Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:20:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which hardware have i to buy to start mining?  (Read 4908 times)
nexus 6

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:29:02 PM

Buy some ASICMINER mining hardware.  Its shipped at the moment.
simpic (OP)

Activity: 1241
Merit: 789

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:19:52 PM

Where to buy it?
Do you have a link?

What exactly does it influence the difficulty?

If a buy a BFL miner or any other, if this try will fail with Bitcoin, could i use the same miner for mine minor coins?

Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:09:51 AM

The different level is 15.6 million now, a jump of 28% from the previous one.

And the next jump will be about +33%

What if all the new hashing power is not from ASICs but from chines GPU miners?

edit: majority. What if the majority is from Chines gpu miners coming online for the first time. Whats going to happen if they enter the race with ASIC in the coming months? we could see a jump up to 40 - 80 million

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:19:23 AM

Where to buy it?
Do you have a link?

If a buy a BFL miner or any other, if this try will fail with Bitcoin, could i use the same miner for mine minor coins?

Unfortunately it's not quite simple at all to buy an ASIC miner currently.  This should become easier over the next 2-3 months as supplies increase and from more than one company reliably.

If you do want to invest in ASICMINER, my advice is to at least consider the actual stock as opposed to the USB miner.
nexus 6

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:07:17 AM

Where to buy it?
Do you have a link?

This is the official thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=204030.0
miningdude

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

Have a mining rig

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:09:03 AM

With the big jumps in difficulty over the next 3 months (yes, the ASIC's are now real and coming online), I would recommend either an 'in-hand' sale of 13 GH/s block erupter (at the right price) or ordering a kncminer saturn or jupiter (ships in September and based on 28NM chip). Of course, pay with credit card / Paypal for buyer protection as the product itself doesn't exist yet. I've taken a 'risk spreading' approach, exchanging fiat for some bitcoin, building mining rigs which can also mine Litecoin (see http://www.coinminingrigs.com) and pre-ordering from several vendors. So far, the GPU mining and fiat exchanging has been the most profitable at about 30% ROI each on initial investment amount in 3 months time. Hope that helps your decision. And as always, never invest what you can't afford to lose.
Preschoolv2

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:16:37 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2013, 04:42:30 AM by Preschoolv2

Could always buy a bfl preorder and jump the line.IF you trust the buyer of course.
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:22:13 AM

could always buy my bfl preorder Tongue

Nobody wants your effing preorder. Every post I read your advertising it. Just stop!
simpic (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:12:07 PM

I'm talking about buying a real BFL miner, not a pre-order.
I would try to start mining Bitcoin and if it doesn't work i would use the same BFL miner with minor coins, like Litecoin.
Am i wrong?

Preschoolv2

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:21:45 PM

I'm talking about buying a real BFL miner, not a pre-order.
I would try to start mining Bitcoin and if it doesn't work i would use the same BFL miner with minor coins, like Litecoin.
Am i wrong?
Yes youre wrong. BFL is only bitcoin / namecoin.
simpic (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:30:45 PM

Why it can't be use with other coins?

ewitte

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:48:49 PM

No onboard ram or scrypt support.  It can probably be modified to run anything using SHA256.

Donations
BTC - 13Lgy6fb4d3nSYEf2nkgBgyBkkhPw8zkPd
LTC - LegzRwyc2Xhu8cqvaW2jwRrqSnhyaYU6gZ
blackarrow

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 06:12:11 PM

So... what could i buy to seriously start to mining?

We sell mining devices: https://www.cardreaderfactory.com/shop/bitcoin/mining-devices.html

We manufacture Bitcoin ASICs and Bitcoin mining equipment.
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com
simpic (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:23:55 AM

No onboard ram or scrypt support.  It can probably be modified to run anything using SHA256.

What is SHA256?

ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:04:02 PM

What is SHA256?

Secure Hash Algorithm.  It's one of the main building blocks of BTC

Worth reading about!
tony_357

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 09:24:52 AM

Hello, sorry for my newbie question but i would like to start mining for Bitcoin.

I make a lot of searches on forum and i figure out this:

- mining with CPU is a loss of time
- mining with GPU is a waste of money (because video card are expensive and they consume to much power)
- mining with Butterflay products is not possible because the site is probably a SCAM and even it isn't it is stupid make a purchase and wait months for receive it!
- mining with Avalan products is not possible (no products available on its site)

So... what could i buy to seriously start to mining?

Thank you in advance for your reply and sorry for my english.

... well, there's always modern 28 nm FPGA technology : http://www.raspberrycoins.com/
2000 MHash/sec - $1000
4000 MHash/sec - $1900
... less than $0.50/MHash/sec ...
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 02:44:58 PM

What is SHA256?
shaking my head...why are you even here?  go do something else like find a job a mcdonalds or flipping burgers.  BFL makes FPGA too- that's what you're looking at...another ROI gamble, not an ASIC.  BFL units in hand that are asic will set you back a couple grand.  Like others here are saying, its smart to buy up some alt currency instead and ride the wave, IE sell @>10% appreciation in value and buy it when the value is lower than 10% of expected value,  I'd say buy at 90 and sell again at 110 if you can stomach the patience. 

Kinetic915

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 09:13:52 PM

What about buying Butterfly miner (800 MHash/s) on eBay?
Their prices are about 1000-1500 USD but in this case i will get it in few days!

I used this calculator http://btcinvest.net/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php and it should be profitable.

What do you think?

you cjould buy 3 usb hashers at 990 mh/s and it would take you 38 days just go get one bitcoin at CURRENT difficulty.

Kinetic915

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 09:15:31 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2013, 10:34:56 PM by Kinetic915

No onboard ram or scrypt support.  It can probably be modified to run anything using SHA256.

What is SHA256?
shaking my head...why are you even here?  go do something else like find a job a mcdonalds or flipping burgers.  BFL makes FPGA too- that's what you're looking at...another ROI gamble, not an ASIC.  BFL units in hand that are asic will set you back a couple grand.  Like others here are saying, its smart to buy up some alt currency instead and ride the wave, IE sell @>10% appreciation in value and buy it when the value is lower than 10% of expected value,  I'd say buy at 90 and sell again at 110 if you can stomach the patience.  

go do something else like find a job a mcdonalds or flipping burgers.
wow ajw.
what a dick.
 No need to insult his intelligence and the intelligence of those who do those jobs.... hes new, he obviously doesn't know anything about bitcoin but is willing to learn.  

Simpic, please do read up, especially before you consider investing in ANY mining equipment.

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 10:53:33 PM

What is SHA256?
shaking my head...why are you even here?  go do something else like find a job a mcdonalds or flipping burgers.  BFL makes FPGA too- that's what you're looking at...another ROI gamble, not an ASIC.  BFL units in hand that are asic will set you back a couple grand.  Like others here are saying, its smart to buy up some alt currency instead and ride the wave, IE sell @>10% appreciation in value and buy it when the value is lower than 10% of expected value,  I'd say buy at 90 and sell again at 110 if you can stomach the patience. 

go do something else like find a job a mcdonalds or flipping burgers.
wow ajw.
what a dick.
 No need to insult his intelligence and the intelligence of those who do those jobs.... hes new, he obviously doesn't know anything about bitcoin but is willing to learn. 

Simpic, please do read up, especially before you consider investing in ANY mining equipment.

thank you.  Anyhow, McDonalds makes sense, 6 an hour for 80 hours per pay period -20% for taxes is equal to $384 every two weeks.  I was hoping to gain from his questions, but all I'm doing is answering them mentally. Of course I'm gonna give my 2 cents no matter how offputting it may be.

For what its worth, I didn't insult his intelligence, but I did assault his lack of willingness to find his own answers like most of us already did beforehand using google, this board and others.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: