Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:44:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This sums it up well.  (Read 6171 times)
myrkul (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 04:52:05 AM

59.7% in taxes?!?!?!?!?!?!? BULLSHIT (and who the hell is "the above average citizen"?)
Read the site. The "above average" citizen is one that qualifies for all of those various taxes. ie, one that pays income taxes, has a corporation, owns land, drives, and qualifies for the "other" 5%.

I've never met anyone that paid 50%+ in taxes. And my stepdad and dad both own companies and land.
Still haven't clicked the site and looked at the breakdown, have you?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:52:23 AM

I still don't get how we're justifying robbery at gunpoint.
The usual refrain is "Think of the chiiiiildren!!!"

According to this funny lookin thing, the children are the last people on anyone's mind Cheesy  Shame, they're the ones who have to worry about it.

FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 04:54:49 AM

59.7% in taxes?!?!?!?!?!?!? BULLSHIT (and who the hell is "the above average citizen"?)
Read the site. The "above average" citizen is one that qualifies for all of those various taxes. ie, one that pays income taxes, has a corporation, owns land, drives, and qualifies for the "other" 5%.

I've never met anyone that paid 50%+ in taxes. And my stepdad and dad both own companies and land.

I don't need to. We are talking about welfare recipients and how much they are taxed, not "the above average citizen".

I say they need more pay so they aren't on welfare

You say not to tax them so much, or give them welfare

Your link is irrelevant to either topic.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
wdmw

Activity: 199

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:56:58 AM

I don't need to. We are talking about welfare recipients and how much they are taxed, not "the above average citizen".

Since when do you care about topic relevance?
FinShaggy

Activity: 196

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 04:57:53 AM

Since when do you care about topic relevance?

Lol, yeah because I'm the one that gets off topic in the Bitcoin town thread. LOL

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 05:04:07 AM

Then I should point out that:
Federal income taxes average about 17%.
State and local income taxes average about 10%.
Sales tax averages about 9.7%
Social Security and Medicaid is 7.65% (technically 15.3%, since the employer pays half of that, and without that, they could afford to pay the employee an additional 7.65%.)
So the total the "below average" citizen, one that doesn't own any property, and doesn't drive, is paying is about 44%. If you include the other 7.65% that they're missing out on, that brings it up to about 52%.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 05:07:01 AM

Actually, I'm saying that if they weren't taxed so hard, they wouldn't need welfare, and what little help they did need could be taken care of by private charity. Minor difference, but it's important.

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 08:57:53 AM

The problem is, if you rely on charity, the unevenness of the society will become extremely high, people are willing to lose a couple of percent in a transaction or exchange, so does their willing to contribute as charity

Banks will get 100 million for themselves before you get a chance to earn 1 million

I think certain kind of coercien is needed to get a good habit, just like brushing your teeth, you did not get used to it from the beginning

xavier

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 09:04:29 AM

There is no problem in capitalism. There is a problem with governments interfering with capitalism. These governments just need to get lost!
Jobe7

Activity: 238

Now they are thinking what to do with me

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:35:26 AM

The poor will depend on the system. No way around it when you're born in a mud hole and told you won't be shit EVER. Not saying this is always the case but I'm surely seen it with my own eyes.. Most people that start at the bottom stay there because:

1. their born into poverty
2. lack education
3. skill-less and unmotivated

The third being a direct effect of the previous.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man how to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime. Give a man a fish every day, he'll depend on your good graces to survive.

You forgot;

"And beat a man with a fish if he tries to go and fish his own, because it's your (government) land that he's trying to fish from."
bitcryptonit

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:35:38 AM

There is no problem in capitalism. There is a problem with governments interfering with capitalism. These governments just need to get lost!
capitalism is a problem because if you run it forever in a test ground then you will end up with one person holding everything while the rest holds nothing. Because rich gets richer faster the richer he is. This is why people are trying to take somehow from the rich and give to poor so they have slight chance to catch up.

oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:38:03 AM

capitalism is a problem because if you run it forever in a test ground then you will end up with one person holding everything while the rest holds nothing. Because rich gets richer faster the richer he is. This is why people are trying to take somehow from the rich and give to poor so they have slight chance to catch up.

How can someone so stupid ending up with everyone's money...

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
bitcryptonit

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:41:52 AM

because he buys everything up like factories, houses etc? and earns more and more money?

Ekaros

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:55:15 AM

By being smart, but greedily stupid at same time...

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:03:20 AM

because he buys everything up like factories, houses etc? and earns more and more money?

What use is his money without an economy? Plz, they are not that dumb, and that's why the trade of investment has existed since time immemorial.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 12:57:25 PM

Wow, I just did a calculation and if you work 40 hours a week for 4 weeks @ $8/hr you only get $1,200

Erm what?

Given the rest of your posts I should not be surprised ...
ktttn

Activity: 126

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 01:29:17 PM

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 03:46:50 PM

Have you actually thought this through? Do the people in your test ground not need to eat, or need any other services?

bitcryptonit

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:44:31 PM

Have you actually thought this through? Do the people in your test ground not need to eat, or need any other services?
this is why i said its test ground and not real life, in real life people are dying, wasting they wealth etc but the point stands. capitalism is not fair because it allows people to earn money for example by renting they flat and getting money for nothing while others have to hard work to get one for years. Or another example is capitalists who often use people as slaves and as a way to earn money for themselves and not to fair share their profit between people who worked on this too.

myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 05:02:21 PM

this is why i said its test ground and not real life, in real life people are dying, wasting they wealth etc but the point stands.
No, in real life the rich people employ the less-rich, and pay them to provide the things they need. This is called the "economy," and it ensures that people are rewarded only inasmuch as they help others. This is, in fact, how the rich man got rich, by providing goods or services to many people.

capitalism is not fair because it allows people to earn money for example by renting they flat and getting money for nothing while others have to hard work to get one for years.
Do you think that they did not have to work hard for years to afford that flat, as well? Do you think that they do not need to maintain that flat in livable condition in order to maintain that income? Do you not see that by doing so, they are relieving the renter of that responsibility?

Or another example is capitalists who often use people as slaves and as a way to earn money for themselves and not to fair share their profit between people who worked on this too.
I assume you're speaking of wage labor, and not literal slavery? Did you ever think that maybe, the wages are that worker's fair share? If I give you a short video to watch, will you listen to the tale of Edgar the exploiter?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFbYM2EDz40

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: