Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:56:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: freebitco.in "Browser Mining" - is it worth it?  (Read 20681 times)
miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:02:35 AM

I think browser mining will harm the computer hardware. It needs a specialized hardware for mining and also they are giving a very low amount to the people who are mining through the browser. I am not getting one thing clear how can a company pay 100% through browser mining to the participants who are doing browser mining.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 08:36:12 AM

You can use Nicehash to do the same and I can bet you ll get much better results. Still, CPU mining s been dead for a long, long time. There s no way you can make anything here unless you have completely free electricity.

No, it's mining XMR which is a CPU mined coin. It turns a profit with most modern desktops. I've tested it and calculated the figures rather than just assuming.

I do not think this is worth it because it will cause to harm your computer, CPU mining for me is not profitable specially it consume lots of electricity and if you are in the country which the rate of electricity was too high do not try this and if you really want freebitco.in just claim only in their faucet and not to mine. I try this in just one day but I only get small satoshi which is very far on my expected satoshi to receive but if users really want it just go and take the risk but still for me it’s not recommended.

I think browser mining will harm the computer hardware. It needs a specialized hardware for mining and also they are giving a very low amount to the people who are mining through the browser. I am not getting one thing clear how can a company pay 100% through browser mining to the participants who are doing browser mining.

No, it won't harm your computer. Processors are quite good at processing without hurting themselves. They have safety features to reduce the frequency when they near their temperature limit and cutout if that doesn't work.
Mining XMR and exchanging it for BTC is profitable and freebitco.in are passing on all profits to their customers, it's a bit of a gimmick to get more people using the site, but hey why not?

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:01:10 AM

I was curious so I tried it with moonbitcoin yesterday and it installed a "bitcoin miner" in the "cache" directory of my browser. It has been identified as a riskware by my anti-virus so I deleted it.

I am a chosen one by freebitco.in but I won't activate mining, I think it is useless for the moment.
It isn't just useless for the moment, I am not sure it would really go that far. Just my guess anyway. Moon bitcoin however is one faucet site nobody should try out. That site installs malware easily on people's browser and you may not be lucky to quickly take note of it.

Freebitco.in however do have a good reputation for years now, so I do not have any problem with it for those who wants to use their platform for other means and whoever feels it is ok for them to earn some satoshis at their own little time using any of the functions they have, why not?
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:34:37 AM

No, it won't harm your computer. Processors are quite good at processing without hurting themselves. They have safety features to reduce the frequency when they near their temperature limit and cutout if that doesn't work.
Mining XMR and exchanging it for BTC is profitable and freebitco.in are passing on all profits to their customers, it's a bit of a gimmick to get more people using the site, but hey why not?

I think it will have some impact on your PC performance in the long run if you mine every day. Also what people earn money from this mining is very little and it may be worth to put your PC at risk. I don't know how one can calculate whether what they are getting is 100% of what they mine or after deduction. Is there any way we can crosscheck that part?
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 09:29:45 AM

I think it will have some impact on your PC performance in the long run if you mine every day. Also what people earn money from this mining is very little and it may be worth to put your PC at risk. I don't know how one can calculate whether what they are getting is 100% of what they mine or after deduction. Is there any way we can crosscheck that part?

What is that based on? What makes you think that doing processing will in any way damage a processor? Could you cite some evidence of where that has ever been observed? Processors have an operating temperature range and systems in place to make sure they don't exceed that. The result is that processor will happily function at 100% utilisation 24/7 for many years after they have been made obsolete by newer equipment.

Secondly, if you don't want to believe the site owners when they say that I guess nothing they could produce would convince you. If you're that sceptical then I guess there aren't many services you would use.

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:03:42 AM

What is that based on? What makes you think that doing processing will in any way damage a processor? Could you cite some evidence of where that has ever been observed? Processors have an operating temperature range and systems in place to make sure they don't exceed that. The result is that processor will happily function at 100% utilisation 24/7 for many years after they have been made obsolete by newer equipment.

Secondly, if you don't want to believe the site owners when they say that I guess nothing they could produce would convince you. If you're that sceptical then I guess there aren't many services you would use.

Got curios and yet interested is this works both Intel and amd procie? If that CPU both have operating temp and will still perform will after using it into mining? After your question now I'm trying to find it out if this will really works and will not affect the performance of my computers.
Fire Rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:08:16 AM

Guys, I just tried the web browsing mining and I should say its worthless. Its Just waste of time. Its better to mine directly from minergate. The only advantage what I see in this is you will get satoshis credited instantly to your account without much delay. That's it. In my opinion we will get more profit if we use minergate to mine the monero. Basically all these sites use coinhive for browser mining. Coinhive takes 30% as fee for mining and freebitco will take a percentage of what we have mined and rest will be given to us. So its just waste of time.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Razor33

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:02:05 PM

For me the mining option works but the satoshi i earn mining show up in the mining page and they are not credited in my frebitco account for some reason Sad
Tried for 3 days now... 5000 satoshi mined yet none added into my acc...
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:53:27 AM

For me the mining option works but the satoshi i earn mining show up in the mining page and they are not credited in my frebitco account for some reason Sad

As per their page you should be credited money to your account every hour if you have made anything. So maybe you haven't yet hit an hour? If it still doesn't show up then just contact freebitco.in support or message wetsuit.

Guys, I just tried the web browsing mining and I should say its worthless. Its Just waste of time. Its better to mine directly from minergate. The only advantage what I see in this is you will get satoshis credited instantly to your account without much delay. That's it. In my opinion we will get more profit if we use minergate to mine the monero. Basically all these sites use coinhive for browser mining. Coinhive takes 30% as fee for mining and freebitco will take a percentage of what we have mined and rest will be given to us. So its just waste of time.

This pretty much sums it up, yeah.

mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:58:57 AM

In order to add those coins in your account, I think we have to reach minimum requirement may be. I think there are many people trying this browser mining but I don't know how can Freebitco.in will benefit from this browser mining.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 08:38:31 AM

In order to add those coins in your account, I think we have to reach minimum requirement may be. I think there are many people trying this browser mining but I don't know how can Freebitco.in will benefit from this browser mining.

I don't know about the minimum requirements but to answer your second question it is marketing. Something that creates a bit of a buzz and gets people talking about. That will, in turn, mean people that had previously not heard of the site may have now.

jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:55:37 PM

I think it's worthless. Because it's like ripping your PC CPU for just satoshis. If your PC is old and you didn't clear it recently, browser mining could literary fry you CPU. Because in old and unclean PC's there is a lot of dust and this is lowering cooling abilities of the fans inside.
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 06:23:46 AM

I think it's worthless. Because it's like ripping your PC CPU for just satoshis. If your PC is old and you didn't clear it recently, browser mining could literary fry you CPU. Because in old and unclean PC's there is a lot of dust and this is lowering cooling abilities of the fans inside.

It is true that a lot of dust will reduce the cooling, however, it is complete nonsense to suggest that will fry your computer. It will just cause the PC to ease back the frequency of the processor, giving less performance, or even in an extream situation to shut it down.

dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:47:02 AM

It is true that a lot of dust will reduce the cooling, however, it is complete nonsense to suggest that will fry your computer. It will just cause the PC to ease back the frequency of the processor, giving less performance, or even in an extream situation to shut it down.

It won't do such things for sure, and cleaning is individuals responsibility, even not cleaning and using casually can do similar harms. But I don't think it will be profitable enough if cost of running the system is taken into account. But if the BTC price goes up and the rewards is fixed, we may achieve something.
Personally I think if you want to mine, do it in a proper manner as it is done, much better option to go for.
Kena Banned

Activity: 644
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:12:43 AM

I think there is no risk in freebitco sites. it just takes time to get bitcoin. although only slightly but it is effective to add a bitcoin wallet

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:45:08 AM

Here is is my another review about that one. I tried freebitco with four of the devices that are present in my house. Two of them are quadra core smart phones so they give me ability of four cores to be used. Then there are two iPad one is mini and one is the pencil iPad both of them are high end devices with two cores allowed to use each. In anyway all the devices are giving me maximum user of 5H/s of hash rates which is 20 H/s in total. The devices are getting heated up ver quickly so I had them kept near the air condition to reduce that effect. However, the results with these devices and that much hash rates doesn't seem to be worth it as I was able to generate 20-25 satoshi over the hours of period. That's like playing the free roll on the website itself. So it's not worthy for sure as long as you don't fit in high graphics unit to your smartphone. That's a joke really.

cryptolk

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

ENTRY Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 12:52:20 PM

will this bad impact to mobile cpus. Experienced over heating while just trying

BigBall

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:56:32 PM

That is not worth for me because I really hard can earn even cents with that way.For me it is more easy to earn in freebitcoin.in with some referrals.
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:20:50 PM

I checked it out and I have to say things like this are never worth the effort and the risk. you are risking over heating and killing your hardware after all. and at the very least you will shorten the life of your hardware while getting paid a very small amount which is negligible.

if you want to mine you have to do it more seriously, with real equipment (an ASIC miner or some GPU rigs) and with cheap electricity. all the rest of the methods will never be worth the damage.

I don't really think you'll overheat or kill your hardware with in-browser mining. It's limited to specifications allocated to your browser, so it might slow down performance but that's it. The flip side is that you're likely to make precisely nothing with this if they are actually using your hash rate to mine Bitcoin. If you manage to get anything out of this, my guess is that they are mining Monero. Or maybe they are just using you for ad revenue and paying out like a faucet.
No man! I have checked it out. If you have a lot that your PC can offer, you can increase the thread to earn more. The higher the thread, the higher the hash rate.

Now for someone who is just trying it out and does not even understand the implication of over using their PC who has probably been looking out for free satoshis every one hour anyway, may just decide to want to try this out.
Myfe

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 04:43:27 AM

Friends, I just stumbled upon this thread. I'm the FreeBitco.in community manager for Bitcointalk. If any of you have questions, issues, or feedback related to the browser mining or other services on our site please PM me!

As for the mining, it's something we're trying out in a beta format right now, which is why some of you don't see the option offered.

The value of mining in general - with as minimal amount of investment and risk as this option provides - could be debated forever. The way for it to work best is to allow the mining to happen while you're not using your computer, while you're sleeping. Crank the CPU use up to 100% and check in the morning.

Also, currently we can only update the earnings amounts every 30 minutes. We're actively working on real time reporting, but development takes time.

Any feedback for us? PM me with the subject "Mining Feedback".

Thanks.
Myfe.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: