Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:31:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Very curious about coin rapist, is there a way to stop it?  (Read 855 times)
jmfg187 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:51:24 AM

To start I should be upfront and say aside from building and fixing computers, removing viruses ...etc for the last 14 years I really don't know much about how idiots like Stevelame are allowed to continue raping every new coin. Basically I wonder if there is anyway to give block chains the ability to detect a sudden blast of hashpower all coming from the same pole smoker and somehow ignore his hash power?

Would it be even remotely possible to make the block chain disinfect whatever malware may be coming from all these slave computers or any malware that may be allowing the botnet to happen in the first place? Or maybe a way to completely disable all the hash power from any computers causing a sudden 51% attack on a coin? Even a way for a new wallet to just not allow that client to mine at all until it is taken care of, like a popup that says you need to remove so and so trojan, virus, etc. before you will be able to mine here solo or at a pool.

Even if I am not putting it into words correctly maybe someone will understand what I mean. I'm sorry if I am completely wrong here but it seems to me if some reject can find a way to screw everything up there is usually someone smarter that can fix it if they try. I do understand that a botnet is different computers all over the world but the block chain or some other software can't be made to detect that "wow 500 computers just hit at exactly the same moment" and scan those computers for malicious activities?

Oh and just so you know I like many others think there is way too many altcoins at the moment but I wonder what a scrypt based coin with a really fair start and no raping could actually accomplish. Thanks for your time and sorry if some of you think i'm stupid but my granny always told me there was never any stupid questions so I thought I would at least ask since I know there are some very smart people in this forum.
     Thanks for you time, James

BTC: 17nmAJ5N2fKMTGymAarp4DUPXjHkohacXQ  LTC: LUzmyjMuVWyU9coa7iEQYgGWKDBKRsiLmo  NVC: 4Pby77nChLzU2rsi2RsLpM8C95dKF5XTbg  FC: 6nKefP46bnT3P1XP9jaEugYd84UdW4zrL3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lazydna

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:52:37 AM

To start I should be upfront and say aside from building and fixing computers, removing viruses ...etc for the last 14 years I really don't know much about how idiots like Stevelame are allowed to continue raping every new coin. Basically I wonder if there is anyway to give block chains the ability to detect a sudden blast of hashpower all coming from the same pole smoker and somehow ignore his hash power? Would it be even remotely possible to make the block chain disinfect whatever malware may be coming from all these slave computers or any malware that may be allowing the botnet to happen in the first place? Or maybe a way to completely disable all the hash power from any computers causing a sudden 51% attack on a coin? Even a way for a new wallet to just not allow that client to mine at all until it is taken care of, like a popup that says you need to remove so and so trojan, virus, etc. before you will be able to mine here solo or at a pool. Even if I am not putting it into words correctly maybe someone will understand what I mean. I'm sorry if I am completely wrong here but it seems to me if some reject can find a way to screw everything up there is usually someone smarter that can fix it if they try. I do understand that a botnet is different computers all over the world but the block chain or some other software can't be made to detect that "wow 500 computers just hit at exactly the same moment" and scan those computers for malicious activities? Oh and just so you know I like many others think there is way too many altcoins at the moment but I wonder what a scrypt based coin with a really fair start and no raping could actually accomplish. Thanks for your time and sorry if some of you think im stupid but my granny always told me there was never any stupid questions so I thought I would at least ask since I know there are some very smart people in this forum.

Wall of text crits you.
You die.

jmfg187 (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:01:50 AM

Sorry about that been up for like 30 hours and usually try harder than that. I split it up some so hopefully it is easier to read.

BTC: 17nmAJ5N2fKMTGymAarp4DUPXjHkohacXQ  LTC: LUzmyjMuVWyU9coa7iEQYgGWKDBKRsiLmo  NVC: 4Pby77nChLzU2rsi2RsLpM8C95dKF5XTbg  FC: 6nKefP46bnT3P1XP9jaEugYd84UdW4zrL3
fendlestick

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:04:19 AM

Those two in your profile pic look very much in love, congrats.

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
swordfish6975

Activity: 721
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 11:05:03 AM

Those two in your profile pic look very much in love stoned, congrats.

fixed

>>>>  Physical Bitcoin And Altcoin Price Ticker Screen - http://afkdata.com <<<<

http://cryptofolio.info  - google finance of cryptos
megablue

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 11:05:47 AM

chaos born order

LTC: LQx367oQtbwsc7Ygf9S1B6E1d9LuGk7v11
fendlestick

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:09:51 AM

Alright i'll try to be helpful.

• The block chain cannot detect malware and remove it, the host will need to fix their own computer.
  • Bot nets use pools, the pool operator will need to take action on that.
  • DGC had a good start, and the newer coins are trying different methods, like no reward for low difficulty.

Lastly the coins need the net hash rate to survive (see the death of BTE) so thinking coins will willing reduce that would be wrong.

jmfg187 (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:15:59 AM

Those two in your profile pic look very much in love, congrats.

Thank you much, we are actually, I met her in 07 and been with her since. Got married in 2011. Got luck with this girl, was with many, many dirty backstabbing whor** before I got lucky enough to meet her.

jmfg187 (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:20:25 AM

• The block chain cannot detect malware and remove it, the host will need to fix their own computer.
  • DGC had a good start, and the newer coins are trying different methods, like no reward for low difficulty.

Lastly the coins need the net hash rate to survive (see the death of BTE) so thinking coins will willing reduce that would be wrong.

I see I guess my thinking is totally off then sorry for wasting a thread space. I didn't think it was IMPOSSIBLE to stop them, that sucks.
I do understand the hash rate keeps them alive but some dick getting 50k coins while a guy with 1500Kh/s has like 500 is bull.

fendlestick

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:20:52 AM

Another point, 2 years from now no one will care about the launch, what happened etc.  NVC had a pre-mine (scam coin) and it is doing well.  Coins are like children, it's not the birth it's how you raise them that matters.

fendlestick

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:23:52 AM

I see I guess my thinking is totally off then sorry for wasting a thread space. I didn't think it was IMPOSSIBLE to stop them, that sucks.
I do understand the hash rate keeps them alive but some dick getting 50k coins while a guy with 1500Kh/s has like 500 is bull.

You are not wasting thread space, you have valid questions.  Even if others don't think they are relevant, they are to you, and it's your thread.

Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:27:36 AM

1) Community education, and awareness.
2) Rape Whistles

jmfg187 (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:34:31 AM

1) Community education, and awareness.
2) Rape Whistles
good one...lol

hope2907

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:42:35 AM

everyone who have massive hashrate is running a botnet
lol
sooooooooooooo smart
stevenlam

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 11:43:27 AM

To start I should be upfront and say aside from building and fixing computers, removing viruses ...etc for the last 14 years I really don't know much about how idiots like Stevelame are allowed to continue raping every new coin. Basically I wonder if there is anyway to give block chains the ability to detect a sudden blast of hashpower all coming from the same pole smoker and somehow ignore his hash power?

Would it be even remotely possible to make the block chain disinfect whatever malware may be coming from all these slave computers or any malware that may be allowing the botnet to happen in the first place? Or maybe a way to completely disable all the hash power from any computers causing a sudden 51% attack on a coin? Even a way for a new wallet to just not allow that client to mine at all until it is taken care of, like a popup that says you need to remove so and so trojan, virus, etc. before you will be able to mine here solo or at a pool.

Even if I am not putting it into words correctly maybe someone will understand what I mean. I'm sorry if I am completely wrong here but it seems to me if some reject can find a way to screw everything up there is usually someone smarter that can fix it if they try. I do understand that a botnet is different computers all over the world but the block chain or some other software can't be made to detect that "wow 500 computers just hit at exactly the same moment" and scan those computers for malicious activities?

Oh and just so you know I like many others think there is way too many altcoins at the moment but I wonder what a scrypt based coin with a really fair start and no raping could actually accomplish. Thanks for your time and sorry if some of you think i'm stupid but my granny always told me there was never any stupid questions so I thought I would at least ask since I know there are some very smart people in this forum.

Yeah, good topic, try harder bro.

BTW, I'm stevenlam not stevenlame, so the others that want to search my profile can't find me, lol.

jmfg187 (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:47:10 AM

BTW, I'm stevenlam not stevenlame, so the others that want to search my profile can't find me, lol.
Your the only one of the asshats I have heard of on here and the "lame" was purposeful.  Grin

jmfg187 (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:48:37 AM

everyone who have massive hashrate is running a botnet
lol
sooooooooooooo smart
I never said that either so thanks for the try but that was a fail.

stevenlam

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 11:49:51 AM

Your the only one of the asshats I have heard of on here and the "lame" was purposeful.  Grin

But when you said that, no one will know about me LOL

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:03:45 PM

tl;dr

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: