Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:20:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Taxless and free society?  (Read 2629 times)
Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:37:22 PM

Roger Ver is announcing that he's working together with a team to build a completely free society by buying off land in US/Europe or Asia.

Live stream was here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSF52B90xws

What do you think, can this new country be born? Could we move there in 2-3 years? Would you be interested?
Maybe you should first try to understand the main concept of taxation. We pay taxes to finance the government. The government needs its finance to do its duties. There is no perfect government; corruption is born in every generation so just suck it up. There's no perfect system even that tax-less nation. If a country like that will ever born, I don't think it will last. Because 1, where it will get its finance. 2, how secured is that country (in economic, international relation, and military context). 3, how will it regulate its citizens?
I completely agree. His concept is a utopia, it sounds good in theory but cannot be put in practice for a variety of reasons. No taxes means no funds for the government, which means no insurance, no education or health support and so on. Even if you erase the concept of a government and just have a "Society", it's impossible. Sociology claims that without government/superior control, people would live like animals in a jungle. Unless it's implied that they are planning to live like the natives.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:27:09 AM

Roger Ver is announcing that he's working together with a team to build a completely free society by buying off land in US/Europe or Asia.

What do you think, can this new country be born? Could we move there in 2-3 years? Would you be interested?
Maybe you should first try to understand the main concept of taxation. We pay taxes to finance the government. The government needs its finance to do its duties. There is no perfect government; corruption is born in every generation so just suck it up. There's no perfect system even that tax-less nation. If a country like that will ever born, I don't think it will last. Because 1, where it will get its finance. 2, how secured is that country (in economic, international relation, and military context). 3, how will it regulate its citizens?
I completely agree. His concept is a utopia, it sounds good in theory but cannot be put in practice for a variety of reasons. No taxes means no funds for the government, which means no insurance, no education or health support and so on. Even if you erase the concept of a government and just have a "Society", it's impossible. Sociology claims that without government/superior control, people would live like animals in a jungle. Unless it's implied that they are planning to live like the natives.

Exactly, i know that taxes is a big pain in the a** but of course government need funds to operate. I know some countries in the middle east that has a zero tax policy but of course they bleed oil once that oil supply runs out of course they will impose tax on their people. It is great to have these type of dream but in reality it is quite impossible.
wallstone

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:41:57 AM

Taxation finances the government to supply its operational costs. A country with poor system of taxation never progresses quickly. No likes paying taxes, but then you also benefit from it. I know some governments in other countries are corrupt and shouldn't be trusted, but it's not the reason to hate paying tax. It's an obligation for keeping everything in order.
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:29:48 AM

I think that it is a good news. If there will a country like that exists. I will sell all my asset to buy land in there. That's really a heaven. Grin
Corporatocracy

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:48:03 AM

There is no such thing a a free society, a society with no rules.Even if you abolish all the laws by default there would be a supreme one, the law of the jungle where the one with power will beat the ass of the weaker one. Enjoy the 11k bc scenario.

The meanest one around becomes king and the cycle repeats. Paradise for those that want their heart's darkest desires go wild.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:25:39 PM

This sounds like a dream that may never come true no matter how nice it may sound. A taxless and free society is something lots of people will want but I think tax is very important in any country as it helps to regulate wealth.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: