Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 07:22:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: scammers in bounty programs; what do they deserve?  (Read 1428 times)
[Frederick]

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:25:15 AM

Peoples are free on what they want to do, but have you seen an innocent doing a crime for the first time? If they get caught the first time they did they will change if they gat some warning, but we have also criminals who is doing and enjoying some crime since they are not caught until now, I think in this forum they are to be banned as the rules apply and have a very red mark for the other to be warn about them.
Rhosadah
Copper Member

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:33:19 PM

when I know the fraudsters while following a prize, I will immediately report fraud against a gift campaign manager who can accommodate reports.
the manager punishes the suspect with his reward policy by forbidding them from following each prize campaign organized by the manager.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1142

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:17:04 PM

we do have to be wary of biotcoin games, because many people are abusing or fraud on bouty programs to take coins in other words they take away the original rights that a person possesses.
In order to avoid fraud then we must keep the account held

First we have make them banned from this forum. They are the real threaten for the forumers and any people who is coming to bitcoin investment in the early time. I see DT normally taking action like tagging them with the red trust.
That will not only way to stop. If admin makes the one more moderators to check the bounties and announcements section to confirm the legit condition means we can make the more secured forum with our btctalk.
Its pointless or useless either they would be banned to this forum they do already accumulate the money that they do aim for which means they dont really care already if they wont able to access this forum once again and besides even theyre banned they can easily make use of VPN with other bought accounts  which means the cycle would really repeats as long there are foolish investors who do keep feeding to those fraudsters.

The Cryptologist

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:36:05 AM

It is quite alarming that a large number of scammers are taking part in various bouty programs to grab coins in other words they are snatching the real one's rights.
what if they get caught? should they be punished?
what are your opinions and suggestions about this dirty trend?

I think this can be easily avoided if managers are good at their job. I'm not just quite sure if you are referring to scammers that are registering  using other participants' name but using their own address. It's very easy to caught these scammers in my opinion.
tendy263

Activity: 347
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:21:49 AM

Bitcointalk should really do more to prevent scammers from keeping on scamming bounty campaigns and also campaign managers should deal with such individuals when they detect them
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:57:57 PM

Yes they should be punished most especially if there are evidences that prove that they did scam people. But mostly these scammers would run away right after they commit the crime and would not return back on this forum.
tendy263

Activity: 347

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:54:32 AM

Yes they should be punished most especially if there are evidences that prove that they did scam people. But mostly these scammers would run away right after they commit the crime and would not return back on this forum.
Yes you are right there, most of them run after taking the money and if they do come back they come with new identities
zfrey

Activity: 686
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:11:24 AM

I want to say. Some projects may be deceptive, but they are not something that managers have. That's why I suggest you go to trusted managers' campaigns.
I would definitely recommend you to enter if the project is good.
But it is the best way to punish those who share projects that are usually scam.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2926
Merit: 777

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:01:58 PM

This should really be the case but how you would accumulate evidences? We wont even know on where those funds do go thats why scammers wont really go out into this market because executing it would really be just easy.
I want to say. Some projects may be deceptive, but they are not something that managers have. That's why I suggest you go to trusted managers' campaigns.
I would definitely recommend you to enter if the project is good.
But it is the best way to punish those who share projects that are usually scam.
Not only depending on reputable managers because there are still chance for the project to become scam but reputable managers do always choose the best ones thats why its high chance for a worthy project to invest on but we should mind the risk.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
CoinSlayer

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:27:27 PM

certainly any kind of fraud is very harmful to the development of the crypto-currency community and creates additional mistrust on the part of people and officials, it is necessary to fight with scammers and not give them the opportunity to earn in this place
AmaZixOfficial
Copper Member

Activity: 103
Merit: 8

AmaZix.com - Professional community management

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 07:41:41 AM

certainly any kind of fraud is very harmful to the development of the crypto-currency community and creates additional mistrust on the part of people and officials, it is necessary to fight with scammers and not give them the opportunity to earn in this place

Any kind of fraud is harmful beyond the project or person that is the victim. Perhaps in the past, bounty programs and airdrops were less concerned about scammers and fraud because it was a free for all, but the crypto sphere has come to realize that it needs to crack down hard on cheaters. Dumping of ICO tokens upon listing is the most obvious, which hurts the projects and those who genuinely support it, but also the intended objective of widespread adoption - which is the main agenda of all bounty programs (with the exception of bug bounties).

designcoinz

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:09:35 AM

if the project has not paid it yet is not terrible. But I was caught by airdrops, who used my data for their own purposes and several private offices were hacked and all money was withdrawn. It's horrible. Now everywhere I connect two-factor authentication.
jawaher (OP)

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:22:39 AM

Yes you are right there, most of them run after taking the money and if they do come back they come with new identities

Indeed, it is happening here.
the question arises here is that how to avoid them in their first attempt to try to cheat.
I suggest that The Forum management bring some changes in registration policy.
Maybe go for sms verification to rigister here.
Claudyah

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:02:08 PM

Peoples are free on what they want to do, but have you seen an innocent doing a crime for the first time? If they get caught the first time they did they will change if they gat some warning, but we have also criminals who is doing and enjoying some crime since they are not caught until now, I think in this forum they are to be banned as the rules apply and have a very red mark for the other to be warn about them.
it can not be like that there is a rule if everything in the forum discusses a free topic from which information we will get maybe you really just want to get the attendance from a campaign that you follow but others seek information here.
rsbriggs

Activity: 427

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:31:26 PM

I think scammers in bounties should be given a negative trust or should be bound from joining bounties. This process will help reduce the rate of scam because most managers do not accept participant with negative trust in their campaign.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:55:14 PM

I think scammers in bounties should be given a negative trust or should be bound from joining bounties. This process will help reduce the rate of scam because most managers do not accept participant with negative trust in their campaign.

this method is already implemented but the number of scammers and other illegal activites are still growing because giving them a negative trust is i think not really enough dueto the fact that they can still always create a new account in order to start scamming again. there is also a problem from most bounty campaigns because they still accept members with negative trust .

Much better if theymos will reuquire a phone number or email verification before signing up an account , so that they cant just easily create an account for fraud activities.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:57:05 AM

There are more scammers now using the account of other people because they cannot just easily rank up. In bounty programs that accept thousand of bounty hunters, there are pretty much scammers right there more often than not and the bounty hunters and managers should help each other in monitoring the spreadsheets to detect those scammers. The high rank accounts are often use by those scammers with different address and they take a chance that they will be the one who will be paid instead of the original owner of the account. It's hard to monitor the scammers but if we help each other in spotting them then it would be a big help.

Giving red trust is one of the solution but what if the owner of the account do not have any intention of scamming anyone but instead his account was used by someone so this is not the solution to all kind of cases. The solution would be to post a proof of authentication with the profile of the owner of the account. Some bounty managers are already doing it upon filling up the form but for those who didn't implement it yet, I hope they will do so to lessen the scammers.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
jeni99

Activity: 169

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:32:52 PM

my advice just tighten the rules alone because the fraud can not be eliminated in every part of the work in this dunia.tapi it's just that we prevent and limit their space.
oluwatosin1

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:34:30 PM

That is the reason each abundance has rules. One of the guidelines for all mark crusades is - 1 account permitted in 1 battle, so in the event that somebody has at least two records and you can demonstrate that he is tricking than he will be negative labeled as a matter of course trust clients.
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 3601

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:23:06 PM

It is quite alarming that a large number of scammers are taking part in various bouty programs to grab coins in other words they are snatching the real one's rights.
what if they get caught? should they be punished?
what are your opinions and suggestions about this dirty trend?

best way to avoid this is make a track of users involved in scam.
Open a scam accusation topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 and give a red trust with reference.
report even in smas list https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1545652.0 if their post are low quality or just spam.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███