Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:54:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Cash?  (Read 1827 times)
Tadzka (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:04:10 AM

Anybody heard about this? Share your thoughts.

https://themerkle.com/ethereum-cash-hard-fork-opposes-pos-and-issuance-reduction/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:23:59 AM

one thing i didn't understand from this article was, how do they plan on solving the issue with "Difficulty Bomb" the article just mentions it but never says what Ethereum cash is going to do about it.
it existed from early days and there is no way around it without significant amount of change to the whole system and it will make mining impossible.

in any case it is interesting to see that "consensus" means nothing with ethereum. Cheesy

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
ggminer2
Copper Member

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:42:59 AM

Yes, it's unclear what they plan to do with "Difficulty Bomb"  ...
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:53:36 AM

it is another burning alt coins, that forking only as good as the old version of ethereum, any new new update of ethereum, the ethereum cash can't catch up and besides ethereum cash has no enterprise and real world adoption, it is just a form of coins and any further development ethereum cash cant' rival its smart contract and proof of stake solution to blockchain.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 10:04:48 AM

i sense another pump and dump is coming to ethereum.
it may even be some very quick and small pump and dump to make some money out of it but it will be an exit strategy because of the fear of hard fork and that can cause a lot of issues with the price of ETH.

the only thing coming out of it is money if you can catch the pumping part of the duo and also the fact that ETH will go back to its real low price.

--looking for signature--
stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:07:54 AM

i sense another pump and dump is coming to ethereum.
it may even be some very quick and small pump and dump to make some money out of it but it will be an exit strategy because of the fear of hard fork and that can cause a lot of issues with the price of ETH.

the only thing coming out of it is money if you can catch the pumping part of the duo and also the fact that ETH will go back to its real low price.

Yes, we will never see double or triple again with Eth. I don't understand why people like Eth so much when it have so much flaws, this contract thing is not worth billions and billions. People leaving their money with Eth probably risking to lose most of it value. It is not a smart investment to leave your money with something like Eth, people even invest in Ethereum Classic when it clearly offer and do nothing right now.

Jafri101

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:36:47 AM

Not in favour of ethereum cash. Another hard fork of eth chain will occur and again eth coin will face difficulty for a particular time period. Is that something that will favour the big whales again like in bitcoin cash they did??
btcdepo

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:39:16 AM

"Difficulty Bomb" part is not clear how it will be handle. But anyway interesting to read it.

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE  Token Exchange.
▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬  No More Waiting! Main Sale Starts Nov 05, 2018.  ▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬
WHITEPAPER | ANN | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | REDDIT | DISCORD
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:21:31 PM

interesting choice of words!
i remember always seeing a lot of support coming from the big blocker camps (aka the bitcoin unlimited attackers). and they created the bitcoin cash altcoin.
do we know who is behind this new "ethereum" cash now?

and i don't have to explain how using the word "cash" with something that is not supposed to be used as a currency according to the developers sounds stupid Wink

p.s. i am also confused about the Difficulty Bomb! Vitalik placed it there for this day, so nobody can defy him Cool

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
samy_voc

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:40:31 PM

As long as 1:1 for every ETH holder.

I assume the by issuance of ETC the ETH price will not go down We did not see the value of BTC go down when BCH when was issued. It is fine as long it benefits all the Ethereum token holders.
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:14:17 PM

Has anybody been able to find out, who exactly are the developers
and backers of this Ethereum fork?

The official website linked in the article is down currently and the
only result that I could find using Google was the linked
themerkle article.

I´m very skeptical of this fork at the moment, but depending
on the exact details it could be useful for speculation purposes (or provide
free money for all Ethereum holders, if people get ETH on
both chains).
xaviervilla

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:35:46 PM

I'm really not sure about this but, i strongly think that this fork will never work. Eth already has so mich wrong things going on with it(flaws). And the issues present is really contributing into my doubts which makes me even more skeptical about the fork. But hey, free money is awesome. And if the things mentioned in the article really come true, then i think it will really help both eth and ethcash.

And on the other hamd, I would really want to know who is backing this fork up. This curiosity is killing me. I wanna have full details so I can hold or dump my coins if i see something nice or fishy. (Have asked google but he doesn't know.)
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:10:08 PM

I'm really not sure about this but, i strongly think that this fork will never work. Eth already has so mich wrong things going on with it(flaws). And the issues present is really contributing into my doubts which makes me even more skeptical about the fork. But hey, free money is awesome. And if the things mentioned in the article really come true, then i think it will really help both eth and ethcash.

And on the other hamd, I would really want to know who is backing this fork up. This curiosity is killing me. I wanna have full details so I can hold or dump my coins if i see something nice or fishy. (Have asked google but he doesn't know.)

Well the people who want to keep mining will back this fork up, or at least they will try to.  Grin
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:16:42 PM

First, like everyone else here, I am also curious of that "difficulty bomb" thing. I do not get what it is for or what purpose will it have with the upcoming etheriumcahs or etherium itself.

Now, i think it is a good idea, and as long as i get free money, im in. Lol. But really, I'm quite excited about what the outcome of this fork will be. So my decision is, I won't dump my coins just yet and wait for the fork to take place. Imma get myself some popcorn. xD
RautK

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:17:32 PM

Hi Xavier,

Have you read this article http://www.cahf.co/

Not intended to create FUD but for awareness.. There are links to more articles at the bottom..
Do let me know your views.. and hope it helps ..
diguyo

Activity: 274

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:24:14 PM

Thing is, Ethereum is now very established and many consider it more than an altcoin now. So, in terms of a hard fork, will it have the difficulty it did with the break from Classic? Or (and I think this is more likely) will it actually be resistant in the way Bitcoin was? I don't see any clear benefits of Cash, I'm not sure about this "Difficulty Bomb" either...I don't really see why it would massively threaten the price and usage of Ethereum.

Hakims

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:09:06 PM

How do I know this is a fork and not just a token? Where can I read more about Ethereum Cash?
NaissuR

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:24:50 PM

i would really suggest to make this hard forks illegal, due to market manipulation
look at what happening with bitcoin and the whole market because of that hard fork
even if i can earn on this somehow, i dont play their game

GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:26:32 PM

This is actually a very important aspect to consider for Ethereum investors and traders. By guessing the outcome of this issue there's an opportunity to get some profit out of that... Or some loss. Smiley

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
joshmontford

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:37:29 PM

ethereum fork is just difficult to categorize. it may be good and it may not. it depends on the community. I'm thinking it may actually bring some good improvements to ethereum, and that the whole fork will be an interesting thing to observe Grin

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: