Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:39:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Taxless and free society?  (Read 2634 times)
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:09:59 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 08:33:43 PM by Mpamaegbu

Roger Ver is announcing that he's working together with a team to build a completely free society by buying off land in US/Europe or Asia.

Live stream was here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSF52B90xws

What do you think, can this new country be born? Could we move there in 2-3 years? Would you be interested?
This is utopia and it is not possible because no society ever survives without the citizenry giving back as tax to the government. How is the government going to survive without that. Except OP is saying the scenario exists without any known jurisdiction and in a state of no law?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:51:50 PM

I doubt we will ever see a day when the society is tax free and cashless. It would be a miracle if something like this happens. Instead, I feel that crypto currencies could become one of the primary alternate means of payment in the near future.
The thread is only about a taxless society not about a cashless society as well, I think in the future it may be possible if we go to anarchy, while many people think of anarchy as something bad, anarchy only means the absence of a central government, that is all, people could create a decentralized government that was truly representative with todays technology.
chichan13

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:29:59 PM

Roger Ver is announcing that he's working together with a team to build a completely free society by buying off land in US/Europe or Asia.

What do you think, can this new country be born? Could we move there in 2-3 years? Would you be interested?
Maybe you should first try to understand the main concept of taxation. We pay taxes to finance the government. The government needs its finance to do its duties. There is no perfect government; corruption is born in every generation so just suck it up. There's no perfect system even that tax-less nation. If a country like that will ever born, I don't think it will last. Because 1, where it will get its finance. 2, how secured is that country (in economic, international relation, and military context). 3, how will it regulate its citizens?
willnotwas

Activity: 286
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:08:33 PM

Something similar has already been invented. Such communities were called phalanstère. Only they failed.
Singbatak

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:21:59 PM

This is a good step and good vision. Because many people are excited here especially those who know bitcoins and cryptos. But I'm sure that it's going to take some time now so many countries still do not make the bitcoins and crypto legal. So we are really going to have to push it as a money and become a cashless society and the whole world
trk

Activity: 228

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:27:34 PM

Taxless? Means no government or whatsoever? People without rule are disastrous for sure, cant even think of it happening
But lets see how it progresses  Grin

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:39:15 AM

the idea is as bold as starting a decentralize currency (like bitcoin)...watching..

good luck, someday i wish i could go to a place like that Cheesy
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:43:18 AM

Such a society is a mirrage. No tax means no ruling a free society but with freedom comes nuisance too. Have you ever seen a class in discipline without a teacher??  Then how can we expect such a country without any ruler or observer?
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:59:39 AM

maybe roger ver and co. might want to talk to this nation president?

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/915894/if-i-have-my-way-i-would-like-to-destroy-govt-says-duterte

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/916075/destroy-govt-duterte-just-fed-up-with-corruption-says-palace

https://news.mb.com.ph/2017/07/22/duterte-wants-to-reinvent-govt/

the guy is revolutionary and the country is poor..
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:03:44 AM

Such a society is a mirrage. No tax means no ruling a free society but with freedom comes nuisance too. Have you ever seen a class in discipline without a teacher??  Then how can we expect such a country without any ruler or observer?

Every extreme isn't good. A total free society doesn't work, people should try to find balance on their lifes instead of going through extreme paths that won't return any positive result. Ideas like this are always appearing, but until now I haven't seen anything successful. One thing is to ask for less taxes and fair fees, another thing is to ask for a chaotic anarchy.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Aba

Activity: 431

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:28:25 AM

Good idea, but building a country is not the same as building a property, there are many aspects to consider. and if it is successfully executed then many people will migrate to the country.
ruskytailz02

Activity: 289
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:48:57 AM

Let me know if they will succeed in makinga society that is free. Hahahahhha nowadays MONEY is important if you do not have then you'll probably gonna die
Accept the fact that there will be no free now
If this will succed then i will congratulate them but this is very hard to do
rcoins0720

Activity: 253

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:02:00 AM

This is a good step and good vision. Because many people are excited here especially those who know bitcoins and cryptos. But I'm sure that it's going to take some time now so many countries still do not make the bitcoins and crypto legal. So we are really going to have to push it as a money and become a cashless society and the whole world
Whaaaaat.. no this is not how will society will grow if they dont have taxes that is used to make their country stable and to grow their economy..
Money is life for now you can't do if you do not have money..
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:18:06 AM

Whaaaaat.. no this is not how will society will grow if they dont have taxes that is used to make their country stable and to grow their economy..

Well taxes aren't all that there is to build a country after all there are a lot of countries that are tax free. Take the gulf countries  for instance; they are being built with their oil reserves and not taxes the same can also be done with agriculture or any natural resources without taxes so i will suggest to the lazy governments to find new ways of building their economies rather than impose heavy taxes on it's citizenry.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:27:24 AM

Well taxes aren't all that there is to build a country after all there are a lot of countries that are tax free. Take the gulf countries  for instance; they are being built with their oil reserves and not taxes the same can also be done with agriculture or any natural resources without taxes so i will suggest to the lazy governments to find new ways of building their economies rather than impose heavy taxes on it's citizenry.

Yes Man .I don't know what the government doing with the collecting taxes.Nothing. Bull shit.I was in Gulf country. Here no taxes are collect from the Employee. The are free to pay tax.All they work will make their family grow fast .Our Government is not depend on people's money .So like us all country's government should make free of tax.
NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:49:45 AM

no, i am not interested because i am comfortable living in my country with my family and people around. if they really want to build a truly tax-free society, they can take people in a troubled country as a form of help from them, so they can build a new nation.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:04:55 AM

no, i am not interested because i am comfortable living in my country with my family and people around. if they really want to build a truly tax-free society, they can take people in a troubled country as a form of help from them, so they can build a new nation.

poor countries is also a source of cheap labor...cheap labor is needed to build infrastructures, roads and other essentials to life, power, water, internet. etc.. etc..
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:42:20 AM

This is a very ambitious project that I hope will become reality as soon as possible. In a more realistic view, though, I think it's very unlikely to happen. Something similar was planned to be in Liberland: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberland. Yet no government recognized this state.
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:18:12 PM

A taxless lawless land with no real leadership may sound good on paper, but in the real world it won't work and will descend into chaos. Potentially good, but it depends on how it is structured.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:38:33 PM

This is utopia and it is not possible because no society ever survives without the citizenry giving back as tax to the government. How is the government going to survive without that. Except OP is saying the scenario exists without any known jurisdiction and in a state of no law?
I think it's fine with me because I want to have a free society and at the same time it is taxless. I can see how the world changes slowly with bitcoin so there is a big possibility if this will happen to us all. We all know that tax is from our own money that circulates to everything and to use for the maintenance of the road,help other workers specially those climate victims but if we do it for ourselves to donate and support only people's movement for a particular thing that needs our small help then we can do it. Tax is a burden to us everyday because when we eat,buy groceries,go shopping and the like it always have taxes. So I agree with the idea of a Taxless and a free society.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: