Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:05:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the factors that affect the rise and fall of the BTC?  (Read 1928 times)
reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:25:06 AM

The price of bitcoins is largely depended on the demand and supply. This means that high demand and low supply often leads to an increase in the price.Note that bitcoins have a controlled supply whereby the total number of bitcoins in circulation must never be more than 21 million. Due to the limited supply, there are speculations that the bitcoin price will continue to rise with time.
wagi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:42:12 AM

I am also new here but based on I what have read and my own understanding, it's affected by how much people buy bitcoins and how they use it. With the transactions I think prices move that is why when people buy more bitcoins there will be less or limited count of bitcoin then prices will increase.
Your assumptions are quite true that it mainly depends on the number people buying bitcoins and how they are using it. In my opinion there are some other reasons that affect the rise and fall of prices of bitcoins as follows:
Number countries supporting bitcoins i.e. legalizing it their country.
Number of companies using bitcoins for online sale/purchase of products.

The main thing that affect the bitcoin price is supply and demand. Ask and bid.
More demand less supply mean will be high price.
More people buy, less people sell also make it higher.

You also right that number of country supporting bitcoin and number of company using bitcoin also affect in bitcoin price but i think its just include in demand. More company use is mean more demand. So all of them is remain the same.
swscowods

Activity: 419

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:53:24 AM

Bitcoin value is highly affected by the demand "the amount of a product people are willing to buy"
and sypply "how much the market can offer" law.
Cryptocurrency market can also be affected by rumors and news announcements, we all remember the impact of rumors
when China started banning bitcoin.

Many other things can affect Bitcoin value, such as governments policies (banning or regulating),
concurrence with other coins, technological innovation...
That is what I also thought few months back but now I have a different opinion in this regard. Normally or even in this case, when the demand of something increases in the market and it is available only in a very tiny amount, it is obvious that its price will rise and when we will hear good news, more of us are going to buy it.

But if this is so, Bitcoin should actually decline more as many countries like China Band ICOs and exchanges. Still Bitcoin was able to make progress which implies there are other factors that we need to discover yet.
gutavo1dias

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:41:34 AM

Some of issue, bitcoin is changing.  Rise and fall.
Most of matter that is market demand. You can go the coin market. And see the market cap.
Sometimes it rise and then sometimes it fallen down.
☺☺ Its crypto fact.
ronremsey25

Activity: 161
Merit: 101

AI SOLUTION TO VOLATILITY IN YOUR CRYPTO SAVINGS

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:49:31 AM

It is same a the regular market or like the gasoline price. The rise and fall depends on the demand or need. If the demand is high the price will rise. Bur if the demand is low then it will fall. Easily speaking if someone need something eagerly you will rise the price right.

LTCendmanagement

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:18:19 AM

It is likely that many people buy it, but few who sell it cause prices to continue rising. But do not be influenced by news in online media, they just want to confuse the atmosphere for bitcoin prices to go down, but they can not.

denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:36:52 AM

It's simple if a group of organized people start spreading FUD "Bad News" people will panic and sell their coins and dump it. And this is part of price manipulations of the greedy whales. Vise versa to good and informative news.
tanghere1

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:44:04 AM

Think of it as a simple economics. Supply and demand are the main factors that affect the prize of the bitcoin. If there's more demand than supply the prize will rise and vice versa.

Yamifoud

Activity: 2786
Merit: 518

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:04:46 AM

Though this question is repetitive but it is good to be back a lot of new comers are coming.
The biggest thing that would affect bitcoin price is the demand and supply in the market place. As we knew the trend of bitcoin is keep rising and it could automatically increase the demand on the market but the problem is that we a limited to supply in order to cover up high demand. Though a lot of altcoins might have potentials for investment but then, still a lot will in favor to bitcoin. And no wonder that it's price will goes high and high.
Vik87

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:15:06 AM

According to me by seeing all the facts and readings,I think there is no one factor which affects bitcoin market,many things like selling,purchasing, economic fall in certain country,fall in other altcoins or fiat,some news or action taken by some government etc .
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:16:53 AM

Demand
Supply
Global awareness
Rarity
Bull/bear markets
News/Events
US gov seizures
Large purchase orders
Early adopters dumping
Exchanges getting hacked/shut down

I am sure there are a lot more...
luigidosado

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:28:27 AM

Bitcoin's value increase from time to time, and it is due to the changes or increase and decrease in the demand of its users and consumers. The market around bitcoin has been a very big factor. Infrastructures, companies around bitcoin has been a big factor in dictating the present price of bitcoin. Another factor is the hype about bitcoin today. More and more people discover bitcoin and started using it contributing to the increase in value.

Bitcoinismylife12345

Activity: 231

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:48:34 AM

Hello!

How BTC's price change? What are the factors that affect the rise and fall of the BTC?
Bitcoin price change depends on it's demand, the more the people using it the more its value is increasing. This cryptocurrency is becoming popular everyday, as the day passes, they discover what is the real bitcoin is and gets interested to it, making bitcoin price more valuable.
ateebshaikh290

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:53:59 AM

There are many factors which affect the rise and fall of BTC, some are listed blow:

1) Government Regulation: Each time a government releases official statements about the regulation of digital currencies, the price of bitcoin is normally affected.
2) Media Influence: Media hype can easily lead to an increase in the price, while negative news can lead to a decline in the price.
3) Stability of the Bitcoin Network: Stability of the bitcoin network is a major factor that most bitcoin enthusiasts are concerned about. Most people want a secure network where they will not lose their money.

I think that bitcoin it is also affected by the peoples that how they use it.
Webberson

Activity: 602
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 05:57:05 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 06:10:34 AM by Webberson

The facts that affect the rise and fall of bitcoin differs. But let me quickly highlight some; you have market manipulation; demand and supply; technological changes and innovations, amongst many others.
It would also interest you to know that the same factor(s) that affects the currency positively, could also, in some cases affect it negatively, when the reverse is the case, which in turn could lead to the fall of the currency.

btccointalk

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:13:19 AM

For me too, it is only the good and bad news about the bitcoins that causes the rise and fall of bitcoin's price.

Stooked

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:11:58 AM

Hello!

How BTC's price change? What are the factors that affect the rise and fall of the BTC?

price change because demand and supply change when bitcoin have huge demand price will totally rising.

also network and government can effect "they can control demand " 

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:18:36 AM

it seems clear that good and bad news can affect bitcoin prices.
which I want to ask why is there a lot of bad news about bitcoin recently?
what is their purpose to spread the word?
Yes, the news matters a lot. Recently we saw a bad news about bitcoin as you mentioned. Perhaps you were talking about the news that china is banning bitcoins. The price for bitcoin fell a lot these days after the news that china is banning bitcoin exchanges. I do not yet know the real news about this but i think this news was spread for making profits n selling bitcoins when they are high.

A small group of people can't change the price for bitcoins as the currency is now unreachable but it can be perhaps changes by a group of peoples or any association. This is the major pump and dump perhaps which would be used for making profits. The similar news was spread in 2013 about china banning bitcoins and even some peoples made a good profit in bitcoins by selling buying them at that time.
Well news are a factor on how it can affect the price of Bitcoin but have you seen the price lately? Every bad news from Bitcoin being banned as a mode of payment to bad comments by CEOs of big companies seems to be brushed off as the price is still surging that it looks like the bad news doesn't really affect the price at all. Bitcoin's price surge lately makes people who commented bad things about it eat their own words, it really now depends on how the market will react to the buying and selling pressures made by our co-traders.
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:03:32 AM

I think the main factor is the investors and buyers, though we can't see their names we can assume that businessmen are investing on bitcoin because of controversial it had been. It can affect the increase and decrease of bitcoin as demand and supply law.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: