Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:38:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: grr Mt. Gox bouncing around - cannot give more proof!  (Read 1887 times)
PulsedMedia (OP)

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 01:15:58 PM

Ok, my claim gets denied constantly.

I've validated my e-mail address, given approximate withdrawal sums, told name, address, bank name, account # for withdraws i've done, told how many & amount of deposits, submitted company VAT code, link to website. I think there's nothing more i can give them proof apart from them coming to visit me!

First time i use them and this shit happens!

So they think my e-mail account is compromised, and my bank account is compromised?

My e-mail address has partial match for my account name, company info shows same as account name, account registered using company email address.

Probably someone compromised my body too then, and i'm a drone typing this by someone using somekind of mind control device?

I understand the need for strict verification, but this is a joke. What are the chances of potential attacker having access to all of this, and knowledge of my full activity @ Mt. Gox? They are in a hurry, and got tons of accounts to validate, but they shouldn't hurry at the expense of being precise.

FYI, i made withdraws multiple days before they closed their site, infact i expected them to arrive before they closed down ...

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jerfelix

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 01:26:29 PM

Give information regarding activity prior to the passwords being leaked - especially information that only you would know (and not someone who hacked your Mt. Gox account and email).

For instance, if you did a deposit or withdrawal before 6/15, give the details.
Or if you have information about one of the Bitcoin addresses used prior to 6/15, tell them that you will do some activity in that account, that they can verify in the blockexplorer (example:  "on 6/5, I withdrew bitcoins to account number 1xxxyyyxxxyxxyxyxyx.  In 2 hours I will send .42 Bitcoins from that address to 1zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to prove that I am the person who controls that account".

The key, I think, is to try to go back several weeks ago, and use information that a hacker wouldn't know.  Keep in mind that a hacker who signed in could have dumped your account history, so simply naming the transactions isn't much proof.

IP addresses could be good proof too. 
PulsedMedia (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 01:29:29 PM

Did tell them my IP. It's practically static (changes only couple times a year)

but i guess doing somekind of thing like that could work.

RL info tho should be sufficient, afterall e-mail, company and bank account details do match and are easy to verify by them. Unless as said, they expect that my e-mail is compromised too.

magik

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:13:14 PM

meh, I'm having issues too

I just started trading on MtGox, maybe only 2-3 weeks ago.  I've only made 1 Dwolla deposit.  And I'm travelling right now, so I have no idea how many different ip's I've been logging into their site with.

So basically I don't have very much info to provide them.

Initially I thought my Dwolla Acct # should be fine.  But I guess that wasn't.

The only additional info I could provide was the Dwolla transaction details, and a general idea of the # of bitcoins in my account before the crash.... I hope to hell this is going to work
zerokwel

Activity: 464

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:27:10 PM

the sad thing is after all this happened I started reading back how mtgox in the past has held accounts due to 0.16 of there total amount was stolen  and the person done nothing wrong apart from play a double game where some of the stolen funds had came from. I personally will be leaving very little in.as sometimes i need to trade around the various markets. I don't like how in a few instances they have frozen accounts saying that the BTC was stolen etc. Its not there job to do that.

For example. I buy 10bitcoins off someone random which I did not know was stolen. then use them to buy something say a seedbox then you transfer the funds into mtgox and he puts your account on hold while he does investigation's. That's just wrong

Esp when there TOC says they will not get involved.

So I am going to go back to being quiet on the subject and see what happens over time.
jimrandomh

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 05:07:10 PM

According to http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=21748.20, requests were auto-rejected if they did not include an approximate last balance, so you should probably add that information and resubmit.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:13:10 PM

Odd, i just provided old password, new password and my email address.
Got a link in my email to verify, done.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:21:27 PM

Ok, my claim gets denied constantly.

1. Go Start>Run>CMD>ipconfig

2. Screenshot the DOS window (make sure its expanded to show all info)

3. Email to Tux & Co.

4. ...

5. Profit!

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
IlbiStarz

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:21:51 PM

I think MagicalTux mentioned that the most important thing is previous account balance. He's going to deny anything that doesn't have original account balance if you have over $100 of stuff.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:23:32 PM

Odd, i just provided old password, new password and my email address.
Got a link in my email to verify, done.

Was your balance < $100 total value / cash + BTC?

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:23:48 PM

I think MagicalTux mentioned that the most important thing is previous account balance. He's going to deny anything that doesn't have original account balance if you have over $100 of stuff.

Yea I understand peoples frustration but look at it from MtGox's perspective. You could be a hacker. He's only trying to protect your interest. What would you know that a hacker that had full access to your account details NOT know?

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
PulsedMedia (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 09:11:23 AM

They would not know the account i requested the withdrawal to. They would definitely know account balance.
They wouldn't have access to my email.

In any case, i got finally my account opened! Smiley

And finally first withdraw from couple weeks back arrived! Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: