Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:23:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone back on WEX?  (Read 1925 times)
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:38:47 AM

WEX.NZ is a scam

They are not letting users back on
Don't be fooled.

Those who are on cannot with draw.
Verification is Pointless

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@thejamesfund/usd10-000-reward-bounty-or-split-among-individual-s-in-helping-me-blasting-btc-e-aka-wex-nz-info-below

You are spreading falsehoods, I have successfully withdrawn and deposited many times on WEX

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aznatama

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:12:55 PM

They haven't got their Verification provider sorted out yet, they are not using the same provider as BTC-e did.

Verification is supposedly up, but screws all U.S. account holders, as they will not verify U.S. accounts.
dianacondor

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:09:06 PM

They haven't got their Verification provider sorted out yet, they are not using the same provider as BTC-e did.

Verification is supposedly up, but screws all U.S. account holders, as they will not verify U.S. accounts.

They are also resetting balances of non-US account holders that got their verification recently.

reddit.com/r/wex/comments/74iam6/wex_verified_now_account_empty/
reddit.com/r/BTCE/comments/758slq/wexnz_account_empty_after_verified/
reddit.com/r/wex/comments/71iq4k/wex_verification/
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2181023.msg22781133#msg22781133
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:58:07 PM

Do you blame them? WEX saw what happened to BTC-e servers with FBI raid, they don't want to give the FBI an excuse to do the same thing to the WEX servers, so the easiest way to do that is ban US users. Sounds perfectly logical to me.

Any losses that US users incurred as a result of the FBI shutting down BTC-e are not a legal concern of WEX, that's the whole point of limited liability companies, they are separate legal entities. Just because WEX took over some assets of BTC-e doesn't mean they need to take any of the liabilities. BTC-e didn't do a runner, they were shutdown by hostile actions from the US and UK. People conveniently seem to forget that.

JamesNoJosh

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:48:57 AM

WEX.NZ HAS THE ACCOUNTS FROM BTC-E

THAT MEANS THE ACCOUNT STILL BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE

THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO KEEP IT. IF THEY WENT OUT OF BUSINESS AND EVERYONE LOST OUT, I CAN ACCEPT THAT BUT TO SAY JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE FROM USA DOESNT GIVE THEN THE RIGHT TO KEEP OUR MONEY

squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:38:42 AM

Do you blame them? WEX saw what happened to BTC-e servers with FBI raid, they don't want to give the FBI an excuse to do the same thing to the WEX servers, so the easiest way to do that is ban US users. Sounds perfectly logical to me.

Any losses that US users incurred as a result of the FBI shutting down BTC-e are not a legal concern of WEX, that's the whole point of limited liability companies, they are separate legal entities. Just because WEX took over some assets of BTC-e doesn't mean they need to take any of the liabilities. BTC-e didn't do a runner, they were shutdown by hostile actions from the US and UK. People conveniently seem to forget that.

"Limited liability" just limits personal liability for company debts, as in bankruptcy proceedings. It doesn't give LLCs free license to steal customer money, or absolve them of criminal wrongdoing, or remove affiliation to connected entities (through ownership, debt, etc) in the eyes of the law.

I'm not surprised, though. They gave US customers an opportunity to cut and run before the launch of WEX last month. The 55% refund felt to me like a signal to people incapable of verifying: get out now.

JamesNoJosh

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:23:52 PM

"Limited liability" just limits personal liability for company debts, as in bankruptcy proceedings. It doesn't give LLCs free license to steal customer money, or absolve them of criminal wrongdoing, or remove affiliation to connected entities (through ownership, debt, etc) in the eyes of the law.

I'm not surprised, though. They gave US customers an opportunity to cut and run before the launch of WEX last month. The 55% refund felt to me like a signal to people incapable of verifying: get out now.

I would have been more then happy to cut and run, but my account was locked out due to the 2FA messed up on my account. They ask for verification. I sent in all of it and got verified, then they got raided, since then they did the same run around. Here is a 10,000 dollar bounty. You are screwed

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@thejamesfund/usd10-000-reward-bounty-or-split-among-individual-s-in-helping-me-blasting-btc-e-aka-wex-nz-info-below

aznatama

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:11:43 PM

They never gave all US customers an opportunity to cut and run.  Maybe only US customers with no issues w/ verification or access...  So basically, those of us who had F2A delinking issues, inactivity lockout issues, or IP whitelist issues before the shutdown and didn't get them fully resolved before the shutdown are now screwed.

So the only way for US citizens to "verify" is to obtain residency in a non-US country... great...
dianacondor

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:18:54 PM

They never gave all US customers an opportunity to cut and run.  Maybe only US customers with no issues w/ verification or access...  So basically, those of us who had F2A delinking issues, inactivity lockout issues, or IP whitelist issues before the shutdown and didn't get them fully resolved before the shutdown are now screwed.

So the only way for US citizens to "verify" is to obtain residency in a non-US country... great...

At the moment they are setting BTC & LTC balance to zero for every account after getting verified. So it doesn't even matter where you are from. In this forum and on reddit there are also ppl from europe (like me) & russia confronted with this probleme.
aznatama

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:27:11 PM

At the moment they are setting BTC & LTC balance to zero for every account after getting verified. So it doesn't even matter where you are from. In this forum and on reddit there are also ppl from europe (like me) & russia confronted with this probleme.

Only btc and ltc? or all crypto balances?  And it seems like at least some people don't have that problem, unless they're the ones that never had to verify in the first place?
dianacondor

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:30:58 PM

Only btc and ltc? or all crypto balances?  And it seems like at least some people don't have that problem, unless they're the ones that never had to verify in the first place?

I just had some dollars on btc-e after verification. They are still on there. BTC and LTC gone, but I did not hold any other crypto on btc-e. But I already read that other cryptos are not effected like USD.
I don't know who is selected for the balance remove. But it looks like the probleme just started few days and older verifications never had that issue.
aznatama

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:36:03 PM

I just had some dollars on btc-e after verification. They are still on there. BTC and LTC gone, but I did not hold any other crypto on btc-e. But I already read that other cryptos are not effected like USD.
I don't know who is selected for the balance remove. But it looks like the probleme just started few days and older verifications never had that issue.

Sounds more like a glitch than anything else.  I just moved into an ETH position before my phone was stolen about 2 weeks prior to the shutdown, so I had to go through f2a unlinking and got stuck...  fml.
JamesNoJosh

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:17:05 AM

Even with the 10,000 Bounty for help and I was told another person offer them to keep 50K of the balance they hold and return the rest and still no response.

Here is the 10K bounty

JamesNoJosh

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:28:38 AM

I will offer you $10,000 personally if you can get me access to my account.

No Falsehood. Just want my coins back
JamesNoJosh

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:35:50 AM

WEX.NZ is a scam

Don't be fooled.

You are spreading falsehoods, I have successfully withdrawn and deposited many times on WEX

Why would I be spreading "Falsehood" I am offering $10,000 cash or crypto to anyone that can help me access to my account. Your account was never locked down before the raid. Lot of us never had a chance to withdraw because we were told to wait and submit verification. I am on WEX with a new account consistantly try to access my old account and still nothing. $10,000 Personally to you if can help. so there.

If you read the entire thing its shows repeated attempts to gain access since 7/2/17. Its 3 solid months of back and forth crap,
shrodix

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:01:54 AM

WEX.NZ is a scam

Don't be fooled.

stop saying bullshit. I have withdrawn my coins  without problems.
kaskarder

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 02:47:11 PM

anyone, please confirm if viva-e.com is another scam or really working. I can not find invite code anywhere.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 05:57:43 PM

anyone, please confirm if viva-e.com is another scam or really working. I can not find invite code anywhere.

Their last twitter account doesn't mention them and hasn't made any tweets this year:

https://twitter.com/wexnz

So you can safely assume it's just another scam.

Signature space available for rent.
Samonster

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 11:59:21 AM

Quote from: malevolent link=topic=2194186.msg52113397#msg52113397

Their last twitter account doesn't mention them and hasn't made any tweets this year:

It is not a confirmation.
Number of users is growing up there.
Someone give me an invite code and will check it up and tell exactly if it is a bullshit or a working good.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2019, 04:46:31 PM

Even if it is not, you can still safely assume it is

Really, why would a legitimate exchange associate itself with a scammy one? Anyway, as I had been using WEX myself in the past, so I tried to restore my password (which I allegedly forgot) using the Restore Password form, and I received a notification that there was no such user as myself. That basically means that those who run this WEX copycat have no access to the original database of WEX users, as simple as it gets

The bottom line is that no one in his sane mind should ever even consider this "exchange", let alone actually sending their coins to this rip-off. It will be gone as soon as they manage to receive some money. And then you will see another WEX-like fraud spring up somewhere

Someone give me an invite code and will check it up and tell exactly if it is a bullshit or a working good

There are better ways to lose money

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: