Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:28:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitInstant might want to fix its about section  (Read 1357 times)
datz (OP)

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

"to survive, we must live and fly"

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:05:34 AM

References to liberty reserve in the about sections at the bottom of each page of BitInstant and on https://www.bitinstant.com/aboutus are not politically correct.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:20:47 AM

not politically correct.

The 00s called. They want their retarded pseudo-offendedness back.
datz (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:30:04 AM

not politically correct.

Not offense just concern for the company. Ties to liberty reserve do not look good and could prompt investigation of bitinstant for money laundering.

Coupled with public backlash and this story placing the Winklevii (investors in bitinstant) next to references of drugs and assassins, these associations could mean bad news for the beloved bitinstant politically, socially, and financially. The company's ability to go mainstream may suffer. It appears the media is placing bets on coinbase as the consumerization leader over bitinstant.

I am concerned for the health of bitinstant due to events and stories over the past week. It appears as if a sociopolitical force is pushing against the company and attempting to taint the brand. Public opinion is a dangerous thing.
greyhawk

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:41:54 AM

not politically correct.

Not offense just concern for the company. Ties to liberty reserve do not look good and could prompt investigation of bitinstant for money laundering.

I don't think changing these references will do any difference. ALL Bitcoin <-> USD interfaces have major ordinance incoming VerySoonNowTM. Anyone who thinks FinCEN will idly stand by while school kids and failed students set up "financial transaction services" in their garages and basements has another think coming.
oblongmeteor

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:05:06 AM

I don't think changing these references will do any difference. ALL Bitcoin <-> USD interfaces have major ordinance incoming VerySoonNowTM. Anyone who thinks FinCEN will idly stand by while school kids and failed students set up "financial transaction services" in their garages and basements has another think coming.

Never have truer words been said. The wheels of government turn slowly...but they do turn.
datz (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:02:19 PM

in a court room or a federal indictment a "ties to liberty reserve" clause/accusation could prove damaging and incriminating.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:17:22 PM

Hey thanks for pointing this out!  Fixed.  More importantly, we currently transitioning to our new site at new.bitinstant.com
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 03:11:05 AM

Hey thanks for pointing this out!  Fixed.  More importantly, we currently transitioning to our new site at new.bitinstant.com

I like the new website, way more professional than the existing one.
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:24:49 AM

Actually, I prefer the old layout and design over the new one.

But more importantly, URSAY, please explain this new insta-debit option I see. Whats that all about? Looks very interesting.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:51:25 PM

Actually, I prefer the old layout and design over the new one.

But more importantly, URSAY, please explain this new insta-debit option I see. Whats that all about? Looks very interesting.

The site is currently in beta so more details will be released on this option soon.  Thanks for your interest!  Smiley
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:09:20 PM

not politically correct.

Rubber dongs? Large? Black? With blinkenlichten?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
greyhawk

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:10:55 PM

not politically correct.

Rubber dongs? Large? Black? With blinkenlichten?

Your place or mine?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: