Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:12:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of using Slack in ICO campaigns!  (Read 1298 times)
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:33:26 AM

I agree to beware of Slack, because I have joined some Slack channels for ICOs, and get a lot of phishing and scam messages. So this isn't a problem with the coin, it's a problem with people exploiting Slack.
Just always be wary in general I think. A lot of this fake Slack stuff preys on fear, so don't do anything in a panic ever.

e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:24:58 AM

Good to see some negative sentiment building for the usage of Slack in the crypto world. Slack is great for some things, like Internal team communication of a larger company, but I don't know how it got so popular for cryptocurrency. Channels can become a nightmare to sort through, and the lack of tying things to a phone number makes mass creation of accounts even easier. Decided to not get a company Slack early on, because the moderation appeared like too much of a nightmare.
Same troubles on Bitcointalk, Newbie Spam and such. However phone numbers are so old fashioned surveillance state, aren't they? I am not interested in any channels that require a cellphone to enter. And my smartphone from china got bugged by its manufactoring company even before packaging.

People who invested livetime in their accounts are legit. Maybe there could be a currency for that. A forum coin?
In a way there had been crypto projects focusing on attention economy, currently up&running: Steem.
Seems Slack got an edge above Steem in the ways of beeing dirt cheap, so people flocked to that.
fedoralite

Activity: 548
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:58:28 AM

We should avoid slack if we are new to crypto's since there are so many phising,exploits and everything out there and I'm totally annoyed to used that app since there so many Phising act pops up on my header and its so disturbing that's why I uninstalled my slack app and use telegram as my alternative.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:03:34 AM

Daily there are many people sending fake emails through the slack channel and mostly ICO campaign. Sometimes we are getting after the ICO because there are many bounty people will be staying there so to steal the coins and as well as ETH also.

Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:41:00 PM

Daily there are many people sending fake emails through the slack channel and mostly ICO campaign. Sometimes we are getting after the ICO because there are many bounty people will be staying there so to steal the coins and as well as ETH also.

I had a bad experience with such slack physhing link, so since that time I just delete all slack e-mails without opening.
Most of new ICOs don't even use slack now.

zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:39:58 PM

I've got several messages about myetherwallet, some problem with it i don't know, and link which was in message was phishing link.
You should be very careful with slack and always double check links.
nikolaich

Activity: 224
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:08:49 PM

We faced a problem with our Lordmancer II Slack channel. There were many scam messages every day: in private, in general channels, etc. We constantly banned those spammers, but they just registered once again (even the names were the same!). Also each day we saw new members with names like "CEO", "cofounder", etc.

Finally we dicided to close the Slack channel. Now we use Telegram group https://t.me/lm2ico as a main communication channel.

I strongly recommend not to use Slack for ICO campaigns!

I think you can use Slack for teammates or for people outside of the team but strictly with invitations.

A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:50:27 PM

Slack is really bad now.
Almost all ICO now moving to telegram. And it is great!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: