Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:54:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trust whattomine.com?  (Read 3077 times)
Tadzka (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:52:12 PM

The question is, do you trust whattomine.com?
With my current rig, it shows that most profitable coin to mine, is ETH, and I've been mining it for a while. I have 6x AMD rx470.

Should I mine something more profitable? Please share your thoughts, thank you  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ItsMeFalah

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:56:22 PM

yes. but WhatToMine not that accurate because of changing value overtime. But this site can use as reference on your average mining calculation. Smiley
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:03:29 PM

You have to take into account a few factors when chasing the highest profitability. While it may be the highest profitability for a few hours, by the time you cash that coin type out it may not be. Chasing max profit usually ends up costing people money because they dont think about how fluid the market is and how quickly these things change. I have found that its best to stick with a coin you feel has the strongest future ahead of it since most people arent going to exchange their small amount of coin every couple of hours to max out the daily fiat gains.

Because of this, I feel like people chasing what the whattomine site tells you is the most profitable in that instance is a waste of time.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
24Kt

Activity: 1092
Merit: 67

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:54:01 PM

sure i trust them! why shoulnt i?
Johny101010

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:13:13 PM

Nothing wrong with them but I would mine whatever coin you believe in.
For example. I believe in Eth. I only get ~0.5 eth\month per 100 MHs and there might be something more profitable right now. However since I believe that eth will surpass $2k in the next 12 months, I mine eth.

crpt01

Activity: 174
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:16:22 PM

You have to take into account a few factors when chasing the highest profitability. While it may be the highest profitability for a few hours, by the time you cash that coin type out it may not be. Chasing max profit usually ends up costing people money because they dont think about how fluid the market is and how quickly these things change. I have found that its best to stick with a coin you feel has the strongest future ahead of it since most people arent going to exchange their small amount of coin every couple of hours to max out the daily fiat gains.

Because of this, I feel like people chasing what the whattomine site tells you is the most profitable in that instance is a waste of time.

I think so too.

it is not always convenient (in a mid/log term time range) to mine the most profitable coin. You must look not only to the current fiat profit but, for example, the number of coin reward. At 220 mh/s u will get 0.03 eth/day or 500 musiccoin/day. which one is better? who knows !?!?  Roll Eyes

btw whattomine is an excellent starting point for analysis and making by yourself the right decision  Wink
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 10:54:11 PM

me personally:  no.  never.

I don't trust sheep following sheep.  Take that as you may Wink

About 6 months ago when whattomine was saying one thing or the other;  I was making a killing on other algos/coins.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:13:06 AM

You can either pick the current most profitable coin based on what they say and sell asap, or you can mine one coin and HODL the coins, hoping price goes up. The second one is, of course, riskier, but the reward can also be quite nice. It's what I do as a small scale miner and it's made me quite a bit so far, especially with Litecoin.
igotfits

Activity: 298

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:24:28 AM

With my current rig, it shows that most profitable coin to mine, is ETH, and I've been mining it for a while. I have 6x AMD rx470.

Should I mine something more profitable? Please share your thoughts, thank you  Smiley

use it only as reference but take that as a grain of salt.
every miner has different methods, me personally i mine for volume not profit.
Seuss27

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:55:56 AM

How do you short list the coins you are mining for volume?
hackmyl1fe

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:43:28 AM

Serously why wouldnt you trust them. You can make the calculations yourself and will probably get very close values
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:25:33 AM

So you mine the coin you can get the most out of at that time than hold till profit is up basically Im interested in trying something different

JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 02:51:59 AM

some of us don't mine to hold....  Les risk; consistent reward.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Beicin

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:57:36 AM

Use whattomine as a general indicator of profits - but when you're in doubt between 2 coins, research them further on your own to make up your mind. Dont settle for whatever whattomine tells you without digging deeper to find the best solution available for your rig.

naykos

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:30:25 AM

Remember that the h/s you see in whattomine is probably lower than what you can get with an OCed card and a new miner. It shows 270 in equihash for a 1060 when I'm getting around 335.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:56:32 AM

i think you need to move your pool to the others and don't mining at whattomine.com again if you are having problem with them. i guess there is many good pool out there that you can use to mining. i see you have a good hardware rig so i think you can get better amount of coins if you try in other pools. for the coins, i think you can try with another like etc, monero, litecoin, and else, just search the coins that will makes you can get profit when you selling the coins.
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:38:03 AM

Whattomine is a great service but not all of altcoins listed there.
So you need to research for profitable coins if you are a reliable miner.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:59:48 PM

Dont trust them

they are consitently way way optimistic on thier reports, for instance they still have not updated the ETHereum profits with the difficulty bomb diff increase and its been over 48 hours since that happened, this means to me they are updating the difficulties
manually or with a delayed script and not polling from the the block chains directly .

In crypto you need timely data to know when you should move your rigs to another algo or currency, whatamine is too slow for this.
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:22:11 PM

Dont trust them

they are consitently way way optimistic on thier reports, for instance they still have not updated the ETHereum profits with the difficulty bomb diff increase and its been over 48 hours since that happened, this means to me they are updating the difficulties
manually or with a delayed script and not polling from the the block chains directly .

In crypto you need timely data to know when you should move your rigs to another algo or currency, whatamine is too slow for this.
They're not optimistic, the user who reads their reports is.

They give you results on -current- rates, which is what you're looking for.
Their script is a simple calculator, not a profit/price/difficulty guessing script.
It's a static calculator.

So, what they display is 99.99% accurate, at/for the moment when you click on "Calculate" button.
tazmako

Activity: 350

XDNA - Most innovative cryptocurrency in 2018

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:12:27 PM

sure i trust them!

but you need to Calculate by your self too.

i think whattomine is 85%accurate and some new alt coins not in the list.

XDNA ❱❭ Dynamic. New. Adaptable.
Revolution in PoW GPU mining | Innovation in Masternode investing
° BitGun ° T.N.T. ° XDNA Foundation °
Stable block reward even with a 10000% increase of hashrate![/url]
                 |Website| Whitepaper| Discord| Telegram | Github|                
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: