Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:53:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Real Bitcoin Value  (Read 1121 times)
denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:29:29 AM

Bitcoin does have value, but i don't think anyone can determine the real value of bitcoin itself, because given bitcoin price that always fluctuates from time to time and not yet stable for guessed how much exactly the real value of bitcoin price. Is it likely to be stable in the future and can be said bitcoin is designed to replace fiat currency? i think that's not yet be ascertained the truth.

bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:55:26 AM

I do not clearly understand what OP is saying, a link to the article would be very much appreciated. About the value of bitcoin, it is the demand that determines the price, not dollar or gold. It would be nothing / worthless without the demand coming from the community that uses it.
Graphics

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:02:04 AM

WCJ is fake news.
What is the value of gold? what ever people are willing to pay for it. same for Iphones or a tomato.
Bitcoin value atm is around 3,600$ I dont understand why they say its value is 0 but if they have some bitcoins they are more than welcome to give it to me for free.
alex 666

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:56:14 AM

What do you guys think about that?

wrong Because btc not depend on $ or gold only simple supply and demand and price will up more 
Renampun

Activity: 2338
Merit: 365

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 09:26:06 AM

Bitcoin is a miracle so I think it's just the politics of the Bankers, because they're afraid their current efforts will be replaced by Bitcoin technology advances ..

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
MostHigh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:35:37 AM

The WSJournal article says if BTC is to change dollar, its current value is 0. Plus the ways of possible transactions with BTC is very limited and it requires spending lots of energy (who can explain the part with the energy spending?).
On the other hand if in future BTC  would depend on gold, its value will be stable and it won't be opened to any fluctuations at all.

Am sorry but your article is not a good one. BTC value is zero how do you explain that. I will say a lot of energy is required to achieve some coins being it trade, mine or campaign or what ever service for value but it is still not close to 4k if you ask me. I dont know the kind of work that will pay you that much money
joseafonso123az

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:45:34 AM

These are the called, get some profit in times of panic when bitcoin is decreasing in value. Bitcoin as it's price against dollar, and it's more valuable than dollar. Well, in order to adapt to a new currency, there will always be some problems that needs to be resolved, like the electricity part. Maybe eco friendly energy used will help in this. The bankers don't want to accept change, as they will lose than the control on people's money. Let's give bitcoin time to grow, and maybe it will become a great asset for all of us.
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:45:53 AM

Rubbish thought. Bitcoin value is now near about $4K. Why did the WSJournal say that? Why does it change on the dollar? BTC future is always bright. In future, it will cross all over currency and coins. Bitcoin will be used by Everybody and Everywhere all around the world.
coinzoid

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:51:57 AM

If they are thinking value is zero, then they are free to gain some bitcoin and distribute it to people who thinks it does certainly have a value.
oxonhu

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:55:45 AM

bitcoin is not depend on $ or gold directly yes but somehow they are linked. bitcoin need users. that helps price rising. if gold price suddenly go down , gold investor will sell their gold position and they will need another solid invest when they decide btc is new gold than they will buy and price will rice. the thing is we btc ''lovers'' unfourtunately dont have such a big money to rise btc price. i remember last week after this chinesse news , some investor in once buy 21.000 btc , than price rised so quickly. so if investor find btc profitable than they will invest in and price will rice and rice.

mozillaspez

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:42:06 AM

I think the author who wrote or state that didn't search and seek for the BTC the current value as of now is above 3k$ so what is that

and also the BTC price will not be equivalent to 0 at all because of the investors who are using them like Bill Gates

and the BTC is unstoppable
Everybody know that btc is unstoppable it will go to 10,000USD soon in the end of year and will break another records because bitcoin is made to break records around the world. Because everybody know that bitcoin is unstoppable.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:56:05 AM

I think the author who wrote or state that didn't search and seek for the BTC the current value as of now is above 3k$ so what is that

and also the BTC price will not be equivalent to 0 at all because of the investors who are using them like Bill Gates

and the BTC is unstoppable
Everybody know that btc is unstoppable it will go to 10,000USD soon in the end of year and will break another records because bitcoin is made to break records around the world. Because everybody know that bitcoin is unstoppable.

And I have some cheap land in sunny Nicaragua to sell to you Grin

curb this enthusiasm. understand that the price can go to zero; the risk of ruin is real. also understand that if we see a valuation spike like what you described, that would be equally dangerous. we would see regulation and correction EXACTLY like what we are seeing right now.

as far as the value, there is no basis for valuation, or at least we dont ascribe to one. the rampant speculation is why the majority of folks are here, self included. now that ive been along for the ride awhile, im more concerned about longevity. we wont make it far, bitcoin i mean, like this.

the regulation must come. the investor maturity will follow.
emuLOAD

Activity: 328
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:57:22 AM

Sometimes the thing that "scares" me the most is the financial and economic ineptitude of so many people risking their wealth and welfare in cryptocurencies. This forum is interesting but it's become far too strong an echo-chamber for bullish banter.

Sure, I won't argue in favour of the WSJ article. It's clearly a poor hit-piece with very little merit to it, however it's important to keep a couple of things in mind, and these were true well before the intervention of any media outlet.

1. Bitcoin is materially worthless. It has 0 intrinsic, physical value.
2. Bitcoin's mining system is insanely "wasteful" in terms of energy, and is a scourge to the environment (well, at the moment it pales compared to most energy-intensive industries, however it has potential to spiral out of control, and is inane).

These are simple facts, but neither of these facts spell doom for Bitcoin, not now, not ever. The value of Gold is linked to physical usefulness of the material itself. If all the financial value disappeared from Gold, it would still be worth reasonable value just from that. Bitcoin, in that sense, is closer to diamonds. Physically almost worthless, financially priceless. Bitcoin, however, is "useful" in more practical terms, solves some real-world problems--plenty more than diamonds ever will--and is attributed value because of this usefulness. Mining expenditure comes slightly into play, but isn't really what gives Bitcoin "value".

The energy problem? Eventually Bitcoin--if it survives that is--will change algorithm, and that might be a good time to fix things up in this respect, but this is just future speculation, little we can do about it right now. There are far more pressing problems, especially regarding transaction capacity and speed, but also around security and ease of use that pose much more danger to bitcoin that farm waste ever will.

So, it's true, Bitcoin is worth 0. in fact, it's worth negative money as it's a cost to "make", and a cost to "store", but this is, at the very least in this moment in time, wholly irrelevant.
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:07:38 AM

I think it's bad news, bitcoin value is not dependent on gold and bitcoin prices can not be stable but will always go up if evenly rated, the bitcoin value of the past until now is never 0, now the bitcoin value $ 3600, you see from which side to can say bitcoin value 0.
Bittoshi

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:13:58 AM

Don't believe anything you read. The market makes the price. If anyone is willing to pay $50.000 for a single Bitcoin then that is the price. And if no one accepts infinite printed and worthless Dollars anymore, what they are worth then? I don't like articles about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies written by people who don't really understand the market and the possibilities of cyber money.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:15:47 AM

I think it's bad news, bitcoin value is not dependent on gold and bitcoin prices can not be stable but will always go up if evenly rated, the bitcoin value of the past until now is never 0, now the bitcoin value $ 3600, you see from which side to can say bitcoin value 0.
I agree to you that it maybe also an another bad news and the publisher of this news wanted to buy bitcoin at its lowest price. The news pointed not in reality but in his own view on which can affect also the readers mind.
Merovius

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 05:28:29 AM

The WSJournal article says if BTC is to change dollar, its current value is 0.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "if BTC is to change dollar" but ultimately bitcoin's value is going to be whatever people are willing to pay/trade for it in the markets, which right now is pretty well above zero.  Smiley

I have heard of the idea of giving Bitcoin gold backing with some sort of "Bitcoin 2", presumably through another hard fork or altcoin. In fact Doug Casey mentioned something like this in a recent article:

https://www.caseyresearch.com/doug-casey-on-why-bitcoin-could-hit-50000/

But then again, even if bitcoin (or a future version of it) ends up being redeemable for gold, people will still look at the value of gold vs. the dollar, so the perceived value of bitcoin could still have significant fluctuation in terms of dollars.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 05:34:32 AM

The WSJournal article says if BTC is to change dollar, its current value is 0. Plus the ways of possible transactions with BTC is very limited and it requires spending lots of energy (who can explain the part with the energy spending?).

The transactions don't require energy from the person sending or receiving the Bitcoin. The energy is spent by the people confirming the Bitcoin, the bitcoin miners.

Do you have a link for this article that you can share? Saying that "if BTC is to change dollar, its current value is 0" literally makes no sense. Help us by giving us more information.

Thanks.
RomanPetrush

Activity: 630
Merit: 123

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:27:29 PM

Real Bitcoin value is a trust between the people delivered by technologies. As well as the anonymity in transactions, so there is no central authority that choose the direction of the moves. Decentralisation is the true value.

davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:46:59 PM

On the other hand if in future BTC  would depend on gold, its value will be stable and it won't be opened to any fluctuations at all.

I’m not going to say they’re wrong, neither am I going to say they’re right. They said if Bitcoin is going to replace dollar right? Very good bitcoin is not replacing dollar, so the rate is $4000 then lol.

In a way this is kind of making sense. There is how the value of every currencies are calculated, though I can’t explain it, but if bitcoin happens to be made the currency of a particular country, then it won’t even worth up to $50; especially if it’s made the currency of a third world country.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: