Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 02:31:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Bitcoin was centralized?  (Read 2424 times)
_Mikasa_

Activity: 234
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:33:57 PM

Bitcoin will not be as famous as it be right now if it is centralized. One of bitcoin's amazing feature is that no one can control it.
russen

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:36:29 PM

Bitcoin will not be as famous as it be right now if it is centralized. One of bitcoin's amazing feature is that no one can control it.

I have to agree with this. The uniqueness of bitcoin is what makes its worth.
arteezyy

Activity: 133

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:03:42 PM

One of best features bitcoin has is being a decentralized system. If it is centralized, it will not be as popular as it is today.

DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:22:38 PM

what do you think would happen to bitcoin economy if someone would actually take in control of it?
Then, its just like going to be another currency like we have right now. A currency that is under the government's control, in care to a so called 'bank'. I mean the exchange here, is definitely controllable. And most likely the value won't change that much even if it takes five to ten years of process.

But on the other hand, if some selected people have gained control over it, they wouldn't make Bitcoin as 'broke' as the current currencies that we have right now. I mean, its a game changer, although its centralized, still these people will surely make Bitcoin better.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
gigatux

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:43:06 PM

If Bitcoin was centralized then I guess it would have ups and downs with the currency, if bitcoin was centralized I think that the economy would be shaped very differently, maybe jobs would be different, I think that bitcoin also has a greater chance of making the economy improve higher and better, because of bitcoin things would be very different, and lastly bitcoin can be very essential, and has the power to shape the economy of one's country.  
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:09:53 PM

One of best features bitcoin has is being a decentralized system. If it is centralized, it will not be as popular as it is today.
maybe if this feature would be change or didn't exist bitcoin won't be supported like this, as many investors love taking some risk and hide
their investment, decentralized makes big players to invest as they knew that system can't be controlled by one party.
MrVuuu

Activity: 445
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:32:43 PM

what do you think would happen to bitcoin economy if someone would actually take in control of it?
It would be nice if there was a centralized service for micropayments in bitcoin so that they could be used to pay for purchases. However, bitcoin itself cannot be centralized.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:03:53 PM

Bitcoin decentralised that means no bank or government controls or regulates it, or even facilitates its transfer. It is transferred person-to-person. If bitcoin becomes centralized there is going to be more of rules and regulations involved and government involvment in the working and trading and owning of bitcoins.
As we know that bitcoin is decentralized so we to think for a while if bitcoin can achieved such a big goals with decentralizing so if bitcoin become centralized I think bitcoin will bring revaluation in world there are a lot of gates will be open to bitcoin which are still closed for bitcoin first of all every country will start to join bitcoin all banks will also accept bitcoin and its price will be I have no idea where it will be because bitcoin need only little support from countries and the rest of bitcoin know how to take its price high.
Vritesh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:18:55 PM

It seems to be impossible but if Bitcoin would have been centralized there must have been some regulations imposed on it's use.All the transactions would have been under the supervision of government.No more anonymity would have been there in the transactions.No more of usage of Bitcoin in dark web would have been there.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
█████ BRIDGING MARKETS █████
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
Calligiato

Activity: 137

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 08:41:43 PM

Then it wouldn't be 'bitcoin'. Here is many other options; dollar, euro ext.
Hamstead

Activity: 805

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:47:40 PM

I could say that,  the trend of bitcoin it won't be like this.  I mean,  not as fast as it grows just like what is happening to bitcoin right now.  And think also that,  it only have less vulnerable for price fluctuations.  Though it have controlled by someone, but it doesn't  mean that they can totally controlled everything on bitcoin.  Because bitcoin is still dependable on the flow and the market supply and demand just like the other forms of investment.
bitcoinorcash

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:53:52 PM

Then it would really change its use.The people was using it because it is decentralized in the first place it will not be a bitcoin again if the transactions that you have made will be recorded.It will also loose its current value and may come to worse which is zero.
thinkpad99

Activity: 654

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:03:20 PM

Then it would really change its use.The people was using it because it is decentralized in the first place it will not be a bitcoin again if the transactions that you have made will be recorded.It will also loose its current value and may come to worse which is zero.

I think it will not come to that, because why. It is a virtual currency, thanks to which payments are made very efficiently and quickly, and most importantly safe. It is rather unnecessary and impossible phenomenon.
my_cryptos

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:12:36 PM

I think it will not come to that, because why. It is a virtual currency, thanks to which payments are made very efficiently and quickly, and most importantly safe. It is rather unnecessary and impossible phenomenon.

Yes, bitcoin is difficult to make centralized and tied to a certain state. It even seems to me that this is impossible. The BTC was created in order to be one-off from the government.

bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:49:23 PM

Actually, I was discussing this issue with someone lately. I was also thinking no, thats not possible, but he kind of got me thinking... this might be the only way for Bitcoin to survive in the future, because if there is no control and interference by the governments at all it would be likely that they prohibit Bitcoin globally and that the Bitcoin value therefore would drop hard. We were discussing this because he thinks that BTC cant be decentralized forever.
gutavo1dias

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:52:26 AM

It's likely that the value will fall and people will no longer have the interest to invest in it. Because we know that it will also lose its meaning. Why do we invest in bitcoins? Because of the increase in its price and we have invested money. So if it becomes centralized you can manipulate its price and become a Shitcoins.
DenkoViewly

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 01:11:54 AM

In my little noob unterstanding it is not possible to take control of it. Only if you own 51% of all BTC
Yes, but the point here is "what if". So, I think if bitcoin would be centralized we would not see such prices as now and we would have to pay taxes to the government from this earnings. Those two things would change bitcoin totally and I doubt that it would stay so attractive as it is now.
There's really no 'what if' here. Should an entity (let's say Bitcoin Core) take control of Bitcoin by forcing their changes without consensus, then the community forks and the centralized version dies instantly.
There can only be a decentralized Bitcoin. There is no room for centralization even hypothetically.

Exactly my point of view also. That wouldn't be even be called Bitcoin, it is all about decentralization.
SeVenlast

Activity: 413

● KEEP CALM & HODL ●

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:13:22 AM

It seems there is someone who will control Bitcoin.

●    ●
 ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●   ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:25:42 AM

There will be massive corruption. The bitcoin economy will  fall because the demands will be in an abysmal pit.
hiscall

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:54:38 AM

satoshi start bitcoin to make it uncontrolled so if someone control bitcoin ,bitcoin will die.

you need to have more than 50% which no one can pay it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: