Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:37:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum trust settings / green trust etc  (Read 475 times)
Commie (OP)

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:16:20 PM

Sorry if this was explained before but I couldn't find the description of how this system works. I had a successful deal with another forum member, he left me a feedback, so I assumed it would show as green +1, right? Wrong, it doesn't seem to work that way, it doesn't even show +1 in black. How does it work then? On the other hand I'm following one thread now where some people gave quite a few people red trust in matter of few minutes. Plus on top of everything it's totally unclear what trust settings are for, how they work, what are trust levels (and all nicknames in them) etc.
Please explain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 09:20:49 PM

Here you go: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211858.0.

* Lauda waits for sig. spammers to drop their short, and seemingly *useful*, yet useless reply or two.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bilochoa

Activity: 14
Merit: 31

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:10:38 AM

Sorry if this was explained before but I couldn't find the description of how this system works. I had a successful deal with another forum member, he left me a feedback, so I assumed it would show as green +1, right? Wrong, it doesn't seem to work that way, it doesn't even show +1 in black. How does it work then? On the other hand I'm following one thread now where some people gave quite a few people red trust in matter of few minutes. Plus on top of everything it's totally unclear what trust settings are for, how they work, what are trust levels (and all nicknames in them) etc.
Please explain.

As Lauda already gave you the link but in short the trust works like this. There is a trust network which is default for everyone while if you want you can add/remove people from your trust network. This is done to avoid fake trades and fake trust ratings. By far the most transparent and amazing way of determing trust ratings. You can trust people and change how they look to you, but for others it would remain the same.

* Lauda waits for sig. spammers to drop their short, and seemingly *useful*, yet useless reply or two.

I am sorry as I see you believe spammers will post but really I am posting only because the trust system here though is amazing but sometimes very confusing and that is the only reason I make this post.
Commie (OP)

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:54:18 AM

Thanks Lauda, it helped (well, partially lol).
This text changes color depending on the score.
Color didn't change in my case so I'm still wondering why.

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 04:51:55 AM

Color didn't change in my case so I'm still wondering why.
The user that sent you the positive feedback is not in your trust list and hence their feedback will not show any change in 'visible trust' on the profile. However, it will remain in the untrusted feedback section.

By default, DefaultTrust is trusted in users' trust lists and is typically followed for trustworthiness of an individual. Hence any trust that has an impact would be from DT1 and DT2 users (users trusted by DefaultTrust, and users trusted by DT1 users)

SM23031997

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:04:12 AM

To help you better understand take a look at this list https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust

Depth 0 -> It's you
Depth 1 -> If they leave any feedback to your profile then you get green trust + the feedback you give others help them gain green trust.
Depth 2 -> If they leave any feedback to your profile then you get green trust but your feedback won't help others to gain green trust.
Other than that comes into Depth 3 and Depth 4 and their feedback won't help you gain any visible feedback but people still able to visit your profile and able to check the given feedback either positive or negative but won't affect your account.
crypto_trader#43xzEXrP

Activity: 1589
Merit: 214

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:39:18 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 08:04:53 PM by crypto_trader#43xzEXrP

Why I see this:
Trust:   0: -0 / +10
here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1099846
if each positive vote give +2 trust score?
I see black null but I don't see green trust score.
My trust list was been set up so:
~Lauda
~cryptodevil
Epicyclic

Trust depth 2 (default). DefaultTrust note was been deleted just for test.

But I saw green trust score earlier. Pic related.
I don't know how to return it back...

P.S.: When I did disable tilda "~" from cryptodevil in this list,
then I see a green trust score for this user Epicyclic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1099846
Why it is?? Anyone can explain this?

Also, if I did set tilda "~" on cryptodevil but unset from it from user Lauda,
and then I see green trust score too.
Also if I will add DefaultTrust note here, I see green trust score for this user too, so it's not depended from this note.
I know, that this both users is in untrusted list with tilda for user Epicyclic,
so if I will add only this user to my trust list - I cann't see green rating here,
but I see the positive votes from anothers user for him.
Depth = 1; and have no any value for this. Hm...
So, how green trust rating depended from Lauda and cryptodevil?

Look at this... Depth 1. When:
Epicyclic
~Lauda
cryptodevil

then cryptodevil in depth 0 and cryptodevil in depth 1.
Lauda in depth 0 and does not exists in depth 1.

When:
Epicyclic
Lauda
~cryptodevil

then Lauda in depth 0 and Lauda in depth 1.
cryptodevil in depth 0 and does not exists in depth 1.

So this is because user Epicyclic have
~Lauda
~cryptodevil

But how from this depended the green or black trust score from votes by another users???

STOP RUSSIAN INVASION OF UKRAINE - SUPPORT UKRAINIAN DEMOS
Contact me in TOX: 653D6C2D13B6DF22C4CB93432586398858A608EE5457624A9A728BE1A9252C5DA12B894C54DB, or just crypto-trader@toxme.io.
Also, WAVES - SCAM! ;(
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: