Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:15:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing vs Trading and why?  (Read 2516 times)
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 05:22:51 PM

Since you are a newbie, I would suggest you to first of all study and understand the market behaviour. Trading is something that you do in a short-term, probably a day or week. In investing, the period varies from 3 months to 10/20 years so if you think you are flexible enough to take quick decisions and analyse the situation in less time then trading is suitable for you and if not then consider investing because you get some time to make any decision. You can start with the lowest possible amount to understand the market behaviour and build your strategies according to it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maynguyen

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:55:28 PM

50% I think you should buy bitcoin and hold it for a few years you can earn quite the $ 50 left you should choose the top coin on the coinmarketcap and buying them would be safer for you if you is a new entrant and marketer of cryptos

Tennisfortwo

Activity: 130

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:26:30 PM

Great question me and a few friends who just joined crypto are battle-ing with the same question as well. I can not give you strong advice because I am new but I can tell what I learned so far and do with it as you like. If I would start over with the knowledge I have now then I would not invest my own money in altcoins but I would in bitcoin & eth. I did not know what a hardfork was and boy I know now lol. The money I would put in altcoins would come from free money you get when you like twitter or facebook for a new coin. As for trading I would use only free given money because it is trial and error. On youtube you can find a lot of helpfull tips and tools to use when you trade. If you analyse the news and statistics and know what the market will do you can place a safer bet. Good luck!
Kyrgyzguy

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:22:10 AM

I think that with the investment you can get a good profit, if you know where you are investing in and if you know how to invest, but if you are a beginner in this then it's better not to do it because you can lose your money.To start trading, you need to consult with the person who is doing this. Because trading is a very dangerous job for your money if you are a beginner. In contrast to investing in trading, every second is important. I think the easiest way but less prone is investing, and trading heavier but more lucrative
chefcryptoshark

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:58:14 PM

Hi everyone...

Just a newbie and am planning to put some money into crypto. Now the thing which is stopping me is whether I should go for trading as the currency is volatile and can give some quick gains or buy it and sleep over it for a few years. Or should I go with 50% trading and 50% investing.

Need experts guidance please

Whatever you do, if you're new to crypto you shouldn't be trading. Trading cryptos is risky / hard enough as is, moreso if you're not familiar with the market.

Additionally, try to focus on BTC. While some alts may have merits on their own, many of them are just ways to extract money from newcomers.

Agreed. There is a mentality required to trading that is paired with key knowledge of tradings and mechanics. Emotional investors are the ones that experienced ones eat for breakfast.
cryptokath19

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:54:29 AM

Hi everyone...

Just a newbie and am planning to put some money into crypto. Now the thing which is stopping me is whether I should go for trading as the currency is volatile and can give some quick gains or buy it and sleep over it for a few years. Or should I go with 50% trading and 50% investing.

First i advice you to buy Bitcoin atleast 50% because you will earn everytime Bitcoin goes up so better to hold it. Second is try to self trading, just watch on YouTube or ask your friends to help and guide you on a simple basic trade like Buy low and sell high.
surbanaB

Activity: 189
Merit: 12

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:50:29 AM

Hi everyone...

First i advice you to buy Bitcoin atleast 50% because you will earn everytime Bitcoin goes up so better to hold it. Second is try to self trading, just watch on YouTube or ask your friends to help and guide you on a simple basic trade like Buy low and sell high.

buy at low price and sell at high price but this is very difficult to do. it request you have to a lot of experience in trading

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
Sab11

Activity: 524

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:21:23 PM

For me trading because trading can make your money double tripple etc in short trading is best way to earn more profit but risky, investing is takes long time to earn profit.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
soupyyo

Activity: 184

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:58:39 PM

As for me investing more lucrative. But i trying to combine trading and investing.
Guber4

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:44:19 PM

You should learn and do your own research. And you have to gain experience.
You need to trade a little with small amounts at first, just to get a feel and knowledge.
After that you will be vise.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Bobby_D

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:17:19 PM

Cryptocurrency is the best leverage asset. Therefore it's better not to use Bitcoins and other cryptos for payment purposes, but for investments. Morever, there are some services that allows u to take a loan in fiat money using your crypto assets as a collateral.

Apollonia 〇 | HEALTHCARE ECOSYSTEM
https://apollonia.io
LeapTokenSale

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:18:10 PM

Both of them require a lot of research, time, and attention. Choose from where to start and be consistent, considering the risks which exist in both trading and investing.
termonator61

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:20:36 PM

Investing is a very risky way of earning money. I prefer trade. This method is slightly more reliable. And gives faster result. But investing has its advantages. This is a long-term investment that can bring good results.
bitgov

Activity: 1554
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:45:18 PM

Hi everyone...

Trading cause everything is depended on you not on market and your luck but knowledge and experience so i just consider that it is better option.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
sadirmrida

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:01:04 PM

Although  investment and trading are different.  One Newbie member  not possible  invest money  without risk.

Time and tide wait for none
gmf1000

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

Play2Live presale starts on 5th December

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:58:27 PM

Investing is a very risky way of earning money. I prefer trade. This method is slightly more reliable. And gives faster result. But investing has its advantages. This is a long-term investment that can bring good results.

we can actually do both... Investing some for a long term, and do the buy low sell high trading in a short term...

Since you are a newbie, I would suggest you to first of all study and understand the market behaviour. Trading is something that you do in a short-term, probably a day or week. In investing, the period varies from 3 months to 10/20 years so if you think you are flexible enough to take quick decisions and analyse the situation in less time then trading is suitable for you and if not then consider investing because you get some time to make any decision. You can start with the lowest possible amount to understand the market behaviour and build your strategies according to it.

yeah, to be successfull in trading and investing, you need a good skill to analyze the market behaviour... and maybe some luck would help too ~

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:40:49 PM

Hi everyone...

Trading needs experience and investing needs patience.
Trading could give you results but you may also possess the risk of losing while investing doesn't possess that risk to a higher extent.
Trading could make you sell in panic while if you invest, you will need to wait and you can wait for a long time and reap the profits out of it.
Trading could be dangerous if no stop loss has been put, but investing could let you win over time.
I believe you are smart enough to take this decision on your own after me elaborating everything here.
Rate

Activity: 62

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:38:20 AM

Just a newbie
I suggest you do not invest first, you can get token of a project for free just by like and share each post of their facebook page, it's good for you to understand about crypto currency rather than having to spend money.

Wow, really? Can I do that too? can you please share some link that I can read and learn a new things. Thank you in advance, I wish i could do that.

Buy Bitcoin
cr_liev

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:07:19 AM

People in this thread will answer from their point of experience and skills. You should read more theory and try it on practive yourself. But yes, I agree with many here that you'd better not invest or trade your own money but earn coins for free on bounties.
cadilac9999

Activity: 118

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:24:44 AM

If you have good at technical analysis you should trade it saves your time for increasing your money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: