Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:12:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ASIC] Avalon Overclockable Chips and Boards :: Idaho, USA :: 0:0 Remaining  (Read 18052 times)
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:53:48 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 09:45:21 PM by Garr255

Hey all, I've been waiting until the refund was process to announce it, and it has been!

To claim your refund:
Send me an email: asic[at]garr255 dot com with the information:
Forum handle (if applicable)
Number of chips purchased
Sending address (used to purchase the chips)

I will start processing refunds on Wednesday, 25 September 2013. This will allow sufficient time to resolve disputes if any false claims show up. If you do not want the btc refunded to your sending address for whatever reason, please sign a message with your sending address containing "My email is: [email] and I would like my chip purchase to be refunded to: [new btc address]".

If you have any other questions regarding the process, feel free to email me or post here.

Best,
Garrett

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=220079.msg3212794#msg3212794

Order forms are open! http://cognitivehardware.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=25

Batch Two Chips Remaining: 0

Because of high demand for more chips to be hosted on the overclockable boards our team is designing (estimated 350mh/s per chip compared to competitors' boards which will get about 270mh/s per chip) and people still wanting a lower chip price, I have decided to open up a second batch of chips for sale. Once 5,000 chips have been sold I will place the order for the second batch.

Cost per chip for the first 5000 chips in this batch will be 0.08. The cost for the second 5000 chips will be 0.09.

To calculate btc required: multiply the number of chips desired by 0.08 (cost=chips*0.08)

Send the payment for batch two to: 1chipaFYN7hrDQWtR2UuHTg9paoxexAXt

Email ASIC[at]garr255[dot]com with the subject “Batch Two”, and the following information in the body:
Forum Name:
First Name:
Last Name:
Street Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Shipping type:
Phone Number:
Email Address:
Chip amount:
Payment amount:
Sending Address:
TX ID: *See FAQ for questions.

Everything else is the same as the first batch; see below for more information.

Batch One Chips Remaining: 0

Hey all, I've purchased a batch of 10,000 Avalon chips (#10429) and will be reselling them here. This will work similarly to the other group-buys, and I hope to make this as competitive and transparent as possible.

Much of this post has been taken from other group-buy threads which I believe do a good job at running efficiently.

Pricing:
Pricing is BTC0.2/chip. Our order # is considerably lower than other group-buy offers, and I am going to be offering overclockable boards for participants in this group buy, making this one quite a bit more competitive.

All fees resulting from importing the ASIC order into the USA will be distributed among purchasers based upon the amount of chips purchased payable in BTC prior to shipping to final destination. These include but are not limited to import tax, customs duties, and merchandise processing fees associated with receipt of shipment from Avalon.

Shipping:
Based on Avalon's estimate, this order will ship by the middle of August.

Unit shipping will be performed on a first in, first out basis, after all additional fees and correct information has been attained. Units will be packaged securely to ensure their safety during transit.
All Packages will be sent from Idaho via USPS.

The following shipping options are available:
Ship type         US Priority   US Express     Canada Priority   Canada Express  Int’l Priority   Int’l Express
Shipping time     2-3 days     Overnight       6-10 days         3-5 days            6-10 days      3-5 days

Shipping costs will be calculated as follows:
Chip amount   US Priority   US Express   Canada Priority  Canada Express  Int’l Priority   Int’l Express
1-50                   $10.80       $45.95       $24.95            $74.95              $33.95          $89.95      
51-250                $17.35       $45.95       $50.95            $74.95              $69.95          $89.95
251-500               Free          $45.95       $50.95            $74.95              $69.95         $89.95
501-750               Free          Free          $63.95            $74.95              $87.95         $89.95
751-1000              Free          Free           Free              $74.95              $87.95         $89.95
1001+                   Free          Free           Free              Free                    Free            Free

Shipping fees will be due just prior to chip arrival, denominated in BTC

To order batch one chips:
To calculate btc required: multiply the number of chips desired by 0.2 (cost=chips*0.2)

Send the payment to 16CXUVcBt41GmqWPXxRfdjqcW5M8axwQEj

Email ASIC[at]garr255[dot]com with the subject “Chip Order”, and the following information in the body:
Forum Name:
First Name:
Last Name:
Street Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Shipping type:
Phone Number:
Email Address:
Chip amount:
Payment amount:
Sending Address:
TX ID: *See FAQ for questions.

*Note* Please do not send funds from an address you do not control. You will be required to prove ownership of the sending address upon request.

Terms:
Full payment including all USD based fees is required prior to shipment to final destination.
Address signing is required for dispute settlement.
All sample chips will be given to open source hardware developers to facilitate production. These chips will be deducted from my personal purchase amount.
I take no responsibility for any issues that may arise due to circumstances outside my control, including but not limited to Avalon failing to ship, shipment being seized by customs, shipment arriving late, etc. etc...
You may choose to change your address a maximum of two times in order to ship to a board manufacturer.
In order to change your shipping address you must sign the change order with the purchase address

FAQ:
If any emails are received regarding questions outlined in this FAQ, you will be redirected to this FAQ.

What if one of the chips in my order is faulty and I cannot make a full board because of it?
I will be setting aside a few of my personal chips as replacements in case this happens. They will be available for purchase for BTC0.0938 each and only available to those who have purchased chips here.

What is a TX ID?
A transaction ID is a number that is generated every time coins are moved from one address to another. In order to find the TX ID of your purchase you can right click and select “show transaction details” within the bitcoin-qt software, or go to blockchain.info and enter your payment address.

How do I sign a message? In order to sign a verification message, you must have control of your private keys. Currently the only way I know how to do this is through the use of the bitcoin-qt software. Blockchain.info lists this as a feature but you will have to research how to use it on their site.
With bitcoin-qt: click File, Sign Message. Input your sending address and message, and then click sign. The sending address, message, and signature must be included to verify the message.

Do you accept reservations?
Chip purchases are on a first come, first serve basis.

How do I pay for shipping?
Final fees, including shipping, will be calculated once the batch has arrived from Avalon, and will be denominated in BTC

Can I pick up the chips in person?
Yes you can! Just mark your shipping option as "pickup". You are expected to travel to Coeur d' Alene, Idaho where we will meet. (45 minutes east of Spokane, Washington).

How do I pay for chips?
See the purchasing section of this post.

Can you ship internationally?
Yes, see the shipping section of this post.

How much are customs fees?
Current estimates are $400. This number is an estimate and subject to change. This depends on how Avalon declares the ASICs when shipping.

Why aren't you using escrow?
I have already purchased the chips. As such, any escrow of coins is a moot point as it only protects against misuse of the coins. The organizer can still walk with the chips once they receive them, which the escrow holder is not responsible for. This is a risk assumed with any group buy. If you do not trust my reputation, there are others organizing batch purchases. I suggest you research carefully who you send your coins to.

Can orders be split and/or transferred?
I am not responsible for any splits or transfers negotiated after purchase of the chips, nor will I facilitate any trades. If you decide to sell your chips, you must come to an agreement apart from the group buy, and send me a shipping address change order signed with the address used in purchasing the chips.

Will you purchase another batch if you run out of chips?
Yes. If this batch sells out and there is enough interest in a second, I will purchase another batch.

Can I add to my order?
Assuming chips are still available, you may add up to 100% of your initial purchase without losing your place in the shipping cue.

Do we get discounted shipping if we all ship to a dev?
Yes. In the event multiple people ship to a single dev, I will calculate the total shipping cost and divide it evenly based on chip amount.

Can I pay with (Insert anything other than BTC here)
BTC is the only acceptable form of payment.

Can you guarantee Avalon ships the chips on time and undamaged?
I cannot guarantee something outside of my control will not happen, and I will not be held responsible in the event of Avalon not delivering. You are assuming the risk for this purchase.

I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:14:35 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2013, 04:00:40 AM by Garr255

Update, 5 July:

Our board design and parts sourcing has been finalized, and we will be ready for mass production in two weeks. Orders for boards will begin being accepted at that time. A second batch of chips is being offered so those who wish to utilize our board design will be able to with a lower cost per chip. Keep in mind these boards will be sold by me excessively to participants in this group buy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=220079.msg2665689#msg2665689

Update, 20 Jun:

The board design is completed, and now the developers are working on parts sourcing. Current estimates are ~350mh/s per chip, which is significantly over what you'll get from any other Avalon board.

Update, 16 Jun:

I am working closely with a private board developer who is creating host boards for Avalon chips that will be able to achieve a higher hashrate per chip than standard boards. I will only be selling these boards to people who have purchased chips via my group-buy. Specifics will come within a month, after we have created the first batch of boards and stress-tested the heck out of them!

Update, 15 Jun:

These last two weeks have been extremely busy. I've been working tirelessly with multiple board developers and producers, and finally have some firm numbers.

Initially, I am opting for the Klondike K16 boards. As you might infer from the name, these will house sixteen Avalon chips each, hashing at a rate of ~4.5gh/s. I am currently speaking with another board developer who will be selling overclockable boards, so we can get the most out of our chips!

Current board costs are tentatively set to $130 (but paid in equivalent BTC), and are subject to change depending on how many boards are ordered. If you order 20 or more boards, the cost will be $10 less per board.

Because of the extremely low order number of this batch, the price per chip has been moved to 0.1.

Best,
Garrett

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:42:27 PM

Possibly stupid question but how 'early' is this order compared to the different group order programs that have been open in other threads. Do you have an estimate on 'where in line' you are as far as delivery from Avalon?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:35:39 PM

Possibly stupid question but how 'early' is this order compared to the different group order programs that have been open in other threads. Do you have an estimate on 'where in line' you are as far as delivery from Avalon?

Of course, this order is ahead of all who haven't purchased chips yet, therefore we will be ahead of subsequent "batches" of other group-buys.

Cheers,
Garrett

wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:53:52 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 06:58:06 PM by wrenchmonkey

Of course, this order is ahead of all who haven't purchased chips yet, therefore we will be ahead of subsequent "batches" of other group-buys.

Cheers,
Garrett

Got an order date to go with that number? Proof of purchase? Are you accepting escrow?

This is almost an exact copy/paste of Steamboat's group buy thread.

Edit: The latest message did verify for me.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:55:59 PM

[Reserved]

What's this about?

Cheers,
Garrett

Got an order date to go with that number? Proof of purchase? Are you accepting escrow?

This is almost an exact copy/paste of Steamboat's group buy thread. Something feels 'off'...

He addresses the copy/paste issue in OP:

Chips Remaining: 8,810

Hey all, I've purchased a batch of 10,000 Avalon chips (#10429) and will be reselling them here. This will work similarly to the other group-buys, and I hope to make this as competitive and transparent as possible.

Much of this post has been taken from other group-buy threads which I believe do a good job at running efficiently.

Garr255, do you have assembly plans?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:04:56 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 07:04:49 PM by Garr255

Yep, I ordered just after midnight this morning, May 30th 2013. The Amount paid was 782.10000000 to 18wZDDeVcHqzvszMc1sgHYGecRgfHN3576 (Do NOT send coins to that address to purchase from me)

I will sign a message using the sending address for that transaction and update this post with it after my bitcoin client boots.

Edit: Signature added below

Code:
Address: 13qcnAaS6zAjXqhNBzUkgyEyTqHUeViJnX
Message: I am Garr255 and I have purchased 10,000 Avalon ASICs with order #10429
Signature: G8suJTtwrp9gAZdQWRzoqfrdnsznsQpUPA+MKrX0qMqNoYrz0NglGcvbe/y41d+If2jiCxqr7vpYbRwpEW5Q5sY=

I have used a lot of steamboat's format because it is an excellent way to deal with this kind of sale.

Additionally, I'm a fairly trusted member here, already managing over 1000btc worth of other peoples' assets, so trust should not be an issue. I am not using escrow because I've already ordered the chips and would like to have the coins liquid before they are delivered.

--Garrett

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:10:36 PM

I'm saving that post for shipping updates.

And yes I do have assembly plans, but I will not be announcing them formally here until I have firm(er) estimates. Currently I'm almost positive we will be able to assemble 64 chip boards for less than $200 each.

auto2nr1

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:43:52 PM

Very interested. Might be jumping on this group buy.
TheSwede75

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:02:01 PM

And yes I do have assembly plans, but I will not be announcing them formally here until I have firm(er) estimates. Currently I'm almost positive we will be able to assemble 64 chip boards for less than $200 each.

Does that mean that you will (when you have more confirmation on delivery time, price, batch shipment etc) add (if possible) options for Chip buyers to add assembly of miners to their order for Fiat or BTC?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:28:06 PM

Does that mean that you will (when you have more confirmation on delivery time, price, batch shipment etc) add (if possible) options for Chip buyers to add assembly of miners to their order for Fiat or BTC?

Most likely for BTC only, but yes.

steamboat

Activity: 648

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:30:15 PM

Shipping:
Based on Avalon's estimate, this order will ship before the end of July.

That has changed.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:30:43 PM

Yep, I ordered just after midnight this morning, May 30th 2013. The Amount paid was 782.10000000 to 18wZDDeVcHqzvszMc1sgHYGecRgfHN3576 (Do NOT send coins to that address to purchase from me)

I will sign a message using the sending address for that transaction and update this post with it after my bitcoin client boots.

Edit: Signature added below

Code:
Address: 13qcnAaS6zAjXqhNBzUkgyEyTqHUeViJnX
Message: I am Garr255 and I have purchased 10,000 Avalon ASICs with order #10429
Signature: 84cf70c595ab7effc4c049b9099fbf8dabac4be41e69e8e28892c64a255e5c6e369023dae68c4577ee86d0a4c0ca103c0acd89149136c34d255deb9db92c460b

I have used a lot of steamboat's format because it is an excellent way to deal with this kind of sale.

Additionally, I'm a fairly trusted member here, already managing over 1000btc worth of other peoples' assets, so trust should not be an issue. I am not using escrow because I've already ordered the chips and would like to have the coins liquid before they are delivered.

--Garrett

Fair enough. Thanks for addressing my questions.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
jasinlee

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:34:19 PM

This thread looks remarkably familiar.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:43:23 PM

That has changed.

Thank you, the change has been reflected.

bigbeninlondon

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:44:48 PM

Are you only planning on 64 chip boards?  How about the K16?
newmars

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:47:37 PM

If I would like to consider the assembly service, should I order the chips in multiple of 16 or 64? Thanks.

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:29:42 AM

If I would like to consider the assembly service, should I order the chips in multiple of 16 or 64? Thanks.

I am planning on going with chiefly 64 chip boards, so order accordingly.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:58:29 AM

I too am interested in assembly.

I am in the process of moving (back) to Idaho, so my question is twofold. One, are you anywhere near the Boise area, and if yes, would face to face pickup be possible?

Kevin.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:35:59 PM

I too am interested in assembly.

I am in the process of moving (back) to Idaho, so my question is twofold. One, are you anywhere near the Boise area, and if yes, would face to face pickup be possible?

Kevin.

I'm up north, close to Spokane and Coeur d' Alene, and face to face pickup will be available to whoever would like to come out here.

I should have solidified assembly plans next week.

Best,
Garrett

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: