Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:11:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New block detected?  (Read 1312 times)
Nalbo (OP)

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:52:26 AM

When I get a new block detected message in my miner, what does it mean? Is it the pool detecting or my miner getting a job or completing the job?

Does my mining reward actually depends on the average hash of my machine or the total hash I submit or the results accepted by the pool?
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:28:57 PM

It means that a new block was detected on the network, not that you found one or even that your pool found one. It basically restarts all work building on the new block ID instead of the one you were working on previously.

The reward you get is based on total accepted shares to the pool -- that's how the pool determines your hashrate.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 06:58:23 PM

When I get a new block detected message in my miner, what does it mean? Is it the pool detecting or my miner getting a job or completing the job?

Does my mining reward actually depends on the average hash of my machine or the total hash I submit or the results accepted by the pool?

what miner ? what pool ? what are you mining ? Smiley

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Nalbo (OP)

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:38:58 AM

what miner ? what pool ? what are you mining ? Smiley

I'm using cudaminer of scrypt, x11 and xmr-stack for cryptonote.
The specific example was from xmr-stack.

So sometimes my results are accepted quick, several times per minute. Than the pool raises my difficulty and I believe though the results are accepted every 5-10 mins, my reward wont be different?
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:21:59 PM

That is the next block on the chain, lol. It is perfectly normal. That is why it is called a chain, because there is one block after another. If you are trying to mine from home, you will see this over and over because you don't have the power to create a share or solve a block and your software will always be plugging away at the last block when the new one comes along. You have basically created a nice little command line notification system for new blocks and maybe even diff changes, cool.
Samboo

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:07:33 PM

That is the next block on the chain, lol. It is perfectly normal. That is why it is called a chain, because there is one block after another. If you are trying to mine from home, you will see this over and over because you don't have the power to create a share or solve a block and your software will always be plugging away at the last block when the new one comes along. You have basically created a nice little command line notification system for new blocks and maybe even diff changes, cool.

For me, the difficulty changes several times before I get an accepted share from pool. Does that mean my work on those difficulty being wasted?

dave4925

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:08:13 AM

new block you can ignore, it just means someone won the block reward.  It could be your pool or another pool.  You get paid for the shares you submit that are accepted and valid.

1BTcdaveJEX8SrLb62YSLY7r3W9P8XQYBN
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:38:18 AM

Yeah it just means someone else just found the previous block and now it's on the next one.  It's nothing exciting until you find your own block.  Seeing this post makes me want to mine cryptos again but I sure don't miss the heat that's involved.   
dave4925

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:12:58 PM

Yeah it just means someone else just found the previous block and now it's on the next one.  It's nothing exciting until you find your own block.  Seeing this post makes me want to mine cryptos again but I sure don't miss the heat that's involved.   

How about the noise?  Miss the fan noise???  LOL!

1BTcdaveJEX8SrLb62YSLY7r3W9P8XQYBN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: