Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:25:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lots of ignorance on the board  (Read 4080 times)
GeniuSxBoY (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:54:52 PM

There is a lot of ignorance on the board.

To whom it may concern:

You need to learn patience.
You need to learn not to play this game if you can't afford to lose the money.
You need to learn that right now, you've only given mtgox 1 week to secure a site from every hacker in the world. Hackers have broken security to the CIA, CITI bank, the UK census, Arizona police department, Sony, and others. To advocate opening mtgox before they're ready is the most ignorant idea conceived.
You need to learn that if mtgox fails a second time, your money will not just be suspended; you will have a 0% chance of getting it back.
You need to learn that human labor is 10^9 slower than current computer processors.
You need to learn that if your account got rejected, you didn't provide enough proof for them to reasonably verify you. If a hacker were to apply and mtgox grant them access to your account with the same information, you'd throw a bitch fit. Be thankful that they scrutinize your account information to such a high degree.

Please, if you don't understand the internet or life in general, please read a book to understand the internet and then educate yourself on life in general by using the internet.

Be humble!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FooDSt4mP

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:57:59 PM

To whom it may concern:

You need to learn that right now, you've only given mtgox 1 week to secure a site from every hacker in the world. Hackers have broken security to the CIA, CITI bank, the UK census, Arizona police department, Sony, and others. To advocate opening mtgox before they're ready is the most ignorant idea conceived.
You need to learn that if mtgox fails a second time, your money will not just be suspended; you will have a 0% chance of getting it back.
You need to learn that human labor is 10^9 slower than current computer processors.
You need to learn that if your account got rejected, you didn't provide enough proof for them to reasonably verify you. If a hacker were to apply and mtgox grant them access to your account with the same information, you'd throw a bitch fit. Be thankful that they scrutinize your account information to such a high degree.

Please, if you don't understand the internet or life in general, please read a book to understand the internet and then educate yourself on life in general by using the internet.

+1

So there are other reasonable people here.

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our ass.
Webengers

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:01:33 PM

To whom it may concern:

+1

So there are other reasonable people here.

If anyone is so pissed they want to sell their mtgox account to me, let me know. I'll purchase your account, I have faith in them.
So_Cynical

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:03:13 PM

You can have mine...there's nothing in it.
Jalum

Activity: 774

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:19:31 PM

The irony is so incredible, I just can't handle it.  Thank you gEnIuSXXXXbOi!

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
AbeSkray

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:23:37 PM

Good advice, GeniuSxBoY. Except for maybe this last part:
...and then educate yourself on life in general by using the internet.

I think we already have a lot of people who have used the internet to learn about life. We need more people to learn about life from turning off the computer and going outside once in awhile!  Cheesy

I'm (slightly) kidding, Internet. You know I love you!
TheGer

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:26:43 PM

If you use the Internet to learn about life you are a big
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:29:50 PM

I think we have a lot of kids that frequent these boards Sad

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Litt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:37:26 PM

I agree with OP completely. We are all very used to moving at the speed of the net and having most of information we need at a moments notice immediately. But we cannot forget that things that break need time to be fixed and improved upon. I've not once considered MtGox to be the enemy of bitcoin and the Sunday's event did nothing to change my opinion. They are a victim of this even very much like everyone else that are eagerly awaiting to log back on to trade. They also would like you to get on and trade because it is how they make revenue. I'm sure the delay isn't caused by any greed on their part for obvious reasons. We as a community need to be patient and supportive when major infrastructure of bitcoin such as MtGox suffers damage from outside attackers.
klaus
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:43:01 PM

To whom it may concern:

+++111

GeniuSxBoY excellent !!! Every word.

- I think the louder they have scream, the less their BTC/USD Balance is.
- I hope they go to tradehill to make their micky-mouse game there.

bitmessage:BM-2D9c1oAbkVo96zDhTZ2jV6RXzQ9VG3A6f1​
threema:HXUAMT96
stick_theman

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:53:40 PM

Thank you!  This had to be said.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:56:50 PM

*clap, clap, clap,clap, clap* Cool
RandyMarsh

Activity: 237

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 04:12:42 PM

A week is still probably a bit short to implement a full enough rollback to restart trading, they couldnt possibly validate enough accounts. But besides that the main problem was that they first said 48 hours, and then postponed it day after day after day, these are timeframes that they themselves set, not anyone else. I'd be surprised if there arent even more time delays. They should have announced realistic times to get this operation completed to begin with.

Stan?! STAN?!?!
FooDSt4mP

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 04:27:05 PM

A week is still probably a bit short to implement a full enough rollback to restart trading, they couldnt possibly validate enough accounts. But besides that the main problem was that they first said 48 hours, and then postponed it day after day after day, these are timeframes that they themselves set, not anyone else. I'd be surprised if there arent even more time delays. They should have announced realistic times to get this operation completed to begin with.

This is true, but we don't need the 45 pages of bitching about it.  It's not constructive, and it lowers the usefulness of these forums.  Repeating something over and over is less effective than saying it clearly once.  You have made the point well.  Let us agree that MtGox needs to work on their time estimates and not let this thread degrade into another bitch fest.

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our ass.
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 04:28:19 PM

We've been plenty patient. We've checked mtgox every day, and every day there is a new excuse for why they have to delay the opening just one more day.

You won't be playing this game for long if you think it's ok to lose money without a fight either.

You need to learn that right now, you've only given mtgox 1 week to secure a site from every hacker in the world.
No, I've given them one more day every day for almost a week. They've never asked for a week, they always ask for just one more day.

Hackers have broken security to the CIA, CITI bank, the UK census, Arizona police department, Sony, and others. To advocate opening mtgox before they're ready is the most ignorant idea conceived.
Why were they open a week ago if they can find so many things to fix now?

You need to learn the difference between knowledge and pulling numbers out of you @ss.

You need to learn that if your account got rejected, you didn't provide enough proof for them to reasonably verify you.
They need to learn to tell their users which information is mandatory, especially when it's pretty useless compared to the information the user has already submitted.

If a hacker were to apply and mtgox grant them access to your account with the same information, you'd throw a bitch fit. Be thankful that they scrutinize your account information to such a high degree.
But then they don't. They auto reject claims with extremely good information and accept claims with mediocre information.
GeniuSxBoY (OP)

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 04:36:09 PM

No, I've given them one more day every day for almost a week. They've never asked for a week, they always ask for just one more day.

They don't have to ask at all. You understand that, right? They own and control the site.
Whether you give them 1 day or 100 days, the site being up doesn't depend on what variable you or they believe is correct.

The variable we are waiting for is whether the site is secure. If they don't think the site is secure, they are not going to open it.

You can be pissed off or relaxed, rude or polite, your emotions aren't going to change the site being up or down.

Be humble!
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 04:36:51 PM

I quote genius!

Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 04:43:31 PM

They don't have to ask at all. You understand that, right? They own and control the site.
Whether you give them 1 day or 100 days, the site being up doesn't depend on what variable you or they believe is correct.
It's still my money, and I don't really care if the site is up or not. I just want my money, and they have all the information they need to send them to me. It's the same as for all the previous transactions. If you sit and wait silently for 100 days you're just stupid, because if it takes that long it's because they've taken the money and run away. This has already taken suspiciously much time, and I'm certainly not going to give them a 100 day head start.
adaman

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 05:15:58 PM

Also fully agree with genius. I have made an transaction to my bank account 2 days before the sell off happens. The money did still not arrive. But before i start the 1000'th hate post against MtGox i wait till there service is up and working again. I think than i have better chances to start an complain about the delay. At the moment i think the guys do not know what to do first and when to get some sleep Wink
klaus
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 05:18:27 PM

It's still my money, and I don't really care if the site is up or not. I just want my money, and they have all the information they need to send them to me. It's the same as for all the previous transactions. If you sit and wait silently for 100 days you're just stupid, because if it takes that long it's because they've taken the money and run away. This has already taken suspiciously much time, and I'm certainly not going to give them a 100 day head start.

as GeniuSxBoY says it very very clear - You can be pissed off or relaxed, rude or polite, your emotions aren't going to change the site being up or down.

Yes its your money - who cares? Me not !

But you can be glad that mtgox cares it in a very responsible way - yes he did.

It is your own risk sending money all over the world to a tiny company sitting in japan. Take it or leave it.

I took the same risk by sending money to japan. As it happend i thought, ok. Its a small company, i knew the risk before. So i dont have to cry like a baby now.
- Thats so ridiculous and infantile you react. Because IT CHANGES NOTHING. ITS MTGOX SIDE. THEY DECIDE WHEN ITS SECURE AGAIN. NOT YOU OR ME. OR YOUR LOUDNESS.

bitmessage:BM-2D9c1oAbkVo96zDhTZ2jV6RXzQ9VG3A6f1​
threema:HXUAMT96
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: