Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:13:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggest me a bitcoin wallet  (Read 2480 times)
Bruce Wayne

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:25:12 PM

Are crypto wallets better if you're in certain countries?

Join My Newsletter (Free) By Shooting Me A Message On Here With Your Email Address. 1st Newsletter Goes Out in December! Happy Trading.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moinul018

Activity: 74

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:11:35 PM

You can use Electrum.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:15:58 PM

*sorry if this topic is not suitable here,but i need help.

Hi,
I am using coinbase since from the start. But now i want to change my bitcoin wallet. Since coinbase disabled the sign message option for the users,i want to leave them permanent and badly need a secure wallet for my hardly earned bitcoin.

I don't want to download the full blockchain, and don't know which wallet is safe and easy for me.So please help me out.

I have only coinbase wallet, i never used any other wallet.

In my country we use coins.ph because it is the safest wallet that we can store our bitcoin if you're currency is peso. But there is one more wallet I know. It's blockchain wallet. I have an account on that site they says that it's safe to store bitcoin there. But I haven't tried storing bitcoin on that wallet but I could say it's safe because of the feedbacks that I have read.
If you do not control the key, you do not control the coins. I would suggest that you buy a hardware wallet like trezor or Ledger nano. That way you can securely store your bitcoin.
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:19:24 PM

I think every wallet allowing you to export your private keys is good, especially if you are aware about your device safety. Without the access to your private keys you don't really own the bitcoins and its not safe. Thats why stay away from the exchangers wallets and most part of the online wallet.
You can download Electreum wallet for example, it is safe and easy to use.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:24:20 PM

I think every wallet allowing you to export your private keys is good, especially if you are aware about your device safety. Without the access to your private keys you don't really own the bitcoins and its not safe. Thats why stay away from the exchangers wallets and most part of the online wallet.
You can download Electreum wallet for example, it is safe and easy to use.

The rare exception of this that I would argue is Coinbase. I have seen a lot of older heads shit on Coinbase, and I will agree it has the problems attendant of any hosted wallet (you truly dont own the coins people, unless you have the keys. Byt with the security and the insurance, you could do a lot worse in this sphere. Coinbase is the closest we get to the FDIC here in crypto, take advantage of that. Unfortunately, they require full AML?KYC to use correctly, so its not the most private way to store your coins.
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:38:59 PM

Hi,
I am using coinbase since from the start. But now i want to change my bitcoin wallet. Since coinbase disabled the sign message option for the users,i want to leave them permanent and badly need a secure wallet for my hardly earned bitcoin.

I don't want to download the full blockchain, and don't know which wallet is safe and easy for me.So please help me out.

I used coins.ph to store all my bitcoins, try to use it if you can access on this site. Create an account in the coins.ph and see the full details here or search on how to use it. It is very easy to use, convenient, you can store more bitcoins but it has cashed out limit. They limit it to avoid abusing this wallet. It is also web-based wallet so you can access it anytime you want.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:53:57 PM

Hi,

It depends on which kind of wallets you prefer. There are basically 3 main kinds of wallets: web wallet, software wallet (both for mobile and for for desktops) and hardware wallets. In my opinion the best choice is software wallet and in particular Electrum. But if you prefer web wallets, my best choice would be blockchain.info. But keep in mind web wallets can be more risky (they could be hacked, etc.)
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:08:15 PM

I use Blockchain.info, i think this wallet is very safe, you can try this wallet, or you can try coinbase too, but the fee is too high Grin

xBitHodler

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:18:22 PM

I use Blockchain.info, i think this wallet is very safe, you can try this wallet, or you can try coinbase too, but the fee is too high Grin

Blockchain.info wallet isn't safe, unfortunately. You don't control your private keys so they can be stolen even if you enable 2FA. Web based wallets aren't safe. There's a plenty of software which allows you to control your own private keys such as Bitcoin Core, Electrum, paper wallets or even hardware wallets which are pretty expensive but I would recommend them to anyone.
rathaha10

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:24:56 PM

I use a blockchain wallet, because mainly it is very simple and fast. You don't have to download anything not even a private key. You need only your adress id to log in with your password.

You can also just store your wallet locally, but takes a great risk. Hackers can easily take your private key and they have already your wallet. With Blockchain they need to have to hack the site. Well would be very difficult i think.

CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:59:34 PM

Hi,

Electrum for PC and mycelium for Android (smartphones). Those two are the best on its own segment I would say. Both are lightweight wallet, easy to access, give you control to your private key, and mycelium is compatible with third-party cold storage devices like Trezor and KeepKey.

I have been using those two wallets for more than three years and it is always a pleasure. Never had any problem. Just make sure you always keep your devices safe from malware.
Nameless27

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:19:21 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 11:20:16 PM by Nameless27

If you’re looking for bitcoin wallet for long term HODLing it should be hardware wallet like Trezor and ledger.
For it is the most secured way of storing bitcoin for it is offline and not necessarily part of cp or computer that if having technical problems about them hardware is not affected at all.

But if your looking for daily used bitcoin wallet, electrum would be the best option and mycelium and if I were you, you can even used them both and stored halfway so it’s a much easier for you and much practical that way. If one have problem not all your bitcoin will be all gone.

Not all  wallet online is safe to use but if you’re experiencing no problem at all, make used to it. It is instant and much hassle free.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:55:18 PM

Hi,

I don't think you have a reason to worry with conbase in any way. They are an old company and a trusted one. However, if you really want to move to another secure wallet, then try offline version of electrum wallet. Here you don't have to download the full blockchain. You wallet will be connected to a central server where the blockchain will be downloaded and you just need to connect to that. I have been using it for sometime now and never have any problem till date. It also supports multiple payments against a single fee.

Coldsnap4457

Activity: 98

STOCKBET TOKEN SALE OCT 29 - USABLE SOFTWARE TODAY

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:03:30 PM

I agree with avikz.

I use both Coinbase and Electrum and both have served me well.

However, if there is an upcoming fork, it's better to move the money off an exchange to your own wallet such as Electrum.

Bren Briones

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 11:30:24 PM

Hi! Here in our place we are using COINS.PH. We chose this one considering its featured third party service providers which are mostly available in our country.

Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:32:37 PM

I think that the best option for you if you are a newbie is to use blockchain wallet, or maybe coinbase, those are the best if you are just starting and dont know where to put your funds. But when you have some budget, spend it on an offline wallet, this will make your coins 100% more secure, and you will have the full control of it, so it is better to invest a little bit more, but have more safety on your coins.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:31:51 AM

It depends on the country where you live, in my country, I use vip.bitcoin.co.id because many bitcoin Indonesia users are using it. there we can buy or sell bitcoin and make altcoin with bitcoin or use local currency. there are still many bitcoin purses that can be used, for example coinbase, block.io, and blockchain.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:35:24 AM

It depends on the country where you live, in my country, I use vip.bitcoin.co.id because many bitcoin Indonesia users are using it. there we can buy or sell bitcoin and make altcoin with bitcoin or use local currency. there are still many bitcoin purses that can be used, for example coinbase, block.io, and blockchain.

Yeah there are so many local exchanges that are good to use and I'm using an exchange that is only dedicated to our country. But for other bitcoin wallets I only suggest very few ones, for a web wallet you can use blockchain.info and for a desktop wallet electrum is the best choice for me also there is greenaddress if you want to try it out, just don't use store most of your coins at an exchange.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:39:10 AM

It's depend where your location at. For i used Coin.ph it excellent wallet and all my earning bitcoin deposited in this wallet. Many virtual wallet application are available in play app and their are trusted. But i cannot recommend you which wallet are good to you it is depend to what you choose based on your location.
black014

Activity: 84

" SIMPLE BUT HARD WORKER"💪😁

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:46:55 AM

Hi! Here in our place we are using COINS.PH. We chose this one considering its featured third party service providers which are mostly available in our country.
he already know about coins.ph stop talking  coins.ph our trusted wallet here in philippines he did not asking what wallet our using here did you get that? it's useless because i thought he's not a filipino, gave him a nice comment instead of talking like that ok? and gave him a suggest about your recomended wallet for him.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: