Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:12:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto plan with budget of $50k?  (Read 451 times)
anthonytt (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:00:48 PM

What is your plan to invest with $50.000? all for btc or together with alt coins?
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:08:24 PM

I will rather invest in multiple altcoins and promising ICOs along with bitcoin with those $50k.

Buying only bitcoin with all you have is not a wise decision. You must diversify your investment to lower down the risk involved with bitcoin price volatility.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1223

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 02:13:47 PM

With a capital as big as 50k USD I think you should think first before taking the risk based on you experience on the market before. If this is your first time trading then I would suggest you to invest in small amounts first to test you skills.

In any case I think you can invest in BTC about 50% of it. Rest you can invest in altcoins, of which I think ETH and Ripple have a good future. You can also invest in any upcoming ICOs, but be warned about them that many end up as shitcoins and altcoin trading is more risky.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:14:28 PM

What is your plan to invest with $50.000? all for btc or together with alt coins?
well actually, you can do almost anything and get stablelized in the future. You can start with trading some altcoins or try investin on ICO's. And start trading. With diffrent altcoins.
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:16:46 PM

well actually, you can do almost anything and get stablelized in the future. You can start with trading some altcoins or try investin on ICO's. And start trading. With diffrent altcoins.
If you do that you will have many coins to be buy but for me if you want it so much to have many bitcoin, i think invest on those new coins. There has so many coins now there that has a good platform in their bounty campaigns. Try it.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:18:44 PM

Spreading your investment would be the best. The more you spread the better it is since you will be facing less risk. I would invest around 60% of my money on bitcoins and rest on different alt coins. But do keep that in mind, if bitcoin does well other alt coins tends to do well and but if bitcoin price falls, the other coins also follows the trend.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
carllpet

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:20:40 PM

Putting all eggs in one basket is not a good investment. Diversification is preferred.
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:21:50 PM

I suggest investing the most part of this amount for Bitcoin, and investing the remaining with other highly used alts like ETH , LTC..and maybe investing in some promising ICOs as well. Bitcoin still the most stable and promising crypto currency and having the best value until now. But spreading some amount in other altcoins could be profitable as well in short term
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:22:01 PM

Spreading your investment would be the best. The more you spread the better it is since you will be facing less risk. I would invest around 60% of my money on bitcoins and rest on different alt coins. But do keep that in mind, if bitcoin does well other alt coins tends to do well and but if bitcoin price falls, the other coins also follows the trend.
I used to do, but now I realized that it does not make much sense. Once reduced the price of bitcoin then immediately reduced the price of all altcoins. I trust the bitcoin. So all my supplies are stored in bitcoins.
BenOnceAgain

Activity: 208
Merit: 84

🌐 www.btric.org 🌐

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 02:27:26 PM

I will rather invest in multiple altcoins and promising ICOs along with bitcoin with those $50k.

Buying only bitcoin with all you have is not a wise decision. You must diversify your investment to lower down the risk involved with bitcoin price volatility.

I agree.  Diversification is a must.  My personal advice is to look at coins in terms of their YTD percentage increases, pick some that you believe have continued potential to grow, and invest in those in a prudent weighting.  Bitcoin will likely come out at the top of your list, but it shouldn't be the only pick.

Also save some amount to invest in ICO or young altcoins that have growth potential.

Another idea is to cost average your way into the coins, investing a fixed amount every month (or week, etc.).  That way you even out the volatility to some extent.

But most certainly keep your eye on any investments you make.  And be prepared with appropriate exchange accounts (and backups from different exchanges).  Eliminate a single point of failure in getting in or out of any position.

Good luck!

Dream it. Plan it. Build it.
Need help with your project? [MY WEBSITE] | [MY COMPANY] | [BLOG] | [TWITTER] | [LINKEDIN] | [EMAIL]
Want to help support the blockchain charity I'm building? [LEARN ABOUT BTRIC] | [DONATE] | [TWITTER] | [EMAIL]
Lord_Trajan

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:45:02 PM

Every altcoin is more risky than bitcoin, so diversifying to others to reduce risk doesn't make any sense.
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:12:49 PM

In this particular case I would probably do 50/50; $25K in BTC and $25K in alts.
Yes, it is true that diversification is generally a good thing in regards to altcoin. However, I have the impression that the days of making easy and large profits in alts are now generally over so I would focus on altcoins that actually add something to the cryptosphere. Steem (combines with social platform Steemit.com) and Ark (supports multiple blockchains) are some of them.
mistanama

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:20:29 PM

If I ask you, it's better to buy bitcoins at least 30% of your money. And the rest will invest in Altcoins new ICOs and promoting Altcoins. Like Ethreum, LTC, And BCC (Bitcoins Cash) Of course, you have backed up in case of unforeseen circumstances. So it's better to divide the investments to accelerate your money earnings. The same thing I do and I can say it's really effective because I'm getting a lot of money
InBTC4years

Activity: 58
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:23:50 PM

Buy and hold bitcoin. Once you have 15% growth, turn that into the alts. Then, turn those profits in ICO buys. That's pretty safe.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:34:29 PM

Yeah, I'd mostly be in bitcoin.  Man, that's a lot of money to invest
in crypto.  I'd probably buy up some Dash and Eth and that's about
it.  Those are the only ones I think are going to make it in the long
run, ten years or so.  And I've seen some merchants that accept eth,
so that one in particular is growing in acceptance.
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:41:33 PM

I will diversify the $50k and invest in BTC, Altcoins and ICO projects. Probably 50% in BTC, 30% in Altcoins and 20% in ICO.
williamevanl

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:48:58 PM

I call BS on diversification. Most of the well established people in this space will tell you way ahead of time that Bitcoin is basically the riskiest investment you could possibly make (relative to all traditional investments) and to know put more than 1% of your net worth into it.

They will then say that if Bitcoin is the riskiest thing you could possibly invest in, alts are basically another level of risk like you can't imagine. Folks around here have this mindset that really most of the alts are safe investments but that's just because of the recent run ups. You can still go to coinmarketcap, click to see all and see the thousands of alts that are dead and dying as 99% one day will be.

You don't need to 'diversify' if you want to invest in Bitcoin, do it but know that its ALREADY the riskiest asset going right now! You don't need to go even higher risk.
Jordan23

Activity: 382
Merit: 311

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:50:41 PM

I'd put $10k in 5 of the top 10 market cap coins or I would put $5K in all 10 top coins.
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:58:52 PM

I think that I put around 80% of this amount in BTC, and the other of this amount in some other altcoins. I put 80% in bitcoin, because i believe too much in this cryptocurrency. I am sure that one day in the near future it will be worth more than 25k$. In other hand, I don't risk all the money in bitcoin, so I use around 20% in other altcoins like Dogecoin or LTC or maybe ETH.

random8888

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Another day another dollar

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 04:59:15 PM

Personally, i would invest 50% in BTC, 20% in LTC, and the rest in ETH, Monero and Vertcoin (so much potential for this one).

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: