Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:23:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How are you hedging the upcoming Segwit2x fork?  (Read 1694 times)
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:52:07 PM

I am going to hedge this event with my Ethereum bag and some other altcoins like waves or stratis. They could show up some nice movesments with the upcoming hardfork!
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:53:19 PM

To mitigate the risk, it's probably best to have part of your money in Bitcoin and part in other well established coins like Ethereum for example. By keeping BTC you might win some free coins, but also loose quite a bit of money if it goes badly.

you are a crazyhead. alts are about to meet their day of reckoning.

what does a $400 eth do any better than a 50c eth?

alts are not a hedge. they're a bet on top of a bet. if you want to hedge then use dollars, and real ones, not usdt.

regarding the original question, there won't be a fork and so there's no need to hedge.
ChromaticStar (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:53:43 PM

To mitigate the risk, it's probably best to have part of your money in Bitcoin and part in other well established coins like Ethereum for example. By keeping BTC you might win some free coins, but also loose quite a bit of money if it goes badly.

you are a crazyhead. alts are about to meet their day of reckoning.

what does a $400 eth do any better than a 50c eth?

alts are not a hedge. they're a bet on top of a bet. if you want to hedge then use dollars, and real ones, not usdt.

regarding the original question, there won't be a fork and so there's no need to hedge.

There may still be a fork, but the rhetoric has changed quite a bit from when I first posted this. BTC is exploding higher, the alts are being destroyed. More NYA signatories are reversing or at least toning down their original position on 2x. I haven't placed any hedges yet and I don't think I'm going to now.
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:08:50 PM

Now I'm out of altcoins. Only 15% btc and 85% teether USD. I'm planing to buy btc just before 25 October and make good profit  Cool
And why did you have so much of your money on USDT? Bitcoin has gone up consistently for the past weeks, it was obvious that as the fork got closer that the price was going to go up what you have done has cost you money maybe you are going to get a profit in terms of dollars but if you had kept most of your money in bitcoin then you could have made way bigger earnings than the ones you are going to make.
holtzmann

Activity: 179
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:51:29 PM

So much FUD around the hardfork again. My personal view on this - don’t fall into panic and keep calm. Overall, we got beyond the previous fork without serious consequences. I am not planning to sell out or something; will keep my btc as usual, hoping for new free coins.  Roll Eyes
wxa7115

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:32:29 PM

So much FUD around the hardfork again. My personal view on this - don’t fall into panic and keep calm. Overall, we got beyond the previous fork without serious consequences. I am not planning to sell out or something; will keep my btc as usual, hoping for new free coins.  Roll Eyes
This is what I’m doing as well, people love the forks because it allows them to speculate for months about the price of bitcoin and this new forked coin but I’m the kind of guy that just prefers to avoid risks, I’m going to keep holding my bitcoin and if the miners keep forking bitcoin and they want to give to me free coins then who I am to refuse free money.
Michael X

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:01:27 PM

No one knows what might be this time. As people here say - don’t keep it in one place and it would better not be an exchange. There were many major platforms such as bitstamp or coinbase that didn’t accept bch at the beginning. And even if they did eventually, the situation was absolutely uncertain before AUG1st.
ChromaticStar (OP)

Activity: 217

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:47:31 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 03:48:55 AM by ChromaticStar

So much FUD around the hardfork again. My personal view on this - don’t fall into panic and keep calm. Overall, we got beyond the previous fork without serious consequences. I am not planning to sell out or something; will keep my btc as usual, hoping for new free coins.  Roll Eyes
This is what I’m doing as well, people love the forks because it allows them to speculate for months about the price of bitcoin and this new forked coin but I’m the kind of guy that just prefers to avoid risks, I’m going to keep holding my bitcoin and if the miners keep forking bitcoin and they want to give to me free coins then who I am to refuse free money.

This isn't free money, it is diluting the market of BTC everytime there's a fork. Your BTC's value just got split into two coins instead of one. If you forked BTC 100 times, the sum total of all the forks would be the worth of a single BTC chain. These forks are not a good thing and people need to stop thinking about this like it's 'Free' coins, it's not. At the moment, the market is pricing in around an $800 decline in BTC due to this fork since it's pricing in around an $800 price for B2X. In other words, everyone is going to pay for this new Bitcoin chain whether they want to or not.

https://www.bitfinex.com/stats
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:51:18 AM

I am so done with forks.. this one I still havent decided what to do though because this one will probably trade for a larger amount than the BTC gold.. although with that said.. enough's enough.  Starting to really hurt the branding of the coin itself.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:33:38 AM

No, what would be the reason for that? There is nothing to worry about, just like the last time and the time before that. So, what can you say to these people that is going tom scare them more than the facts are going to show them? There may have been ways that the people could be manipulated a few weeks back, but this is just not going to happen this time and there is nothing that you can do to change that, but keep trying.
holtzmann

Activity: 179

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:19:39 AM

No one knows what might be this time. As people here say - don’t keep it in one place and it would better not be an exchange. There were many major platforms such as bitstamp or coinbase that didn’t accept bch at the beginning. And even if they did eventually, the situation was absolutely uncertain before AUG1st.

Sure, you are right. I am not keeping all in one place. But I still have some on cex as it notifies about 2x support https://blog.cex.io/news/segwit2x-bitcoin-gold-16616
Michael X

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:23:49 PM

Sure, you are right. I am not keeping all in one place. But I still have some on cex as it notifies about 2x support https://blog.cex.io/news/segwit2x-bitcoin-gold-16616
It’s up to you of course. And given the replies above, you are definitely not alone
wxa7115

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:42:48 PM

So much FUD around the hardfork again. My personal view on this - don’t fall into panic and keep calm. Overall, we got beyond the previous fork without serious consequences. I am not planning to sell out or something; will keep my btc as usual, hoping for new free coins.  Roll Eyes

This isn't free money, it is diluting the market of BTC everytime there's a fork. Your BTC's value just got split into two coins instead of one. If you forked BTC 100 times, the sum total of all the forks would be the worth of a single BTC chain. These forks are not a good thing and people need to stop thinking about this like it's 'Free' coins, it's not. At the moment, the market is pricing in around an $800 decline in BTC due to this fork since it's pricing in around an $800 price for B2X. In other words, everyone is going to pay for this new Bitcoin chain whether they want to or not.

https://www.bitfinex.com/stats
It is, since I’m getting those air dropped coins anyway, it is not like those forks just takes our coins in that new chain, if you had 1 BTC in the original chain when it forks then you have 1 unit in the new chain, and if you add them all then you get all the money from the original chain and the forks, only those that sell those coins can lose in the long run if one of those forks lives for long enough to become a success on their own.
rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:48:44 PM

the best hedge is to hold them both and not to make a sell decision before a winner is announced. Personally I want a chain that have devs to support it and a roadmap that can not be controlled by any parties but actual users, there is unfortunately not going to see a compromise in the coming days so we might have to brace for impact.
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:13:20 PM

Ive hedged with Bitcoin Cash (BCH)

https://www.yours.org/content/predicting-the-outcome-of-the-november-bitcoin-fork-89914ce0e1f5/?utm_content=bufferf3dec&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

https://news.bitcoin.com/fork-watch-the-chain-with-less-hashrate-could-come-to-a-screeching-halt/

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: