Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 10:26:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank You! The Bitcoin Road Trip: Pensacola to Chicago - Come say Hi.  (Read 1884 times)
SeansOutpost (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 12:32:21 PM

This is my first post outside the noob area. Be nice Smiley

TL;DR - If you live between Pensacola, FL and Chicago, IL let's meet up on my roadtrip next week

Next, Tuesday I will be driving from Pensacola, FL to Chicago, IL. An awesome (super awesome) friend of mine who is part of the traveler/hobo/train rider community, just got struck down with Guillain-Barré syndrome. This disease is just fucking terrible, it is a polyneuropathy that essentially deteriorates your nerves rapidly. This girl went from leaping from boxcar to boxcar daily, to being essentially paralyzed.

Anyway, as you can imagine, being paralyzed and living on the street are not a good combo. Especially if she needs continuous supervision/physical therapy if she ever wants to walk again. But fortunately, we got ahold of her family and they have a room for her and will give her the care she needs.

The only problem is getting her home. Home is Ft. Wayne, Indiana.

Now at this point, this post is starting to sound like a PLEASE SEND COINS post, amiright? But it's the opposite. People have ALREADY been so awesome in supporting Sean's Outpost/<BITHOC> that were able to offer to get her home without even batting an eye lash.
Now, the logistics of moving a recently paralyzed person and their dog 855 miles is much more of a problem then I would have expected it to be. It's not like you can just stick her on a bus. So I'm going to be driving her up there.

Bitcoin fueled road trip.

We thought it might be cool to meet up with some Bitcoiners on the road, and say hi. So here is a rough list of the major cities we will pass through...

-Montgomery, AL

-Birmingham, AL

-Nashville, TN

-Louisville, KY

-Indianapolis, IN

-FT. Wayne, IN

-Chicago, IL

Yes. Chicago, is not on the main route. But seriously, if you are going to drive 855 miles...whats another 45 mins.
So come out and say hi. Let's grab a bite, or some coffee. Or just come watch me fill up a gas tank!!!
Once, again...thank you so much guys. Bitcoin is kicking ass in the Florida panhandle. Making a real damn difference. One life at a time.
You rock.

-Jason
SeansOutpost.com

I run Sean's Outpost a Bitcoin fueled homeless outreach in Pensacola, FL. Over 140,000 meals fed with BTC donations.You can donate to Sean's Outpost at... 38ccq12hPFoiSksxUdr6SQ5VosyjY7s9AU
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:33:27 PM

At first I thought your trip would take you through West Kentucky. Then I saw you were headed toward the other side of the state. Bummer.

But hey, if your return trip takes you down this way, lemme know.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:38:07 PM

Good luck and godspeed on your journey!

Guillain-Barré is a bitch.

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
SeansOutpost (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 08:40:07 PM

At first I thought your trip would take you through West Kentucky. Then I saw you were headed toward the other side of the state. Bummer.

But hey, if your return trip takes you down this way, lemme know.

What part of Kentucky you in?

I run Sean's Outpost a Bitcoin fueled homeless outreach in Pensacola, FL. Over 140,000 meals fed with BTC donations.You can donate to Sean's Outpost at... 38ccq12hPFoiSksxUdr6SQ5VosyjY7s9AU
SeansOutpost (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 08:42:08 PM

Good luck and godspeed on your journey!

Guillain-Barré is a bitch.

No shit. Watching that disease take hold is really hard. I feel so bad for her. But she is still super positive, so who am I to mope about?

Thank you for the well wishes.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: