Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:50:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me with ICOs!  (Read 497 times)
EasyGoing (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:05:13 PM

Hello, I'm new to this crypto world. I heard about ICO (Initial-Coin Offering) but I dont deeply understand what ICO is, so here i want to ask you about :

1. What is the actual purpose of ICO?
2. Is investing in ICOs profitable? or sometime could make us lose our money?
3. I understand there are always scam attempts in online network, so how to know know if the project is scam or not?

maybe i will ask more later ..
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:09:18 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2017, 02:19:27 PM by VanDeinsberg12

1. the main purpose of ICO is to raise funds by offering coin as an exchange, things work just like when you're following a crowdfunding or IPO by some company, it's to fund a startup or project to realize their ideas.
2. Investing sometimes really profitable, even if you can choose the right project, you'll have mega return up thousands percent, just see ETH and can make you lose money aswell if the project is failed.
3. Based on the devs' past experience, never trust someone who don't even have past experiences on working to some popular companies. anonimity of the devs is a big NO for investment.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:12:11 PM

Hello, I'm new to this crypto world. I heard about ICO (Initial-Coin Offering) but I dont deeply understand what ICO is, so here i want to ask you about :

3. I understand there are always scam attempts in online network, so how to know know if the project is scam or not?

1. The purpose of a ICO is to raise funds for a team to work on their crypto solution.
2. Investing in an ICO 'can' be profitable at times but requires just as much, and really probably more due diligence than any other coin purchase.
3. Yes they can be scams; more so now than when ICO's first kicked off.  Many people have seen the tens or even hundreds of millions that have been raised in ICO's.

On a note of scams... there are those that start and purposely scam users.  With some work you can identify them.  The more difficult item to identify is whether or not the project team is competent.  Giving any team, not just an ICO, all the funding up front then expecting them to wisely use it to deliver a product doesn't work.  The same happens outside of crypto... just look at all the horror stories of giving a contractor 100% payment up front and waiting for them to deliver.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
reymarkperry

Activity: 201

https://rangersprotocol.com/

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:14:48 PM

1. do you known IPO or kickstarter. They have idea but dont have money to make that idea become true so they need money.
2. ICO scam. you lost. ICO failed you lost
3. check dev profile, wait people invest, wait big news say about that ICO

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
EasyGoing (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:20:24 PM

thanks for answering guys, so basically it's like IPO but are they offering dividends or no? or the profit only come from the value on exchange? sorry for being newbie here.
dragon695

Activity: 449
Merit: 103

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:24:09 PM

thanks for answering guys, so basically it's like IPO but are they offering dividends or no? or the profit only come from the value on exchange? sorry for being newbie here.
ya almost profit come from exchange. because people need token to do something on project.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:26:14 PM

Hello, I understand what you mean.
1. ICO is an effort to collect BTC as much as possible. As for a project to be built it is a lie.
2. Profitable if the project is successful and the coins are listed in the exchanger. ICO can also be disadvantageous if the project is a scam.
3. ICO husks are visible from unclear organizational structures.
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:36:13 PM

1. An ico is a public participatory fundraising campaign in cryptomonnaie.
2. It depends on the ICO, as a rule, for an honest ICO, the first few days have entry bonuses. Always interesting to take
3. I check their team, their roadmap, their linkedin, all the stuff i need to see. Another point is the quality of the project and its relevance to be implemented on a blockchain.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
EasyGoing (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:43:06 PM

@dragon695 : understandable, but if the project stops the development or the coin's price is lower than ICO it will give a bad impact fot investors right?

@micle222 : do you mean a greedy project is only want to collect money without developing the project as good as they promised?

quite understand then.
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:18:34 PM

The fact that you are asking for help in finding the right ICO for you to invest means that you are not ready to invest yet. I suggest that please take some time in undersatndng how things work and find some legit ICO's with real use case and nice team. I have seen many people loosing money throwing money into ICO's. Good luck

Dot99lr

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:33:32 PM

You really just have to do a lot of research. There are definitely scams out there and they get easier to spot as you check out more and more of them. If it seems like they are just selling a bunch of premined tokens with no use, then there is a good chance that they are doing exactly that and just want your cash. Check out their code on the developers GitHub page and see what other people are saying about it. Most importantly, ask the team and the developers as many questions as you can think of.

There are some that take precautions to ensure that their coins won't just be bought and dumped as soon as it hits exchanges. Look at DragonChain, their market price won't even be determined until after the ICO to make it less enticing to whales, and at the end of the sale they are taking the total amount raised and dividing the coins up among the investors, and that is the price it will hit the exchanges at. Basically, there is no reason to dump right away and it makes the whole thing more stable.

That's the kind of thing that I look for in an ICO, a company that wants their tech to be around for as long as possible.
EasyGoing (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:36:18 PM

The fact that you are asking for help in finding the right ICO for you to invest means that you are not ready to invest yet. I suggest that please take some time in undersatndng how things work and find some legit ICO's with real use case and nice team. I have seen many people loosing money throwing money into ICO's. Good luck

yes you are right, i'm interested for investing but not yet ready. I decide to ask the community so probably i can get some info to light up my way.
hunker_down

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:41:00 PM

Here is a great article on ICO's and whether you should invest in them.

https://medium.com/@crowdholding/what-is-an-ico-and-should-dive-in-f712ffdef9eb

Hope this helps!
EasyGoing (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:42:44 PM

You really just have to do a lot of research. There are definitely scams out there and they get easier to spot as you check out more and more of them. If it seems like they are just selling a bunch of premined tokens with no use, then there is a good chance that they are doing exactly that and just want your cash. Check out their code on the developers GitHub page and see what other people are saying about it. Most importantly, ask the team and the developers as many questions as you can think of.

There are some that take precautions to ensure that their coins won't just be bought and dumped as soon as it hits exchanges. Look at DragonChain, their market price won't even be determined until after the ICO to make it less enticing to whales, and at the end of the sale they are taking the total amount raised and dividing the coins up among the investors, and that is the price it will hit the exchanges at. Basically, there is no reason to dump right away and it makes the whole thing more stable.

That's the kind of thing that I look for in an ICO, a company that wants their tech to be around for as long as possible.

I just got it, so many things to be considered before investing. evidently, being investor isn't easy as what i've thought before. thanks for great advice!

Here is a great article on ICO's and whether you should invest in them.

https://medium.com/@crowdholding/what-is-an-ico-and-should-dive-in-f712ffdef9eb

Hope this helps!

wow, i will reach it as soon as possible.
StockBet.com

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 03:47:03 PM

1.  To fund development of new software to enable a new cryptocurrency-based application.
2.  Yes and No.  It depends on whether the project gets built, has application and whether you can handle volatility.  If you cannot handle volatility, you will lose money.
3.  More often, the projects exaggerate, lie about their credentials or try to put something on the blockchain that doesn't make sense or is a poor fit.  The blockchain or crypto are not suited for EVERYTHING in the world.  There's even a Jesus Coin.  Also, always make sure that the project can develop software.  The only way to confirm this is if they already have built some software for you to use.

EasyGoing (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:54:05 PM

do you have any idea, which project is good to invest if in case there are beta-ready product but normal developers and high-experienced developers with no product yet?
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:01:24 PM

Already you knowv what is ico purpose,my answer for all other your questionis yes,it can be profitable
Follow basic SEC rules,untill token is not in use it can be recognised like a non-security and cant be traded
If token is in real use than it can be recognised like a digital currency and can be traded,example is Linden dollar,so before investing take a look whani co mvp prouct will be available,is there any workable alpha,beta etc.Look team,does team members have real historical experience ,check it for yourself ,find in google,if cant find better not invest,If thay provide his LinkedIn,check his LinkedIn,whan his Linkedin is registered,linkedin contacts etc
Check doas team is taking care of legal aspects,decentralization,tokenisation all that is empty slogan

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:03:13 PM

do you have any idea, which project is good to invest if in case there are beta-ready product but normal developers and high-experienced developers with no product yet?

I will invest in Spectiv,VR streaming platform

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
taibas

Activity: 546
Merit: 254

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:05:54 PM

1. The purpose of ICO is to fund a project.
2. In investing of course there is a name of profit and loss, even fraud was there (but ICO scam can always be detected here).
3. Yes it is very much, but professional dev can be recognized

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
ceaa

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:27:28 PM

My only suggestion is to avoid investing in ICOs unless you have taken the time to understand what you're actually buying. Hint: not a lottery ticket.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: