Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:36:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggest me a bitcoin wallet  (Read 2480 times)
imbest (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:46:56 AM

*sorry if this topic is not suitable here,but i need help.

Hi,
I am using coinbase since from the start. But now i want to change my bitcoin wallet. Since coinbase disabled the sign message option for the users,i want to leave them permanent and badly need a secure wallet for my hardly earned bitcoin.

I don't want to download the full blockchain, and don't know which wallet is safe and easy for me.So please help me out.

I have only coinbase wallet, i never used any other wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:54:14 AM

Hi,
I am using coinbase since from the start. But now i want to change my bitcoin wallet. Since coinbase disabled the sign message option for the users,i want to leave them permanent and badly need a secure wallet for my hardly earned bitcoin.

I don't want to download the full blockchain, and don't know which wallet is safe and easy for me.So please help me out.

In my country we use coins.ph because it is the safest wallet that we can store our bitcoin if you're currency is peso. But there is one more wallet I know. It's blockchain wallet. I have an account on that site they says that it's safe to store bitcoin there. But I haven't tried storing bitcoin on that wallet but I could say it's safe because of the feedbacks that I have read.
bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:59:59 AM

Hi,

In my country we use coins.ph because it is the safest wallet that we can store our bitcoin if you're currency is peso. But there is one more wallet I know. It's blockchain wallet. I have an account on that site they says that it's safe to store bitcoin there. But I haven't tried storing bitcoin on that wallet but I could say it's safe because of the feedbacks that I have read.
Ofcoure me to , my wallet is coin.ph here in the philippines becuase this is the popular wallet in our country and so much safe to store your money here , but my friend says coin base or coin ph. Is good.
imbest (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:03:07 AM

Hi,

Ofcoure me to , my wallet is coin.ph here in the philippines becuase this is the popular wallet in our country and so much safe to store your money here , but my friend says coin base or coin ph. Is good.

I know about coinph but i don't want to use any wallet that i don't have control over my wallet private keys.
But thanks for replying and for your suggestion.

Anyone else have any recommend for me? seems blockchain wallet is safe,should i go for it?
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:11:53 AM

I'm using electrum wallet since hard fork bitcoin occur and I find it very useful because I control my private key and it supported sign message, Electrum is the best bitcoin wallet for me. Mycellium also looks cool with the same feature to electrum but I highly suggest electrum because I have a good experience on it.

chairul.muttaqin

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

CCS - join the REVOLUTION in service

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:16:56 AM

Hi,

i think blockchain will be one of your options to use another wallet besides coinbase. i don't like coinbase die to that reason. blockchain is your solution, you don't need to download the full blockchain and the users allowed to make a sign message for every transaction.

imbest (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:19:19 AM

I'm using electrum wallet since hard fork bitcoin occur and I find it very useful because I control my private key and it supported sign message, Electrum is the best bitcoin wallet for me. Mycellium also looks cool with the same feature to electrum but I highly suggest electrum because I have a good experience on it.
Thanks for your suggestion mate.
did you mean https://electrum.org/#download  ?
I can see this is a desktop wallet,so guessing that i need to download the whole blockchain? This is quite difficult for me to download 100+ GB blockchain data.

i think blockchain will be one of your options to use another wallet besides coinbase. i don't like coinbase die to that reason. blockchain is your solution, you don't need to download the full blockchain and the users allowed to make a sign message for every transaction.

That seems to be more easy than any other wallet.
GrowingCoins

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:20:20 AM

I can see this is a desktop wallet,so guessing that i need to download the whole blockchain? This is quite difficult for me to download 100+ GB blockchain data.

No, you don't need to download the whole blockchain that's for offline wallets not this one is software and online.
shab00mba

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:10:24 AM

Hi,

I know about coinph but i don't want to use any wallet that i don't have control over my wallet private keys.

Anyone else have any recommend for me? seems blockchain wallet is safe,should i go for it?

Blockchain.info is a really good wallet, but keep in mind the pirvate keys are stored on the blockchain servers. so in the end you have to trust them
CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:16:37 AM

Hi,

Blockchain.info is a really good wallet, but keep in mind the pirvate keys are stored on the blockchain servers. so in the end you have to trust them
yes the private key wallet blockchain is stored on the blockchain server, but if you want to have your own private key wallet, why not try to buy ledger or trezor Smiley
It is very easy to use and very secure Grin

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:50:03 AM

Hi,

I using coin.ph becuase this is our trusted and safest wallet in our country here in philippines , or coinbase but i know thatany wallets now are danger so be carefull always think about finding and choosing wallet . Smiley
MintCondition
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:47:32 AM

No, you don't need to download the whole blockchain that's for offline wallets not this one is software and online.

Yep. there is available offline wallet for electrum wallet that low file size. You can choose here base on the type of your OS. https://electrum.org/#download
There's also available android wallet on playstore for easy use. you must try it.  Wink

Sahabat_

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:52:52 AM

Hi,

I using coin.ph becuase this is our trusted and safest wallet in our country here in philippines , or coinbase but i know thatany wallets now are danger so be carefull always think about finding and choosing wallet . Smiley

wallet coin.ph is also great for storing bitcoins and now they have refferal programs that can give us bonuses.
but I prefer mycelium because it is simple and safe to use is not afraid of phishing attacks or hackers.

dreamer81

Merit: 252

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:53:56 AM

Use a paper wallet for cold storage. And use electrum for online storage.
never use web wallets, as you dont really own the coins in there.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:00:02 AM

I too am using the electrum wallet. As being new to bitcoin and crypro I am not sure of all the features but I have read here that it is very populate and reputable. I can see all the different wallet addresses for receiving and indeed I can control the private keys and seeds.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:13:18 AM

Hi,

Like @dynospytan, I used coins.ph not only that it is safe. It is a very easy to access especially cashing out our Bitcoin. Though, I also trying to get an electrum wallet since a friend of my recommended it to me. According to him, it is much safer since I hold all the keys to access it. Unfortunately, I haven't got time to study it first before using it.
getbet

Activity: 59

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:29:12 AM

i think this not good place for sugestion u can search on google and youtube for a safe and gud wallet
Portia12

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

ADAB ICO

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:35:43 AM

Hi,

I use coins.ph because im filipino this is the famous bitcoin wallet to our country. And other use blockchain, coinbase and xapo those wallet are universal or worldwide wallet.

MintCondition
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:24:53 AM

Hi,

I use coins.ph because im filipino this is the famous bitcoin wallet to our country. And other use blockchain, coinbase and xapo those wallet are universal or worldwide wallet.

I'm a coins.ph user also but I'm not feeling secure using it especially when storing huge amount of BTC, They didn't support sign message and no private available so that you can access your asset on any other wallet with just importing private key. I think coins.ph is not advisable to suggest here since it didn't what OP is looking out for an ideal wallet that he like.

kondor1030

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 08:36:54 AM

Copay is a very user-friendly bitcoin wallet.

Exodus is the nicest multi-wallet.

If you seek security maybe Trezor would be a good solution for you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: