Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:23:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mining with 3 Nvidia GTX 1060 6 GB + 1 AMD RX 480 + MSI RX 460  (Read 697 times)
bit-emperor (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:27:36 PM

Why i can't combine my 5 GPUS : 3 Nvidia GTX 1060 6 GB + 1 AMD RX 480 + MSI RX 460, in 1 system mining rig, to mine with Nicehash, it is akways crash , but if i install only 3 gtx1060 without rx480 and rx 460 it runing normal, but again if combine my 5 gpus all in 1 system mining rig it crash again? please help!!!
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:59:33 PM

I might be wrong, but I think that it's best not to combine GPUs from different manufacturers (Amd/Nvidia) due to driver software related issues. Does your machine start without issues when having all the GPUs connected? What drivers are you using when having all of them connected? Also, make sure Crossfire/SLI is disabled.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
opelgtman

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:12:13 AM

I run a 2 rx 470s, 1 rx570, 1 rx 480, and 2 GTX 1070s and its fine.  You have to figure out which algo you are running that causing the amd cards to crash when it runs.  It takes quite a bit of playing or just turn off the algos that you know you don't need.  Dagger crashes my rig due to my overclocks.
yerfei

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:18:18 AM

Why i can't combine my 5 GPUS : 3 Nvidia GTX 1060 6 GB + 1 AMD RX 480 + MSI RX 460, in 1 system mining rig, to mine with Nicehash, it is akways crash , but if i install only 3 gtx1060 without rx480 and rx 460 it runing normal, but again if combine my 5 gpus all in 1 system mining rig it crash again? please help!!!

You can try to mine with Winminer
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2004875.0
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 10:14:48 PM

When combining Nvidia and AMD GPUs, I've personally had the best luck using Windows and installing the AMD cards first (using one of them in the primary physical x16 slot for display) first, and Nvidia cards second. Perhaps this will work for you.

Remove Nvidia cards, reinstall Windows, install AMD drivers only, reboot, test to ensure mining works on those AMD GPUs, then attempt to install your Nvidia cards one-by-one, installing the Nvidia driver after the first Nvidia GPU is installed.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
saga-crypto

Activity: 289

SAGA Developer

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 01:33:05 AM

When combining Nvidia and AMD GPUs, I've personally had the best luck using Windows and installing the AMD cards first (using one of them in the primary physical x16 slot for display) first, and Nvidia cards second. Perhaps this will work for you.

Remove Nvidia cards, reinstall Windows, install AMD drivers only, reboot, test to ensure mining works on those AMD GPUs, then attempt to install your Nvidia cards one-by-one, installing the Nvidia driver after the first Nvidia GPU is installed.

Wow, it seems like very cumbersome to install drivers for mixing GPU. What about mixing GPU in linux? Anyone does it before, is it working fine?

bit-emperor (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:28:25 AM

I might be wrong, but I think that it's best not to combine GPUs from different manufacturers (Amd/Nvidia) due to driver software related issues. Does your machine start without issues when having all the GPUs connected? What drivers are you using when having all of them connected? Also, make sure Crossfire/SLI is disabled.
how to disable Crossfire / SLI ?
bit-emperor (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:29:48 AM

i have done this, but it is still not working
bit-emperor (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:32:07 AM

my problem is that only 3 nvidia cards detected and other 2 amd not detected on the system, as info i am using mobo asrock h81 pro btc, ram ddr5 4 gb and cpu Intel G3240,
bit-emperor (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:38:50 AM

but when i only install 2 gtx 1060 and 1 amd rx 480 it is working normally, i donk know why?
Phantoms001

Activity: 135

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:54:15 AM

You have a setup problem.  I run a mix of cards.  I currently have 2 1060's, 1 570, 1 290, and 2 970s all in the same rig.  I was running win 7 64 and moved to win 10 and didn't have a problem with nicehash or winminer either time.  I am using the newest drivers. 

I would reset my bios, wipe the drivers, and start over.  (Double check your risers.  Had 2 bad risers that gave me fits)
bit-emperor (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:10:38 AM

You have a setup problem.  I run a mix of cards.  I currently have 2 1060's, 1 570, 1 290, and 2 970s all in the same rig.  I was running win 7 64 and moved to win 10 and didn't have a problem with nicehash or winminer either time.  I am using the newest drivers. 

I would reset my bios, wipe the drivers, and start over.  (Double check your risers.  Had 2 bad risers that gave me fits)
and what i have to do now? should i wipe both 2 gpus brand driver, and install it again or what?
Phantoms001

Activity: 135

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:42:11 PM

Its really impossible for anyone here to tell you specifically what to do without being able to look at the system which is why I gave my suggestion.  I know mixed cards work fine.  That means there is a defective piece of hardware or it is improperly set upYou can work your way backwards or reset your bios to default settings, wipe the drivers, and start from scratch.

I've had to do both.  Personally, I would start working backwards. 

If you have 3 cards running, start swapping cards to those good risers and make sure all the cards work.  (ie.  Install all 3 Nvidia cards and get them running, then remove 1 card and add a different card in its place.)

Then I would start swapping risers to make sure they all work (ie.  Take out one riser which you already know identifies a card and just switch in an unused riser to make sure it still sees the card).

At this point you know you have good risers and good cards.

Now I would go back to the 3 good cards I had running and start switching them one at a time to different PCIE slots.  Make sure all the PCIE slots are working.

From there, you have a bios setting problem or a driver problem.

It doesn't take as long as it sounds.  Just a few mins to check all the hardware.

For me, I would wipe all the drivers and install all 3 Nvidia cards with the newest driver, then add 1 AMD card at a time with a clean install of the driver.

If your not seeing all the cards, you have the settings in your bios wrong. 

IF you are seeing all the cards all the cards but you are crashing, most likely you have a power problem.  You never posted which board you are using, power supply, memory, driver version, os system, ect.. which we would need to offer other suggestions. 

When we started mining I thought you plug in the cards and internet, boot it up and start mining.  It is actually quite a bit of work.  You need to systematically track down problems to find the root.
dave4925

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:04:13 PM

Try disabling the settings software for both AMD and NVIDIA via running msconfig.exe as administrator from the start menu.  It might work that way.

1BTcdaveJEX8SrLb62YSLY7r3W9P8XQYBN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: