Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:47:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think an ICO, or coin, is all about the marketing?  (Read 2419 times)
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:12:16 PM

In a way you are correct. Most cryptos/alts have no use case. I have hardly seen less than 5 alts that are currently being used in real life situations. That said, its like the internet bubble times, there will be few compines which will become the facebook or apple in crypto world in 5-10 years down the lane. Our job is to hunt them dowm and buy em

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VenessaShillerqzx

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:14:29 PM

I work in advertising, and thus I may be bias here...no, but it's a very key component...and it's not just ICOs.

I've seen loads of coins that talk about 'millennials', talk overly techy, don't have a single-minded proposition and don't communicate it well...and worst of all, terrible terrible community management. The latter point is true of a majority, rather than a minority, of coins IMO.

You can have the best tech and product in the game, but if you don't market it well it'll never been seen and adopted by the masses. It might rise, but ultimately it will eventually fall. Look at PayPal's approach, look at Mastercard. For anything financial related, you need trust and acceptance...you need to communicate and market simply and effectively.

Few do it well, I think Dash is one of them. Monero too.

Being new to crypto world is making me feel like a noob as I read more. Have to research about what you said so my judgement can be better.

C
Finally C is!!!
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 03:24:14 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 05:49:16 PM by Bagaji

Well, to my understanding marketing is one of the key success factor in any project. Project owners market their coins or project during ICO to the potential investor is not something bad but most of the ICO in recent time are just out to scam prospective investors.
CoinSavvy

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:30:15 PM

I mean most these ICOs are not even original ...
Adult dating, real estate, gambling, etc etc ...
Really there is nothing new to the table, so what is it about ?
How much you spend on marketing ?

That's pretty much my thought. I see new alt-coins popping out every day... as you said, for gambling, for music,etc.. they've became like facebook credits, you buy them and use them on one specific website just for that company that created it so they can roll those coins on their own website while the price is rising... similar strategy to steam, where you can deposit money and sell games but you can't withdraw.

I would tell you "yes," marketing plays a significant role in ICO or coin popularity. The more efficient marketing is, the more clients will be engaged into this project or coin whatsoever, thus increasing its value.
Emworks

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:09:42 PM

Marketing ads has been use as a tool to reach out the market and they are willing to spend some serious cash just to make some noise.
Best quality ico has their own credit and unique promises.they dont need to make some shitty paid ads just to get your attention and make some noise. For me an ico spending to much money on shitty ads rather than giving real value to community is a quick turnoff.
Flodemaga

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:44:08 PM

No marketing does expose your product with multiple ways achieving all levels of investors and potencial investors, but if your product or what you have to offer doesnt worth the cost it wont sell even with an amazing marketing around. Most ICO has achieved sucess because its a new project working based into crypto, social, gamble and some others new projets are allowing to use crypto for something we do already but only with fiat.
Gangy

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:54:58 PM

Ofcourse they are all about marketing. All these projects are not aming to make world a better place or something , everyone just wants to get piece from these cake full of precious fruits.

Loempia

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:59:23 PM

definitely, look how ICO's like status raised over 100m dollar for just an app... 
AngelSupport

Activity: 89

Angel Token - World's First Refundable ICO

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 01:05:44 AM

Hmm I don't think it's all about marketing...mona.co had the best marketing team and they were everywhere and although raised great money, didn't raised as much as I would have expected from the hype. A good idea but also execution of said idea is what's doing it I'd say.
But yeah, marketing is a biggie either way, just not "all".

AbbyS

Activity: 208
Merit: 104

Excellence is an attitude

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:34:43 AM

Ofcourse they are all about marketing. All these projects are not aming to make world a better place or something , everyone just wants to get piece from these cake full of precious fruits.

believe it or not, SPARTA is aiming to make the world a better place!

AltcoinsTalks
⟫⟫ Offers bitcointalk users possibility to teleport their rank  ⟫⟫  Read details <<
Join more bounties on 2 forums

qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 07:57:25 AM

Marketing indeed helps a token or business develop, indeed GOOD MARKETING can make all the difference. I do though need to stress a point here. I think MARKETING must go hand in hand with a good business plan and model and also a good product or service that will either solve a specific problem or be a first to market product or service that will corner a good market share. These combinations, along with a solid and professional working team and community can bring mega gains and successes.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
bebejhen

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:43:28 AM

I think so. I believe that everything is all about marketing.  Even if it is a food, dress, place, or anything is all about marketing. Even if in crypto currency there is a marketing. Any products needs cycle so that everyone can earn.
smith136

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:43:41 AM

what you see is all about marketing since ICO is just a marketing strategy, I mean, we have not yet heard the voice or comments of users of those coins from ICOs if they are satisfied or what. Maybe some of the ICOs are really intended for services they want to offer for the community with the use of their respective coins, some are just to make their coins high valued and later on be traded on top exchange sites.

DariaPT

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:47:26 AM

I agree that it is all predominately all about marketing. One the project has no any real product yet it is more about just selling well the idea - and I think it's OK. Even, there is a product or service in a real world, it is still a lot of marketing effort to  "package" it well and promote it to the cryptocurrency community. Would you disagree?
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:57:09 AM

indeed man its all about the marketing  there is lot of money needed to spend on marketing. Without  marketing there is no way that any product  becomes successful

Lord casanova

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 09:01:33 AM

marketing plays a significant part in the success of any ico. higher the marketing ,higher the  chances of the success of ico.
Slowhand26

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:13:22 AM

It's not "all about marketing" BUT marketing is part of ICO's success. Yes, most of them aren't new and been in industry for some years. But as new player for that established market, you need to put something that will be known by others and somehow will compete to those already existing. It's like TV ad commercial where you need to introduce your product and show what's new to your plate.  For how much they spend on marketing, it differs. There are some ICO's (but verrryyy seldom) who already have allocated budget even if the ICO fails to their marketing strategy, those are the ones who offer bitcoin weekly payment. And most of ICO now a days depends on how much the project will reach
Dannaey

Activity: 468

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:25:20 AM

ICO means funds are raised for a new cryptocurrency journey. It is use to raise money to fund their project. And as I noticed also, I agree with you. They are all the same, same promise. They just differ on how will they execute or develop their project. Of course they will spend too much money on marketing. The purpose of marketing is to spread or to inform the people about what they want to offer in public. So advertisements, people who spread the words, they are well paid I think. Because they are the one who is working to spread the new crypto to others.

Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:45:05 AM

For me ICO is a marketing because they can never be a success on there project without a market for there coins.
All ICO needed to be marketed that's why they need us people to make there project known and been seen by all investor worldwide.
chesegrinder

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:45:39 AM

we can say that ICO and new coin exist are for marketing purposes but they are making new world behind our land, making a new way to make money. Those music platform are for music only you can buy rare or new music/song using their coins and that music/songs are one-and-only in that site.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: