs that is initial coin offering. China has not ban bitcoin even if that is the plan the decentralized nature of btc makes it highly impossible to ban. Remember its a virtual commodity
It is China and everything is possible. Police in this country has a lot of power.
romani245

Activity: 267
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:43:08 PM

China is not banning bitcoin.

Wrong.  China is banning Bitcoin.  They are launching a full war on Bitcoin.  Stopping the ICOs and closing the exchanges is in effect 'banning Bitcoin'.  
They are now banning all 2P2 transactions and also, possibly, the mining operations (this is unofficial atm though) so that REALLY sounds like a very direct war on BTC.

Still only rumors, but I'll admit, it's got me worried. For now, it's just a photo of a piece of paper and some rumors on 8BTC... not cause for panic selling just yet.

With the ICO ban and the exchange ban, Caixin media reported the leaked reports a couple days before they dropped. So if they do the same with the P2P network or mining ban, I suppose we know what to expect from the markets. Could the Chinese government really be that panicked over BTC?! Shocked
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:01:03 PM

There are news on the internet and you can google it if you want a specific information about it. But for giving you a short info, China is not trying to ban bitcoin. It is not literally they are banning bitcoin but it's like the message they want to send to the crypto people there is they want to regulate the transactions of bitcoin and other alt coins, so they banned exchanges and ICO's.

I hope that the domestic exchange and ICO ban is all that will happen. There have even been suggestions that these bans are temporary, and that the government will institute a licensing regime for them.

(Unverified) report that China is trying to block bitcoin exchanges and p2p network in China by GFW @cnLedger

They can't really block access to the Bitcoin network anymore than they can block access to Google. That is to say, average citizens can probably circumvent it. But if true, this could provide another major round of FUD that could rock the markets.

I have read those articles that you mentioned about the ban is just a temporary thing. China seems to block and ban p2p trade / network, what are they really want to tell us? There is also a tweet from viabtc and they are worrying about "what If" mining will be banned in China.

Yeah, Haipo Yang has been laying on the FUD very thick ever since the rumors emerged. I wonder why. By all appearances, ViaBTC has always been a proxy for Bitmain, and Bitmain holds a lot of BTC (and are heavily invested in its future). I don't see how him going around tweeting "if China gov say mining is illegal, we are fucked" helps their cause. Jihan Wu, in comparison, has not shown the same level of worry.

It would not be surprising if China blocked the P2P network within the country's Great Firewall. It wouldn't be effective at restricting use, but it would discourage average citizens from using it and thus using BTC for capital flight.

But given BTC's trajectory on the world stage and China's dominance in mining, the government prohibiting mining would be shooting themselves in the foot.

These shills wanted to manipulate the market, I don't know if they are having a secret discussion together with the Chinese gov't authorities for their problems or with Dimon or anyone that is happy with what's happening on China. And there is a news that China started to block p2p network these country really wants to discourage it's people from supporting bitcoin.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:33:30 PM

These shills wanted to manipulate the market, I don't know if they are having a secret discussion together with the Chinese gov't authorities for their problems or with Dimon or anyone that is happy with what's happening on China. And there is a news that China started to block p2p network these country really wants to discourage it's people from supporting bitcoin.

For me its very simple. They saw that bitcoin could be a threat to them financially that's why they have to get rid of it. Their people love bitcoin, unfortunately, their government hates it, So who gonna suffer from all of this? its all the bitcoin enthusiast from China. But they can't really stop bitcoin now and other nation can also take over from them. Its just that so pity that traders/investors from China are taking all the heat and can't do anything about it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:55:53 PM

So far China has banned ICOs that is initial coin offering. China has not ban bitcoin even if that is the plan the decentralized nature of btc makes it highly impossible to ban. Remember its a virtual commodity
It is China and everything is possible. Police in this country has a lot of power.
Maybe we should read more about the news of China. As far from what I understand China does not banning bitcoin it is for the ICO's rules and regulations to stop those scams project. Maybe these is a threat about the cryptocurrency to choose what is the legits ones. But they cannot stop bitcoin as this has become more adoption globally.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: