Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:28:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing vs Trading and why?  (Read 2518 times)
jamalnasir (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:45:08 AM

Hi everyone...

Just a newbie and am planning to put some money into crypto. Now the thing which is stopping me is whether I should go for trading as the currency is volatile and can give some quick gains or buy it and sleep over it for a few years. Or should I go with 50% trading and 50% investing.

Need experts guidance please
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:56:07 AM

Just a newbie
I suggest you do not invest first, you can get token of a project for free just by like and share each post of their facebook page, it's good for you to understand about crypto currency rather than having to spend money.
voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:25:20 AM

investing and trading are 2 totally different emotions   , also trading is all build on emotion , that is also the reason that i learned to keep my coins and do not trade them anymore , if you use money that you can miss , it is a lot aesier to hold them for the long term

my advice would be to hold coins in long term because trading isn't so easy as it sounds like and crypto just begin and your investment could (possible) only grow

and this is also a good one , a lot off  coins are given for free (signature twitter-bounty) so maybe you can getin cheap and see what it does
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2092

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:38:04 AM

Hi everyone...

Just a newbie and am planning to put some money into crypto. Now the thing which is stopping me is whether I should go for trading as the currency is volatile and can give some quick gains or buy it and sleep over it for a few years. Or should I go with 50% trading and 50% investing.

Whatever you do, if you're new to crypto you shouldn't be trading. Trading cryptos is risky / hard enough as is, moreso if you're not familiar with the market.

Additionally, try to focus on BTC. While some alts may have merits on their own, many of them are just ways to extract money from newcomers.
jamalnasir (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:40:32 AM

Just a newbie
I suggest you do not invest first, you can get token of a project for free just by like and share each post of their facebook page, it's good for you to understand about crypto currency rather than having to spend money.

free coins? well, I tried dodge but did not get anything on my wallet...
jamalnasir (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:43:01 AM

Hi everyone...

Whatever you do, if you're new to crypto you shouldn't be trading. Trading cryptos is risky / hard enough as is, moreso if you're not familiar with the market.

Additionally, try to focus on BTC. While some alts may have merits on their own, many of them are just ways to extract money from newcomers.

thanks, I know trading is quite risky. However I think I should have been a little clear. What I meant was that buying on low and selling on high. Like recently when the price dropped to 3000USD I could have bought some and sold at 4000+. 

altcoins, I mean like top 5 or 10 of them, like the ones mentioned here https://coinmarketcap.com/

What do you think?
sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:46:07 AM

I suggest you look for more promising coins and keep them over time rather than trading.  Trading requires more than just buying and exchanging.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
usmanov123

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Chikuntv

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:17:27 PM

I think in both cases one should study a lot and expecting to get a bunch of free money is very naively. but price of BTC will grow most likely so yeah investment seems better imho
sabbathhawk

Activity: 266
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 01:30:36 PM

Personally I've choose to invest. For trading you need skills and knowledges. Under skills I mean your psychology, type of character etc. Under knowledge I mean not only technical analysis but also political, technical and development process of coins. In order to be successful trader you need to be very good in all these points. So, you need to spend all your 100% of time to trade, study, learn and follow community, news, rumors and other bullshit.
For investing it is much more easier, today you are free and you can check for projects and find a good one. If you do not have time you'll does not loose anything

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:49:42 PM

Invest first, then you need to study about trading. You research by your own, learn from the experts. I suggested also to you to learn the candles or the chart of particular coin. Trading is also a risky,  if you don't want to get trapped, then you need to be patient in profits. You need to know where to exit.
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:03:07 PM

I suggest that you trade all your bitcoin to a more stable one (choose from leading coins) and secure it for a long time. ETH is one good example that I can give due to the active development and promotion. AFAIK, Vitalik is now targeting visa transactions soon - source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/vitalik-buterin-ethereum-will-have-visa-scale-transaction-capacity-in-2-years . You can also try with waves and ripple if you have more funds to trade. If you want a lesser risk, buy bitcoin with cash and don't trade it with any coin. (My suggestion only works if you want some free time in RL and don't want to consume a lot for crypto trading)
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:39:27 PM

Investing is for the lazy and trading is for the adventurous and those who are paranoid about price changes. I admit that I'm a lazy person and I only trade when I feel like it or if there's something interesting coming out, but most of the time my money is directed towards investing in a long time.

Also, just a suggestion, don't put your money first into either trading or investing. Just check and learn as much as you can before getting heavily involved.

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 03:47:07 PM

I quote this part of your post because learning how to trade, profitably, requires experience and gaining that experience takes time. Do you have time and money to fail a bit before you start to succeed? If not, I'd recommend a buy and hold investment approach.

Buy some coin, let it sit. When you see a pull back buy some more, and so on. That way you're not selling too loo but rather timing your buying on the dips. It's a beginner's way to trading.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3841

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:30:46 PM

Just a newbie

free coins? well, I tried dodge but did not get anything on my wallet...

Don't focus on the free stuff. Grab a small number of bitcoin, then do research alot about it. That's a much better plan than just going in on something just because you want to earn money. Newbies always tend to overlook the great technology around bitcoin and blockchain technologies in general.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tekinvestment

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:16:36 PM

I agree. I recommend understanding how the Crypto Market works, spend hours educating yourself how to invest and trade, and understand the tech as well. Over preparation will never hurt you
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:24:54 PM

Investing is for the lazy and trading is for the adventurous and those who are paranoid about price changes. I admit that I'm a lazy person and I only trade when I feel like it or if there's something interesting coming out, but most of the time my money is directed towards investing in a long time.

Also, just a suggestion, don't put your money first into either trading or investing. Just check and learn as much as you can before getting heavily involved.

I agree with you and that Investing here means putting/spending your money on something and let it grow. But there are many kinds of investment,you can invest also time,money and effort for trading. In investing there are also risk involved, because most money invested in stocks etc are also being traded.

Open for Campaigns
RenBct

Activity: 233

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:14:59 AM

For me you should trade first because it will make you more productive rather than investing because if you invest you will not know how to earn profit if you dont know the basics of trading.

mustafizur8400

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 05:31:41 AM

This is really a good question. I think every one should monitor the market price regularly and must be aware of what is going on in coin market. Should not stay away or sleep after investing . you can earn maximum profit by making both long term and short term investment. Short term investment can be traded regularly at a small profit margin that will turn into many times of your investment after few years.
Rotsor

Activity: 309
Merit: 102

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 05:40:55 AM

Investing is a lot better for stress levels as well as profits. All you have to do is buy and hold BTC since it's supply is limited. If you trade you are losing precious bitcoins that will continue to become more valuable.

tukagero

Activity: 994
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:22:05 AM

I go for investing, cause once the ico ended and the token were listed on an exchange you have two options ,sell and get the amount youve invested or wait a little bit longer for the price to pump up.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: