Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:05:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Farm  (Read 3171 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 08:06:19 PM

I want to start a project to help people work together with the environment.

We do the hard part:
Open a farm
Breed the Animals
Start the company

And everyone else just buys animals that they need, all would be for sale in BTC:
Ex:
Drangonfly eggs to be released into town ponds, to eat mosquitos and similar pests.

Guinea Chickens, for eggs. Also for their "watch dog" qualities, as in, Guinea chickens will alert you when someone that is not from the neighborhood, or a new animal is around. They also eat ants, TICKS & spiders. So they are pretty good animals to have around.

Bats, and birds. And fruit trees (and cactuses like "saguaro", which grow to be over 50 foot tall and live longer than humans) that grow well in New Mexico (like Pears, Apples & Peaches) to feed them. Bat guano can also be used for many things. And both animals eat bugs that are pests.

We will have a rabbit farm to feed both humans and any pets, while providing fertilizer.

This is just a few of the ideas that will be presented, so that we can live in a near perfect eco-system. And we can sell the eggs from the dragonflies and chickens, as well as the guano from the bats and the fruit from the trees, on the internet and at market.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 08:13:20 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 08:30:32 PM by FinShaggy

Phalaris Grass- To be used as straw in Cobb building, as well as seed for bird feed.

Giant Reed- To be used for Biodiesel (and sugar) production & for use as a fence.

Datura- To deter animals from eating your crops

Llama & Alpaca- For Clothing, Blanket & other fabric production

Guinea Chickens- To eat ants, ticks & other pests. As well as produce eggs.

Ferrets- To help with running wires for construction, retrieving items & other small tasks

Dogs- To shepherd animals and help disabled people.

Chocolate Plants- For Chocolate production

Blue Agave- For Sugar and Biodiesel production

Homing Pigeons- For delivering messages

Colorado River Toads- To eat snakes, mice & other pests

Lady Bugs- To protect crops

Bees- For honey, wax and pollination

Worms- For composting

Aloe Vera- For Sun Damage and Scar healing

Passion Flower- To grow on houses for beauty and help with cooling costs

Spiders- As pesticides (spiders that eat bugs, but don't harm fruit or humans)

Stuff for eating and Dyes:
Marigold, Indigo, Madder, Pomegranate, Soapnut, Pericarp, Onions, Eucalyptus, Strawberries, Raspberries, Roses, Lavender, St. John's Wort, Foxglove, Syrian Rue.

desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:42:50 PM

Nice list. I've been examining the subject of sustainable farming. Soon I'll start my own experiment with all the essential plants (only).

Would you care to share some of your resources used? (links, pdf, books)?

thanks
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 09:07:47 PM

Nice list. I've been examining the subject of sustainable farming. Soon I'll start my own experiment with all the essential plants (only).

thanks

Honestly, I have been studying this stuff since I was 14, and I am 21 now. So I couldn't tell you exactly where I learned most of it. But Google is a good place to start when you already know what to type in Smiley

acorn

Activity: 121

I make pretty things.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 10:01:07 PM

Just curious -- in what area are you located? A good friend of mine is thinking about accepting bitcoin for his hydroponic veggie gardening building service, and seems like you might have some overlap that could make it worthwhile to work together.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 10:02:20 PM

Just curious -- in what area are you located? A good friend of mine is thinking about accepting bitcoin for his hydroponic veggie gardening building service, and seems like you might have some overlap that could make it worthwhile to work together.

I'm in Colorado, but would like to do this in New Mexico.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 08:40:45 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2013, 09:34:06 PM by FinShaggy

Giant Reed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUiy4s_6QVU

Phalaris (Canary Reed):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvL6zJL8Mj8

Biodiesel & Transportation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up81asdoMzY

Biodiesel & Solar Power
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wp3aEV7e1Q

Hot Sauce:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwATcHZ1UX8

Datura:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWwR4Jit37E

Corn Farmers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwzmrM-kiAc

San Pedro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OARwy1o5x3s

Hatchery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzJn0XwdxDM

Shepherds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDP3O1ZKZxk

Sugar Farm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qstu6bdzq74

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 10:21:55 PM

Land we are looking at for the farm:

http://www.landwatch.com/Catron-County-New-Mexico-Land-for-sale/pid/250216071

http://www.landwatch.com/Rio-Arriba-County-New-Mexico-Farms-and-Ranches-for-sale/pid/200338305

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 09:39:31 PM

Due to recent happenings. Bitcoin farm will be working towards protecting, promoting & repairing mental health:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=222772.msg2341610#msg2341610

And we will work to be at the forefront of Neurogenesis and Synaptogenesis research.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 09:44:57 PM

Promotes Neural Repair
Vitamin C
Folic Acid
B6 & B12
Vitamin E
Ginger
Omega 3

Promotes Neurogenesis
CBD/CBN
MAOIs (Syrian Rue, Anti-Depressants, etc)
Flavonoids(Blueberries, Chocolate, etc)
EGCG(Green Tea)
Ashitaba
Piracetam and other AMPAs

Promotes General Brain Health
Coconut Oil
Raw Cannabis Leaf Juice

Promotes general brain health, and helps in the process of Neurogenesis
Zinc
Vitamin A

Helps things cross the blood brain barrier
Mangos

chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:27:54 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2013, 04:13:24 AM by chsados

Farm in CO and grow Hemp and I'm in.  Start an IPO and share holders earn profit from the sales of harvested Hemp.

It can be very lucrative.

Researchers found that farmers in the state of Colorado alone could see between $220 to $605 in net profits per acre of hemp. Adjusted for inflation using the consumer price index, those 1998 dollars would actually be worth $310 and $854 today, although the study’s authors note that variables in supply and demand for hemp could change that valuation.

95 acres X $310 = $29,450
95 acres X $854 = $81,130

Apparently the average is 3 harvests in a year.  Resulting in $88,350 (@ $310/acre) to $243,390 (@ $854/acre) net profit annually.

An interesting interview with one of the first Colorado farmers.

Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:09:31 PM

Farm in CO and grow Hemp and I'm in.  

Me too!  Or we could just grow marijuana, since that is legal here.

Start an IPO and share holders earn profit from the sales of harvested Hemp.

Oh now here I'm not sure what you mean.  If you are suggesting a bitcoin IPO that is illegal in Colorado and every other state as far as I can tell.  Just because it's not money doesn't mean you can avoid the security regulators.  Now if you want to wait for the crowd source funding option from the JOBS ACT to kick in I'm all in again.  But I can't be involved in any situation where people are publicly asking for bitcoin or cash to start a project unless that asking organization is completely licensed or allowed to ask for that money.  

* Viceroy done ranting about securities laws and how it's illegal to ask people for money and thinks I' don't care what people think of Obama that he signed the JOBS ACT crowdfunding law in 2012 makes him one and the same as god as far as Viceroy is concerned.

chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:02:13 PM

Farm in CO and grow Hemp and I'm in.  

Me too!  Or we could just grow marijuana, since that is legal here.

Start an IPO and share holders earn profit from the sales of harvested Hemp.

Oh now here I'm not sure what you mean.  If you are suggesting a bitcoin IPO that is illegal in Colorado and every other state as far as I can tell.  Just because it's not money doesn't mean you can avoid the security regulators.  Now if you want to wait for the crowd source funding option from the JOBS ACT to kick in I'm all in again.  But I can't be involved in any situation where people are publicly asking for bitcoin or cash to start a project unless that asking organization is completely licensed or allowed to ask for that money.  

* Viceroy done ranting about securities laws and how it's illegal to ask people for money and thinks I' don't care what people think of Obama that he signed the JOBS ACT crowdfunding law in 2012 makes him one and the same as god as far as Viceroy is concerned.

Ahh,  yea I don't know anything about the financial stuff.   So basically there is no legal way to raise capital besides a bank?
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 05:56:49 AM

securities laws are very serious and complicated.  in America you can ask friends and family for money but nobody else.  The law is designed to protect retirees from unscrupulous salesmen.  If you borrow bitcoin and promise to pay it back you are probably breaking the law... in America.
obermensch

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:49:13 PM

I want to start a project to help people work together with the environment.

We do the hard part:
Open a farm
Breed the Animals
Start the company

And everyone else just buys animals that they need, all would be for sale in BTC:
Ex:
Drangonfly eggs to be released into town ponds, to eat mosquitos and similar pests.

Guinea Chickens, for eggs. Also for their "watch dog" qualities, as in, Guinea chickens will alert you when someone that is not from the neighborhood, or a new animal is around. They also eat ants, TICKS & spiders. So they are pretty good animals to have around.

Bats, and birds. And fruit trees (and cactuses like "saguaro", which grow to be over 50 foot tall and live longer than humans) that grow well in New Mexico (like Pears, Apples & Peaches) to feed them. Bat guano can also be used for many things. And both animals eat bugs that are pests.

We will have a rabbit farm to feed both humans and any pets, while providing fertilizer.

This is just a few of the ideas that will be presented, so that we can live in a near perfect eco-system. And we can sell the eggs from the dragonflies and chickens, as well as the guano from the bats and the fruit from the trees, on the internet and at market.

I own the domain btcfarming.com if you are interested =)
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:39:38 PM

This is not a hemp farm.

desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:10:21 PM

thanks

Honestly, I have been studying this stuff since I was 14, and I am 21 now. So I couldn't tell you exactly where I learned most of it. But Google is a good place to start when you already know what to type in Smiley

I know google, however I believe that you can get really good sources of information from people with actual experience on any given subject. It's quite possible to miss some good books, etc when searching on the internets only ;-)
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 08:32:42 PM

thanks

I know google, however I believe that you can get really good sources of information from people with actual experience on any given subject. It's quite possible to miss some good books, etc when searching on the internets only ;-)

I'm just saying, since we already have the subjects listed, you can easily learn more by typing it into Google.
That's what sucks about Google, you have to know what you want to know.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: