Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:19:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pricing over 4K ,thinking about buying  (Read 2578 times)
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:56:44 AM

You just found out the hard way that people in crypto can be absolute snakes. Same is true on this forum.

As to your question: Don't buy at $4200.  You can find a better deal if you're patient, and you absolutely should be patient.  Don't be a panic buyer, else you'll regret it.  Sign up on an exchange if you're able to and buy it that way. Or check the currency exchange section here. You're a noob but you might find someone willing to deal with you.

I also recommend using an exchange if you can--obviously use a reputable one.  You'll probably get a better price.  And while this hopefully will never happen, if for some reason you should need to get out of your position quickly, you'll have the ability to do that.  It's always good to have options and be prepared for anything that might go wrong.
dllhg (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:23:24 AM

Well the guy I was buying from had 10 BTC at 4100 per coin. Price at point of transaction was at 3950. I went for it and bought and even 2 coins ! Grin    I feel his 4% fee is reasonable. Most other sellers are marking up 7-10% some even higher. He told me of one user selling them for 40% over market !!  User had good rating and lots of transactions too.    Crazy IMO.
I am in it for the long haul.If it gets down to 1K I wont be happy but I will hold strong with a firm belief in what this currency will do.  If it goes below 1K I will be especially unhappy but will still hold.  I will sink with the ship on this bet.  I have totally obsessed on the whole crypto currency for quite a while now.  I think I spent 10 hours on computer yesterday alone  Shocked

What I found especially interesting is that he said more and more people that are buying from him are completely unfamiliar with the tech behind it.  To me that is a huge indication that a lot more people are adopting BTC as the future.  To me that means wide spread adoption is underway which of course means much higher prices.   

As for alt currencies I have mainly invested only in ones that have a real company and have a track record.  I threw the dice at a few cheap ones as well. I believe my list has about 25 alt coins I am interested in after researching all the top picks I could find. I got 16K coins of Doge for like $12,  why not ?   Many had dropped 50-75% so I am hoping I bought  near the bottom.  Only $500 total in alt coins right now.  I am up about $40 since I bought all my picks a few days ago.  Well aware I could lose it all.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:08:39 AM

Perhaps there will be marginally better times to buy in the near future but is it worth risking saving a few hundred bucks when on the flip side bitcoin could potentially push through 5k and to an all time high?
Probably not. If the uptrend continues(which probably will) soon we will see $5k and gradually and floor of $5k like we more or less saw a floor of $3k last week that was probably the best time to buy. But now is also a good time to buy as soon $4k will be left long behind like $1000.
You should buy when it dips, last week it was in dip . Many took that opportunity to buy more. Maybe wait a little longer or buy now. It can increase anytime soon.

Buying or not buying at the moment, I think that is a question what the personal strategy for the investment is.
When somebody expects bitcoin to go to 100K in a few years, it really does not matter a lot if he buys at 3K or 5K.
If somebody trades frequently, he uses the small ups and downs of a few percent. To him the buy price does not matter much either, because he will soon sell again after the price has raised a bit.
The only group that should really take a close look at the buy price are those who want to hold it for just a few months.
In that time period the price can go down and might not have recovered at the point where the selling is planned.

It's me!!!
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:18:07 AM

If it gets down to 1K I wont be happy but I will hold strong with a firm belief in what this currency will do.  If it goes below 1K I will be especially unhappy but will still hold.  I will sink with the ship on this bet.

Being firm with your goal to hold your coins for the long term is a great thing, but you should always have fiat aside that you can use to buy with in case the price tanks far below the $2000 level. I never see a dump as something negative, because at the end of the day, it's a great opportunity to increase your holdings at lower levels, plus you can lower your average buying price this way. Glady for you, this 'ship' will not sink, but keep rushing further throughout the years. Bitcoin is a way to beat the governmental and banking system, allows people to enjoy financial freedom, functions as store value, 24/7 global remittance tool, etc - even the average joe's will at some point understand this.
btcney

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:21:05 AM

Go against the market sentiment. Price is likely going to correct at least a little bit for rising so much in the past day or so. Right now it's at just under $4000 and i wouldn't be surprised that we see a dip down to $3700 or less first.

Buy the dips, not the highs.

I mean you could buy now but not only will you get potentially less profit you could also go into the negatives real fast if people panic dump like last time China came out with the news of banning exchanges.
jorneyflair

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:08:52 AM

A bit frustrated.  I have been following this whole crypto frenzy for a few months now. Told a lot of friend and family about it and sent them countless articles.  I sat back and watched it drop quickly to under 3K thinking it would continue to drop to maybe 2-2500. As it went back up  finally thought seriously about buying a coin or two and finally get into this game.
I bought about $500 worth a few days ago just so I could buy an array of cheap alt coins I believe in. I had a deal to get some from someone on localbitcoins yesterday and it would have been 3600.  As the time approached he informed me he sold them all to a "whale" and id have to wait until today.  Cry  Now his price is 4200 ........

Should I just look at is a long term investment like gold and buy now ? Buy now and buy again if it dips ?   I keep reading all these articles full of opinions about it going to 100K +.   I would hate to look back at this junction in my life with deep regrets.  When I first heard about bitcoin it was dirt cheap and I thought it was a joke.  I didnt take the  time to inform myself and blew it off.  No big regrets.  This time I have done a ton of research frankly obsessing on the topic for the last week or so.

What say you ?

Thanks  

I would not suggest buying in right now. Even though i believe we are going to go on and possibly break $5k, i think that there will be cheaper points in time for you to buy especially if you aren't going to plan on selling any time soon.

China is probably going to keep coming out with FUD and when they do, markets will panic. That's the perfect time for you to buy.

Never buy with emotions. I know that right now, everything is going up and you feel like buying, which is absolutely normal. But it is much more likely that we'll see a level at around $2500-3500 range which is a good $500-1500 lower per coin than the current price soon at which point you can accumulate for the long term.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:22:04 AM

Go against the market sentiment. Price is likely going to correct at least a little bit for rising so much in the past day or so. Right now it's at just under $4000 and i wouldn't be surprised that we see a dip down to $3700 or less first.

I mean you could buy now but not only will you get potentially less profit you could also go into the negatives real fast if people panic dump like last time China came out with the news of banning exchanges.
its very a risky moves when buying without any knowledge regarding to what will happen in the following days, bitcoin shows another downfall and
we are ain't sure if how what's the dip and where we will going to place our entry better to keep analyzing and study the market before investing
again.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:30:30 AM

A bit frustrated.  I have been following this whole crypto frenzy for a few months now. Told a lot of friend and family about it and sent them countless articles.  I sat back and watched it drop quickly to under 3K thinking it would continue to drop to maybe 2-2500. As it went back up  finally thought seriously about buying a coin or two and finally get into this game.
I bought about $500 worth a few days ago just so I could buy an array of cheap alt coins I believe in. I had a deal to get some from someone on localbitcoins yesterday and it would have been 3600.  As the time approached he informed me he sold them all to a "whale" and id have to wait until today.  Cry  Now his price is 4200 ........

Should I just look at is a long term investment like gold and buy now ? Buy now and buy again if it dips ?   I keep reading all these articles full of opinions about it going to 100K +.   I would hate to look back at this junction in my life with deep regrets.  When I first heard about bitcoin it was dirt cheap and I thought it was a joke.  I didnt take the  time to inform myself and blew it off.  No big regrets.  This time I have done a ton of research frankly obsessing on the topic for the last week or so.

What say you ?

Thanks  

Don't trade with your emotions. However i do feel like rightn ow is a good buying spot if you want to accumulate for the short run. The price should easily break $5000 in a few days/weeks without any issues, as the Chinese FUD has settled down.

But if you want to buy long term i wouldn't suggest buying all now. It could end up to be a profit-killer.

Split your money up into like 100 portions. Buy 1 portion every single day for 100 days. I have a feeling that after this current bull run we may experinece some major corrections/pullbacks that drive us to sub-$3000 which makes an excellent buying opportunity.

Thedrop82

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:34:58 AM

What say you ?

Thanks  

I would not suggest buying in right now. Even though i believe we are going to go on and possibly break $5k, i think that there will be cheaper points in time for you to buy especially if you aren't going to plan on selling any time soon.

China is probably going to keep coming out with FUD and when they do, markets will panic. That's the perfect time for you to buy.

Never buy with emotions. I know that right now, everything is going up and you feel like buying, which is absolutely normal. But it is much more likely that we'll see a level at around $2500-3500 range which is a good $500-1500 lower per coin than the current price soon at which point you can accumulate for the long term.

Good advice. Wait for some Fud or selloffs, plenty to come this September.
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:41:02 PM

its very a risky moves when buying without any knowledge regarding to what will happen in the following days, bitcoin shows another downfall and
we are ain't sure if how what's the dip and where we will going to place our entry better to keep analyzing and study the market before investing
again.
Maybe, we are staying in new cycle, even a bearish trend might be started and now just is bull trap or recovery of the price of Bitcoin after dumped to bottom price of the cycle $5,000. I think we should be waiting more time to keep safe our profit and funds.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:52:18 PM

Should I just look at is a long term investment like gold and buy now ?

the price is oscillating and can fall to 3800 or 3600 or can rise to 4300 and remain in that zone until some great news arises

you should also see that at the end of the year there is not much volatility, the price does not rise too much and in November there is another big problem that will affect the price of bitcoin, probably the price will fall as many alts will fall, so save your money to buy in November

Buy now and buy again if it dips ?

I already answered that question and hopefully it might be of some help

If you're looking for long term investment, just buy bitcoin whenever dips happen, but $4000 still convenience entry point.
But, why through localbitcoins? there are a lot of exchanges which offers cheaper price compare to localbitcoins, depend on where you live? unless, there is no any local exchange in your country.
There are good news about bitcoin acceptance as alternative payment method such as https://news.bitcoin.com/south-africas-second-largest-supermarket-chain-pick-n-pay-trials-bitcoin-payments/ and
https://news.bitcoin.com/aliant-payment-systems-partners-with-bitpay-to-enable-bitcoin-transactions/
No matter what, bitcoin price will increase over time, even though there are some uncertain news about it.
albertvert

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:25:16 PM

again.
Maybe, we are staying in new cycle, even a bearish trend might be started and now just is bull trap or recovery of the price of Bitcoin after dumped to bottom price of the cycle $5,000. I think we should be waiting more time to keep safe our profit and funds.

Bitcoin is the best one to inverse. Many are waiting for bitcoin to increase the value of 5000$.But now again the bitcoin is get pack to  the value of 4000$.This reflect the further raise of bitcoin price in Chennai. But last week the the reduce below 4000$.Now it's Back to the value of 4000$.The price will further increase.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:01:31 PM

again.

Bitcoin is the best one to inverse. Many are waiting for bitcoin to increase the value of 5000$.But now again the bitcoin is get pack to  the value of 4000$.This reflect the further raise of bitcoin price in Chennai. But last week the the reduce below 4000$.Now it's Back to the value of 4000$.The price will further increase.
No its not really getting back as i can see there is a big drop happen from the past few minutes just like what happen from the past few hours or yesterday i think there are still someone are selling bitcoin that i think maybe this is a bull trap..
Hope those who are seller are only those who are late in the news about china issue..
For now better to wait for the price become stable again before we can take an action .
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:23:14 AM

I am in it for the long haul.If it gets down to 1K I wont be happy but I will hold strong with a firm belief in what this currency will do.  If it goes below 1K I will be especially unhappy but will still hold.

Sounds like you have your plan.  I wish you the best in staying your course.  Hopefully we won't go much lower.

What I found especially interesting is that he said more and more people that are buying from him are completely unfamiliar with the tech behind it.  To me that is a huge indication that a lot more people are adopting BTC as the future.  To me that means wide spread adoption is underway which of course means much higher prices.

This is indeed good to know.  It shows how many people are interested in trying to make some quick money.

As for alt currencies I have mainly invested only in ones that have a real company and have a track record.  I threw the dice at a few cheap ones as well. I believe my list has about 25 alt coins I am interested in after researching all the top picks I could find. I got 16K coins of Doge for like $12,  why not ?   Many had dropped 50-75% so I am hoping I bought  near the bottom.  Only $500 total in alt coins right now.  I am up about $40 since I bought all my picks a few days ago.  Well aware I could lose it all.

It sounds like you're doing your research, so that's good.  Looking for the ones that have good backing and have had their price beaten down is a good strategy--means they're running a good sale.  I also got some DOGE today as it's getting down to where it was before the big runup the last several months.
fedoralite

Activity: 548
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:53:12 AM

again.

The price of bitcoins is playing but it touches down at 4000$ this morning and go stable for the rate of 3960$ and this is a good sign since we have a strong hold that bitcoins will recover again and maybe will get back to 5000$ soon and lets hold and accumulate more from now so that we can earn more money if rise will came again.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:58:01 AM

again.

Bitcoin is the best one to inverse. Many are waiting for bitcoin to increase the value of 5000$.But now again the bitcoin is get pack to  the value of 4000$.This reflect the further raise of bitcoin price in Chennai. But last week the the reduce below 4000$.Now it's Back to the value of 4000$.The price will further increase.

The price of bitcoins is playing but it touches down at 4000$ this morning and go stable for the rate of 3960$ and this is a good sign since we have a strong hold that bitcoins will recover again and maybe will get back to 5000$ soon and lets hold and accumulate more from now so that we can earn more money if rise will came again.
Each and every value of bitcoin is considered to be an barrier and to cross the barrier the entire network support is a must. So recently the issue from China made a downfall in the value, but it started to retain in a short. Same is the requirement, because when the support increases, automatically the growth happens with it. So buy when the price falls, believing that it grows or pumps high.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Jating

Activity: 2968
Merit: 822

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:30:48 AM

I think the OP has already missed a good buying point at $2800. But for me $4000 is not a good entry because the price is too high. But then again, if you have funds ready and willing to be invested then definitely get some now. We have see the price could surge again in the coming months or years. So buy and hodl it for the long haul and get your rewards later with the price double in 2018-2020.
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:35:19 AM

I am in it for the long haul.If it gets down to 1K I wont be happy but I will hold strong with a firm belief in what this currency will do.  If it goes below 1K I will be especially unhappy but will still hold.  I will sink with the ship on this bet.
If we get to a point where price is several times what you bought it for, I would recommend selling at least enough to cover your initial investment.  That way, no matter what price does, you will be able to relax a lot more, knowing that you can't lose money, even if it goes to zero.  That can be very freeing, helping you keep your emotions in check during the times when price falls, and thus helping you to make rational decisions, as I mentioned in my first post.
Anfisman

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:49:00 AM

Indeed if we look at a few days ago bitcoin prices make everyone worried, even I was frustrated to see the bitcoin price charts that I continue to observe every day. I'm afraid that what happened in 2014 is back again today, but today I can breathe a sigh of relief, as the bitcoin price that was almost back in the $ 2900 range, now bitcoin trying to rise and has reached $ 3900, I hope this increase will continue until bitcoin prices can reach $ 4000 even more.

I see behind the bitcoin prices that dropped a few days ago, bitcoin actually offers us a great opportunity, where at that time people who buy bitcoin at a cheaper price have a big chance of getting big profits today, because the bitcoin price has started stable, even more expensive.
Lmaooo

Activity: 694
Merit: 108

santacoin.io

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:14:06 PM

I ave high hopes for a lot of the alt coins too.  Especially ETH and LTE. Everything I have read LTE works WAY faster than BTC. Might take years but  believe it will also seriously increase into the thousands.

I would be really careful with altcoins now. I consider a large part of them being actually still in a bubble. Especially, be careful with coins that were issued with an ICO ("initial coin offering"), including ETH. They often have a centralized development model, and many jurisdictions (like the US and China) do not like ICOs so they could have less demand in the future if these states decide to strictly regulate them, like China appears to be doing now. If investing in ICOs and "ICO coins", look at the good ones, those that have a company with experience behind it.

I think with "LTE" you mean Litecoin, or not? Litecoin is a solid altcoin but has not so much use its market cap could seem to indicate, so be careful here too.

Bitcoin could be still a good deal to buy it now if you are in for the long term, although I consider the current price a bit high (I expect a short term bear market in October/November, where prices could go under $3000 and even briefly may reach below-2000 prices).

I think right now is good time to buy Bitcoin before the price skyrocketed. Bitcoin is getting reading to shoot itself to the next level. Cool

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: