Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:34:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I made $3.2M in Cryprto since 2010. Here are my top picks for coins under $1.  (Read 14974 times)
hans133

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:49:34 AM

https://99bitcoins.com/price-chart-history/

Do the math. The guy states he started in 2010 and turned 50k  into 3.2M.

Bitcoin price at the end of 2010 was $0.25, these days around $4k. If you had invested $1000 in 2010 you would have at least $16 million today.

If you had taken 50k you would have 16*50= 800 million. So basically the guy lost $800 million (by underperforming the crypto market) and brags about it?!

**confused**
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:03:22 AM

Bitcoin price at the end of 2010 was $0.25, these days around $4k. If you had invested $1000 in 2010 you would have at least $16 million today.

If you had taken 50k you would have 16*50= 800 million. So basically the guy lost $800 million (by underperforming the crypto market) and brags about it?!

**confused**

If you bought stratis in september of last year for 1.000$, you would've been a millionaire if you'd sold in june. It's easy to talk about what could've been, but let's not forget that if this guy is telling the truth, he did become a millionaire by trading, and that's something we all want to achieve.

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
keziakusayang

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:04:06 AM

wow...you are great you can get that much money, congratulations, but remember it is not counted as profit if you are not selling it to fiat.

for next big things in 2018 i think those are :
1. Stash ( ICO next month )
2. Oren Platform ( Pre-sale untill 30 september )
3. Boscoin ( token net end of this month, main net 2018 )
4. exscudo test net 4 october main net Q1 2018
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:12:13 AM

**confused**
In reality, the vast majority of people would've cashed out very big amounts of their profits. Your argument makes no sense.
hans133

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:16:33 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2017, 10:31:13 AM by hans133

of course it makes sense. if you start with 50k many years ago you are not performing better than placing random bets(actually much worse). It does not suggest an ability to pick coins that would be better than throwing darts at symbols. Probably worse.

If if you had cashed out 95% you would still have $40 million. he made money because he got in so early not because he could predict coin movements.

If you want to replicate his performance you would likely underperfom a random buy and hold approach following his coin tips.

If you bought stratis in september of last year for 1.000$, you would've been a millionaire if you'd sold in june. It's easy to talk about what could've been, but let's not forget that if this guy is telling the truth, he did become a millionaire by trading, and that's something we all want to achieve.

yes he did indeed become a millionaire by trading, by losing what would have been a billion dollar fortune if simply held. He bought in early in what was a future billion dollars and managed to lose most of it along the way.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:40:05 AM

of course it makes sense. if you start with 50k many years ago you are not performing better than placing random bets(actually much worse). It does not suggest an ability to pick coins that would be better than throwing darts at symbols. Probably worse.

If if you had cashed out 95% you would still have $40 million. he made money because he got in so early not because he could predict coin movements.

If you want to replicate his performance you would likely underperfom a random buy and hold approach following his coin tips.

yes he did indeed become a millionaire by trading, by losing what would have been a billion dollar fortune if simply held. He bought in early in what was a future billion dollars and managed to lose most of it along the way.
It depends on when you cash out what amount, so no, it's not anywhere near as simple as you make it out to be. It would be lunacy to stay all in with Bitcoin for anyone who isn't already filthy rich. And anybody else would be best advised to take the bulk of the profits out to secure capital.

There is no "simply holding" assets that are as volatile as cryptos unless you literally have no use for the money or are a gambler.
hans133

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:44:26 AM

even if you had cashed out 99% you would have still $8 million. The point is most people starting in 2010 would have at least done that well with that investment.

People think they can become  millionaires too. Based on the stated performance everyone in crypto starting today would have to become a billionaire and you would underperform the market by 99% and become a millionaire by following his coin tips.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:45:59 AM

even if you had cashed out 99% you would have still $8 million. The point is most people starting in 2010 would have at least done that well with that investment.

People think they can become  millionaires too. Based on the stated performance everyone in crypto starting today would have to become a billionaire and you would underperform the market by 99% and become a millionaire by following his coin tips.
Can you read? It depends on how and when you cash out and go back in.
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:48:16 AM

True, still anyone who's been in the market for almost 8 years in bound to have a decent outlook in the current situation

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
Zakhal

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

I love crypto

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:57:22 AM

Nice post! I actually already own what you suggest to buy so all I can say is I agree with you. Didnt know about the burning of funfair though, thanks. Grin
Thal

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:57:32 AM

I made $3.2M in Cryprto since 2010.

Whoever is in Crypto from 2010 and earned under  $100 millions have tiny knowledge of Crypto economy.

It is strange that nobody answer this post!
Because it not usual post, you give some good coins and some good information.

His post is classic shilling of his portfolio. Half of coins are not worth pick it with a stick.

Totally agree with you, especially for the first part.

In Feb 2010, Theymos mined 5 blocks/day with his Pentium. Please note that back then, the block reward is 50 BTC. Roughly $1M/day by today price. And only by mining, with PENTIUM.

Do the math. The guy states he started in 2010 and turned 50k  into 3.2M.
I made $3.2M in Cryprto since 2010.

Agree With all of you, IMO i don't think this man is a millionnaire at all he is just shilling for his upcomming ICO. Althought Some good pick in  his post, a noob will be crazy to follow his pick, obviously this man is not a good trader/picker, since 2010 and ONLY 3.2 Millions ? lol, i discover crypto last year November before signup to this site later, i'm not at all a good traders i'm even a really bad one Smiley, But with this bullish Market and a minimal investment i already outperform this man. And i'm just buying and Holding simpler than that.

He invest 50K in crypto since 2010 !! and have now only 3.2 Millions ? lol Obviously you are really bad inn picking coin....
ngm-

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 11:52:28 AM

I will not follow the advises, I trust in my positions, but I liked the post ^^
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:24:15 PM

4. Ripple - Yes I said it. RIPPLE. There are several banks in talks with Ripple as we speak.  3 counties are going to be creating their own digital currency in 2018-2019 and (yet to be spoken about. THEY ALL ARE GOING OT USE RIPPLE) They have the potential for a 6 Trillion market cap. Boring. Yes.  True Altcoin, not really.  But hey - its gonna make you money.

Ugh. Ripple has been promising things forever and not delivering, It launched in 2013, when there were only about five other altcoins (litecoin, peercoin, namecoin, devcoin and ixcoin), and they STILL haven't managed to make much headway.

And that's because the banks have decided they don't need ripple, they can simply use the opensource bitcoin protocol to make their own internal blockchains to move money around.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
NRF

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:41:17 PM

4. Ripple - Yes I said it. RIPPLE. There are several banks in talks with Ripple as we speak.  3 counties are going to be creating their own digital currency in 2018-2019 and (yet to be spoken about. THEY ALL ARE GOING OT USE RIPPLE) They have the potential for a 6 Trillion market cap. Boring. Yes.  True Altcoin, not really.  But hey - its gonna make you money.

Ugh. Ripple has been promising things forever and not delivering, It launched in 2013, when there were only about five other altcoins (litecoin, peercoin, namecoin, devcoin and ixcoin), and they STILL haven't managed to make much headway.

And that's because the banks have decided they don't need ripple, they can simply use the opensource bitcoin protocol to make their own internal blockchains to move money around.
that is the way they r doing. SWIFT is testing their own blockchain. any we all known SWIFT is the biggest service in bank industry
Bruce Wayne (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:34:33 PM

Hey guys -

1st off, I will try to answer questions later.  I didn't realize this thread would blow up so much.

To the 80% of people that have said kind things, you are welcome.  Remember guys, I am not asking anyone for anything. Just sharing my opinions.  I love the crypto space and think there is a great opportunity out there for the vast majority.

If you disagree with my points, AWESOME!  Then please have the decency to explain your reasoning. 

This space is growing every day.  I am NOT telling you to BUY these coins.  I am only suggesting that I and my partners have a position in them and that you may want to check them out. 

Obviously Market Cap is the largest aggregator of a coins viability in terms of ROI, BUT the market, in general, is still a newborn. 

I don't know how this thing forum works, but if there is a way to subscribe to my threads, I am happy to go into more detail on some of my upcoming reviews. 

And hey, look I took $50K and made 3M in a 6.5 years.  YES I could have made $100M, BUT I never said I put $50k all in in 2010.  It was my total out-of-pocket investment. And there are lots of stories about guys that WOULD HAVE had WAY more than $3M, if they saw the future the same way I did. 

This thread isnt about me and my net worth.  I used the title to expose this to as wide of a range of people as possible.  If I help 1 person make a few bucks.  God bless.

TTYS

Join My Newsletter (Free) By Shooting Me A Message On Here With Your Email Address. 1st Newsletter Goes Out in December! Happy Trading.
Bruce Wayne (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:37:11 PM

THE TOP CYPYTOS UNDER $1 YOU NEED TO INVEST IN ARE (in not particular order)

How about Nimiq (NET)?

On the fence about NET.  Need to check it out more. 

Join My Newsletter (Free) By Shooting Me A Message On Here With Your Email Address. 1st Newsletter Goes Out in December! Happy Trading.
Bruce Wayne (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:38:53 PM

I'm gonna leave a mark here and see it again after a few months,i hope the coin you mentioned will be on the moon later
And it will be nice if you updated some detailed info about the coin you mentioned like events and such
AWESOME!

Keep in mind how new the crypto space is.  We, as a whole, need to think of long terms holds as over 3 years, not over 3 months.  Blockchain will take 2-5 years to reach mainstream adoption and the companies that are around then, will see huge value .

Bruce Wayne (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:41:09 PM

5. Monetha What a pump and dump jesus! I purchased my alt coins with them and I am in for the long run. Just not sure how long it will take. They took such a plunge its crazy. They got up to.42 cents and then the famous dump happend:(

Join the club.  But almost all ICOs go thru that.  Most people that bought into it are there for the quick ROI.  THere are 3 other players in this space right now, but I like Monetha team and, while they arent 1st movers, think they will be the "it" guys in 2 years.

I like it as a long term HODL

Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:41:50 PM

I'm gonna leave a mark here and see it again after a few months,i hope the coin you mentioned will be on the moon later
And it will be nice if you updated some detailed info about the coin you mentioned like events and such
AWESOME!

Keep in mind how new the crypto space is.  We, as a whole, need to think of long terms holds as over 3 years, not over 3 months.  Blockchain will take 2-5 years to reach mainstream adoption and the companies that are around then, will see huge value .

BTC was released roughly 8 years ago. How do you reconcile this with your claim that blockchains will take 2-5 years to go mainstream?
If that would be the case we would already be at mainstream adoption.

In my opinion we need to wait with mainstream adoption until 2nd layer solutions - like the Lightning network - will
prove to be technically viable. Another important part of getting ready for mainstream adoption is increasing
the simplicity of the user interfaces of the popular Bitcoin websites and wallets.
Bruce Wayne (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:44:15 PM

Neo.  4 digets coin in 2019.

I love NEO.  Coins with utility and value are all going to go up.  I keep preaching to people to think about 3 years not 3 months.  Once the China FUD subsides Sept 30th, I think we will see NEO take an upturn.  There are still lots of project being developed on the platform regardless of ICO issues.

NEO is a strong buy IMO

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: