Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:07:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Taxless and free society?  (Read 2634 times)
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:02:47 AM

Roger Ver is announcing that he's working together with a team to build a completely free society by buying off land in US/Europe or Asia.

Live stream was here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSF52B90xws

What do you think, can this new country be born? Could we move there in 2-3 years? Would you be interested?

Nope. My country maybe full of corrupt officials and lots of problems everywhere but I will never replace it with another country.

I've read somewhere before that an experimental society existed where there was no ruling body or government, everyone lived freely and they were from a bunch of different races. I think it was called 'auroville' and it is located somewhere at India. It was said to be peaceful and everyone there lived equally. It sounded as if it came straight from a dystopian novel. I'm not quite sure if this is true but if it were, I wouldn't choose to live there. Although fiction, endings of dystopian novels don't end nicely. In the end, some sort of rebellion or massacre is bound to happen. Despite the complications of social classes and economic inequality experienced in my country, I'd rather strive to survive in it.
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:28:26 AM

This has been brought up so many times but who the hell is going to pay for infrastructure? Hospitals? What if you break your leg? You just get shot and life moves on? Idk, I'm skeptical that it could ever work unless the 'government' in this country is invested in cryptocurrency and everything is bought with the interest made from them.

Agreed. People are now smart and you have to have something that could at least maintain the economy. Indeed some countries are tactless but they are the main manufacturers of infrastructures of other countries. Or they energy that could help them without requiring there citizen for taxes. It's not easy to be a tactless country be alone having a free society. There will be hierarchy for more organized living rather than scavenging everywhere.
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:28:55 AM

Roger Ver is announcing that he's working together with a team to build a completely free society by buying off land in US/Europe or Asia.

What do you think, can this new country be born? Could we move there in 2-3 years? Would you be interested?

i could only said wow its a great idea but i think roger and his friends need a big money to buy that land especially we know that the land price in us/europe is too expensive. but once the country is born, i think many people will thinking to move into that country and live in there. but i am not sure it will happen in 2-3 years from now on because to build or create a country will need many things and not just the money involve.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:44:54 AM

I don't know, man. That sounds good on paper but could very well be a disaster in reality. It's hard to blame people for losing trust in their governments, but they're vital to modern society. It's easy to say 'Hey, it'll be fine, we all have money and we can coexist with few problems so we don't need a ruling body', but you have to consider that you're dealing with different people with different sets of values and ideologies.

You also have to factor in the use Bitcoins to the equation, which as we know, is easily used for crime. Will you be able to trust your neighbors knowing full well they can do whatever they want and get away with it? The rise of conflict won't be a question of 'if', but rather of 'when'. It will be complete and utter anarchy.

FJNuñez

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

🌟ATLANT ICO: 7/09/17🌟

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:02:13 AM

Taxless and free society? Sure. Cypherpunks have been coming up with the goods and I can't wait to see what comes up next.

Funeral Wreaths

Activity: 177

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:06:56 AM

Nope. My country maybe full of corrupt officials and lots of problems everywhere but I will never replace it with another country.
sad to say but most of the countries have experienced those kind problem since the beginning when those officials had exist in the history. as the news of the improvements and modifications has already spread throughout the world, we cannot neglect the fact that someday the government will take their actions and maybe right now they are planning somekind of strategy to make us lose interest about bitcoin.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 04:13:42 AM

How does Roger plan to pay for his "Water World" once it is operational? He needs money to keep things going. Either the community as a whole works to deliver some good or service that can be sold for income or the money comes from the people that are living in this community. The former is called a company, the latter is called taxes.

Either way the people are required to devote personal resources for the common benefit of the community. I'd rather be able to do what I want to earn money to pay taxes than be required to do what someone else mandates I must do to meet that same burden of support for the community.

There's nothing bad about taxes. There's something bad about taxes when each of us doesn't have the right or the representation to decide what gets taxed and by how much.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 04:19:14 AM

I am not interested to move in a new country. Even if it is taxless and free society as what they claim, I am happy with my own country. Tax is the blood of the government so there is no problem for me to pay tax because it is my obligation as a citizen. There may be some problems in our country because some of the government officials use the tax for their own benefit but I believe that our country would still progress because there are good leaders who genuinely support the people.

ohlawdy

Activity: 259

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:58:11 AM

Nobody likes taxes but they are fundamental to a working society i think, i agree that there is a lot of taxmoney wasted but people and money is corruption no way around that.

There always has to be someone in charge or i believe we will fall back alot as a society.
In the end i think your view on this also depends on the country you are from and the government it has.

Musia

Activity: 518

https://saturn.black

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:02:14 AM

And what he means by the word free society, this means equality, but then it is not a country, since the country has by definition the supreme power. There is nothing of this and there will not be, but there will be complete bacchanalia.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:04:51 AM

Nobody likes taxes but they are fundamental to a working society i think, i agree that there is a lot of taxmoney wasted but people and money is corruption no way around that.

There always has to be someone in charge or i believe we will fall back alot as a society.
In the end i think your view on this also depends on the country you are from and the government it has.
You do not like taxes fees while you want your country can develop more, this is a wrong thought.
The government need have money to develop your country, like ICO projects or other projects calling for investment.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:39:48 AM

This is so stupid, who will agree to it, once you leave your country and go to this guy country, you're under his control, plus which country passport will you use to travel, since no country will recognize this country. Also if some militants attack you, who will come to save you, I don't like taxes, who does but this idea is a stupidly at it's best. I don't think this Roger guy ever thinks for others, all he thinks for himself and it's a no go.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1264

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 05:45:39 AM

No hopes of ever happening. A country is not ruled by one person sitting on the throne but also by everyone else in the country. If taxes are totally removed there is no money for the government to pay for the expenses. Now many people believe that the governments waste that money but even if they do there are so many government services that people fail to recognize and thus make such claims.

Also a free society is a false term. A society can never be free - the word society means we are bound to each others support and cannot survive without it. If you really want to be free there will only be anarchy unless a society is developed.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Casabrandy

Activity: 837

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:55:42 AM

No hopes of ever happening. A country is not ruled by one person sitting on the throne but also by everyone else in the country. If taxes are totally removed there is no money for the government to pay for the expenses. Now many people believe that the governments waste that money but even if they do there are so many government services that people fail to recognize and thus make such claims.

Also a free society is a false term. A society can never be free - the word society means we are bound to each others support and cannot survive without it. If you really want to be free there will only be anarchy unless a society is developed.
There is no chance that this such thing will ever happen, a society without a government or rules will be abused by many for the benefits of themselves only.it will only happen when everyone have one point in view in life and if they understand each and everyone.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:27:51 AM

It is still all about in a planning stage  I think and there is no physical move has been created yet because such kind of thing has never been done before in our lifetime and doing that will require a big budget financially of course and a lot of work, how do the significance of this project will help the people that will take part of it because giving people things that is free will make them unproductive.

I think it is a long time ago when a new country has been born. It is quite interested that there is a group of people that have and idea in making a new country but we must know first the essence of this project before making an action to it as this people is business minded people that will not take or make a project that is not profitable for them, Silicon valley people, if you know what I mean.

baedrill

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:53:38 AM

I appreciate him trying to advance civilization but I don't think this is a good idea. I'd rather live in a country that uses Bitcoins for daily transactions, big and small.
allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:08:29 AM

[/quote]

Swiss cantons model / Ireland model
--> still taxes, but extremely low in order to attract big bag holders and play the volume.

[/quote]

Ireland only has cheap taxes if your a big cooperation like google paypal  facebook  .Regular citizens  pay 42%  tax on there income

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:16:09 AM

Free society awakes in me association with Sadom & Hamora, or if the talk is about tax free society - communism or a village of old years where people changed goods that they produced to get products or services they needed. Whatever it would be, I support enthusiasts and I would like to see better from a side how this country is going to work.
edynolan

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:34:09 AM

very difficult in Asian countries because the possibility of the government will not free all people buy the land without any taxes, because from there state income comes automatically if it is not your country impossible will happen.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:50:51 AM

I do not think that such a thing like a really free society is possible.
A societiy is made of individuals, and when the number of individuals grows, you will have a few with questionable moral there as well.
Those will try to rule the others. The only way to prevent that is for the others to stick together, and set up some rules as well...

It's me!!!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: