Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:27:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ICO Hamster Marketplace - Decentralized marketplace for electronics  (Read 14935 times)
hunterofmoney

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:40:38 AM

There’s just been a lot of marketplaces and each of them is a kind of cool then the others. Does it make any sense to open one more? And starting ICO of such a project is absurd. I don’t even want to read anything ‘cause it’s just another platitude. A bunch of manufactures will gather in one place, churn out similar goods and say that they’re the best. 

Uh, you should read at least anything about Hamster before saying it’s “a platitude” and etc. By the way, if you didn’t know, this platform will focus on cooperation only with manufactures of innovative gadgets and indie-devices.

What does it matter? Ok, the marketplace is focused on any certain categories of goods, and so what? Anyway, there won’t be any diversity, unique goods and cool innovations, that’s why I see no reason in such a project. IMHO.

Listen, Hamster is a marketplace for small manufactures which a ready to offer to the market useful and innovative gadgets. That’s why the platform can claim that it will offer really interesting goods to the buyers.

Let’s suppose it’s really so. But what made the developers decide that small manufactures having really cool goods will come to Hamster rather than to a place like Amazon or eBay, where there’re much more buyers?
deort

Activity: 406
Merit: 31

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:42:35 AM

There’s just been a lot of marketplaces and each of them is a kind of cool then the others. Does it make any sense to open one more? And starting ICO of such a project is absurd. I don’t even want to read anything ‘cause it’s just another platitude. A bunch of manufactures will gather in one place, churn out similar goods and say that they’re the best. 

Uh, you should read at least anything about Hamster before saying it’s “a platitude” and etc. By the way, if you didn’t know, this platform will focus on cooperation only with manufactures of innovative gadgets and indie-devices.

What does it matter? Ok, the marketplace is focused on any certain categories of goods, and so what? Anyway, there won’t be any diversity, unique goods and cool innovations, that’s why I see no reason in such a project. IMHO.

Listen, Hamster is a marketplace for small manufactures which a ready to offer to the market useful and innovative gadgets. That’s why the platform can claim that it will offer really interesting goods to the buyers.

Let’s suppose it’s really so. But what made the developers decide that small manufactures having really cool goods will come to Hamster rather than to a place like Amazon or eBay, where there’re much more buyers?

Because small companies face the competition of giant ones which keep the market "below themselves". They have no financial means to compete with them, so their interesting and unique products lack paying attention. Hamster will gather such sellers in one place and find buyers who are interested in modern technologies and innovations for them.
hunterofmoney

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:44:09 AM

Because small companies face the competition of giant ones which keep the market "below themselves". They have no financial means to compete with them, so their interesting and unique products lack paying attention. Hamster will gather such sellers in one place and find buyers who are interested in modern technologies and innovations for them.

Well, it looks really interesting. A place with unique goods from companies which are only eager to prove themselves. I think it’s an interesting project. I’ll follow its development.
romfish

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:46:26 AM

Well, it looks really interesting. A place with unique goods from companies which are only eager to prove themselves. I think it’s an interesting project. I’ll follow its development.
Well, what did you want, indeed?) The most important thing is that only really useful and worthwhile goods will be placed on the platform, and useless goods won’t.
Ackedy

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:46:32 AM

Well, the developers have set ambitious goals. Not everyone would dare compete with digital trading giants like Amazon and eBay. Well, I think if they will act according to their plan, they’ll be able to achieve something and chop off a part of the market for themselves.
californybit

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:48:30 AM

Well, what did you want, indeed?) The most important thing is that only really useful and worthwhile goods will be placed on the platform, and useless goods won’t.
Hmm, tell me please, how does the company plan to monitor the process of placing goods in order to ensure the platform with high-quality goods to be placed on rather than fakes?
deort

Activity: 406
Merit: 31

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:49:56 AM

Hmm, tell me please, how does the company plan to monitor the process of placing goods in order to ensure the platform with high-quality goods to be placed on rather than fakes?
Hamster’s experts will manually check each product of a new vendor who wants to join the marketplace. The administration won’t allow the vendors to work on Hamster without being checked.
coldday

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:50:12 AM

Well, the developers have set ambitious goals. Not everyone would dare compete with digital trading giants like Amazon and eBay. Well, I think if they will act according to their plan, they’ll be able to achieve something and chop off a part of the market for themselves.

Wait, but why Amazon and eBay and others? Hamster isn’t going to compete with them because it’ll work in another direction.
californybit

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:52:21 AM

Hamster’s experts will manually check each product of a new vendor who wants to join the marketplace. The administration won’t allow the vendors to work on Hamster without being checked.

But this is a huge amount of work that must be done. How do the company's experts plan to deal with it?
Ackedy

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:53:25 AM

Wait, but why Amazon and eBay and others? Hamster isn’t going to compete with them because it’ll work in another direction.
Really? Wait, but what is their direction? I read that this is a marketplace for manufacturers of gadgets and other electronics that will be able to get a separate trading platform for selling their goods.
coldday

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:55:50 AM

Really? Wait, but what is their direction? I read that this is a marketplace for manufacturers of gadgets and other electronics that will be able to get a separate trading platform for selling their goods.

Yes, that's right, but Hamster won’t work with all the producers. They plan to cooperate only with small companies which just commence operation. Then a supply of unique products which are not available on Amazon and eBay will be formed.
Ackedy

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:59:38 AM

Yes, that's right, but Hamster won’t work with all the producers. They plan to cooperate only with small companies which just commence operation. Then a supply of unique products which are not available on Amazon and eBay will be formed.

Well now it becomes clearer. Does it mean that developers do not plan to conclude partnership with the major manufacturers such as Apple or Samsung?
coldday

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:04:18 AM

Well now it becomes clearer. Does it mean that developers do not plan to conclude partnership with the major manufacturers such as Apple or Samsung?

Yes, that's right, despite the fact that they also offer unique gadgets with innovative technologies.
matthewtalbot

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:08:09 AM

Yes, that's right, despite the fact that they also offer unique gadgets with innovative technologies.
Well, of course, it is difficult for young producers to compete with large companies for large marketplaces, but here anyone can compete for the best ratings. But I’m just wondering, what the buyers of the project
coldday

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:12:06 AM

Well, of course, it is difficult for young producers to compete with large companies for large marketplaces, but here anyone can compete for the best ratings. But I’m just wondering, what the buyers of the project
It’s good question), marketers plan to attract to the platform people that are interested in unique gadgets, innovative technologies, etc rather than those ones who is interested in universal goods, instead of attracting any buyers to the marketplace.
matthewtalbot

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:17:09 AM

It’s good question), marketers plan to attract to the platform people that are interested in unique gadgets, innovative technologies, etc rather than those ones who is interested in universal goods, instead of attracting any buyers to the marketplace.

Oh, well, that's so cool. If you attract any people, not all of them will understand the meaning of such a project and won’t buy anything. And there’s a separate category of buyers that want to buy something unknown and useful. So to say, to discover new technologies before they become mainstream)))
Mat24

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:20:38 AM

Oh, well, that's so cool. If you attract any people, not all of them will understand the meaning of such a project and won’t buy anything. And there’s a separate category of buyers that want to buy something unknown and useful. So to say, to discover new technologies before they become mainstream)))
Well, yes, something like this. Therefore, the buyers will be happy, and young producers will find their target audience faster than they would have carry it out on any large site like Amazon.
matthewtalbot

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:23:59 AM

Well, yes, something like this. Therefore, the buyers will be happy, and young producers will find their target audience faster than they would have carry it out on any large site like Amazon.
Someone tell me please, what categories of products will be available in Hamster after launch?
romfish

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:36:32 PM

Hello everybody. In my opinion, the company will charge too big commissions from vendors. If in a few years the first producers in Hamster reach millionths of a month's turnover, Hamster's profit will be simply huge and dishonest in relation to vendors.
californybit

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:38:00 PM

Hello everybody. In my opinion, the company will charge too big commissions from vendors. If in a few years the first producers in Hamster reach millionths of a month's turnover, Hamster's profit will be simply huge and dishonest in relation to vendors.
And why do you think that the commission is big? 20% from each purchase is a relatively normal one. At least, sellers have to give even bigger percentage of their income to the platform in modern marketplaces.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 138 »
  Print  

Jump to: