Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:44:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicehash - why the low Rate?  (Read 752 times)
Convington (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:38:33 AM

So - I have Nicehash running on 2 PC's...

1 - Core i7, 1 1060 GPU.  Nearly always shows about $1.10 - $1.25 / day (in the the estimate).  This is using version 2 since it is a NVidia card

2 - Pentium G4400, 5 580 RX Nitro (with GPU Mod).  Using the legacy Nicehash - it nearly always shows between $0.00 and $0.09 on the CPU and between $0.00 and $0.10 / day (but usually $0).  And I see a lot of 0.00 Mh/s in the ethDcrMiner64 when it is running.  Additionally, when I look at the EthDcrMiner64 that it is running, I always see 0.000 Mh/s on the GPU's.  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I don't see how I could be doing anything wrong since I can run the Claymore dual miner myself (had been running that previously to Nicehash) and I hash at around a total of 126 Mh/s between all the cards.

Convington (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:51:03 AM

Here is Nicehash with 1 GPU + CPU enabled:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qm8oocy17s56ttp/Nicehash-1Card.png?dl=0

Here it is with all 5 enabled:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1h42w5lx2ga9h2/Nicehash-5Card.png?dl=0

Confused. Sad
hagbase

Activity: 433
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:54:52 AM

Same problems if using claymore stand alone?
Pagefile/Virtual Mem is a least 16 GB?
Convington (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:58:35 AM

No, Claymore standalone runs at 126 GH/s.  I have the Virtual memory set to 3G/16G.

Seems like Nicehash also just keeps opening new EthDcrMiner64 windows (and then shutting down the previous after a few seconds).  Not sure if that is normal as it doesn't do that on my other PC at all (of course that is the 2.0 miner, for NVidia not the legacy)
Convington (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:05:41 PM

I figured it out. Stupid me....

With CPU mining on this processor, there isn't enough processing power to run the dual miner.  Once I shut that off and restarted, it is now working just fine.  Not a fantastic rate of return at about $8.05 USD / day, but not terrible I suppose.  I will let it run, benchmark, see how I do for a day and then run the dual miner only for ETH and see if I do better that way.

Unless someone else has a better method?
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:33:43 PM

I observed also a drop in earnings since the previous days. I am also using gtx nvidia card and using the Nicehash v2. I do not know whats the reasons behind but I do believe  it will recover soon. Sometime I got 0 hash too.
slate_main

Activity: 105
Merit: 11

BYTZ

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:46:26 PM

For me, NiceHash miner has never ran as fast as 'dedicated' cmd line mining software for some reason, maybe due to the mass usage / adoption, it needs to be compatible with every system so loses some performance.
Convington (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:42:37 PM

So far, mining straight ETH is proving about $4/day better than what nicehash is showing me.  However, I haven't tested long enough to validate that - only done some simple calculations over about a 3 hour period.
yerfei

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:32:13 PM

I figured it out. Stupid me....

With CPU mining on this processor, there isn't enough processing power to run the dual miner.  Once I shut that off and restarted, it is now working just fine.  Not a fantastic rate of return at about $8.05 USD / day, but not terrible I suppose.  I will let it run, benchmark, see how I do for a day and then run the dual miner only for ETH and see if I do better that way.

Unless someone else has a better method?

You can try Winminer
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2004875.0
Convington (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:51:57 PM

I will give that a try also.  And, my calculation was off... so, dual mining is averaging $6.09/day ($2 less than nicehash).
Convington (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:38:04 PM

so if I compare, it looks like this:

Nicehash - typically around $8.00 / day
WinMiner - typically around $6.25 / day
Claymore dual ETH - typically around $6.00 / day

I'm not really sure why Wink  I'm new to all this.  Just how it shakes out.  Obviously NH and WM are from their interfaces where you can see the /day amounts.  Claymore I had to calculate based upon the hours I ran it.  Of course I haven't spend more than a few hours on each one - so could end up more than that if I kept running.  Or less.
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:51:24 AM

so if I compare, it looks like this:

Nicehash - typically around $8.00 / day
WinMiner - typically around $6.25 / day
Claymore dual ETH - typically around $6.00 / day

I'm not really sure why Wink  I'm new to all this.  Just how it shakes out.  Obviously NH and WM are from their interfaces where you can see the /day amounts.  Claymore I had to calculate based upon the hours I ran it.  Of course I haven't spend more than a few hours on each one - so could end up more than that if I kept running.  Or less.

Running for a few hours inst representative enough.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: