Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:31:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICOs scam?  (Read 5408 times)
Anonaneadone

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:47:44 PM

I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.
I have never incounter an ICO scam here but i think the ICO you have invested stated that they just collected that kind of millions value, it will not be scam.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram   facebook   TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
teddyelwyn

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:07:17 AM

Depends on which ico. all of it depends on your due diligence with research
what helps is asking the forum on their thoughts. I recently asked about unikoingold and heard really good feedback(ontop of my research) and threw in 20ETH because of this community
DoughPleighboi

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:13:28 AM

That entirely depends on the ICO..
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:30:35 AM

I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.
I do not know that which ICO you have joined as it depend on the ICOs that some are promising and some are shady. If you have invested in a promising ICO then you have to hold your tokens for a longer time as the price will increase when they will implement their project and if you have doubt on the ICO in which you have invested and their activities are shady then do not worry if you have bought at the early time in discount as when they will ad it to exchange then sell them at that time you will still earn a good profit.
Mallampue

Activity: 765
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:35:02 AM

not all ico is scam, it depends. many altcoins ico is successful and good project
so, be carefull to join in ico, its better to read whitepaper before joined.
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:10:38 AM

If you are looking to get into some ICO's:
1) Check out the site and the quality of the site. Does it look scamish? What the token is created for, timeline, team members and social proof.
2) Take a look at the white paper of a project. In the white paper, look for information like, prototypes, team members and the idea of the token. If the team does a good job at explaining the idea then you should have a understanding of what purpose the token was created for and why it is a great investment.
3) Watch the video on the site.
4) Research the CEO especially if they have social clout or a famous person on the team. It's best to find out what you can about the CEO as far as the background of the person and maybe even connections they have, especially if you like the idea. Check site's like Linkedin, Twitter and stuff like that for info about the CEO and maybe other crew members if you feel the need to dig further. Researching team credibility is important.
5) There is a site called picolo research that gives reviews on ICO's. They'll tell you if something is risky or not.

Hope you enjoyed the info!)

These are great pieces of advice before participating in any ICO. This is to make sure that your investment will not end up in the pockets of the developers who do not have any intention to pursue their project. But I have reservations now with unreliable sites that give reviews to ICOs. Some of them are actually paid to publish reviews of ICOs.
knowcrypto

Activity: 91

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 02:22:50 AM

That would depend on what ICO it is, some are cash grab scams, and others are legit coins.
All you can do is make sure the team is legit, and that they have past experience and proof of their concepts.

Otherwise I wouldn't invest a lot into an unknown ICO unless you trust it fully.

STOP SENDING LIKES; START SENDING MONEY
Social Send Platform
Social Send Website
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:42:34 AM

Well, not all ICOs are scams but there's alot of them. Read it's road map and white sheets. You just have to gather more information about that coin so could draw conclusions if it's legit or not. If the developer is trusted enough, then maybe the ICO too. There will aways be a golden needle hidden in a stack of hay, you just have to find it and when you do? Boom! you get rich.

But beware, sometimes even those coins that looks legit are scams too.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:14:41 AM

There were some ICO that accumulated huge amounts and then caused to move in scam and refrain to pay back investors.
But of course not all, most of the new ICO come up with absolute legal permits.
It is better to read whitepaper, look for developer's social media profiles before making investment.
PMmesexycoins

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:31:12 AM

That's a start, but nothing as good them having a working product and provable ongoing development. A good reason to justify the token is hard to come by.
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:24:10 AM

I believe that the total amount of money raised does not show that they have scammed or not. We must gather more information about Team, Purpose,...before invest.
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:46:42 AM

Try to do a research before joining an ICO. Check the team if they look legitimate and the purpose of their project. The legitimate ones would not fail you, I am currently in a campaign called electroneum, this is a legitimate ICO and I am looking forward in the success of this project. About 90% of ICOs are scam, so be careful.
SupremeGoose

Activity: 168

Patience and wisdom is a key

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 07:56:27 AM

Not all ICOs are scam, but the risks are high, very high. But if you do a deep research before the investments, your actually can earn. But I'm tired of all this ICOs.

lightstech

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:05:35 PM

Not all ICOs are scam, but the risks are high, very high. But if you do a deep research before the investments, your actually can earn. But I'm tired of all this ICOs.

Are there any ICOs going currently that you believe are good investments?
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:39:17 AM

There are sure scams out there. but remember to research and due diligent checks for our own safety. And sure there are promising ICOs that are good for investments.

Yes that's true! not all ICOs are legit and paying especially this year that has more ICOs and has more airdrops. For me it is hard to find out of which one are true and scam just make sure to research their background and team behind the project.
With the growing fame of digital currencies, people have started to earn money by wrong means. Not all the ICOs are scam but the number is increasing gradually because of the fact the investors of crypto coins have also increased.

In order to avoid scams, it is better to goose about it or check videos on YouTube. Ask on forums like this one and try to go with the famous ICOs only.
Onimushi (OP)

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:58:22 AM

Don't be tired bro. Someday or sometime we will hit the lucky pot out there bearing the next big cryptocurrencies in this time.

For all the guys who answered my question. Thank you guys! As a beginner I have learned so much.
Angelia46

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:26:46 AM

Most of the ICO projects are deceptive, but there are still a small number of ICO projects are high-quality projects, so the ICO market is still an opportunity

Franko30

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:01:50 PM

I choose ICO and check it as many times as I can, to be sure that it is really good project to invest. Now I have one good that will start in November - confideal.
jeniferqueen0409

Activity: 394

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:12:43 PM

Near 90% ICO create extremely strong incentives for the owners to exit without finishing their product or service. That is why people only hold Bitcoins.
joefdavid

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:19:56 PM

Not all are! Although be careful as there are some cons out there unfortunately. Research the team that are behind the white paper and see if they are credible. If the idea is solid then I would be contacting people involved to confirm my faith before investing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: