Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:08:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jamie Foxx tweets promoting crypto exchange ICO  (Read 901 times)
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:04:18 PM

It is effective way of promoting their ICOs. They are using celebrities which of course has a lot of followers and fans who are keep in touch whatever the celebrity do. This the way to attract people fast because it's not just a hundred but millions of people are watching them. In fact, Mayweather is promoting the an ICO which i think a successful one. The ICO is successful on it's crowdfunding which i think reach millions of dollarshttps://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6r6kyu/stox_ico_hit_1135k_ethereum25_million/. So i think hiring a personalities to promote an ICO is effective
CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:05:05 PM

He's only famous in USA. But if his reputation is expensive to him this ICO shouldn't be a scam. I think we need to watch the situation about it. Only later time we learn what it was. Is he really support this crypto or it is just a good marketing from USA. My opinion it just a scam with good marketing, but i hope to be wrong
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:20:54 PM

He's only famous in USA. But if his reputation is expensive to him this ICO shouldn't be a scam. I think we need to watch the situation about it. Only later time we learn what it was. Is he really support this crypto or it is just a good marketing from USA. My opinion it just a scam with good marketing, but i hope to be wrong

Using celebrities in promoting cryptocurrency maybe there one way of attracting other people.This depends on how jammie delibirate or explain cryptocurreny in a simple way.Just be positive about this and gudluck to him.
bigdogdan2

Activity: 252
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:43:44 PM

If celebrity help get the name of crypto in general out to more people then its a good thing.  more people who know about crypto means more people will invest in general helping the market. 

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:46:11 PM

How could you say that Jamie Foxx is famous only in the US,there are people elsewhere who watches movies  Tongue I am not a fan of celebrities advertising ICO because the last time Mayweather did so ,they did get a huge push as they achieved their target within twenty four hours but then after hitting the exchanges the price went down more than half the ICO price . Grin
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:54:59 PM

Only stupid fans would buy the coin from the ICO. Wait look at the hashtags, looks like a paid post. Even May Weather promotes the ICO of Centra. I hate paid Twitter ICO promotion by celebrities. But I believe it has a huge impact. I do not under estimate the power of a famous man to move market using his influence.

Academy Award winner Jamie Foxx has entered the cryptocurrency promotion fad. The celebrity in a Twitter post endorsed an upcoming ICO for Cobinhood - Zero Fee Cryptocurrency Exchange. That sale is currently underway, according to its website, netting about 17,840 ethers (worth approximately $5.1 million at press time) to date.

What do you think about another celebrity endorsing ICO?
Did you mean that gives huge impact to the developer's wallet?  Grin as far as i know that the developer must pay the celebrity with decent amount of the dollars. That just a kind to waste the money rather than using it to develop the platfrom.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
gbosah

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:56:47 PM

Celebrity entering into crypto is welcome,  cos they will in creating awareness and make the crypto world popular
a041912345

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:41:43 PM

This is a junk, just to misappropriate, they have a beautiful ad, the development team staff in the telegraph group, for the relevant questions do not want to answer, why the team's currency is not tied smart contract? Will only tell us to believe them, they will not sell, and the team staff is very arrogant, with those who have questioned the quarrel, there is no fee how to maintain the server with staff salaries? Rely on the listing of ICO? Good ICO own platform sold out, do not need to rely on the platform to sell ICO, if you do not want to lose your money, do not invest in this garbage, the company is also a temporary application in Taiwan, to run at any time to run, Taiwan has zero procedures Fee platform, that is, no one dare to use, bitstarex.com can go to see, not a zero fee, is a good platform, which is a garbage platform, when you do not know
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:57:42 PM

Grin
Academy Award winner Jamie Foxx has entered the cryptocurrency promotion fad. The celebrity in a Twitter post endorsed an upcoming ICO for Cobinhood - Zero Fee Cryptocurrency Exchange. That sale is currently underway, according to its website, netting about 17,840 ethers (worth approximately $5.1 million at press time) to date.

Again, another celebrity promoting an ICO. ICO has slowly become like a soap or a shampoo. Does anybody here participate in an ICO because of the endorser who is not in anyway related to crypto? I don't even know if these paid people read what the project is all about. Perhaps a single tweet (which is done by their secretaries) is worth thousands of dollars which will be paid by the investors themselves.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:08:22 AM

Well most like this is just part of their marketing strategy which seems to be okay since Jamie Foxx is a famous celebrity and promoting this ICO may make some people curious. More people would invest in crypto the better for us since the price may go higher.

Also I think Jamie Foxx is famous enough to at least research what he is endorsing because if this ICO is a scam his name can be dragged to that mess.
dewanaga
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:29:26 AM

good news for us the bounty hunters then, hopefully ico more and more known to the world community, because the ico can help our economy
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:33:24 AM

Not sure how i should feel about this but recently there seems to be a great amount of celebrities entering the business of promoting cryptocurrencies. They say that they will be participating but i doubt they actually even know what it's about.

Be careful. Just because a celebrity endorsement doesn't mean it's going to be profitable or even legit. In fact, it is highly likely that the hype generated makes the token sales overpriced.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:35:07 AM

As much as I dont like ICO and i dont like the idea of celebrity endorsements, how ever I can not deny the fact that these celebrities have alot of social following. Unfortunately if cryptocurrencies are ever going to go main stream, we will need even more of these celebrity endorsements. We must not forget that we live in a world obsessed with idolising these people. We have been people who buy lipgloss just because they saw a celebrity they are a fan of wearing it. So ladies and gentlemen brace yourselves and enjoy the ride. I think instead of bashing these people, we need to be welcoming and educate the public about the "dangers".
hartand

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:05:29 AM

No wonder that celebrities are adopting cryptos. I believe in near future that we can see more big shots to voice for cryptos and especially for bitcoin.

A time will come where people will show their status by using crypto, who knows ? it already might have arrived.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:17:19 AM

First and foremost, Jamie is not only famous in the US and he sure do have a lot of fans worldwide. However, what is happening here is just mere advert stunts posed by cobinhood. In fact the ad stunt and the name is normally one of the reasons why I would have to read more about the coin and dig deeper on the team.

Any celebrity can be approached as long as they end up getting a benefit from it, they are business men and women too, then, it is another thing for the project to be authentic on its own. If the project flops, it is not the celebrity you will have to blame but yourself at the long run cause he will tell you straight up his reputation had nothing to do with it as he could not have been able to predict the future himself.
appleffi

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

One of a kind

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:27:06 AM

This will really make noise, jamie foxx is a well known personality, he starred in many shows which clearly can influence lot of people to try the ICO he is endorsing as of the moment. And using him, really is a big thing for an ICO to have, no wonder this ICO will soon garnered lots of users. We never know what happens in the future. We can't tell unless it happens. 

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: