Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:29:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I have two myetherwallets.  (Read 1737 times)
victory1

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:05:46 PM

You can have as many myetherwallets addresses as you wish. The problem is how you can keep track of the addressess and private keys. And ensure they are kept in good security.

It is recommended to have a hotwallet and cold storage address:

Hotwallet: Minimum amount of ETH/Tokens that you need to use regularly.

Cold storage: Long term investment. Private keys should never be exposed with a computer with internet security.

How can you hide your private keys from a computer with internet? The wallet itself is being created via internet. Then you need 100% internet to create one. So you'll use internet.

You can download Myetherwallet from their website. And run it without any internet connection. It is recommended to run a virus scan beforehand and reboot your computer before generating a key.

For a much more secure method, use a computer that have never touch the internet, this is the best method to keep your private keys safe. Also, consider buying a safe box with fireproof capacity to store your private keys (written on paper).

Let me know if you need more advise on this.
irmasany

Activity: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:09:06 PM

Can I have two myetherwallets.As it is a web based wallet I think it is possible to have.What are your suggestions?

of course, maybe if you want more it's up to you. there is no prohibition on how many of your wallets.
i have some walet eth. because there are some punctures that I apply. not in the same wallet.
gajebo

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:11:16 PM

can. there is no prohibition for it. you can make as much as possible if you dont bother with it.
having some dombet can make a backup alternative to something. that's for me personally.
Rimon365

Activity: 623

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 07:02:38 PM

Yes. Myetherwallets two can be used.

APICEMTECH

Activity: 308

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:08:53 PM

Some people including me have multiple myetherwallets as if one accounts is lost to a hacker or for some other reason the private key is lost, we do not end up loosing all our ERC20 tokens. The same goes for bitcoin wallets.

Arkann

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 01:58:39 AM

Ethereal, like other digital wallets, you should create a lot and change them more often. This is recommended for safety reasons. It is also necessary to create a separate purse or purses, in which the digital currency will simply be stored. So it will be almost impossible to track and break them.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 02:19:41 AM

Can I have two myetherwallets.As it is a web based wallet I think it is possible to have.What are your suggestions?
Yes you can make 2 myetherwallets as long as you can handle them both and just secure you keystore for you open it both. I am using keystore to open myetherwallets but I don't have multiple account I just have one account if ever I just needed I already have mine.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 02:20:28 AM

That is advisable to have many wallets is just like having our deposits to various banks that we like. The advantage of having many wallets is you can choose the best, suitable and user friendly for you to use just dont forget their private keys or you will lost your bitcoin forever. Having many wallets may confuse you of using and keeping the right match private keys too.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:02:29 AM

Yes you can actually make as many as you want, just make sure to save the private keys of each myetherwallets you create though because once some letters are lacking you won't be able to access them anymore.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:44:17 AM

The best way is to bookmark the site and use that for future logins and we can use etherscan to check its balance. The lesser we login the more safe or account's will be.

This is one of the most advanced phishing scam link: (please don't click)
www.myetherwallet.cam

Nobody notices the full domain in a hurry

Almost on toppic, but advised to spread here. Just typing into the location bar from memory, or quick google can make everybody run into attacks like this. Tradeside got hit, too. Same trick like similar sounding domain. They even invested into some ads money to get up there on the result pages.

entebah

Activity: 1564
Merit: 153

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:11:54 AM

you are free to make MEW as much as possible, and it's free. You must save the private key or jason file to access your wallet.
only fishing to be suspected.  Sad

siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 04:56:15 AM

You can surely have more than 1 myetherwallet. But do remember, the more you have, the difficult it becomes to manage!

Dlugina23

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:30:48 AM

Yes you can have more then one myetherwallet.
KluFf

Activity: 336

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:31:48 AM

Yes You can Have many MEW ..
the site doesn't care if you create many wallets for your self. they are just
too good to have a very secure wallet.

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM BOUNTY...
Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:44:10 PM

I would definitely recommend to have several MEWs and distribute your earnings between all of them. And use MEW only when you send transaction, to check your ballance it's better you use https://ethplorer.io/

March21

Activity: 177

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:06:27 PM

anyone can have a lot of myetherwallet, because making it too difficult. and there is no limit for everyone to have a wallet.

Carreuh

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:59:06 PM

Sure it's allowed. I am self have 3 acc MEW as an option to saveing ETH that i hold, indeed no limit ( i think) seems to be about how many addresses we have in MEW.

zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:00:57 PM

You can't have 2 myetherwallets, there is only one myetherwallet.
However you can have 2 or more wallets created in myetherwallet, you can have thousand wallets if you want.
There is no limit.
Milo_Kidd

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:21:04 AM

You can have as many as you like... making one is free
Just click "create a new wallet"

Yeah it can. Did you use it as bitcoin wallet? Or just etherium and other token?. Because I used different wallet for my bitcoin cause for me its easy and simple I can directly withdraw it.

trimulia

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 08:48:16 AM

creating account in myetherwallet is free,i'm also have 3 wallet in MyEtherWallet

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: