Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:35:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ASIC] Avalon Overclockable Chips and Boards :: Idaho, USA :: 0:0 Remaining  (Read 18052 times)
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:58:16 AM

Aw, man. Didn't notice the price increase to .2, yet. I don't have that much to put in for 16 chips. No way to get the .1 rate, still?

The price increase will become effective at 00:00 on Sunday the 23rd.

Cheers

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clintar

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:41:03 AM

Ok, moving funds now, and will send tomorrow when i wake up.
clintar

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:48:56 AM

1.6 btc sent from 1P4yWhXx7FKtWiGJYZuX5CNEm126iSFuZg
txid: be43ed602e62726d9e83d0ca08b2f3caab880461f0d7edb645c6f753b4664273

Not sure about the signing stuff. That needed, too?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 12:41:11 PM

1.6 btc sent from 1P4yWhXx7FKtWiGJYZuX5CNEm126iSFuZg
txid: be43ed602e62726d9e83d0ca08b2f3caab880461f0d7edb645c6f753b4664273

Not sure about the signing stuff. That needed, too?

Nope, you're all set. Usually I'll only ask you to sign a message if you want to change your shipping address.

Cheers,
Garrett

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
clintar

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:07:43 PM

Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks
MilkyLep

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:41:00 PM

Hey Garr, shot you a pm about sending payment for chips, get back to me when you can. Email or pm.

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 04:26:20 AM

Hey Garr, shot you a pm about sending payment for chips, get back to me when you can. Email or pm.

Replied!

MilkyLep

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:13:09 AM

Haven't seen anything turn up yet, was it an e-mail or pm?

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:45:23 AM

Email, check your spam box.

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:49:19 AM

Most of the chips just sold in a large private deal, I upped the price to 0.5 per chip for future orders. Discounts for orders of 100+.

fasmax

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:33:33 PM

Any updates on the hardware miner?
Thanks!
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:29:32 PM

Any updates on the hardware miner?
Thanks!

Yep, the parts sourcing is finalized and firm prices will be coming in later this week. Testing of the final board revision is going to happen on schedule, which is extremely weird for mining hardware haha Smiley

Cheers,
Garrett

MilkyLep

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:49:20 AM

Email, check your spam box.

Thats the first thing I did  Cheesy Wasn't attached to your prior emails either so I'm stumped. Shot you a new email though so let me know how to proceed, Ill check again tomorrow morning and can send BTC before work.

In other news, have you seen Yifu taunting the 450 mh/s number? What are your thoughts on a water/oil cooled system? I figure the developers/designers are too far along to implement a similar feature until later down the road. I suppose cost analysis would need to be done first but was wondering if any discussion had arisen.

fasmax

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 11:24:27 PM

Any updates on this project?
Thanks!
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 03:08:12 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2013, 03:36:36 AM by Garr255

Any updates on this project?
Thanks!

Yes indeed! This is an exiting two weeks for the board development. If everything goes as planned, which we are extremely confident of, our final board revision will be hashing in two weeks! We are ready for mass production, with the sourcing for parts revised (some power regulators were getting too warm for comfort, so we went with some higher-duty ones) and completed. We are opting for superior components because these boards will be sold with a one year warranty, covering board and component failure entirely but not end-user abuse or Avalon chip failure, because both of those variable are out of our control.

Once I have verified that the final revision is perfect and ready to go, I will open up an order form for these boards. For those of you new to the project, these boards will be overclockable to an estimated 350mh/s per chip, as opposed to the ~270mh/s per chip that other producers are offering.

Since Avalon is accepting orders for chips again, I will open up a batch 2 tonight. Batch 1 chips are still for sale, but at a large premium because of how early the order was placed (early May) and I'd like to keep some for myself as well Smiley

Further updates, pictures, and videos of the final product coming soon Smiley

Cheers,
Garrett

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 03:43:06 AM

In other news, have you seen Yifu taunting the 450 mh/s number? What are your thoughts on a water/oil cooled system? I figure the developers/designers are too far along to implement a similar feature until later down the road. I suppose cost analysis would need to be done first but was wondering if any discussion had arisen.

Yeah we know that that number will be achievable with proper cooling on our boards. We are certainly making the components much more robust than necessary in order to make this possible with modified cooling. For most people, it is not cost effective to have a water-cooled system, so we are leaving that up to you guys, the community. I'd love to see a water-cooling block developed for these after we release them!

--Garrett

bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:51:07 AM

I too am interested in assembly.

I am in the process of moving (back) to Idaho, so my question is twofold. One, are you anywhere near the Boise area, and if yes, would face to face pickup be possible?

Kevin.

I'm up north, close to Spokane and Coeur d' Alene, and face to face pickup will be available to whoever would like to come out here.

I should have solidified assembly plans next week.

Best,
Garrett

My parents are in Hayden lake how close? post falls?

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 11:44:15 AM

I too am interested in assembly.

I am in the process of moving (back) to Idaho, so my question is twofold. One, are you anywhere near the Boise area, and if yes, would face to face pickup be possible?

Kevin.

I'm up north, close to Spokane and Coeur d' Alene, and face to face pickup will be available to whoever would like to come out here.

I should have solidified assembly plans next week.

Best,
Garrett

My parents are in Hayden lake how close? post falls?

Hayden lake is less than 30 minutes from me Smiley

itreptau

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 01:40:28 PM

When will batch #2 arrive? August/September or September/October? And what will be the end price (board + chips)?

itreptau
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 02:05:15 PM

When will batch #2 arrive? August/September or September/October? And what will be the end price (board + chips)?

itreptau

Hi itreptau,

Batch two will arrive 9-10 weeks after the order is placed, so the sooner we can place it the better. Current projections are $130 per ten chips, but this will ultimately depend on whether we purchase a second batch and create a larger contract with the board assembly plant.

Additionally, I am working on a plan where you will be able to purchase boards at a discounted rate in exchange for a portion of the hashrate your board produces. This will allow for a slightly lower barrier to entry, which everyone should appreciate Smiley Stay tuned!

-Garrett

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: