Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:33:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ASIC] Avalon Overclockable Chips and Boards :: Idaho, USA :: 0:0 Remaining  (Read 18052 times)
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:53:48 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 09:45:21 PM by Garr255

Hey all, I've been waiting until the refund was process to announce it, and it has been!

To claim your refund:
Send me an email: asic[at]garr255 dot com with the information:
Forum handle (if applicable)
Number of chips purchased
Sending address (used to purchase the chips)

I will start processing refunds on Wednesday, 25 September 2013. This will allow sufficient time to resolve disputes if any false claims show up. If you do not want the btc refunded to your sending address for whatever reason, please sign a message with your sending address containing "My email is: [email] and I would like my chip purchase to be refunded to: [new btc address]".

If you have any other questions regarding the process, feel free to email me or post here.

Best,
Garrett

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=220079.msg3212794#msg3212794

Order forms are open! http://cognitivehardware.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=25

Batch Two Chips Remaining: 0

Because of high demand for more chips to be hosted on the overclockable boards our team is designing (estimated 350mh/s per chip compared to competitors' boards which will get about 270mh/s per chip) and people still wanting a lower chip price, I have decided to open up a second batch of chips for sale. Once 5,000 chips have been sold I will place the order for the second batch.

Cost per chip for the first 5000 chips in this batch will be 0.08. The cost for the second 5000 chips will be 0.09.

To calculate btc required: multiply the number of chips desired by 0.08 (cost=chips*0.08)

Send the payment for batch two to: 1chipaFYN7hrDQWtR2UuHTg9paoxexAXt

Email ASIC[at]garr255[dot]com with the subject “Batch Two”, and the following information in the body:
Forum Name:
First Name:
Last Name:
Street Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Shipping type:
Phone Number:
Email Address:
Chip amount:
Payment amount:
Sending Address:
TX ID: *See FAQ for questions.

Everything else is the same as the first batch; see below for more information.

Batch One Chips Remaining: 0

Hey all, I've purchased a batch of 10,000 Avalon chips (#10429) and will be reselling them here. This will work similarly to the other group-buys, and I hope to make this as competitive and transparent as possible.

Much of this post has been taken from other group-buy threads which I believe do a good job at running efficiently.

Pricing:
Pricing is BTC0.2/chip. Our order # is considerably lower than other group-buy offers, and I am going to be offering overclockable boards for participants in this group buy, making this one quite a bit more competitive.

All fees resulting from importing the ASIC order into the USA will be distributed among purchasers based upon the amount of chips purchased payable in BTC prior to shipping to final destination. These include but are not limited to import tax, customs duties, and merchandise processing fees associated with receipt of shipment from Avalon.

Shipping:
Based on Avalon's estimate, this order will ship by the middle of August.

Unit shipping will be performed on a first in, first out basis, after all additional fees and correct information has been attained. Units will be packaged securely to ensure their safety during transit.
All Packages will be sent from Idaho via USPS.

The following shipping options are available:
Ship type         US Priority   US Express     Canada Priority   Canada Express  Int’l Priority   Int’l Express
Shipping time     2-3 days     Overnight       6-10 days         3-5 days            6-10 days      3-5 days

Shipping costs will be calculated as follows:
Chip amount   US Priority   US Express   Canada Priority  Canada Express  Int’l Priority   Int’l Express
1-50                   $10.80       $45.95       $24.95            $74.95              $33.95          $89.95      
51-250                $17.35       $45.95       $50.95            $74.95              $69.95          $89.95
251-500               Free          $45.95       $50.95            $74.95              $69.95         $89.95
501-750               Free          Free          $63.95            $74.95              $87.95         $89.95
751-1000              Free          Free           Free              $74.95              $87.95         $89.95
1001+                   Free          Free           Free              Free                    Free            Free

Shipping fees will be due just prior to chip arrival, denominated in BTC

To order batch one chips:
To calculate btc required: multiply the number of chips desired by 0.2 (cost=chips*0.2)

Send the payment to 16CXUVcBt41GmqWPXxRfdjqcW5M8axwQEj

Email ASIC[at]garr255[dot]com with the subject “Chip Order”, and the following information in the body:
Forum Name:
First Name:
Last Name:
Street Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Shipping type:
Phone Number:
Email Address:
Chip amount:
Payment amount:
Sending Address:
TX ID: *See FAQ for questions.

*Note* Please do not send funds from an address you do not control. You will be required to prove ownership of the sending address upon request.

Terms:
Full payment including all USD based fees is required prior to shipment to final destination.
Address signing is required for dispute settlement.
All sample chips will be given to open source hardware developers to facilitate production. These chips will be deducted from my personal purchase amount.
I take no responsibility for any issues that may arise due to circumstances outside my control, including but not limited to Avalon failing to ship, shipment being seized by customs, shipment arriving late, etc. etc...
You may choose to change your address a maximum of two times in order to ship to a board manufacturer.
In order to change your shipping address you must sign the change order with the purchase address

FAQ:
If any emails are received regarding questions outlined in this FAQ, you will be redirected to this FAQ.

What if one of the chips in my order is faulty and I cannot make a full board because of it?
I will be setting aside a few of my personal chips as replacements in case this happens. They will be available for purchase for BTC0.0938 each and only available to those who have purchased chips here.

What is a TX ID?
A transaction ID is a number that is generated every time coins are moved from one address to another. In order to find the TX ID of your purchase you can right click and select “show transaction details” within the bitcoin-qt software, or go to blockchain.info and enter your payment address.

How do I sign a message? In order to sign a verification message, you must have control of your private keys. Currently the only way I know how to do this is through the use of the bitcoin-qt software. Blockchain.info lists this as a feature but you will have to research how to use it on their site.
With bitcoin-qt: click File, Sign Message. Input your sending address and message, and then click sign. The sending address, message, and signature must be included to verify the message.

Do you accept reservations?
Chip purchases are on a first come, first serve basis.

How do I pay for shipping?
Final fees, including shipping, will be calculated once the batch has arrived from Avalon, and will be denominated in BTC

Can I pick up the chips in person?
Yes you can! Just mark your shipping option as "pickup". You are expected to travel to Coeur d' Alene, Idaho where we will meet. (45 minutes east of Spokane, Washington).

How do I pay for chips?
See the purchasing section of this post.

Can you ship internationally?
Yes, see the shipping section of this post.

How much are customs fees?
Current estimates are $400. This number is an estimate and subject to change. This depends on how Avalon declares the ASICs when shipping.

Why aren't you using escrow?
I have already purchased the chips. As such, any escrow of coins is a moot point as it only protects against misuse of the coins. The organizer can still walk with the chips once they receive them, which the escrow holder is not responsible for. This is a risk assumed with any group buy. If you do not trust my reputation, there are others organizing batch purchases. I suggest you research carefully who you send your coins to.

Can orders be split and/or transferred?
I am not responsible for any splits or transfers negotiated after purchase of the chips, nor will I facilitate any trades. If you decide to sell your chips, you must come to an agreement apart from the group buy, and send me a shipping address change order signed with the address used in purchasing the chips.

Will you purchase another batch if you run out of chips?
Yes. If this batch sells out and there is enough interest in a second, I will purchase another batch.

Can I add to my order?
Assuming chips are still available, you may add up to 100% of your initial purchase without losing your place in the shipping cue.

Do we get discounted shipping if we all ship to a dev?
Yes. In the event multiple people ship to a single dev, I will calculate the total shipping cost and divide it evenly based on chip amount.

Can I pay with (Insert anything other than BTC here)
BTC is the only acceptable form of payment.

Can you guarantee Avalon ships the chips on time and undamaged?
I cannot guarantee something outside of my control will not happen, and I will not be held responsible in the event of Avalon not delivering. You are assuming the risk for this purchase.

I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:14:35 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2013, 04:00:40 AM by Garr255

Update, 5 July:

Our board design and parts sourcing has been finalized, and we will be ready for mass production in two weeks. Orders for boards will begin being accepted at that time. A second batch of chips is being offered so those who wish to utilize our board design will be able to with a lower cost per chip. Keep in mind these boards will be sold by me excessively to participants in this group buy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=220079.msg2665689#msg2665689

Update, 20 Jun:

The board design is completed, and now the developers are working on parts sourcing. Current estimates are ~350mh/s per chip, which is significantly over what you'll get from any other Avalon board.

Update, 16 Jun:

I am working closely with a private board developer who is creating host boards for Avalon chips that will be able to achieve a higher hashrate per chip than standard boards. I will only be selling these boards to people who have purchased chips via my group-buy. Specifics will come within a month, after we have created the first batch of boards and stress-tested the heck out of them!

Update, 15 Jun:

These last two weeks have been extremely busy. I've been working tirelessly with multiple board developers and producers, and finally have some firm numbers.

Initially, I am opting for the Klondike K16 boards. As you might infer from the name, these will house sixteen Avalon chips each, hashing at a rate of ~4.5gh/s. I am currently speaking with another board developer who will be selling overclockable boards, so we can get the most out of our chips!

Current board costs are tentatively set to $130 (but paid in equivalent BTC), and are subject to change depending on how many boards are ordered. If you order 20 or more boards, the cost will be $10 less per board.

Because of the extremely low order number of this batch, the price per chip has been moved to 0.1.

Best,
Garrett

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:42:27 PM

Possibly stupid question but how 'early' is this order compared to the different group order programs that have been open in other threads. Do you have an estimate on 'where in line' you are as far as delivery from Avalon?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:35:39 PM

Possibly stupid question but how 'early' is this order compared to the different group order programs that have been open in other threads. Do you have an estimate on 'where in line' you are as far as delivery from Avalon?

Of course, this order is ahead of all who haven't purchased chips yet, therefore we will be ahead of subsequent "batches" of other group-buys.

Cheers,
Garrett

wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:53:52 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 06:58:06 PM by wrenchmonkey

Of course, this order is ahead of all who haven't purchased chips yet, therefore we will be ahead of subsequent "batches" of other group-buys.

Cheers,
Garrett

Got an order date to go with that number? Proof of purchase? Are you accepting escrow?

This is almost an exact copy/paste of Steamboat's group buy thread.

Edit: The latest message did verify for me.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:55:59 PM

[Reserved]

What's this about?

Cheers,
Garrett

Got an order date to go with that number? Proof of purchase? Are you accepting escrow?

This is almost an exact copy/paste of Steamboat's group buy thread. Something feels 'off'...

He addresses the copy/paste issue in OP:

Chips Remaining: 8,810

Hey all, I've purchased a batch of 10,000 Avalon chips (#10429) and will be reselling them here. This will work similarly to the other group-buys, and I hope to make this as competitive and transparent as possible.

Much of this post has been taken from other group-buy threads which I believe do a good job at running efficiently.

Garr255, do you have assembly plans?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:04:56 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 07:04:49 PM by Garr255

Yep, I ordered just after midnight this morning, May 30th 2013. The Amount paid was 782.10000000 to 18wZDDeVcHqzvszMc1sgHYGecRgfHN3576 (Do NOT send coins to that address to purchase from me)

I will sign a message using the sending address for that transaction and update this post with it after my bitcoin client boots.

Edit: Signature added below

Code:
Address: 13qcnAaS6zAjXqhNBzUkgyEyTqHUeViJnX
Message: I am Garr255 and I have purchased 10,000 Avalon ASICs with order #10429
Signature: G8suJTtwrp9gAZdQWRzoqfrdnsznsQpUPA+MKrX0qMqNoYrz0NglGcvbe/y41d+If2jiCxqr7vpYbRwpEW5Q5sY=

I have used a lot of steamboat's format because it is an excellent way to deal with this kind of sale.

Additionally, I'm a fairly trusted member here, already managing over 1000btc worth of other peoples' assets, so trust should not be an issue. I am not using escrow because I've already ordered the chips and would like to have the coins liquid before they are delivered.

--Garrett

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:10:36 PM

I'm saving that post for shipping updates.

And yes I do have assembly plans, but I will not be announcing them formally here until I have firm(er) estimates. Currently I'm almost positive we will be able to assemble 64 chip boards for less than $200 each.

auto2nr1

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:43:52 PM

Very interested. Might be jumping on this group buy.
TheSwede75

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:02:01 PM

And yes I do have assembly plans, but I will not be announcing them formally here until I have firm(er) estimates. Currently I'm almost positive we will be able to assemble 64 chip boards for less than $200 each.

Does that mean that you will (when you have more confirmation on delivery time, price, batch shipment etc) add (if possible) options for Chip buyers to add assembly of miners to their order for Fiat or BTC?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:28:06 PM

Does that mean that you will (when you have more confirmation on delivery time, price, batch shipment etc) add (if possible) options for Chip buyers to add assembly of miners to their order for Fiat or BTC?

Most likely for BTC only, but yes.

steamboat

Activity: 648

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:30:15 PM

Shipping:
Based on Avalon's estimate, this order will ship before the end of July.

That has changed.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:30:43 PM

Yep, I ordered just after midnight this morning, May 30th 2013. The Amount paid was 782.10000000 to 18wZDDeVcHqzvszMc1sgHYGecRgfHN3576 (Do NOT send coins to that address to purchase from me)

I will sign a message using the sending address for that transaction and update this post with it after my bitcoin client boots.

Code:
Message: I am Garr255 and I have purchased 10,000 Avalon ASICs with order #10429
Signature: 84cf70c595ab7effc4c049b9099fbf8dabac4be41e69e8e28892c64a255e5c6e369023dae68c4577ee86d0a4c0ca103c0acd89149136c34d255deb9db92c460b

I have used a lot of steamboat's format because it is an excellent way to deal with this kind of sale.

Additionally, I'm a fairly trusted member here, already managing over 1000btc worth of other peoples' assets, so trust should not be an issue. I am not using escrow because I've already ordered the chips and would like to have the coins liquid before they are delivered.

--Garrett

Fair enough. Thanks for addressing my questions.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

jasinlee

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:34:19 PM

This thread looks remarkably familiar.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:43:23 PM

That has changed.

Thank you, the change has been reflected.

bigbeninlondon

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:44:48 PM

Are you only planning on 64 chip boards?  How about the K16?
newmars

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:47:37 PM

If I would like to consider the assembly service, should I order the chips in multiple of 16 or 64? Thanks.

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:29:42 AM

If I would like to consider the assembly service, should I order the chips in multiple of 16 or 64? Thanks.

I am planning on going with chiefly 64 chip boards, so order accordingly.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:58:29 AM

I too am interested in assembly.

I am in the process of moving (back) to Idaho, so my question is twofold. One, are you anywhere near the Boise area, and if yes, would face to face pickup be possible?

Kevin.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:35:59 PM

I am in the process of moving (back) to Idaho, so my question is twofold. One, are you anywhere near the Boise area, and if yes, would face to face pickup be possible?

Kevin.

I'm up north, close to Spokane and Coeur d' Alene, and face to face pickup will be available to whoever would like to come out here.

I should have solidified assembly plans next week.

Best,
Garrett

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:50:37 PM

Kevin.

I'm up north, close to Spokane and Coeur d' Alene, and face to face pickup will be available to whoever would like to come out here.

Best,
Garrett

Cool! I should be moved in a couple of weeks, and I'll see where things are at. Definitely very interested. I have family up that way, so I could make it a dual purpose trip.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:45:52 AM

Kevin.

Best,
Garrett

Cool! I should be moved in a couple of weeks, and I'll see where things are at. Definitely very interested. I have family up that way, so I could make it a dual purpose trip.

Great, it's always fun meeting up with a fellow bitcoiner Smiley

8775 Chips are available.

fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:57:28 PM

Code:
Signature: 84cf70c595ab7effc4c049b9099fbf8dabac4be41e69e8e28892c64a255e5c6e369023dae68c4577ee86d0a4c0ca103c0acd89149136c34d255deb9db92c460b

--Garrett
How do I verify this ? Something looks wrong with your signature.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:32:31 PM

I signed the message in Armory which for some reason is not verifying with other peoples' clients.

I've imported the address into a yubikey-protected blockchain.info wallet and resigned the same message.

G8suJTtwrp9gAZdQWRzoqfrdnsznsQpUPA+MKrX0qMqNoYrz0NglGcvbe/y41d+If2jiCxqr7vpYbRwpEW5Q5sY=

Message (everything between quotes, but not including quotes): "I am Garr255 and I have purchased 10,000 Avalon ASICs with order #10429"
Signature: G8suJTtwrp9gAZdQWRzoqfrdnsznsQpUPA+MKrX0qMqNoYrz0NglGcvbe/y41d+If2jiCxqr7vpYbRwpEW5Q5sY=

wrenchmonkey

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:57:05 PM

This message did verify for me.

btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 07:05:40 PM

Subscribed

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
fasmax

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:06:26 PM

Ok thanks. It verifies for me now thanks Smiley
josiasrdz

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:32:53 PM

I think is a good idea to go for the 64 chip model (more energy efficient), but are you going to offer replacement chips? steamboat is offering replacements at  BTC0.0939

17yN2CQsYGBd3jEcNcWQDua4sViVP7YmC1
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:38:35 PM

I think is a good idea to go for the 64 chip model (more energy efficient), but are you going to offer replacement chips? steamboat is offering replacements at  BTC0.0939

Thanks for bringing this up. It's a good idea and I have just answered it in the FAQ.

What if one of the chips in my order is faulty and I cannot make a full board because of it?
I will be setting aside a few of my personal chips as replacements in case this happens. They will be available for purchase for BTC0.0938 each and only available to those who have purchased chips here.

josiasrdz

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:56:52 PM

Thanks for bringing this up. It's a good idea and I have just answered it in the FAQ.

lol even your replacements chips are "cheaper"  Tongue

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:28:58 PM

lol even your replacements chips are "cheaper"  Tongue

That's what happens when you introduce competition in the marketplace Wink

Cheers

juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:04:43 PM

I'm very interested, hoping I can get enough coins to purchase 64 chips before they're sold out. Great job on this Garr!

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:35:02 AM

I'm very interested, hoping I can get enough coins to purchase 64 chips before they're sold out. Great job on this Garr!

Thanks.

Board assembly costs should be finalized this week!

josiasrdz

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:09:04 AM

steamboat is going to charge $95 for a 16 chip board, are you sure you're going to be able to sell a 64 chip board for $200?

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:46:46 AM

steamboat is going to charge $95 for a 16 chip board, are you sure you're going to be able to sell a 64 chip board for $200?

I'll let you know when I get the quotes finalized in a couple days Smiley

Right now it is looking like the 16 chip boards will be the more viable option however.

josiasrdz

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:14:05 AM

any updates?

MilkyLep

Activity: 583

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:10:40 PM

Extremely interested in purchasing 64-128 chips and multiple miner assemblies, really hoping for the 64 model chip board.

Since you have already purchased the chips, do you plan on sending out orders as soon as they are received from avalon or will you wait for the 10,000 lot to be completely sold?

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
newmars

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:44:41 AM

any update about Board assembly service and cost?
huanix

Activity: 71

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:56:00 AM

Kevin.

Best,
Garrett

Great, it's always fun meeting up with a fellow bitcoiner Smiley

8775 Chips are available.

Your total chip count is a liitle concerning to me - I sent payment and an email following the OP guidelines on May 31. Can you confirm that you have my order for 35 chips with tx id: d9330d2ed01292eb8e9404c96305148861c5ff91170e03a4aef803b8895eb18e
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:21:29 AM

Your total chip count is a liitle concerning to me - I sent payment and an email following the OP guidelines on May 31. Can you confirm that you have my order for 35 chips with tx id: d9330d2ed01292eb8e9404c96305148861c5ff91170e03a4aef803b8895eb18e

Updated. I only update the OP a few times a week.

atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 12:58:42 PM

what about getting the chips put on pcb - have you linked up with any of the PCB projects?

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
MilkyLep

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:13:40 PM

Would you be willing to ship and purchased chips to another user in a different country? I've been looking into burnin's service in case your assembly plans fall through.

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:18:13 PM

Kevin.

Best,
Garrett

Any update on the assembly plans and 16 or 64 chip boards?

MilkyLep

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:00:43 PM

Waiting to "liquidate" some bitcoins for chips but need some updates first Garrett. Looked around and I'm sure you're busy with cog and other projects, but I think if you update this thread with plans you'll sell the majority of those chips real quick.

newmars

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:08:04 AM

I am also waiting for the update especially the assembly plans
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:21:03 AM

Update :: June 15th

Here's the post you've all been waiting for!

These last two weeks have been extremely busy. I've been working tirelessly with multiple board developers and producers, and finally have some firm numbers.

Initially, I am opting for the Klondike K16 boards. As you might infer from the name, these will house sixteen Avalon chips each, hashing at a rate of ~4.5gh/s. I am currently speaking with another board developer who will be selling overclockable boards, so we can get the most out of our chips!

Current board costs are tentatively set to $130 (but paid in equivalent BTC), and are subject to change depending on how many boards are ordered. If you order 20 or more boards, the cost will be $10 less per board.

Because of the extremely low order number of this batch, the price per chip has been moved to 0.1.

Best,
Garrett

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:21:40 AM

Would you be willing to ship and purchased chips to another user in a different country? I've been looking into burnin's service in case your assembly plans fall through.

Yes, see the FAQ regarding changing your shipping address.

josiasrdz

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:07:05 AM

How much is going to be the cost of an assembled board (chip and heatsink installed)?

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:08:25 AM

How much is going to be the cost of an assembled board (chip and heatsink installed)?

The cost specified above is for the fully functional miner including all components. You will have to supply your own power, however.

josiasrdz

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:24:16 AM

I just ordered 31 chips, I'm going to order 113 more chips thursday (if they are still available) for a total of 144 chips (9 boards)

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:01:46 PM

I just ordered 31 chips, I'm going to order 113 more chips thursday (if they are still available) for a total of 144 chips (9 boards)

Order received, thanks Smiley

MilkyLep

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 03:48:15 AM

Bummer. not the update i was hoping for. Regardless thanks for taking the time to get back to us.

Anyways, may I ask who will be assembling boards and where it will be done? Are they engineers, computer techs, hobbyists? How many people will be working on assembly at a time? Is the expected turnaround still about 2 weeks? Is $130 a near final number, it seems slightly steeper than the majority of board assembly services I've seen, what sets yours apart.

I apologize if this feels like an attack, I assure it is nothing of the sort, I would just like to hear more about the project. I'm wary of sending money anywhere too quickly. Due diligence pays tenfold.

Cheers G!

~Ben

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 07:09:08 AM

Hi Ben,

The boards will be produced in a professional assembly house, by trained people who know exactly what they're doing. Because the assembly etc. is being outsourced the operation will be highly scalable, so there should be very little lead time to make chips into hashing miners (most likely under 1 week if you choose to overnight all the shipping). The $130 mentioned above will very likely be the final number, although you should not count on it yet. There is always the possibility that the board designs do not work and we have to go with a more costly board design (and that goes for all of these ASIC projects), although this is extremely unlikely. What I believe sets me apart from other services, is the increased likelihood of a fast turnaround. I will be producing boards for 10,000 chips before this group-buy order arrives, so I will be able to familiarize myself with the process and hopefully make a bunch of clients happy Smiley

Best,
Garrett

PS:
Due diligence pays tenfold.

I couldn't agree more!

jesse11

Activity: 333

Ants Rock

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:13:37 AM

Hello garr255, I've sent you an e-mail, waiting for a reply  Smiley I'm jesse11 here and the e-mail will come from me, techjesse

Mining with: BE's,BE Cubes, K16's, AntMiners U1's and AntMiners S1's
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:24:10 AM

Hello garr255, I've sent you an e-mail, waiting for a reply  Smiley I'm jesse11 here and the e-mail will come from me, techjesse

Replied, thanks for the inquiry.

jesse11

Activity: 333

Ants Rock

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:32:43 AM

received reply. I'll sent an e-mail when I have...

Mining with: BE's,BE Cubes, K16's, AntMiners U1's and AntMiners S1's
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:03:16 PM

Developer notice:

I have received the test chips for this batch and I am auctioning four of them here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=234911.msg2481737#msg2481737

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:16:58 AM

Update, 16 Jun:

I am working closely with a private board developer who is creating host boards for Avalon chips that will be able to achieve a higher hashrate per chip than standard boards. I will only be selling these boards to people who have purchased chips via my group-buy. Specifics will come within a month, after we have created the first batch of boards and stress-tested the heck out of them!

newmars

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:59:14 PM

How many chips planned for each host board?

Update, 16 Jun:

ilpirata79

Activity: 353
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:25:12 PM

Will it be possible to send the chips from you to the manufacturer of the boards and then have them shipped to us?

Regards,
ilpirata79
redtwitz

Activity: 231

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:06:23 PM

Is this the cost of the bare board or does it include assembly and/or additional components (heatsinks, standoffs, fans, etc.)?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:24:25 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2013, 04:45:08 PM by Garr255

Is this the cost of the bare board or does it include assembly and/or additional components (heatsinks, standoffs, fans, etc.)?

That is everything you need to run the board except power, so heatsink and fan are included.

It will be a modular design similar to Avalon's, where there are a number of chips per "card" that can be plugged into the board. This makes it so if one piece fails it is easily replaceable, as opposed to boards where everything is together Smiley

Will it be possible to send the chips from you to the manufacturer of the boards and then have them shipped to us?

Regards,
ilpirata79

Yes, this is exactly what the plans are.

josiasrdz

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:06:50 PM

Are you still going to use the 16 chip board design?

MilkyLep

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:03:32 AM

Stress-testing on the real blockchain or testnet? And for how long? Sounds like you're hinting that I should buy some more cog shares :p

Anyway btc for 20 chips headed your way, going to wait to see how difficulty and price fluctuates as well as your plans before considering more.

On a side note, and this is probably the wrong thread to ask you, but do you have any plans to put some asic boards into action for cognitive?

MilkyLep

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:41:58 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 04:33:14 AM by MilkyLep

2.0002 btc for 20 chips from 1BzE13qJKnmUwv5fuRANmy1QjbrkjiRtgX

txid:
03bb11cc57596b455458ce841562c842f0841fc97b7c1c16114dcb478efa2d6a-000

Also sent you an e-mail with required details and signature for verified message, let me know if any more info is needed!

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:49:57 AM

Stress-testing on the real blockchain or testnet? And for how long? Sounds like you're hinting that I should buy some more cog shares :p

Anyway btc for 20 chips headed your way, going to wait to see how difficulty and price fluctuates as well as your plans before considering more.

On a side note, and this is probably the wrong thread to ask you, but do you have any plans to put some asic boards into action for cognitive?

Testing will be done on both the real bitcoin blockchain. There's no sense in boosting the testnet diff and not making money... that's a lose-lose!

Thanks for your order Smiley

And yes, the Cognitive boards are a part of this group-buy (actually the first in queue) so they will be online as soon as the rest of these!

Best,
Garrett

Vigil

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:30:17 PM

I am interested in purchasing some chips and a board but am a bit new to the ASIC DIY stuff. I am familiar with soldering boards and surface mount, however. I have seen various DIY board discussions, is this different from the other DIY board discussions and group buys?

I have seen this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=161715.msg2426942#msg2426942

And a few others.
newmars

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:32:57 PM

Then my question is, how many chips designed for each "card"?
Hope I understand your answer of the hosting board somehow  Smiley

It will be a modular design similar to Avalon's, where there are a number of chips per "card" that can be plugged into the board. This makes it so if one piece fails it is easily replaceable, as opposed to boards where everything is together Smiley

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:21:39 PM

I am interested in purchasing some chips and a board but am a bit new to the ASIC DIY stuff. I am familiar with soldering boards and surface mount, however. I have seen various DIY board discussions, is this different from the other DIY board discussions and group buys?

Yes this is entirely different. We are using a custom overclocked board that will use the same chips to achieve a better hashrate, blowing the competition out of the water which achieving over 340mh/s per chip.

Then my question is, how many chips designed for each "card"?
Hope I understand your answer of the hosting board somehow  Smiley

Yes, you should purchase chips in increments of 16 or 80. Currently we can host 80 chips per controller, between five hashing cards of 16 chips each. We hope to modify our power controls to be able to host 300+ chips per controller, but that will depend heavily on parts sourcing which is being taken care of this week Smiley

Cheers,
Garrett

Vigil

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:15:07 PM

So, there aren't going to be any K64 boards only K16s (standard/OC'ed) for $130?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:50:33 PM

So, there aren't going to be any K64 boards only K16s (standard/OC'ed) for $130?

These overclockable boards are not K16s or K64s. They're designed by a private developer I am working closely with, not BkkCoins.

The boards will house 16 chips and cost at most $130 per 16 chips, probably less when we finalize parts sourcing Smiley

Cheers,
Garrett

MilkyLep

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:38:52 AM

340 mh/s per chip

Don't tease us like that!  Tongue

Do you have a rough total as to the number of chips/boards queued for production thus far? Has anything been mentioned about a different assembly completion timeframe from the new private developer?

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:49:49 AM

340 mh/s per chip

Do you have a rough total as to the number of chips/boards queued for production thus far? Has anything been mentioned about a different assembly completion timeframe from the new private developer?

Separate from this group-buy, I have over 1000 boards that I will be producing in conjunction with this developer. Design should be finalized and in full-scale production in mid July, which is still before our Avalon chips will even arrive Smiley

turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 10:26:35 AM

340 mh/s per chip

Separate from this group-buy, I have over 1000 boards that I will be producing in conjunction with this developer. Design should be finalized and in full-scale production in mid July, which is still before our Avalon chips will even arrive Smiley

So, you would be selling just the bare PCB or boards fully assembled with chips? (ie. chips I've bought from this group buy).

Would be curious about timeframe also. I.e. "1 week after chips delivery" or 2 weeks or 3... Based on your fab capacity.

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:32:11 AM

So, you would be selling just the bare PCB or boards fully assembled with chips? (ie. chips I've bought from this group buy).

Would be curious about timeframe also. I.e. "1 week after chips delivery" or 2 weeks or 3... Based on your fab capacity.

I will be selling fully assembled boards, chips + heatsinks mounted and ready to go, to group-buy participants only. I expect there to be a 5 business day maximum lead time, but these numbers will not be solidified until parts sourcing has been taken care of.

turtle83

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 10:39:58 AM

I will be selling fully assembled boards, chips + heatsinks mounted and ready to go, to group-buy participants only. I expect there to be a 5 business day maximum lead time, but these numbers will not be solidified until parts sourcing has been taken care of.

Thanks. Thats a sweet lead time imho.

MilkyLep

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:29:24 PM

Shit if you want to pay me in pcb boards ill drive up and help pack up/ship orders!  Grin

Sounds like plans are coming together, cant wait for some finalized details. I'll be ordering more chips next week when coinbase clears.

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:41:22 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2013, 01:13:15 AM by Garr255

Note: Due to the extremely competitive offering here, I will be raising the price per chip to 0.2 effective Saturday, June 22.

If you are in MilkyLep's situation, waiting for money to clear, I will work with you to secure a deposit to lock in the lower price.

Shit if you want to pay me in pcb boards ill drive up and help pack up/ship orders!  Grin

Sounds like plans are coming together, cant wait for some finalized details. I'll be ordering more chips next week when coinbase clears.

I'm already outsourcing all of that work, but thanks for the offer Tongue

Vigil

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:23:14 AM

MAn, I was waiting to see what my eta was from TH before deciding on a refund and purchasing from you at BTC.1.

Also, 350 MH/s is not 150% more than other boards. It is 25% more or 1.25 times.
clintar

Activity: 212

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:52:55 AM

Aw, man. Didn't notice the price increase to .2, yet. I don't have that much to put in for 16 chips. No way to get the .1 rate, still?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:58:16 AM

Aw, man. Didn't notice the price increase to .2, yet. I don't have that much to put in for 16 chips. No way to get the .1 rate, still?

The price increase will become effective at 00:00 on Sunday the 23rd.

Cheers

clintar

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:41:03 AM

Ok, moving funds now, and will send tomorrow when i wake up.
clintar

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:48:56 AM

1.6 btc sent from 1P4yWhXx7FKtWiGJYZuX5CNEm126iSFuZg
txid: be43ed602e62726d9e83d0ca08b2f3caab880461f0d7edb645c6f753b4664273

Not sure about the signing stuff. That needed, too?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 12:41:11 PM

1.6 btc sent from 1P4yWhXx7FKtWiGJYZuX5CNEm126iSFuZg
txid: be43ed602e62726d9e83d0ca08b2f3caab880461f0d7edb645c6f753b4664273

Not sure about the signing stuff. That needed, too?

Nope, you're all set. Usually I'll only ask you to sign a message if you want to change your shipping address.

Cheers,
Garrett

clintar

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:07:43 PM

Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks
MilkyLep

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:41:00 PM

Hey Garr, shot you a pm about sending payment for chips, get back to me when you can. Email or pm.

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 04:26:20 AM

Hey Garr, shot you a pm about sending payment for chips, get back to me when you can. Email or pm.

Replied!

MilkyLep

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:13:09 AM

Haven't seen anything turn up yet, was it an e-mail or pm?

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:45:23 AM

Email, check your spam box.

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:49:19 AM

Most of the chips just sold in a large private deal, I upped the price to 0.5 per chip for future orders. Discounts for orders of 100+.

fasmax

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:33:33 PM

Any updates on the hardware miner?
Thanks!
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:29:32 PM

Any updates on the hardware miner?
Thanks!

Yep, the parts sourcing is finalized and firm prices will be coming in later this week. Testing of the final board revision is going to happen on schedule, which is extremely weird for mining hardware haha Smiley

Cheers,
Garrett

MilkyLep

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:49:20 AM

Email, check your spam box.

Thats the first thing I did  Cheesy Wasn't attached to your prior emails either so I'm stumped. Shot you a new email though so let me know how to proceed, Ill check again tomorrow morning and can send BTC before work.

In other news, have you seen Yifu taunting the 450 mh/s number? What are your thoughts on a water/oil cooled system? I figure the developers/designers are too far along to implement a similar feature until later down the road. I suppose cost analysis would need to be done first but was wondering if any discussion had arisen.

fasmax

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 11:24:27 PM

Any updates on this project?
Thanks!
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 03:08:12 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2013, 03:36:36 AM by Garr255

Any updates on this project?
Thanks!

Yes indeed! This is an exiting two weeks for the board development. If everything goes as planned, which we are extremely confident of, our final board revision will be hashing in two weeks! We are ready for mass production, with the sourcing for parts revised (some power regulators were getting too warm for comfort, so we went with some higher-duty ones) and completed. We are opting for superior components because these boards will be sold with a one year warranty, covering board and component failure entirely but not end-user abuse or Avalon chip failure, because both of those variable are out of our control.

Once I have verified that the final revision is perfect and ready to go, I will open up an order form for these boards. For those of you new to the project, these boards will be overclockable to an estimated 350mh/s per chip, as opposed to the ~270mh/s per chip that other producers are offering.

Since Avalon is accepting orders for chips again, I will open up a batch 2 tonight. Batch 1 chips are still for sale, but at a large premium because of how early the order was placed (early May) and I'd like to keep some for myself as well Smiley

Further updates, pictures, and videos of the final product coming soon Smiley

Cheers,
Garrett

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 03:43:06 AM

In other news, have you seen Yifu taunting the 450 mh/s number? What are your thoughts on a water/oil cooled system? I figure the developers/designers are too far along to implement a similar feature until later down the road. I suppose cost analysis would need to be done first but was wondering if any discussion had arisen.

Yeah we know that that number will be achievable with proper cooling on our boards. We are certainly making the components much more robust than necessary in order to make this possible with modified cooling. For most people, it is not cost effective to have a water-cooled system, so we are leaving that up to you guys, the community. I'd love to see a water-cooling block developed for these after we release them!

--Garrett

bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:51:07 AM

Kevin.

Best,
Garrett

My parents are in Hayden lake how close? post falls?

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 11:44:15 AM

Kevin.

Best,
Garrett

My parents are in Hayden lake how close? post falls?

Hayden lake is less than 30 minutes from me Smiley

itreptau

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 01:40:28 PM

When will batch #2 arrive? August/September or September/October? And what will be the end price (board + chips)?

itreptau
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 02:05:15 PM

When will batch #2 arrive? August/September or September/October? And what will be the end price (board + chips)?

itreptau

Hi itreptau,

Batch two will arrive 9-10 weeks after the order is placed, so the sooner we can place it the better. Current projections are $130 per ten chips, but this will ultimately depend on whether we purchase a second batch and create a larger contract with the board assembly plant.

Additionally, I am working on a plan where you will be able to purchase boards at a discounted rate in exchange for a portion of the hashrate your board produces. This will allow for a slightly lower barrier to entry, which everyone should appreciate Smiley Stay tuned!

-Garrett

itreptau

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:55:28 PM

so its 130$ for the complete board, fully assembled with chips, working out-of-the-box?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 09:31:05 PM

so its 130$ for the complete board, fully assembled with chips, working out-of-the-box?

Correct. Everything you need execpt USB cable and PSU. Keep in mind that this price is still tentative, and subject to change before the order forms open in ~2 weeks.

clintar

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 10:48:20 PM

itreptau

Hi itreptau,

Batch two will arrive 9-10 weeks after the order is placed, so the sooner we can place it the better. Current projections are $130 per ten chips, but this will ultimately depend on whether we purchase a second batch and create a larger contract with the board assembly plant.

Additionally, I am working on a plan where you will be able to purchase boards at a discounted rate in exchange for a portion of the hashrate your board produces. This will allow for a slightly lower barrier to entry, which everyone should appreciate Smiley Stay tuned!

-Garrett
I thought the boards were supposed to be in 16 chip configurations.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 11:05:45 PM

itreptau

Hi itreptau,

-Garrett
I thought the boards were supposed to be in 16 chip configurations.

They were, but after extensive testing we decided to opt for a ten chip design. This allows for much more reliability when pushing the chips to their limits. The design is modular, so if one component does happen to fail, it will be a ton cheaper to replace just that component than it would with an all-in-one scenario (eg. klondike).

I am working on a plan to round orders to increments of ten and will release it in a few days. If you already ordered in an increment of 16: Do not worry, you will be fully compensated if you don't actually gain from the scenario Smiley

It's a great time to start mining!

-Garrett

itreptau

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:09:18 PM

Hmm, I dont know if its worth it. I used http://www.coinish.com/calc/ to calculate how much i would gain and its about 7 USD after a period of 12 months, not that high Cheesy
Street Jammer

Activity: 251

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 08:56:14 AM

Bought 16 chips

0ca427e18166685807f201fd6b0a68f33b198a4ac84cb2a893c48c5bd4dde9e2

redtwitz

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:31:40 PM

I know you're going to address these questions eventually, but I'm impatient! Wink

1. Any updates on order "rounding"? I've ordered 48 chips, so I need only 2 more to populate 5 boards.

2. Do you have a tentative cost of the 10 chip board without the chips?
ilpirata79

Activity: 353
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:46:45 PM

I would like to order a couple of complete mining board. Is it possible yet?

best regards,
ilpirata79
MilkyLep

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:26:39 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 09:32:12 PM by MilkyLep

ff5c6bcf2da56ff466f75bbd6876327ee9fbe7b7af4523a0a5058e2f92095d02

Sent bitcoins your way for another order.  Smiley

Let me know if you got the batch 1 order.

MilkyLep

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:03:20 PM

Has there been any notable progress on board production, possibly a prototype to test with sample chips? If this 10 chip module is definitive now has that changed any of the accessories heatsink/fan/case/microusb we will need?

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 09:35:14 AM

A large update regarding all of the above, and initial pricing and order forms will be coming in the next seven days.

I'm hard at work getting into pre-production stage, and things are progressing quite nicely Smiley

Cheers,
Garrett

PS: Batch one chip pricing temporarily lowered from 0.5 per chip to 0.2 per chip!

fasmax

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:15:51 PM

Looking forward to your update.
For people that haven't already bought into an early group buy I think you are the only alternative to TerraHash for getting a miner anytime soon.
When you show a working miner I think your remaining ASIC chips will disappear quickly.
Glad that I am already in line.

simon66

Activity: 423

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:37:04 PM

I don't get it. Is is 0.08 or 0.2 per chip?
ElitePork
Donator

Activity: 164

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:57:37 PM

Hi Garr255,
Just a few question

1) The boards that you are designing are mean for 10 chips? What is the estimated hashing power?

2) The pricing of a full complete working module is (10 * 0.2 for the chips) + 130. This is less the PSU? What power supply is needed?
Regards
redtwitz

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:03:18 PM

I don't get it. Is is 0.08 or 0.2 per chip?

Chips from batch 1 (ordered in May, should arrive in August) are BTC 0.2 each.

Chips from batch 2 (will be ordered when 5000 chips have been sold, should arrive 10 weeks after that) are BTC 0.08 each.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:31:26 PM

A large update regarding all of the above, and initial pricing and order forms will be coming in the next seven days.

I'm hard at work getting into pre-production stage, and things are progressing quite nicely Smiley

Cheers,
Garrett

PS: Batch one chip pricing temporarily lowered from 0.5 per chip to 0.2 per chip!

Hi Garr255

If I'm in Germany, would it be possible to just order 20 or 40 chips (and maybe a couple extras to be safe) from you and have you send them to http://www.burninmining.com/contact/  in Germany to be assembled in one of their units?
Not that I favor them, but I thought it would be quicker and and cheaper with customs?
I'd like to get in on the .2 per chip BTC price if possible from that first batch.

If not, how much would a 20 chip or 40 chip unit cost from the first batch of chips?

Thanks,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:20:16 AM

Yes I will be able to ship chips purchased in this order anywhere you'd like Smiley

Final revision boards are on their way back to the lab from the fab in China. I will be posting an update this week with pictures of the hashing board and finalized pricing!

Cheers,
Garrett

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:24:32 AM

Hi Garr255,
Just a few question

1) The boards that you are designing are mean for 10 chips? What is the estimated hashing power?

2) The pricing of a full complete working module is (10 * 0.2 for the chips) + 130. This is less the PSU? What power supply is needed?
Regards

Hello,

1) Yes that is correct. Estimated minimum power is 350mh/s per chip * 10 = 3.5gh/s. we might be able to squeeze out 450-500 mh/s per chip with proper cooling however.

2) That is correct. A standard ATX PSU will be suitable for this.

davewr2013

Activity: 238

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:06:28 PM

Hmm, I dont know if its worth it. I used http://www.coinish.com/calc/ to calculate how much i would gain and its about 7 USD after a period of 12 months, not that high Cheesy

I used the 0.2 BTC per chip figure and used his board costs plus other estimates and could not see how to make it pay either -- even beginning in August of this year.

At .08 or .09 per chip and a board cost -- getting delivery in August for possible September mining -- and onwards looks like it might pay.

I used the calculator on The Genesis Block -- plus my own cost estimates -- to do the best guess that I could. What am I missing if anything? Can anyone help here.

Before anyone comments -- I have designed boards embedded systems and mainframe components so I am familiar with the hardware cycles and design issues. I am also familiar with costing and estimating. Somehow I am just not seeing this.

Has anybody got a link to a costing / estimating program for Bitcoin mining that can show how this board would pay for itself with an (mid) August or September startup?

Appreciate any response as this seems to be one of the few ways something might be done -- as the big houses seem to have delivery troubles.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
Street Jammer

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 04:44:05 PM

Is the batch two chips ordered ?

Can i cancel my previous batch two order and buy some chips from first order ?

Street Jammer

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 10:11:00 PM

well you were not responsive as expected , i dont wanna continue with this anymore

I have sent emails and pms regarding my batch 2 order few days back no replies yet as its not ordered yet after a month of paying

please refund 1.28 BTC TX ID: 0ca427e18166685807f201fd6b0a68f33b198a4ac84cb2a893c48c5bd4dde9e2 

my wallet id: 17C5dwCwixMUBBQMbsZ9xW9gUfMsHTwkkm

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:56:03 AM

well you were not responsive as expected , i dont wanna continue with this anymore

I have sent emails and pms regarding my batch 2 order few days back no replies yet as its not ordered yet after a month of paying

please refund 1.28 BTC TX ID: 0ca427e18166685807f201fd6b0a68f33b198a4ac84cb2a893c48c5bd4dde9e2 

Refunded. http://blockchain.info/tx/b70919d5f3bf6c23713251a20c656686ee571c6d190774b5e5ada8e6b28c2f00

Please understand that it is not my fault that Avalon has not sent the chips yet. In the purchasing agreement you actually agreed that there will be no refunds because of Avalon not delivering within a given time frame.

Board prices are finally finalized and coming your way via a post later tonight!

djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:53:31 PM

Refunded. http://blockchain.info/tx/b70919d5f3bf6c23713251a20c656686ee571c6d190774b5e5ada8e6b28c2f00

Please understand that it is not my fault that Avalon has not sent the chips yet. In the purchasing agreement you actually agreed that there will be no refunds because of Avalon not delivering within a given time frame.

Board prices are finally finalized and coming your way via a post later tonight!

Do you have any pics of the boards yet?  Looking forward to seeing the design and final pricing...
newmars

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:07:55 PM

waiting to see Board details/prices
MilkyLep

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 05:16:03 AM

Let's say hypothetically you received the chips tomorrow. How long for assembly (of 10 chip boards?) then packaging and shipping for all batch 1 orders?

You mentioned you had video of a prototype?

davewr2013

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 08:10:23 AM

Two weeks turnaround for assembly is reasonable for offshore work -- and I think that is what he is using. This is what every board supplier I have contacted is saying anyway as to reasonable expectations.

The Avalon chips are (to me anyway) the most difficult issue. Best estimates seem to be between Aug 14th and 21st is when some people might get some chips. This could even be true, or not.

Probably a dart board with the numbers 0-31 ( or maybe even 62) and a couple of darts could do as reasonable a pair estimates -- assuming you hit the board.

He seems to be doing no worse than others in the same situation(s).

fwiw

Note: I then saw this thread!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269950.0

cheers

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 05:57:02 PM

Hey all,

It will be a ~2 week turnaround time after receiving the chips, yes.

Order forms are open! http://cognitivehardware.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=25

Chips are not included with any of the miner configurations.

newmars

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 06:13:39 PM

I see the minimum is 20 Chip Miner.
How to do with a Batch 1 order of 16 chips?
djjacket

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 06:33:53 PM

Same question as you earlier stated it was to be a 10-chip miner and it looks like all boards start at 20 chips.  Can they run with only 10?  16?
davewr2013

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:05:01 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 07:30:12 PM by davewr2013

Hey all,

You really should be more clear...

Your Order page says:
  • Includes everything you need to get started with Bitcoin mining, minus the PSU. See thread for detail..

To me that includes the chips. Now does it or doesn't it? I have the $$ I'm interested and I'm spending time trying to figure out what you are selling.

Is this CIH? Or are you waiting on the never-never plan. In the first post it implies that you have some chips in hand. Correct or not?

Be absolutely clear or people will not be happy.

Edit: A further note: The web pages say things like...
Brand: Cognitive
Product Code: AC20
Availability: In Stock

That means -- ready to ship -- all built, no waiting for chips. True or not? I can have it by UPS as fast as they can ship. Right?

Ascension

Activity: 457

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:42:14 PM

Hey all,

Can we get some pictures of the actual boards?
redtwitz

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 08:24:55 PM

I have a couple of questions:

1) Is a 50 chip miner a single unit with 50 chips or just five 10 chip miners at a discount price.

2) I have already ordered and paid for 48 chips @ BTC 0.10. If I order the 50 chip miner, do I just add 2 Avalon chips from the shop to my purchase?

I've tried to follow the first checkout steps to see the final price in BTC, but I can't get past step 2. If you select United States in Country, the drop-down Region/State doesn't get loaded.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 08:43:37 PM

I have a couple of questions:

1) Is a 50 chip miner a single unit with 50 chips or just five 10 chip miners at a discount price.

2) I have already ordered and paid for 48 chips @ BTC 0.10. If I order the 50 chip miner, do I just add 2 Avalon chips from the shop to my purchase?

I've tried to follow the first checkout steps to see the final price in BTC, but I can't get past step 2. If you select United States in Country, the drop-down Region/State doesn't get loaded.

1) The 50 chip miner is 5 of the 10 chip boards, mounted onto one backplane, connected to one power distribution board. It is cheaper to order in increments of 80, and cheapest to order in increments of 320 because of this.

Sorry about that, the 10 chip board wasn't loading properly but I've fixed it. You should see it now at http://cognitivehardware.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25&product_id=61

You can round your order up using the chips available in-store.

You really should be more clear...

Your Order page says:
  • Includes everything you need to get started with Bitcoin mining, minus the PSU. See thread for detail..

To me that includes the chips. Now does it or doesn't it? I have the $$ I'm interested and I'm spending time trying to figure out what you are selling.

Is this CIH? Or are you waiting on the never-never plan. In the first post it implies that you have some chips in hand. Correct or not?

Be absolutely clear or people will not be happy.

Edit: A further note: The web pages say things like...
Brand: Cognitive
Product Code: AC20
Availability: In Stock

That means -- ready to ship -- all built, no waiting for chips. True or not? I can have it by UPS as fast as they can ship. Right?

There are two tabs of the web site, and one says "Pre-Orders". Everything in that category is indeed a pre-order, not a "Ready-to-Ship" miner. I am currently still awaiting the delivery from Avalon and that is the reason I am not selling ready-to-go miners yet. I am sorry that all of this wasn't clear to you already.

Can we get some pictures of the actual boards?

Sure thing!

Ascension

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:18:10 PM

Have you completed your testing to see how far you can push the chips on just air cooling? Is this basically a avalon clone? Judging from the pictures it looks very similar.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:20:10 PM

Have you completed your testing to see how far you can push the chips on just air cooling? Is this basically a avalon clone? Judging from the pictures it looks very similar.

Yes we started with the avalon-reference boards, then beefed them and their components up enabling us to push the chips to their physical limitations.

We haven't been able to see just how far they will go yet, due to some capacitor malfunctions at the fab in China, but they will certainly be one of the fastest boards out there Smiley

Ascension

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:31:17 PM

Yes we started with the avalon-reference boards, then beefed them and their components up enabling us to push the chips to their physical limitations.

We haven't been able to see just how far they will go yet, due to some capacitor malfunctions at the fab in China, but they will certainly be one of the fastest boards out there Smiley

Will you be creating a case for these boards to fit in? something modular maybe? Will this be setup for USB host or will it connect just like the avalons?
turtle83

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 09:50:21 PM

When you do get to push its limits... try to also test how far can it be pushed when running in hot ambient like 30C ... Just that if it does get too hot it shouldnt break or be too slow...

MilkyLep

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:31:32 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 10:52:15 PM by MilkyLep

Any more specifications or details about the boards? Power usage? Prototype?

$340/10 chip module is considerably higher than other options, it seems you offer the best value when purchasing multiple "boards."

I know you've mentioned possibly squeezing out 350-400mh/s from each chip (who knows how long these overclocked chips can last) but what unseen costs/values are there in these Avalon clones?

Early order date? The majority of Avalon chip orders looks delayed and might possibly ship at the same time.

Efficiency? Easy installation? Case included?

You linked this thread as a source for details, but to be quite honest, there's a scarce pickin' of information regarding the product here.

EDIT:
  • Dimensions?
  • How is power sourced to the board?
  • Whats the arrangement look like for a completed 8/16/32 module?
  • Do you have any ideas to the running temp of units?
  • Flat rate shipping for everything/anything (within US) is $50?
  • Why are you only accepting BTC for orders? I imagine all production costs are in fiat, wouldn't accepting USD lower fees?
  • Order now, pay now, then placed in order queue. Shipping products according to order placement?

davewr2013

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:48:42 PM

I had a look at that image. I see places to mount the white plugs -- but no place to mount IC's. What board is that?

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:07:53 PM

Will you be creating a case for these boards to fit in? something modular maybe? Will this be setup for USB host or will it connect just like the avalons?

Yes. There are multiple case designs underway, and each of them will be sold separately.

One-module design:

(stripped down) 98-module design, for large scale miners:

The will connect just like Avalons, although you could use a single raspberry pi if you'd prefer.

Here are more board pics:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9542654/btc/Cognitive/ctrl-board.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9542654/btc/Cognitive/ctrl-board-back.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9542654/btc/Cognitive/hash-board2.jpg

• Dimensions?
  • How is power sourced to the board?
  • Whats the arrangement look like for a completed 8/16/32 module?
  • Do you have any ideas to the running temp of units?
  • Flat rate shipping for everything/anything (within US) is $50?
  • Why are you only accepting BTC for orders? I imagine all production costs are in fiat, wouldn't accepting USD lower fees?
  • Order now, pay now, then placed in order queue. Shipping products according to order placement?

1-4: Same as original Avalons
5: Yes.
6: I am using Bit-Pay to facilitate the btc -> usd transfer.
7: Correct.

josiasrdz

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:20:25 PM

Garr255 I ordered 32 chips, can I get a refund for the extra 2 chips?

MilkyLep

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:44:50 AM

Cool, didn't know CogMin boards would be so close to a replica. Just needed to hear some more from you before nearly doubling my investment, didn't intend to interrogate.  Cheesy

The recent increase in communication/plans/details/pictures reminds me of why I choose to order from you. I'd like to say thank you for sticking with us.

My second order for batch one chips totaled BTC6.5; I was planning on holding onto the 5 spare chips as emergency replacements in case the 80chip miner needed maintenance. From others on the forum it sounds like duds/broken chips are a very rare occurrence and not worth worrying about. Here comes my question/favor : Is there any chance you would allocate that extra BTC.5 towards shipping costs? It doesn't really seem feasible/logical to add 5 more chips for another board (9 total), considering the module setup/payment tiers.

Thanks for your time Garrett, this is getting exciting!

P.S. Have you gotten word from BitSyncom about any shipping updates? Possibly including the 200k chips "stuck" in customs? Do you think there is any use in pressuring Yifu for chip reimbursement (late delivery) like with some avalon batches?

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 05:10:00 AM

Yes. I will have a method of doing this when I come back on Tuesday.

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 05:11:04 AM

Cool, didn't know CogMin boards would be so close to a replica. Just needed to hear some more from you before nearly doubling my investment, didn't intend to interrogate.  Cheesy

The recent increase in communication/plans/details/pictures reminds me of why I choose to order from you. I'd like to say thank you for sticking with us.

My second order for batch one chips totaled BTC6.5; I was planning on holding onto the 5 spare chips as emergency replacements in case the 80chip miner needed maintenance. From others on the forum it sounds like duds/broken chips are a very rare occurrence and not worth worrying about. Here comes my question/favor : Is there any chance you would allocate that extra BTC.5 towards shipping costs? It doesn't really seem feasible/logical to add 5 more chips for another board (9 total), considering the module setup/payment tiers.

Thanks for your time Garrett, this is getting exciting!

P.S. Have you gotten word from BitSyncom about any shipping updates? Possibly including the 200k chips "stuck" in customs? Do you think there is any use in pressuring Yifu for chip reimbursement (late delivery) like with some avalon batches?

Thanks for the positive words Smiley

Just like the situation posted above yours, I will have a plan to round the extra chips one way or another soon.

Cheers,
Garrett

redtwitz

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 05:24:41 AM

1) The 50 chip miner is 5 of the 10 chip boards, mounted onto one backplane, connected to one power distribution board. It is cheaper to order in increments of 80, and cheapest to order in increments of 320 because of this.

Nice. I was already wondering how to connect 5 separate boards to my PSU.

Yes. I will have a method of doing this when I come back on Tuesday.

Just let him split his order and sell them to me. I wouldn't mind being able to buy the 2 chips I need at 0.1 BTC each. Tongue
fasmax

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:13:30 PM

Do you have working FPGA controller boards built and working?
bwstacker

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:08:45 AM

I asked the same question it direct me to faq. I read that they were in development. But that weas b an old post. If you find out tell me I would like to have a coule 10 or 20. Will buy chips as I go.
hak8or

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:51:21 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 06:23:30 AM by hak8or

Now this looks interesting!

I am interested more in getting the 80 chip mining board set from you instead of just the asics themselves (80 * 0.09 BTC is 7.2 BTC or roughly 720 USD, you're selling the miner for 720, heh). Can you say in what order you will be using the Asics? Are the group orders the first to go and your mining equipment being shipped out after you get the last batch from avalon, or did you do another order before these group buys just for asics for your miners? To put it shortly, if I order a miner from you instead of asic's, can you say what the timing of getting my order will be relative to other people getting their avalon asic's from your group buys?

Also, so you are waiting solely on the asics from Avalon? Once you get them you are ready to send the boards and asic's to your pick and place machines, or do you still have to fab the PCB's?

To put it even shorter, do you have a time frame for buying miners from you?

Edit: Here is a cost rundown of their mining offerings

For comparisons sake, AsicMiners 11 (+1 for overclocking capability) Ghash/s board costs roughly 1,300 USD, coming out to 118 USD per Ghash/s.

Does not come with chips, nevermind then.
clintar

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:45:25 PM

I really don't get what is on order here. Is this just the board that can have 10 chips installed would be $339? What happened to
130$ for the complete board, fully assembled with chips, working out-of-the-box
I know it was tentative, but that's a big change. Maybe my reading comprehension isn't so good...

Is it $330 including chips, and whatever we've already purchased in chips goes toward that price, and if so, how is that handled (accounting for us buying in lots of 16 especially)?
djjacket

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:49:03 PM

I really don't get what is on order here. Is this just the board that can have 10 chips installed would be $339? What happened to
130$ for the complete board, fully assembled with chips, working out-of-the-box
I know it was tentative, but that's a big change. Maybe my reading comprehension isn't so good...

Is it $330 including chips, and whatever we've already purchased in chips goes toward that price, and if so, how is that handled (accounting for us buying in lots of 16 especially)?

That's probably his cost for the assembled board   Sad
Dataroth

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:25:30 PM

I was thinking the same thing about the change from an estimated $130 to the cost in the store. 
MilkyLep

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:22:59 AM

I was thinking the same thing about the change from an estimated $130 to the cost in the store. 

It really helps to order in multiples, if you order the 8 hashing module unit, you pay ~$97/board and thats including shipping.

Garrett, sent you a PM, please get back to me at your earliest convenience.

Dataroth

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:22:23 PM

Oh, I agree on the multiples part.  I bought 50 chips, so with shipping it's still around $130 per.  Speaking of, $50 shipping?  Anyway, for me it's still the same price, but I feel sorry for people who only bought 10 or 20 chips.  BTW Milkylep, love the avatar.  Archer is one of my favorite shows.
clintar

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:13:10 PM

I'm still confused about the pricing. If anyone wants my original shares at original pricing for rounding out theirs, I'm willing to transfer if Garrett wants to do it. I've got 16 chips in this group buy. I don't think I can justify the cost of a board, otherwise I guess I'm out the 16 chips worth. Live and learn.
Molex1701

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:29:04 AM

Hi Clintar,
  Are these from group 1 at .08 then? I'll take them if OP lets us change address to mine for them.

Good day.
clintar

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:39:21 AM

Hi Clintar,
  Are these from group 1 at .08 then? I'll take them if OP lets us change address to mine for them.

Good day.
It was at .1 each at the time I bought.
Molex1701

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:39:44 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 10:15:14 PM by Molex1701

Oh.  I'll take the the 16 and 0.1.

Just me me know if still wanting to sell at the 0.1 price and address to send the btc.   Then i'll have to see if I can update info to my own address.   Did you get an order number from them to reference by?

Good Day.
Lloydimiller4

Activity: 186

Monero

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:30:41 PM

Just purchased 80 chips in batch 2

How long do we have to purchase the PCB? Can I use paypal for the PCB payment?

Thanks

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
Molex1701

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:41:36 AM

Sorry going to have to withdraw offer.  Going a different direction.  Good Day.
clintar

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:42:38 PM

Sorry going to have to withdraw offer.  Going a different direction.  Good Day.
K, thanks anyway. Offer still stands 16 chips at .1 BTC.
bitterdog

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:03:44 PM

Is this project still alive? The OP hasn't posted anything since the 21st yet his last activity was yesterday

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 09:47:39 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2013, 04:27:15 PM by eroxors

He's a kid in Jr. High college with other concerns. He will probably come back and clear things up when the chips arrive.

MilkyLep

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 05:37:28 AM

Seeing as how Bitsyncom managed a massive clusterfuck of bulk chip delivery promises, (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269950.msg3032534#msg3032534)
will you be pursuing a refund? There's a great chance these chips will produce horrendous ROI similar to early AM usb erupters.

bitterdog :
I'm not defending eroxors' opinion, but it is not unusual for Garr to post somewhat weekly updates here or in his Cognitive Asset thread in Securities.

Bees Brothers

Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 03:07:26 PM

I believe Garr has just started college and spent this past week(s) moving from ID to MT and also moved his mining operations with him. This might be part of the reason he has been rather absent on the forums...

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
clintar

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:27:16 PM

Hope we can get a refund... Hope Garr comes back
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 07:14:11 AM

Hey all,

Sorry for the long wait before this update, like BeesBros said, I'm in the process of moving and have been extremely busy the past few weeks.

As for this project, everything is ready to go on my end, we're just waiting for the delivery of the chips from Avalon, which they keep delaying just like BFL did.

--Garrett

MilkyLep

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 11:17:53 PM

At this point the chips are beginning to look unprofitable and worse unattainable. Yifu seems to be buckling under the pressure and implies bulk chip orders (for out of China residents) may never arrive. Since he has put up a form for refunds, what are you're opinions on requesting one? It seems some individuals in the group buy wish to request a refund...?

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:38:30 PM

At this point the chips are beginning to look unprofitable and worse unattainable. Yifu seems to be buckling under the pressure and implies bulk chip orders (for out of China residents) may never arrive. Since he has put up a form for refunds, what are you're opinions on requesting one? It seems some individuals in the group buy wish to request a refund...?

I have been confronted by a few individuals requesting refunds, and I have recently stopped accepting them because I have been doing it entirely out-of-pocket. I will poll all of the group-buy participants via email. One chip ordered will count as one vote, and if 50% or more of the chip-votes vote to request a refund, that is what we will do and everyone will be refunded at the same rate per chip that I am given back from Avalon.

I am sorry that Avalon has failed to deliver so far, and I will do everything I can to make sure this situation has the best result possible.

clintar

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 06:33:43 PM

I have been confronted by a few individuals requesting refunds, and I have recently stopped accepting them because I have been doing it entirely out-of-pocket. I will poll all of the group-buy participants via email. One chip ordered will count as one vote, and if 50% or more of the chip-votes vote to request a refund, that is what we will do and everyone will be refunded at the same rate per chip that I am given back from Avalon.

I am sorry that Avalon has failed to deliver so far, and I will do everything I can to make sure this situation has the best result possible.
To be clear here, are you counting % of actual votes? Otherwise, if someone doesn't see the message, they are automatically counted as for not getting a refund, right? That doesn't sound legit.
fasmax

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 12:11:04 AM

I didn't get any email but would vote for refund at this point.
32 chips.

turtle83

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 06:38:23 AM

32 chips.

same here 102 chips

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:51:00 AM

I haven't sent out that email yet, you can expect to see it by the end of this week.

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:51:53 AM

To be clear here, are you counting % of actual votes? Otherwise, if someone doesn't see the message, they are automatically counted as for not getting a refund, right? That doesn't sound legit.

I think you're right in your thinking: We should count non-responders as voting for a refund.

Dataroth

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 03:23:53 PM

Perhaps I'm wrong, but if we are moving forward with a refund survey, waiting is the last thing we should be doing.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:40:14 PM

I understand, and it will be sent out tonight (PST).

Perhaps I'm wrong, but if we are moving forward with a refund survey, waiting is the last thing we should be doing.

fasmax

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 11:16:49 PM

I haven't received any email. Has the email been sent ?
Dataroth

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 05:56:40 PM

32 chips.

same here 102 chips

No email yet.  Am I being presumptive to say let's just go ahead and vote here?  Well anyway, here's another 50 votes for a refund.  We've got to get the ball rolling.
MilkyLep

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:28:47 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 01:20:41 AM by MilkyLep

Hopefully now that its the weekend Garr will have some time to drop in before the frat parties start!  Tongue

As far as votes are being considered, when you say it'll be a percentage that determines refund/no refund status, are your (or Cog's) chips being included in the count and/or vote? I imagine you "own" the majority of the bulk order? Would you mind sharing a rough estimate of who owns what percentage of chips? (Private investor/group buyers/Cognitive/etc?)Sorry if I'm stating the obvious or making assumptions here, I just want everything to be clear so there are no misunderstandings, not attempting to rile anyone up.

At this point in time I'd vote for a refund as well. Unless by some miracle Avalon decides to ship 2 for 1 orders. That'd sure make my Chi feel better...

No email yet.  Am I being presumptive to say let's just go ahead and vote here?  Well anyway, here's another 50 votes for a refund.  We've got to get the ball rolling.

turtle83

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 10:19:41 PM

In addition to my yes vote... id also like to say i wouldn't mind if OP deducts some fees for handling, etc... i think a considerable amount of work was put in organizing things...

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 11:21:53 PM

In addition to my yes vote... id also like to say i wouldn't mind if OP deducts some fees for handling, etc... i think a considerable amount of work was put in organizing things...

I just sent out an email, here is a copy of it:

Hey all,

Please respond to this email with a "YES" to vote for a refund or a "NO" to vote against a refund from Avalon. Personally, I will be voting for a refund. Avalon has failed to deliver the chips on time and is now offering a full refund in BTC. I will refund the btc recieved from Avalon to each group-buy participant proportionally to the total amount I receive from Avalon. For more info regarding the matter please refer to the forums.

Best,
Garrett

If you were a participant in the group-buy and didn't receive this, email me your vote: asic[at]garr255[dotcom]

MilkyLep: Cognitive and myself were both very large participants in this group-buy, and I will be voting yes for a refund. Cognitive's vote will come in soon.

--Garrett

Dataroth

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 01:09:37 PM

Should be a slam dunk to request the refund. In the Avalon news thread someone posted that their order status changed to shipped after they requested a refund.
MilkyLep

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:06:02 PM

Should be a slam dunk to request the refund. In the Avalon news thread someone posted that their order status changed to shipped after they requested a refund.

Unfortunately I think you may be right. Although its good news Garr255 shares the sentiment of his group buy participants, time for refunds are dwindling. Although Yifu can issue refunds I think we all know Yifu does not want to refund bulk orders.

This late May order could easily ship next week while we wait for Cognitive's shareholders to vote:

Code:
COGNITIVE: Motion YES: 1438 - NO: 0 - ABSTAIN: 2 - OUTSTANDING: 10420 (1438/10418 = 13.8% Approval)
Title Avalon Refund
Vote Between 2013-09-06 16:00:00 (EDT)  and  2013-09-13 16:00:00 (EDT) -- Polls Currently Open!
Motion

If this motions passes, we shall request a refund from the group-buy organizers we used to purchase our Avalon chips. Additionally, all COG.F contracts will be converted at a 1:1 rate to COG.F2 contracts. This should be beneficial to holders of each fund, because Cognitive now has better (more cost+power effective) alternatives to Avalon chips.

I'm worried about the situation us smaller guys might be found in while waiting another week just to submit the refund request.

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:31:51 PM

I see your concern here. Hopefully we will have 50% of the chip-votes voting yes before the Cognitive motion ends, then there will be no need to wait for it and we can request our refund sooner!

Cheers,
Garrett

sebdude420

Activity: 397
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 07:42:14 PM

I am thinking of ordering chips also with this group buy. When are they estimated too be distributed in the batch #2?

OG Bitcoin Miner turned Proof of Stake Validator.
Maxed out Raspberry Pi 4 8GB at 120$ a Day Revenue with ~15K XTZ Bonds in Summer of 2021.
Looking at Proof of Stake systems all across the crypto ecosystem to expand operations.
Dataroth

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 02:26:58 AM

Any update on the cognitive voting? 
kakobrekla

Activity: 714

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:06:58 AM

Lol, you idiots still doing 'business' with proven scammer Garr.

Dataroth

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:58:23 PM

Bump!  What's the status of the Cognitive voting?
MilkyLep

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 01:42:07 PM

COGNITIVE:
Motion YES: 2410 - NO: 238 - ABSTAIN: 2 - OUTSTANDING: 10420 (2410/10418 = 23.1% Approval)
Title    Avalon Refund
Vote Between    2013-09-06 16:00:00 (EDT)  and  2013-09-13 16:00:00 (EDT) -- Polls Currently Open!

Dataroth

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:26:47 PM

Thanks.  I see where to check it now.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:18:06 AM

Lots of votes coming in, all of them but one are 'yes' so far! Still haven't reaches 50% yet, I will request a refund when we do!

MilkyLep

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:11:16 PM

Still need another 2593 votes to reach 50% votes with Cognitive.

Thats out of a total 6882 remaining votes.

I really wish Cognitive shareholders would start voting.

Dataroth

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:51:45 PM

+1
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 08:19:21 PM

+1

I'll be sending a notification soon, so that should alert the rest of the shareholders that aren't extremely active here.

--Garrett

Dataroth

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:19:26 PM

54% approval.  File the refund request now!  Don't wait, file it immediately.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 05:59:09 PM

54% approval.  File the refund request now!  Don't wait, file it immediately.

Already done Smiley

Dataroth

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 06:07:24 PM

Great!  Thank you.
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 01:19:56 PM

I hate to say it, but you probably have chips already on their way to you?

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 06:30:40 AM

I hate to say it, but you probably have chips already on their way to you?

Nope I've got no shipping notification. I'll post back when the refund processes!

MilkyLep

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 03:53:43 AM

Have you heard acknowledgment of the refund request being received?

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:45:57 PM

Have you heard acknowledgment of the refund request being received?

Yes I received an email this morning saying that it will be sent soon.

MilkyLep

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:02:19 PM

Thanks Garrett. I think we all wanted this to work out. However its time to look forward now.

Lloydimiller4

Monero

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:48:08 PM

Is the refund for both batches or just the first batch?

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
Dataroth

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:45:29 PM

What is this refund on 9/11/13 for?

https://blockchain.info/tx/61da257b9ee2547c953ed2c7a4fa38186791bc8d633b4636c20647c0fa0ed4ba

turtle83

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 01:33:53 PM

This does look like the refund... from a week ago...  @OP pls comment...

Dataroth

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:23:02 PM

It'd be nice to get an update as to what that refund was for.  I hate to think Garr is trying to keep the refund for himself.
MilkyLep

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:56:27 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 05:14:05 PM by MilkyLep

There was a mass refund from Bitsyncom yesterday or the day before, perhaps the order this group buy belongs to was included?

It's a little discerning that Garr had the time to log in earlier but not update us or even Cognitive's shareholders. I imagine issuing such a refund to participants is no easy task though.

clintar

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:32:58 PM

Doubt he'd be doing anything to hurt his rep or piss off his cognatives. Sure would be nice to hear from him, though...
bitterdog

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:52:44 PM

Its funny how the block chain rats people out

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
kakobrekla

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:35:46 PM

Doubt he'd be doing anything to hurt his rep

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238459.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238474.0

What rep you talking about? Rep of being scammy fucking retarded dick sucking kiddo liar? Can't hurt that.

And no, I did not made that shit up, thanks for the props anyway.

Dataroth

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:38:25 PM

There was a mass refund from Bitsyncom yesterday or the day before, perhaps the order this group buy belongs to was included?

It's a little discerning that Garr had the time to log in earlier but not update us or even Cognitive's shareholders. I imagine issuing such a refund to participants is no easy task though.

Is it hard to say I received the refund and I'll start sending it out to people?
clintar

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:40:22 PM

Thought someone might bring that up. This might be seen as a little bit more severe if he just walked away with all the bitcoins. I don't know. Maybe I'm not being harsh enough.
kakobrekla

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:53:39 PM

Thought someone might bring that up. This might be seen as a little bit more severe if he just walked away with all the bitcoins. I don't know. Maybe I'm not being harsh enough.

Another shill account or just retarded?

clintar

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 01:44:32 AM

Another shill account or just retarded?
You just trying to instigate something? Wow. You seem like someone that doesn't make/keep a lot of friends. Hey, I didn't know anything about his other dealings when i signed up for this. I'm not trying to defend the guy, but I've had no issues with Garr up to this point, so I'll wait a bit and see what happens. What else can I do except go around calling people retarded? I'm sure I don't have as much as others have in this, so maybe I'm not up in arms as much as I would be if I invested a lot. At one point I thought I wasn't going to get anything back, so I'm glad they are issuing refunds. I don't know what's going on here, either. I guess I should have put more thought into using someone that used and escrow. I just gotta sit and wait until/if he responds. But go ahead and keep firing away at people if you want.
MilkyLep

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:36:39 AM

Is it hard to say I received the refund and I'll start sending it out to people?

Unfortunately just because it is a refund does not mean it is the refund we are waiting on. Garr had been involved with BTC for awhile and I'm sure he has other mining business happening on the sidelines.

Of course all these deserved assumptions could be laid to rest with an update. 

Dataroth

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 01:38:13 PM

Of course all these deserved assumptions could be laid to rest with an update. 

Well said and again no update yet even though he logged on a couple times last night.
fasmax

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 11:09:22 PM

Any updates on a refund procedure ?
kakobrekla

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 03:42:38 PM

...I don't know what's going on here, either...

You are certainly right about that.

Dataroth

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:24:14 PM

Well Garr was on a bit ago and took the time to post in the securities section but not here. I'm hoping to hear back from Avalon soon about my inquiry into the refund.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:39:47 PM

Hey all, I've been waiting until the refund was process to announce it, and it has been!

To claim your refund:
Send me an email: asic[at]garr255 dot com with the information:
Forum handle (if applicable)
Number of chips purchased
Sending address (used to purchase the chips)

I will start processing refunds on Wednesday, 25 September 2013. This will allow sufficient time to resolve disputes if any false claims show up. If you do not want the btc refunded to your sending address for whatever reason, please sign a message with your sending address containing "My email is: [email] and I would like my chip purchase to be refunded to: [new btc address]".

If you have any other questions regarding the process, feel free to email me or post here.

Best,
Garrett

Dataroth

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:33:36 PM

I'll send an email as well, but here's my information in case you don't get the email:

Dataroth
50 chips - 5 BTC
1JRyw6LWEqjNmgkAusD214bzHmYUVnFaGc

I'm also curious as to the trans ID of the refund you received from Avalon.  The wallet most have been processed from doesn't have enough BTC to refund a batch now.
MilkyLep

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:33:51 AM

I'm also curious as to the trans ID of the refund you received from Avalon.  The wallet most have been processed from doesn't have enough BTC to refund a batch now.

I don't disagree with a proposition to augment the transparency of the refund process. I believe the aforementioned trans ID ( or official refund wallet ) would go a long way to ease people's qualms/nerves.

On another note, I can't quite ascertain the reason waiting further until Wednesday is necessary to process refunds. Do you mean you will begin parsing through the requests on the 25th or rather begin issuing refunds through the blockchain? I understand and respect your decision to verify requests in order to avoid any scams/losses, but surely you already possess the required information needed for refunds. Can't false claims be handled on a case by case basis?

My refund request information for back-up, also e-mailed earlier today :

MilkyLep

85 (8.5 BTC)

1BzE13qJKnmUwv5fuRANmy1QjbrkjiRtgX
RtgX

bitterdog

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:01:22 AM

I think he is trying to make sure people do not claim a refund that are not entitled to one. Give him a few days, if at that time progress is not made start grabbing the pitch forks

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
fasmax

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:10:59 AM

Please refund the following purchase.
fasmax
32 -chips
15mzZY6cHF8KGnepVdbh3tELy9GGjRBqYA

Transaction ID: 35470fb22f69d8abf6c1b081a0aabd4939e950d08b2266d3a24c61e676da7adf
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:17:16 PM

I think he is trying to make sure people do not claim a refund that are not entitled to one. Give him a few days, if at that time progress is not made start grabbing the pitch forks

That is correct. Just in the case that someone is trying to impersonate another is why I'm doing it this way. Better safe than sorry!

djjacket

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:46:03 PM

Forum handle - djjacket
Number of chips purchased - 10 - BTC2
Sending address (used to purchase the chips) - 14GDvZXS8QeggKavDego64N5v4ayJhEqMY
TX ID - 77b0a5314814ec2b5498e30c130cd83d284977fd4371612e42af6ae373f5f5c4

I have also sent an email separately and will post feedback and trust rating feedback once refund is processed.
MilkyLep

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:03:48 PM

I'm all for signing a message using my address. Would take me less than two minutes if that aids in the overall process here.

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:05:10 PM

I'm all for signing a message using my address. Would take me less than two minutes if that aids in the overall process here.

It will if there is a dispute or you would like to change your refund address from your sending address. Otherwise it won't be necessary.

Thanks to all who have submitted claims so far. As stated previously, all submitted refunds will go out on Wednesday.

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:54:45 AM

I sent out refunds for all who have claimed them about two minutes ago. The refunded amount is in proportion to the amount Avalon refunded me, therefore, BTC782.1/10000 chips = BTC0.07821 refunded per chip.

Best,
Garrett

redtwitz

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:37:50 AM

Confirming I got refunded for 48 chips. Thanks.
Dataroth

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 07:01:07 PM

Why can I not an answer about the transaction ID for the refund that was received from Avalon?  It's a pretty simple question really.
Lloydimiller4

Monero

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:00:58 AM

Just requested my refund by E-mail now.

turtle83

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 08:57:50 AM

Just requested my refund by E-mail now.

I requested 6 days ago

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:37:16 PM

Refunds for the past week will be processed today, and every Wednesday in the future until they are all claimed.

Cheers,
Garrett

MilkyLep

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 06:32:45 AM

Posting this here because I never got a response. This was sent on September 25.

Did group buyers here help pay for Cognitive's latest order of hardware from CoinTerra?

Hello Garrett,

Thank you for processing the refund, I checked my wallet before leaving for work and saw the funds. I know this task required more energy and time than we all foresaw. I'm thrilled that everyone was able to receive a semblance of return when the situation with Bitsyncom looked so bleak and dim.

However, even though I expected a fee for your work and time devoted to the group buy I find it strange to only refund a portion of what you charged everyone. Premium priced, undelivered chips were sold to group buyers yet only a fraction of the funds were refunded. I don't feel it's right to demand a full refund for reasons I've stated earlier but something closer to .9 btc/chip seems it would be beneficial to all parties involved. This would allow you to collect a deserved 10% fee while ensuring chip participants don't lose ~20% of their "investment."

I believe facilitating further explanation and discussions on the forum would be in everyone's best interest. Although I understand the group buy was a separate project from Cognitive I don't doubt people will bring awareness to any clear implications.

I look forward to hearing from you in email or on bitcointalk.

Best Regards,
MilkyLep

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:17:26 AM

Posting this here because I never got a response. This was sent on September 25.

Did group buyers here help pay for Cognitive's latest order of hardware from CoinTerra?

Hello Garrett,

Thank you for processing the refund, I checked my wallet before leaving for work and saw the funds. I know this task required more energy and time than we all foresaw. I'm thrilled that everyone was able to receive a semblance of return when the situation with Bitsyncom looked so bleak and dim.

However, even though I expected a fee for your work and time devoted to the group buy I find it strange to only refund a portion of what you charged everyone. Premium priced, undelivered chips were sold to group buyers yet only a fraction of the funds were refunded. I don't feel it's right to demand a full refund for reasons I've stated earlier but something closer to .9 btc/chip seems it would be beneficial to all parties involved. This would allow you to collect a deserved 10% fee while ensuring chip participants don't lose ~20% of their "investment."

I believe facilitating further explanation and discussions on the forum would be in everyone's best interest. Although I understand the group buy was a separate project from Cognitive I don't doubt people will bring awareness to any clear implications.

I look forward to hearing from you in email or on bitcointalk.

Best Regards,
MilkyLep

Sorry, I missed that question. The answer is no.

--Garrett

Lloydimiller4

Monero

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 08:04:25 PM

Hey Garr, any news on when the rest of the refunds will be processed? It has been two weeks since my request.

Thanks

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:11:23 AM

Hey Garr, any news on when the rest of the refunds will be processed? It has been two weeks since my request.

Thanks

I have processed all refund requests submitted to me. Please make sure you typed the address correctly and send it again. If I still don't get it just PM me here and I will get you taken care of.

Cheers,
Garrett

Lloydimiller4

Monero

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:40:54 PM

Still have not received my refund. Just sent another Email to asic@garr255.com

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:29:32 PM

Still have not received my refund. Just sent another Email to asic@garr255.com

Email received, refund processed.

Cheers

Lloydimiller4

Monero

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:49:13 PM

Received.

Thanks

turtle83

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 06:56:26 PM

Just resent my refund request to asic@garr255.com (last mail on sept 26th went ignored)

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:45:43 AM

Received.

Thanks

Thanks for the confirmation.

Just resent my refund request to asic@garr255.com (last mail on sept 26th went ignored)

Received and processed, sorry about that delay.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: